• Published 25th Nov 2011
  • 4,572 Views, 249 Comments

Stalker - Call Of Pony - SureFreeD

  • ...
33
 249
 4,572

New Host

Nikolai groaned, his eyes were sore and his throat was burning, his body was numb and he couldn't feel a thing.
He opened his eyes, only to realized that he was lying on the metal floor, with a dozen of vodka bottles near him.

He sat up and looked around, no one was there, only Beard was standing behind the barstand.
"Ah, my friend Nikolai, you're awake, good"
Beard crouched and fiddled with something under the barstand.
"W-where is everyone?" Nikolai asked, still unable to collect himself. He had never drank so much, or partied before.
"Ah, same as everyday, they go out and hunt, kill, discover."

He stood up, his feet were aching and it felt like his muscles were locked. He streched out his arms wide and scratched his neck.
"You should get out, is beautiful day!" Beard raised from the stand and picked up a brand new AK-47u, the wood stock and the metalic body were in perfect condition.
"Never fired, brand new, here you go, for rookies." Beard tossed the rifle at Nikolai, which he quickly grabbed and examined the weapon.
"Is good, very good." Nikolai smiled and slid off the magazine, it was fully loaded.
"Almost forgot." Beard once again crouched and stood up, in his hands there was a green box with a label on it.

'5.556'

"Here, ammo." Beard handed the ammo box to Nikolai. He opened it and it was full of rifle bullets and two spare magazines.
"Is free?" Nikolai aksed which seemed like a stupid question on his current state.
"Da, new guest get present, this is yours." Beard nodded.

Nikolai thanked him and made his way upstairs into the room full of beds to get his backpack and mask. He zipped up his jacked and slid the hoodie over his head, strapping the mask to his mouth and placing the rucksack on his back, he checked his father's pistol and slid it in his trousers' pocket. He stuffed the ammo box in the backpack and grabbed the rifle in his hands.

He walked past Beard which waved him goodbye, he opened the door, the first thing he heard and saw, was a stalker and a bandit fighting with their bare hands.

"Come on you suka!" the bandit mocked.

"Oh, I'm going to kill you!" the stalker shouted as he launched his fist into the bandit's face, punching his jaw, the bandit took a step back and smiled manicly.

"Is that all bitch?"

Nikolai simply stared at the idiot's brawl, expecting that one of them would do something stupid.

"I don't have time for dis shit!" the stalker yelled, pulling out an old, rusty MP-5 from his back. The stalker emptied the entire clip into the bandit's body as he fell to the ground, a pool of blood surrounding it.

"Motherfucker should've known." someone spoke behind Nikolai, the accent was definetly american, or somewhere near it. Nikolai turned around only to see a gas mask eyeing him.

"The fuck you lookin' at, commie?" he snapped at Nikolai for no reason, but he stepped aside and the masked man walked outside.


___


Nikolai came into a big clearing, it was all quiet and calm. Then he saw something strange, the air was warping around itself. The scenario was weird and, Nikolai thought it was an artifact anomaly, so he walked closer, that was his mistake.

As he walked, it felt like it was dragging him in, he stopped dead in his tracks, but he was still moving. His eyes widened and his heart stopped.

He was being pulled in.

A large force struck his body, making him stagger and lose control over himself, the last thing he felt was the rifle in his hands, then he blacked out.

__

"What the...?!" a muffled voice came from somewhere.
"What happened?!" another voice came from somewhere, Nikolai was uncouncious, he didn't feel a thing, his subcouncious knew there was someone near him.

"Quickly, get...-" a voice called out, it sounded feminine, since when do females arrive in the Zone?

"What's tha-...face?" the voices became more muffled and muted. It was until there was quietness.
A bliss of silence scattered across the area Nikolai was in.

"It's bleeding!" the female voice called out, destroying the silence in Nikolai's mind.

His body restarted, the blood circulating through the veins, his heart and brain pumping, his lungs fueling up with air.
As his chest rose and deflated, the beings around him gasped in surprise.

"Oh my, it breathes!"

"Well, DUH, it's a living creature Ra-ty"

"Ra-ow Dash, be polite to the creature, it's wounded!"

"Gir-s, that's enough!" the female voice yelled at the ones that were arguing.

Nikolai groaned, his finger twiched on the rifle's trigger, he was still holding it. But in an awkward position, his arms were spread around, only one hand holding the rifle, his legs were streched, the hoodie and mask still covered his face, it was like lying on bed, but he wasn't.

Nikolai twiched his left eye, slightly opening it, he saw a blue blur hanging above him, as his vision cleared and his mind centered, he saw a sky.

A clear blue sky, with clouds?

No, this was different from the Zone, in that place the sky was gray and dull, but here, it was colourful and somewhat happy.

"He's awake!" one of them whispered loud enough for Nikolai to hear. His arm moved, bringing the rifle to his chest, he moved it in front of his eyes, it was in a perfect condition. Thank the Zone for that.

"Umm..."

"Huh?"

"What?"

"You can talk?"

"Yes?"

"Cool"

With who did he just talk to? Nikolai fully opened his eyes and sat up, receiving a gasp from everyone around him.
Then he saw the silliest thing in the whole goddamn world.

Ponies.

A white one with a beautifully curled, violet mane. On the top of it's head was a, horn? It's blue eyes gazed upon his clothing, which was unusual for a pony to be interested in fashion.

He moved on examining the ponies.

A blue one with a rainbow styled mane, it had wings, a pegasus pony, he couldn't believe it, the crature was a myth and now that myth was standing in front of him. The pony's pink eyes were staring right into his own ones.

A lavender one, with a horn, her styled purple mane with strips of red and a deeper volume of purple. It's purple eyes were staring directly into Nikolai's rifle.

'What is this imaginery crap?' that was his first thought.

He rubbed his eyes to see if he's not hallucinating, it was real, Nikolai looked at his surroundings, a flat green field, perfect for a sniper shot.

Now, surrounded by three talking ponies who helped him survive that anomaly. He tightly squeezed the rifle's handle, his breathing became more frequent and deep. The ponies noticed that.

"Are you alright darling, that fall must've hurt 'terribly'!" the white pony spoke. Only receiving a concerned glare from Nikolai's blue eyes. Which in fact were much smaller than theirs.

He then grabbed the rifle with both hands.
"What in the hay is that, metal thingy, thing?" the blue-cyan pegasus asked, pointing towards his rifle. He squeezed it tighter.
His glare changing back and forth, glancing amongst the 'talking ponies. It was minutes of silence.

"So umm, care to tell us who you are, or what you are?" the pegasus asked, eyeing Nikolai. It was unsettling, communicating to other species in the same languege.
"I-..." he couldn't spit out the words. Suddenly the purple unicorn took a few steps towards the stalker.

"My name is Twilight Sparkle, what's your name?" she said with a smile.
"N-Nikolai..." his words trailed off as he pronaunced his name. Twilight extended a friendly hoof, Nikolai looked at it, the shade was the same as her fur, it looked different from the ponies he had seen. He took it.
It was softer, not hard like a real hoof, only like a hardened marshmallow. He shook it gently.

"Ahh..." Twilight moaned gently.

Twilight broke the grip and took a step back, gesturing towards the white unicorn.
"This is Rarity, owner of the Carousel Boutique." then she turned to he cyan pegasus. "And this is Rainbiw Dash, Equestria's best flier!" with the last sentance Rainbiw Dash flapped her wings open, bringing a hoof to her chest.

Nikolai thought that the cyan one was kind of cute.

"So, how did you get here, looks like you are from some kind of civilization, care to tell?" Twilight was enthusiastic to learn everything about Nikolai. He looked over Rainbow Dash, which she smiled.
"Where do I start off?" he stood up, he was taller than the ponies, no more than a foot high.
"Wow, you're tall!" Rainbow Dash exclaimed.

He snuck the rifle in his backpack and crouched, eye leveling the ponies. The three ponies had smiles on their faces, Nikolai began to speak.

"Well-..." he was interrupted by a ruffling noise, it was coming from his backpack, Rainbow Dash wasn't in her place.
"Hey, what is this, C-cossocks, vodka?" Rainbow said as taking the bottle of vodka from the backpack, she opened it with her hoof and sipped from it, ending up coughing. "Ugh, what is this stuff agh, oh my gosh, it burns!?" she began scratching her tongue.
"Silly little pony, vodka is bad bad for you!"
Rainbow Dash calmed down and stopped scratching her tongue. She smiled.