• Published 16th Jun 2016
  • 1,318 Views, 52 Comments

The Amazing Spider Mare: The Symbiote Saga - SuperPinkBrony12



A sequel to Pinkie Pie: The Amazing Spider Mare. Pinkie Pie's double life as Spider Mare is about to be turned upside down, thanks to the return of Cheese Sandwich, and a mysterious alien suit with a mind of its own. Enter, Venom!

  • ...
6
 52
 1,318

The End of Spider Mare?

The streets of Ponyville were eerily deserted, despite it being the middle of day. The only occupants admist what could now be mistaken for a ghost town, was Spider Mare a.k.a Pinkie Pie, and Cheese Sandwich (who had recently confessed about his romantic feelings for Pinkie, much to her surprise and great concern).

But Pinkie Pie knew that there was something wrong with Cheese Sandwich, and so she removed her mask and desperately pleaded with the party pony. "You don't want to do this, Cheese Sandwich," she said to him, struggling to hold back tears. "Please, let us end this before one of us is destroyed."

Cheese Sandwich remained silent as Pinkie's words reached his ears, and played over and over in his mind. "You're right, Pinkie," he said at last. "I don't want to do this," However, seconds after he had spoken those words, Cheese Sandwich was enveloped by a dark blue slimey like substance. Much to Pinkie Pie's horror, he slowly began to change, until at last a massive alien spider like hybrid with dark blue skin stood where Cheese Sandwich had been standing a short time ago. "But WE do!" an alien voice echoed, chuckling fiendishly. "Sorry, Spider Mare, but your precious Cheese Sandwich isn't here anymore. Now, Venom is in control! And we have only one goal, to ensure your destruction!"

"No! When this is over, it is you who will be destroyed!" Pinkie Pie vowed. "One way or another, I will free Cheese Sandwich from your control!"

Venom cackled, as Pinkie Pie put her mask back on and struck a fighting pose. "Promises, promises," He laughed, his echoy voice ringing through the skies. "You forget that Cheese Sandwich is a part of us, just as we were once a part of you. You cannot destroy us without also destroying the pony you love."

"We'll see about that!" Spider Mare bellowed. "Do your worst, Venom!"

"As you wish." Venom chuckled, and charged forward to attack Spider Mare. He tried to swipe at Spider Mare with his sharp alien claws, but Spider Mare jumped out of the way and shot a stream of webbing to carry her high into the air.

"Is that the best you can do?" Spider Mare taunted, as she swung around and struck Venom from behind. Normally, a blow like that would've sent any opponent to the ground, but although Venom clearly felt something from the punch, he remained standing.

"You're a fool, Spider Mare!" Venom said with a laugh "It seems you have forgotten that we are invincible! You cannot harm us no matter what you do!"

"You're lying! No one is invincible!" Spider Mare said angrily, throwing another punch at Venom.

Venom dodged the punch with ease. "You're making this all too easy, Spider Mare," he said with a grin. "It's just as we expected, your love for Cheese Sandwich has made you weak. You refuse to fight us seriously, because you want to save Cheese Sandwich. But Cheese Sandwich cannot be saved, he can't hear you or see you anymore! The only way for you to defeat us, is to destroy Cheese Sandwich along with us!"

"As if I'd believe you," Spider Mare hissed. "You lied to the stallion I loved and tried to turn him against me, for that I will show you no mercy!"

"The only one telling lies is you, Spider Mare," Venom replied in a fiendish tone of voice. "We can tell what you are thinking, because we were once a part of you. As much as you may deny it, we share a link, and it is that link that enables us to tell what's on your mind. Your thoughts betray you, you are worried about Cheese Sandwich. You love him so much that you can't bring yourself to lay a hoof on him. That will be your downfall."


The battle between Spider Mare and Venom raged on for a while, but if one were to observe the fight as it played out across the abandoned streets of Ponyville, they would see how one sided it was becoming. Venom was able to shrug off just about everything Spider Mare attacked him, even when he was forced to go on the defensive.

Meanwhile, poor Spider Mare found herself slowly growing more and more exhausted. It didn't matter if Venom managed to land an attack on her, or if she dodged a blow at the last possible minute, she could not keep up. It didn't help that her web attacks were useless against Venom's alien skin, and that the creature was able to bypass her 'Pinkie Sense' that would otherwise alert her if trouble was around.

Eventually, Spider Mare swung hard at Venom with both her fists, only for the alien to disappear with an echoy fiendish laugh. Spider Mare knew only too well what that meant. "He won't fool me this time, I'll be ready for him!" she thought to herself, and began to form a small dome with her webbing just large enough to shield herself.

Just as the dome was completed, Venom reappeared. "Hiding won't save you, Spider Mare," he chuckled, readying his sharp claws. "But if losing is your desire, then allow us to help you." Venom quickly set to work on ripping apart the dome with his claws, only to be surprised when Spider Mare leaped out from the protective wall of webbing, and kick him hard in the chest.

"How's that?! I hope it hurt!" Spider Mare said angrily. "And if it didn't, there's plenty more where that came from!"

Venom groaned and growled, as if though he was struggling with something inside of him. His skin began to move about erractically, looking like it was going to break apart at a moment's notice. All of a sudden, the familiar light brilliant orangeish-yellow coat of Cheese Sandwich poked its way out of Venom's body. Cheese Sandwich himself appeared to be unconscious, and part of him appeared to still be attached to Venom, but he was alive.

"Cheese Sandwich?!" Pinkie Pie exclaimed, her will to fight back fading away upon seeing the stallion.

However, Cheese Sandwich's appearance only lasted for a few seconds, before Venom was able to regain enough control to pull the stallion back in. "Made you look!" Venom taunted to Spider Mare, before he threw a punch that was so powerful it was enough to send Spider Mare stumbling backward. With the fight having worked its way to the top of an abandoned construction site, the punch packed enough force to make Spider Mare lose her balance.

Reacting quickly, Spider Mare shot out a stream of webbing, and caught herself in mid-air before she had a chance to fall!

"Looks like this is the end of the line for you, Spider Mare!" Venom chuckled, before he shredded the web line with his claws.

Time seemed to slow to a crawl, as Spider Mare began to plummet to the ground. She tried frantically to save herself by shooting out stream after stream of webbing, but Venom kept shredding them before they could grab hold of anything.

"So, this is what it feels like to die." Spider Mare thought to herself, as the ground drew closer and closer. As the second of impact drew closer, Spider Mare could feel her life begin to flash before her eyes. Almost before she realized it, she was looking back on the events that had led up to this final showdown with Venom. And to think it had all started with a meteorite from outer space.

Author's Note:

Alright, let's try this again and see how it works.

Cheese Sandwich's reason for becoming Venom will be explained later, but I should state now that he isn't in complete control of what is going on, and that he doesn't want Pinkie dead.

The reason why Cheese Sandwich is Venom is largely because in "Pinkie Pride" Cheese Sandwich can sense Pinkie's 'Pinkie Sense' but Pinkie Pie can't sense his 'Cheesie Sense'. Much like how Venom is immune to Spider Man's 'Spider Sense'.

As for the romance, this is because Cheese Sandwich will also be pulling double duty as the role of Mary Jane in this fic. A role he also occupied in the first installment.