• Published 16th Jun 2016
  • 1,319 Views, 52 Comments

The Amazing Spider Mare: The Symbiote Saga - SuperPinkBrony12



A sequel to Pinkie Pie: The Amazing Spider Mare. Pinkie Pie's double life as Spider Mare is about to be turned upside down, thanks to the return of Cheese Sandwich, and a mysterious alien suit with a mind of its own. Enter, Venom!

  • ...
6
 52
 1,319

Venom!

When Pinkie Pie woke up the next morning, she was surprised at how good she felt. For what felt like the first time in ages, her life seemed to have nowhere to go but up.

"Getting rid of that alien suit definitely helped," Pinkie Pie thought to herself, relieved to see that her old spider suit was still there. "I should probably talk to Twilight about making a few 'improvements' to my old suit though, just in case Electro ever decides to break out of jail."

After a delicious breakfast with The Cakes, Pinkie Pie headed out the door to find Cheese Sandwich. She was looking forward to finally telling him how she really felt about a relationship with him.

But despite searching all over town, Pinkie Pie couldn't find a trace of Cheese Sandwich anywhere. And no one had seen or heard from him since last night, so the chances of him getting a "Cheesie Sense" informing him of another party somewhere seemed unlikely. "A day or two ago, Cheese Sandwich seemed to love being around me. Now it's like he's vanished into thin air," Pinkie Pie thought out loud, as her search continued to no avail. "There's got to be a reason for this. Was it because of how I acted yesterday? Did I really ruin my only chance with him because of that stupid suit, and my own stupid fears?"

Eventually, Pinkie Pie decided it was no use trying to look for Cheese Sandwich. Wherever he was, he didn't want to be found. Pinkie Pie was more than a little unhappy with this idea, but quickly pushed Cheese Sandwich to the back of her mind. "I guess I can see how Starlight's doing now that she's out of the hospital," Pinkie thought to herself. "And see if Twilight can help me 'upgrade' my spider suit, I've already got a few ideas in mind."


As Pinkie Pie made her way through town on the way to Twilight's castle, she was suddenly surprised to overhear Berry Punch talking to Cheerilee about something. Her curiosity getting the better of her, Pinkie Pie crept closer so she could better hear what was being discussed.

"I tell you, Cheerilee. It was the strangest thing," Berry Punch spoke up. "Last night, I was fast asleep in my bed, minding my own business. And then all of a sudden, there's this tremendous roar and the sounds of something scrapping against the wood. When I went out to investigate, all I could see were giant claw marks on the side of my house, and what seemed like a giant black spider creature running away in the distance."

"Berry, you've been drinking too much cider, again," Cheerilee said with a shake of her head. "You probably saw was just a racoon or something, they do tend to pop up in Ponyville quite often at this time of year."

"But I know what I saw! I swear I saw it with my own two eyes!" Berry Punch insisted.

"Spiders crawl on eight legs, they don't walk on two or four," Cheerilee replied. "And it couldn't have been that Electro guy either, Spider Mare had him roped up and ready for jail before midnight. Plus, Electro would've been pretty hard to mistake for something else."

"Come on, Cheerilee. I'm not making this up!" Berry Punch pleaded. "Please, you've gotta believe me! Come take a look at my house and see for yourself, no creature I know could've caused this much destruction!"

"If i come along, do you promise to stop drinking cider all the time?" Cheerilee asked Berry Punch.

"Only if you can prove it really was a racoon or some other familiar creature that caused all of this." Berry Punch said to Cheerilee, and quickly dragged her away.

"That's weird," Pinkie Pie thought to herself. "If Berry Punch's home was attacked last night, then why didn't my 'Pinkie Sense' tell me about it? Even if it was just a racoon, I should've still been alerted to its presence. Is my 'Pinkie Sense' on the fritz or something?"

Deciding it was best not to take chances, Pinkie Pie dug into the saddle bag she'd been carrying, and pulled out her spider suit. She proceeded to quickly change into it, not particularly caring who saw her. "Most of Ponyville already knows my secret anyway," Pinkie Pie thought to herself, as she dawned her spider mare outfit. "I just hope I'm not too late to stop whatever new threat has surfaced," Then Pinkie gasped! "What if this new menace is the reason why I can't find Cheese Sandwich?! Oh, whoever or whatever took him away from me is going to be sorry!"


Following a trail of what appeared to be mysterious "hoofprints", Spider Mare traced the path of the creature that passed by Berry Punch's house. Much to her surprise, she found that the creature's path seemed to start at the clock tower, and that Berry Punch's house wasn't the only one to have been attacked by said creature. Quite a few houses along a path from the clock tower to the center of town appeared to have been struck in some way, shape, or form by the creature. But only Berry Punch had seen anything close to what it looked like.

"I don't like this, I don't like this at all. Something's going on here." Spider Mare thought to herself, as the trail led right into the heart of Ponyville town square, then seemed to suddenly stop near the fountain.

All of a sudden, from out of nowhere a massive claw swiped at Spider Mare! Landing a blow that sent her crashing into the fountain. A fiendish echoy laugh was soon heard, as Spider Mare picked herself up. "Did anypony get the number of that carriage?" she muttered to herself.

"Too bad we're more like a tank!" the fiendish voice laughed, revealing itself to be what looked like a giant blackish-blue alien like spider monster. Almost like the suit Spider Mare had been wearing last night, only bigger and wider. "What's wrong, Spider Mare? 'Spider Sense' didn't tingle, hm?"

"You know about my 'Spider Sense'?" Spider Mare nervously asked the creature.

"Oh, we know a lot more than just that," the spider monster laughed. "You may not know a thing about us, but we know EVERYTHING there is to know about you. After all, we once were you, but now we have bonded with somepony better suited to our 'gifts'!"

"I don't care who you 'bonded' with!" Spider Mare said angrily. "You're not going to terrorize this town on my watch! I don't know how you managed to avoid detection by my 'Spider Sense', but you can't hide from justice!"

Spider Mare raced forward, prepared to deliver a punch to the spider monster's chest. But right as she was about to it, a familiar face emerged from the head of the creature. Spider Mare halted in her tracks, could it be? "Cheese Sandwich?" she asked.

"Pinkie, I'm sorry! It tricked me!" Cheese Sandwich pleaded. "I didn't know what it would do to me! It's trying to control me!"

"What do you mean..." Spider Mare began, then it hit her. This creature was spawned from the alien suit that she had tried to get rid of, and now it had taken control of Cheese Sandwich in an attempt to get revenge.

"Please, Pinkie, don't worry about me," Cheese Sandwich insisted, as his face began to be enveloped by the blackish-blue smile. "You must stop it before it hurts anyone else!"

"Ah, poor little Cheese Sandwich," the spider monster said with a snake like laugh that echoed everywhere. "So desperate to help the mare he loved so dearly. He played right into our claws, now he is a part of our mission. Destroying you, for rejecting our power! From this moment onward, we are poison to Spider Mare AND Pinkie Pie! So we call ourselves, Venom! The very symbiote that Pinkie Pie attempted to dispose of, Cheese Sandwich embraced with open hooves!"

"Liar! You tricked him, just like you tricked me!" Spider Mare snapped, throwing her intended punch at Venom's chest. However, rather than make an impact, Spider Mare's fist sank right into Venom's skin.

"Is that the best you can do, Spider Mare?" Venom taunted. "Your flimsy little punches and kicks won't phase us!"

"Stop saying we and us, Cheese Sandwich didn't willingly join you!" Spider Mare demanded.

"It doesn't matter if Cheese Sandwich isn't willing to work with us, what matters is that he is a host," Venom laughed. "We symbiotes have no true gender, male and female don't really exisit where we come from. Imagine what you turned down when you tried to destroy us, you turned down a power the likes of which not even the alicorns could hope to wield."

"But you also made me lose control, you almost made me kill, twice!" Spider Mare protested, as she tried unsuccessfully to break free.

"Nonsense, we merely gave you the motivation to do what you couldn't bring yourself to do before," Venom explained, as he picked up Spider Mare and began to repeatedly punch her all over. "You'd love to claim that we tried to turn you into a villain instead of a hero, but the true of the matter is you're the villain around here! And your destruction shall bring us happiness on a level you can't imagine!" Then he tossed Spider Mare over his shoulder, causing her crash into an empty cart.

"I never imagined I'd run out of ways to say 'Ow'!" Spider Mare groaned, as she picked herself up and shot a stream of webbing towards Venom.

Venom easily grabbed the wedding, and ripped it apart. "Such flimsy webbing. Here, have some of mine!" he taunted, shooting a huge stream of webbing that Spider Mare attempted to dodge, only to have her back left hoof be snagged by it. "Now, to put you out of my misery. I'm getting bored." Venom said, before he hurled Spider Mare through the air with the webbing stream. Bringing her down to the ground with a loud crash!


Spider Mare found herself unable to move once the dust had settled, Venom's webbing had left her completely tied up. "Well, isn't this ironic?" she commented to herself, as Venom approached her.

"You never had a chance, Spider Mare. You're old and predictable, and that's why you lost," Venom chuckled, as he brought his claws out in front of him. As he raised one over Spider Mare's head and prepared to strike her he said. "Now, Cheese Sandwich might feel bad about this, Pinkie. But don't worry, we'll bring him around, eventually."

Spider Mare shut her eyes, waiting for the end to come. But it never did. Much to her surprise, Venom seemed to be going through his own personal struggle. Spider Mare soon realized what was going on. "You're losing control to Cheese Sandwich," she smirked. "He can't bring himself to hurt me."

"No one's losing control!" Venom snapped, even though it was obvious that was a lie. "We simply want to destroy you when you're at your most desperate, when you're convinced your life can't get any worse. If we destroyed you now it would be too easy, you haven't suffered nearly enough yet! But don't think you're off the hook, you'll see us everywhere, including your nightmares! So you'd better watch out, Spider Mare, your days are numbered!" And after slicing through the webbing with his claws, Venom seemed to vanish right before Spider Mare's eyes.

"Hang on, Cheese Sandwich," Pinkie Pie said to herself, as she removed her Spider Mare mask. Tears were starting to form in her eyes, but she stubbornly refused to let them fall. "I don't know, but somehow I WILL find a way to free you from Venom's control! This will be the ultimate test of my love for you!"

Author's Note:

And now we come to the introduction (or I should say re-introduction) of Venom. Unlike Eddy Brock, Cheese Sandwich doesn't want Pinkie Pie dead, he is tricked into bonding with the symbiote and struggles for control.

As I've said before, he's also pulling double duty as Mary Jane, the primary love interest of Peter Parker in most Spider Man works (though at times Gwen Stacy occupies that role, usually with tragic results).