• Published 16th Jun 2016
  • 1,319 Views, 52 Comments

The Amazing Spider Mare: The Symbiote Saga - SuperPinkBrony12



A sequel to Pinkie Pie: The Amazing Spider Mare. Pinkie Pie's double life as Spider Mare is about to be turned upside down, thanks to the return of Cheese Sandwich, and a mysterious alien suit with a mind of its own. Enter, Venom!

  • ...
6
 52
 1,319

Venom Returns: Part 1 (Venom's Challenge)

Spider Mare glumly moped to herself, as she swung from rooftop to rooftop in an attempt to locate Venom. Of course, she knew any chances of catching the symbiote by surprise were slim at best. "I have to find him, I have no choice," she thought to herself. "Or at least, I have to hope he finds me."

Unknown to Spider Mare, Venom wasn't too far behind. He could already tell Spider Mare was unhappy, and this delighted him to no end. "Ah, wa wa wa, what a big baby! What did Cheese Sandwich ever see in that pathetic loser?"

As Spider Mare swung from what felt like the umpteenth rooftop, Venom suddenly appeared beside her. "Hello, Spider Mare. Miss us?" Venom taunted.

"Oh great," Spider Mare mumbled to herself. "Looks like my wish came true."

"Ah, come on, Spider Mare!" Venom teased. "Lighten up, enjoy yourself while you still can!"

"What do you want from me this time?!" Spider Mare demanded.

"How's about a contest, to see who's truly the best?" Venom proposed. "Us against you in a test of speed, strength, and stamina! And if you win, we might just be tempted to let you have a few moments with your precious Cheese Sandwich."

"I doubt you'll actually honor your word, but I guess I don't really have a choice," Spider Mare realized. "You'd probably threaten innocent civilians if I said no."

"Excellent!" Venom laughed, and swung out ahead of Spider Mare. "Keep up with us if you can, Spider Mare! Last one to the finish line is a rotten brain!" Within seconds, Venom had pulled out into the lead. "Oh boy, I'll bet Pinkie just hates it when we get the drop on her!" he smirked.

"Ugh, even though I know I can't detect him I still hate that he got the drop on me!" Spider Mare growled. "Well, this time I'm not gonna hold back! If it's a fight he wants, it's a fight he's gonna get!" And with that, Spider Mare chased after Venom, swinging from rooftop to rooftop at a break neck pace.


"Hurry up, slowpoke! We don't have all day!" Venom complained, as the gap between him and Spider Mare grew wider and wider.

"Relax, Venom, I'm just warming up! Besides, I doubt you 'symbiote' creatures play fair!" Spider Mare replied.

"Oh, you think so huh?!" Venom said angrily, halting in his tracks. "Fine then, we'll give you a sporting chance! Better not keep us waiting!"

"I won't, you can be sure of that." Spider Mare called, as she swung towards Venom's location. "I can't believe he fell for that," she thought to herself. "Well, I'd better take advantage of this opportunity."

Pretty soon, Spider Mare had caught up to Venom, and there were no more rooftops that either of them could swing to. They had reached the outskirts of Ponyville, close to the edge of town and the road that led down south to locations like Appleloosa and Grizzly Gulch.

"No where left to run, eh Venom?" Spider Mare taunted. "Now give me back Cheese Sandwich, and no one gets hurt!"

"This race is far from over, Spider Mare!" Venom replied, jumping down from the roof and heading into town. "Catch us if you can!"

"Get back here, Venom!" Spider Mare shouted, following after him. "You leave those ponies alone! It's me you want!"

"Hey, if we can't have a little fun we might as well leave!" Venom smirked, running past crowds of ponies. "Hot soup, coming through! Make way ponies!" Screams of panic soon filled the air, as Venom raced through the crowded town square, smashing through carts and overturning stands!

"I've gotta send him off track before he wrecks the whole town!" Spider Mare thought to herself, and quickly came up with an idea. "Hey, Venom, you're going the wrong way! If you REALLY want cause some trouble, you've got to turn around and make a right at the next cross road!" Of course, Spider Mare knew that way was full of mostly grass, the only building along that path was the spa. But she was hopeful Venom wasn't aware of that fact.

"Thanks for doing our job for us, Spider Mare," Venom laughed, and abruptly changed direction. "How can we ever thank you?"

"Just don't fall behind, slow poke!" Spider Mare taunted, and led Venom away.


Despite Spider Mare's best efforts, Venom soon caught up with her. But he was quite furious to learn that he'd been tricked. "There's no buildings here at all, this path is deserted! You lied to us, Spider Mare!"

"Well, somepony had to stop you from terrorizing the town!" Spider Mare replied, firing off a few web balls at Venom. But much to her dismay, they bounced harmlessly off his skin.

"And just what are those supposed to do?" Venom asked with a laugh.

"Well, they're supposed to hurt." Spider Mare said nervously.

"Right idea, wrong execution!" Venom replied. "Let us show you how it's done!" In the blink of an eye, a few black colored balls appeared in his right claw, which he then hurled at Spider Mare! Spider Mare deflected one with her webbing, but was forced to duck out of the way of the remaining ones! They struck a wall behind her with a massive thud!

It was then that Venom noticed what Spider Mare had hoped he wouldn't be aware of, The Ponyville Spa! "Oh, how lovely. You lead us right to the spa," Venom chuckled. "I hope they don't mind if we pay them a little 'visit'." And before Spider Mare could stop him, Venom took off!

"Seems like every time I try to outsmart him he always turns it around and makes things worse for me," Spider Mare thought to herself. "I just hope Aloe, Lotus, and all the others at the spa don't get hurt until I can chase Venom out of there!"

"Hello, and welcome to the Ponyville Spa. How may we be of assistance?" Aloe greeted, as the front door of the spa burst open. But then she screamed when she saw just who it was who had come bursting in unannounced. "Oh my goodness!" she exclaimed.

"Look out, lady!" Venom replied, shoving his way past Aloe and into the spa itself. Spider Mare wasn't too far behind.

"Hey, don't go scaring away our customers!" Lotus shouted, but both Venom and Spider Mare were already too far away to hear by the time the words had left her mouth.

"This sightseeing tour's over, Venom!" Spider Mare said furiously, punching Venom on the side. "Turn around now and leave this spa! If you want to fight me, do it! Just stop fooling around and wasting my time, I'm in no mood for games!"

"Outta the way, runt!" Venom replied, shoving Spider Mare aside and sending her flying through the door to the spa's basement laundry room. "Better watch out, Spider Mare! That first step's always a dozy!" Venom taunted, as he continued his sight seeing tour of destruction and mayhem.

Spider Mare was relieved that the stairs leading down to the basement weren't very steep, but that didn't mean the impact still didn't hurt. "Ow, my head!" she exclaimed, as she slowly picked herself up and dusted herself off.


By the time Spider Mare managed to catch up to Venom, he had already caused a great deal of trouble. A few spa patrons had already fled, either out of fright from seeing Venom, or out of fury from having their privacy invaded.

"Oh, this is the most fun I've had in ages!" Venom laughed.

"Well, the fun's over!" Spider Mare said seriously. "Do you want to fight me or not?! If so, stop invading the privacy of ponies and leave this place alone!"

"Patience, Spider Mare, we'll get to you in a moment!" Venom replied. "But first, let's see what's behind this door here."

Spider Mare's eyes widened when she realized what door Venom was opening. "Venom, wait! Don't open that door! I mean it this time!"

"Like we'd listen to you after that stunt you pulled last time!" Venom snorted. "We weren't born yesterday!" Venom proceeded to open the door, and his eyes beheld a most unexpected sight. "Ooh! Looks like we hit the jackpot!" he said with a grin.

"Excuse me!" a snobbish female voice exclaimed, quickly revealing itself to be none other than Spoiled Rich, soaking in a hot tub. "What do you think you're doing?! This is a private spa!"

"Oh, is it?" Venom asked.

"Indeed it is, so get out!" Spoiled Rich demanded.

"But we-" Venom began.

"OUT!" Spoiled Rich bellowed, throwing a towel at Venom before emerging from the hot tub, kicking him in the chest, and slamming the door shut!

"I tried to warn you." Spider Mare said to Venom, as she quickly delivered a punch while Venom tried to remove the towel from his face.

"You set us up!" Venom bellowed, as he managed to finally yank the towel off his face. "You knew we wouldn't listen to you, so you led us to the spa on purpose, pretending to trick us! You wanted to humiliate us, and for that you will pay dearly!"

"So does mean you're finally going to fight me?" Spider Mare asked Venom.

"Oh you'd better believe it! Starting now!" Venom replied, tackling Spider Mare and causing the two of them to crash through a wall.

"AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!" Rarity screamed, horrified both at seeing Spider Mare and Venom come crashing into the steam room, and at being caught in the middle of a steam bath.

"My eyes are closed, I didn't see anything, I swear!" Spider Mare insisted.

"Oops, sorry lady," Venom apologized. "Didn't see a thing, scout's honor." He quickly picked up Spider Mare, and dragged her out of the steam room as if she were a rag doll.

"What in Equestria is becoming of Ponyville?!" Rarity said furiously to herself. "What does a girl have to do around here to take a steam bath in private?!"


Once Venom and Spider Mare were outside the spa, Venom placed Spider Mare down on the ground. "Is that all you've got, wall crawler? We expected better from you." he taunted.

Much to Venom's surprise, Spider Mare lept up and kicked him in the chin, before shooting a stream of webbing into his face. "I just needed to get you to leave the spa and stop picking on other ponies!" Spider Mare replied. "I'll fight you, but only if it's someplace where nopony else is around to get in the way. It's between you and me, so let's keep it that way."

"Fine then. If you wanna fight, follow us. We know the perfect place for your destruction." Venom instructed, and took off for an unspecified location. Spider Mare followed him from a distance. She had a plan in mind.


At last, Venom stopped at a remote alleyway just outside Ponyville town square. With the exception of a dumpster, and some graffiti sprayed walls, the location was completely empty. "Ah, the perfect place to go all out and get our revenge," Venom thought out loud. "Now, where did that web slinging whimp get to? She better not have chickened out!" Then he proceeded to call out. "Oh you who, Spider Wuss! Come out and play!" Just seconds later, Venom felt a series of hooves strike him hard on the back.

"Tag, you're it!" Spider Mare taunted, turning around to face Venom.

"You got lucky that time, Spider Mare," Venom replied furiously, before a fiendish smile crossed his face. "But you can't hit what you can't see!" In the blink of an eye, Venom disappeared.

Spider Mare rushed forward towards Venom's location, encasing her fists in webbing in the hopes that they would add a little "oomph" to her punches. But all she managed to do was swipe effortlessly at the air, making herself look like a fool. "Coward, afraid to come out in the open and fight me like... like... like... like... whatever you are!" she growled.

"We're not afraid!" Venom taunted.

"Then show yourself!" Spider Mare demanded, continuing to swipe at the air. All the while, Venom taunted her with echoy laughs. "Where are you?!"

"Think of this as a great big game of hide and seek," Venom chuckled. "We're hiding, and you're the seeker."

"But I didn't even count to ten! And I told you, I'm in no mood for games!" Spider Mare said furiously. "Fight me face to face, or just go away!"

"Sorry, Spider Mare, we'll be making the rules around here," Venom replied. "So come and find us, we'll be waiting!"

Spider Mare just shook her head, and sighed. "Well, I guess my first step should be to get a better view of the play area," she thought to herself. "Then I can narrow down my search to the most likely hiding places, and start from there."

But just as Spider Mare began to pull herself up to a nearby rooftop with her webbing, Venom shouted. "Ah ah, no wall crawling!" And before Spider Mare had a chance to react, she was grabbed by the extended arm of Venom which pulled her in close to the symbiote. "And now for a penalty for breaking the rules!" Venom added, as he stuck out his tongue.

Spider Mare quickly realized what Venom was going to do, and mentally cringed at the thought of it. "Ew, ew, ew, ew, ew, ew! Venom, get a breath mint, seriously!"

"How was that?" Venom asked, after he had finished licking Spider Mare and had tossed her back onto the ground.

Much to Venom's surprise, Spider Mare was laughing. "Wait, do it again! Do it again! It tickles!" she chuckled.

"It tickles does it?" Venom asked furiously. "Well, this one will do more than that!" And he reached out his arm to pull Spider Mare close.

Reacting quickly, Spider Mare grabbed the arm and pulled on it with all her might. "All's fair in love and war, Venom!" she shouted, before she delivered a powerful punch to Venom's face that had the symbiote reeling. For a few moments, Cheese Sandwich's face seemed to poke up. "Cheese Sandwich?" Spider Mare nervously asked.

But Cheese Sandwich's face finally merged back into the symbiote, as Venom replied. "Nope, sorry! For the last time, bug girl, Cheese Sandwich is gone and he ain't coming back!"

"That's not true! I know you're losing control!" Spider Mare said furiously. "Sooner or later, Cheese Sandwich and I will be reunited, and you'll be ancient history!"

"But history repeats itself, Spider Mare!" Venom responded. "So come at us with all you've got, the only way to get rid of us, is to destroy us! And we know you can't bring yourself to do that if it means losing your special somepony!"

"Well, either way, we both know you can't beat me in a fair fight! My love for Cheese Sandwich will give me all the strength I need to stop you!" Spider Mare vowed.

"And just how far does your love for Cheese Sandwich extend?" Venom asked. "Why don't we find out? I wonder what depths you'd be willing to go to if it meant you had a chance to see your lover again?"

"What are you up to now, Venom?" Spider Mare demanded.

"You'll see in a minute." Venom replied, as he jumped past Spider Mare and grasped the cover to the sewer. Prying open the ponyhole cover, Venom lept down the hole, screaming as he made his descent.

Without hesitation, Spider Mare jumped down after him, also screaming. "The sewers?!" she realized. "Oh, Venom is going to pay big time for this! Does he have any idea how expensive dry cleaning is?!"

Author's Note:

Much of Venom's interactions and dialogue in this chapter are based on two levels involving him in the Spider Man game for the PS1. More specifically the first two levels of the game's fourth chapter, "Venom's Chase" and "Spidey v.s. Venom".

The former has Spider Man chasing after Venom, and the latter is a traditional boss fight taking place in a confined alleyway. In the chase, at one point Venom and Spider Man run through an unspecified building (changed to a fitness spa in the "What If?" mode), and in the boss fight if Venom appears while Spider Man is trying to climb the walls, Venom will yank Spider Man off the walls and attack him. He will then laugh and usually disappear, and if he reappears close to Spider Man, he will grab him and lick him prompting Spider Man to complain (in the "What If?" mode he begs Venom to do it again and says it tickles). At the end of the boss fight, Venom tears off a manhole cover, and he and Spider Man plunge into New York's sewers, where the rest of the fourth chapter takes place.