• Published 16th Jun 2016
  • 1,318 Views, 52 Comments

The Amazing Spider Mare: The Symbiote Saga - SuperPinkBrony12



A sequel to Pinkie Pie: The Amazing Spider Mare. Pinkie Pie's double life as Spider Mare is about to be turned upside down, thanks to the return of Cheese Sandwich, and a mysterious alien suit with a mind of its own. Enter, Venom!

  • ...
6
 52
 1,318

Beware The Rhino

The trouble all began with a mysterious meteorite that came crashing out of the sky one warm summer night. In a blaze of firey light, the massive space rock came to rest in the fields of Sweet Apple Acres, jolting its residences awake with a tremendous boom!

Before long, a barrage of scientifc minds from all over Equestria (and even a few from lands beyond) descended on the farm. Each of them eager to bring back a fragment of the gigantic meteorite to study in great detail. One of those minds, was Ponyville's very own Princess Twilight Sparkle, who had recently stumbled across a great scientifc mystery. One that had a personal connection to her good friend, Pinkie Pie.


Just a few days after the meteorite's crash landing, Twilight extended an invitation for Pinkie Pie to visit her at the young princess' crystal castle.

"So, what's this all about, Twilight?" Pinkie Pie asked. "Does it have something to do with that meteorite?"

Twilight shook her head. "So far, I haven't found anything out of the ordinary with the meteorite. The reason why I called you here is because I have some shocking news."

"After everything I've seen it would take a lot for something to shock me," Pinkie Pie replied, suspecting nothing. "Go ahead, I'm all ears."

Taking a deep breath, Twilight looked Pinkie Pie in the eyes and asked her "Do you remember your visit to Griffonstone with Rainbow Dash, when the two of you met Gilda?"

Pinkie Pie nodded. "I found it very odd that she didn't seem to remember anything about being The Green Griffon."

"Well, Spike, Starlight, and I have been conducting tests on the feather sample you retrieved from her," Twilight explained. "As well as the feather sample from The Green Griffon. The Gilda that became The Green Griffon was more than just an imposter, and she wasn't a changeling either. She was an exact genetic copy of Gilda, in other words, a clone."

Those words caused Pinkie Pie's mouth to drop open in shock. "Could she be releated to the Pokey Pierce look alike I saw at the Grand Galloping Gala?" she asked Twilight.

Twilight put a hoof to her chin. "It's a possibility, but unfortunately without a proper DNA sample I can't conduct more tests to confirm or deny it. However, it would seem that somewhere in Equestria, or possibly even beyond, someone is involved in the illegal advancement of cloning."

"You don't suspect our friends could secretly be clones, do you?" Pinkie Pie asked Twilight.

Twilight shook her head. "No, not even Starlight Glimmer could be a clone. The clones mostly seem to have no recollection of events prior to the date of their creation, the Gilda clone that became The Green Griffon is an exception."

"So, was the Pokey Pierce I was in love with a clone as well?" Pinkie Pie asked hopefully.

Twilight once again shook her head. "No, I'm afraid the real Pokey Pierce died at the claws of The Green Griffon, the autospy confirmed he was the real deal. The Pokey Pierce you met at The Gala and that now lives in Ponyville is clearly a clone, likely sent to find out what you know about it and The Green Griffon. Unfortunately, I can't obtain another DNA sample from The Green Griffon anytime soon. With her about to go on trial in The Griffon Empire, they will want to avoid all chances of outsider interference. It may take months before I can even request another sample be provided."

"Then, what should be done with the Pokey Pierce clone in the meantime?" Pinkie Pie nervously asked.

With a sigh, Twilight instructed to Pinkie Pie "For now, it's probably best if he doesn't suspect we're onto him. Keep him in the dark, at least until we have a better idea of who or what we're up against. I know it must be hard for you to continue the act considering how close you and the real Pokey Pierce were, but the clone appears to be fixated on you. If any of the rest of us try to engage him, he becomes weary and refuses to talk."

"Well, thanks for the news, Twilight," Pinkie Pie replied in a somewhat somber tone. Even now, she still didn't like to talk much about Pokey Pierce, or the role she still believed she had played in his untimely demise. "If you discover anything important, make sure to let me know." And with that, Pinkie Pie set off back to Sugarcube Corner. Crime in Equestria had been at an all time low recently, and Pinkie was content to use this as a chance to catch up on some much needed sleep. Leading a double life as Spider Mare was extremely exhausting.


Unknown to anyone, fate was not going to be on Pinkie Pie's side tonight. For, when word reached out that the Princess of Friendship was in possession of a fragement of a meteorite, and a meteorite was a rare experience in Equestria, all sorts of powerful forces conspired to obtain it and sell it for a high price.

One of these forces had made arrangements with an unknown stallion clad in an armor plated rhino suit to steal the meteorite fragment, and deliver it intact to the Ponyville Dam. The intent was for the client to retrieve the fragment under cover of darkness, and sell it before anyone else had a chance to steal it.

And so it was that armor plated rhino suit wearing stallion was observing the Castle of Friendship from a distance. "That chunk of space rock is gonna make me rich," the stallion thought to himself. "I'll be more than happy to part with it, for a price. They say this so called 'Mane-iac''s got some deep pockets, and I'm gonna make sure he or she empties out if they want that meteorite fragment. Now, how do I wanna do this? Should I go for the direct approach, or try something a little more delicate?"

Meanwhile, in the designated lab room of the castle, Starlight Glimmer and Twilight were working late into the night to try and discover what sort of secrets the meteorite fragment might be hiding. After all, both ponies were shocked to discover just how much energy it gave off, despite having traveled millions of miles through outer space.

"Starlight, can you please bring me the thermal scanner?" Twilight instructed. "These energy readings are unlike anything ever recorded before, there must be something inside of it that's generating so much power."

"One thermal scanner coming right up," Starlight affirmatively replied. "What do you suppose is causing these energy spikes? And how can we be sure it won't blow up?!"

"This magical containment barrier I've set up should hold any significant power surges in check," Twilight explained to Starlight. "And the glass display case I've placed in should provide an extra layer of protection. Hopefully, in another day or two, the energy levels should drop to a safe enough level for more in-depth research."

"Twilight," Spike called nervously from upstairs. "There's uh... somepony here who wants to speak to you about the meteorite fragment. He says it's urgent."

"What does he want?" Twilight asked.

"He says he wants that meteorite fragment, and he won't take no for an answer," Spike told Twilight. "I'd do what he says. He seems to have some weight to his warnings."

"Whoever he is, I'm not just going to give up the meteorite fragment to the first pony who wants it," Twilight said angrily. "You tell him my answer is no, and if he's got a problem with that he can say it to my face."

"Besides," Starlight added. "The research of this fragment could be extremely important, Twilight and I might just be on the verge of a scientifc break-through. And we don't even know if the fragment can handle be carried long distances."

But only seconds after Starlight had said that, there was a tremendous thumping sound, followed by a deafening crash. Standing just inches in front of Twilight and Starlight, was a stallion clad in an armor plated rhino suit. "I told you I wouldn't take no for an answer!" the stallion snorted, stomping the back right hoof of his costume on the ground. "Now, I want that meteorite fragment and I want it now!"

"And you think we're just going to give it to you after your rather rude entrance?" Starlight asked furiously. "Look what you've done to the place, it's a mess!" And she was right. Empty glass beakers had been knocked over and fallen onto the ground, where they had immediately shattered into pieces. Various pieces of equipment had either been knocked on their side, or fallen onto the ground.

"That's just stuff, you can always replace it," the stallion snorted. "You'd better give me that meteorite fragment, before I break you something you can't replace. Better hurry, I'm in a very bad mood today."

"You want that fragment so badly, you'll have to get past me!" Starlight insisted, shooting off a beam of magic from her horn. But much to Twilight and Starlight's horror, said beam bounced off the stallion's armor and struck Starlight just above her right forehoof. Starlight collapsed onto the ground.

"STARLIGHT!" Twilight bellowed, rushing to her student's side at once.

The stallion laughed. "Pathetic fool, this armor is one hundred percent magic proof. Doesn't matter what you hit me with, it just bounces back and hits you. Now, give me the meteorite fragment, and nopony else has to get hurt."

Twilight was furious at the idea of giving up the meteorite fragment, but she knew that she had no choice. Right now, the well being of Starlight took priority over her research. Furiously (and with much gritting of teeth), Twilight tossed the glass container holding the meteorite fragment to the armor plated stallion. "You want it that badly?! Fine, take it! You won't get away with this!"

The stallion only laughed harder. "Oh yeah? And who's going to stop me? Mr. Mcdoesn'texisit?" And with the meteorite fragment clutched firmly in his hooves, the stallion took off, tearing a rhino sized hole in a nearby wall.

"Hey! I just finished repainting!" Twilight snapped, but the stallion was too far away to hear.


It didn't take long for word to get out that there had been a commotion at Twilight's castle, and that Starlight Glimmer had been badly hurt. In fact, Pinkie Pie had become alerted to the situation before anypony else, thanks in no small part to her 'Pinkie Sense'. Wasting no time, she dashed to the hospital. Twilight was already there, pacing anxiously back and forth in the waiting room.

"Twilight!" Pinkie Pie exclaimed, relieved to see that her friend was still alright. "What happened?! Is Starlight gonna be okay?!"

"We were attacked by a stallion in an armor plated rhino suit," Twilight explained to Pinkie Pie. "Starlight tried to hit him with a blast of magic, but her beam bounced right off him and struck her instead. She's in pretty bad shape right now."

Pinkie Pie's heart sank, she hoped more than anything that Twilight was wrong. "Starlight's a fighter! She'll pull through, I just know it!" she said firmly.

"I hope you're right, Pinkie," Twilight replied, eyeing the double doors that led to the operating room. Then she sighed "But it gets worse, that stallion made off with the meteorite fragment. He was travelling pretty fast, he could be miles away by now."

"Any idea where he was headed?" Pinkie Pie asked Twilight.

"He seemed to be taking off towards the Ponyville Dam," Twilight told Pinkie Pie. "But if you're thinking of going after him, be careful! He's very powerful and very dangerous!"

"Don't you worry your pretty little head about it, Twilight," Pinkie Pie reassured her. "Spider Mare will see to it that the only place he'll be going anytime soon, is jail." And with that, she dashed back to Sugarcube Corner to suit up.


The armor plated stallion was relieved when he was able to slip inside the generator room of the Ponyville Dam undetected. Apparently, his presence had scared off all the workers. Carefully setting the container holding the meteorite fragment down, he breathed a much needed sigh of relief. "So far so good," he told himself. "I just gotta hang out here until the client shows up to collect the meteorite. I'm gonna be rich! Richer than those so called 'Elites' in Canterlot."

"I wouldn't count my chickens before they've hatched," a cocky female voice cried out. "Didn't your mother ever tell you not to take things that don't belong to you?"

The stallion turned around, and gasped in horror at the sight that greeted him. "Spider Mare!" he exclaimed. "So, the itsy bitsy spider thinks it can take on the rhino?!"

"You got that right!" Spider Mare said seriously. "I was looking forward to taking the night off for once, get some rest and relaxation. But no, you had to pick tonight to steal from my good friend, Princess Twilight. And for that, you're going to pay!"

"Don't count on it, bug breath!" The Rhino taunted. "You weren't supposed to be part of the plan, but now that you're here I very much can't let you walk away with my ticket to fortune. I'm gonna dirty you up so bad, that Starlight what's her name isn't gonna be the only mare laying in a hospital bed!"

"So, not only did you steal from a princess and trash her castle, but you also beat up an innocent mare?" Spider Mare asked. "Ooh, I'm gonna enjoy teaching you some manners. Scum like you are the reason I exisit!"

"Just go ahead, try to stop me!" The Rhino bellowed. "This armor's impervious to just about anything you can dish out! Punches, kicks, webbing, magic blasts, you name it!"

"We'll just see about that!" Spider Mare cried, as she swung her fists hard into the rhino's chest. However, that turned out to be a bad idea, pain rocketed through her arm in a matter of seconds.

"See, this armor ain't just for show!" The Rhino chuckled. "I'm gonna crush you so badly no one's gonna be able to recognize you!" He charged head on into Spider Mare, sending her flying backwards until she hit a wall. "There's more where that came from!" the rhino taunted, beating his chest.

"My normal style of crime fighting isn't going to cut it here," Spider Mare thought to herself, as she picked herself up. She wasn't hurt too badly, but the impact had definitely knocked the wind out of her. "He's got to have a weak spot, somewhere." Then, Spider Mare looked up above her, and saw that her impact had knocked loose a few of the electrical wires that carried power between the generators. Almost immediately, an idea came to her.

"What's the matter, bug mare?" the rhino snorted, stomping his hooves impatiently. "In two minds about standing up to me? Let me help you out, don't bother!"

"Oh, my mind is made up alright," Spider Mare said, glaring at The Rhino. "Now more than ever, I'm determined to take you down!"

The rhino simply shrugged. "Oh well, I guess some ponies learn the hard way! Ready for round two?!"

"Bring it!" Spider Mare taunted.

The Rhino let out an angry bellow, before he charged head long at Spider Mare. Spider Mare was one step ahead of him, however, and jumped out of the way at the last moment. The rhino was travelling too fast to stop himself, and his horn made contact with the exposed electrical wires. He screamed, as the electricity surged through his suit. Most of the voltage was absorbed into the armor, but not all of it.

Spider Mare couldn't help but snicker at the scene unfolding before her. "Hey, did you get a charge out of that?" she asked The Rhino, barely surpressing another chuckle with her hoof.

"Shut up! This isn't funny!" The Rhino yelled, as he tried to free himself from the tangled wires that had wrapped around his horn. A task that was easier said than done considering the pain he was in.

"Oh, what's wrong? Your little tusky wusky get damaged?" Spider Mare teased in a condesecending tone, as she shot out a stream of webbing that ensnared The Rhino's back legs. She proceeded to yank hard, causing the rhino to stumble to the floor.

"I hate you so much." The Rhino muttered under his breath, as his face made contact with the hard ground, knocking him out cold.

Spider Mare quickly shot out a few more streams of webbing, to tie The Rhino up all nice and tight. "That should keep you tied up until the cops get here," Spider Mare said to him, before she bent down to retrieve the case holding the meteorite fragment. Fortunately, it had not been damaged. "Alrighty, now to return this to Twilight and...." Just then Spider Mare noticed something on her suit, it appeared to be some kind of blackish-blue slime "What the.. how did?!" Then with a sigh she said unhappily. "And it figures, I just had this suit dry cleaned," But Spider Mare knew she didn't have much time to worry about her suit's condition. "I'll worry about that later," she said to herself, and turned her attention to the meteorite fragment. "Now, let's get you back to your rightful owner, before somepony else comes along and tries to steal you."


"Thanks for the help, Pinkie," Twilight said with a smile, as she carefully grabbed the case with her magic and removed it from Pinkie's hooves. "I'll have to make sure to beef up security around the castle from now."

"So, how's Starlight?" Pinkie Pie asked. "Any word on her condition?"

Twilight took a deep breath before she reluctantly told Pinkie Pie. "It's not looking good I'm afraid. Starlight's still in critical condition, doctors say there's a 50/50 chance she may have to lose her right front hoof."

"Why?" Pinkie Pie nervously asked.

"Whatever sort of spell Starlight was using damaged the hoof really badly, and the source of the trouble is originating from there," Twilight explained. "Right now though, there's not much we can do but hope for the best."

"Well, thanks for the heads up," Pinkie Pie said somewhat glumly. "If anypony needs me, I'll be at home trying to get some much needed sleep."

Author's Note:

The reason for Starlight's injury here is that I have plans to make her become The Lizard in this "Spider Mare" series. The Lizard in "Spider Man" is usually Dr. Curt Conners, a scientist who lost his arm and attempted to regrow it by studying lizards and enjecting himself with a formula that was supposed to give him the ability to grow his arm back just like how lizards grow their tail back. Only for the experiment to turn him into a full fledged lizard/human hybrid.