• Published 8th Jul 2012
  • 2,090 Views, 275 Comments

The Invisible Brony Defense Force - SoullessDCLXVI



At BroNYCon 2013, an ancient power transforms, then sends a lot of MLP fans to Equestria.

  • ...
22
 275
 2,090

Reconciliation

Deep in the caves of the Foal Mountains, a young adult dragon was crying in pain and fear. Blood like angry paint on his face. Tears streaming from his eyes and cutting the red art in straight lines as he ran from his attacker. Hobbling on his now good leg he felt hope rise in his chest when the light of the outside world finally came into view. However, before he could stretch his thankfully still good wings and finally escape this new hell he heard a thunderous roar behind him. If he had anything left in his bladder he would have spilled it right then as the roar became a terrifying thunderous voice. "You will not escape me, dragon!". Whimpering, the dragon pumped his leg faster, even risking the pain of his badly injured leg. But it was to no avail, a grey blur burst from the shadows of the cave walls, barrelling into the dragon. The dragon let out a cry that he himself could not hear over the roar of the beast that had him in his claws.

With a glint in his eyes the beast spoke once more. "You have one more chance dragon, promise to go home. Leave this place. Tell your kin that Ponyville is protected. And that threats such as you made will be responded to in kind. I have no qualms about killing those that would do harm to ponies. Do I make myself clear?"

"Y-yes L-lord Shirotora s-sir!" The trembling dragon that had only hours ago claimed that he would lead an attack on Ponyville that would leave all of Equestria defenceless from invasion mwa ha ha, wiped his face and flew in the opposite direction of Ponyville with his tail literally between his legs. Stopping to talk to other dragons that had been watching on the cloud bank some ways off. It amused the white tiger when those dragons flew away faster even than his quarry had. Though he supposed that was due to his injuries.

Leaning back on the nearest cave wall he allowed himself a sigh and closed his eyes. It had been a long day and he had finally, after all this time, managed the chaos magic he just knew he had. And was able to use it to do his job for once. Months of surviving on the unforgiving mountains for no real purpose had made him irritable. So he was in a good mood now that he knew that his presence wasn't for naught. And even if he never fought again and died on this mountain. He would have served a purpose. His spirits were so high, even, that the sound of a hologram being activated, a sound he had been dreading, wasn't able to wipe the smile off his muzzle. Standing up, he walked on his hind legs to the corner of the cave where a stormtrooper's holo-communication device waited. A tiny, blue, transparent pegasus pony hovered just above the device wearing a mask of grim determination.

"Sir, the Solars are launching an attack on Ponyville. It appears Twilight found her way home."

Shirotora glared at the hologram. "And how did the Solars learn that, Lightning?"

"I told them, sir. You know he has that anti lying charm active. And if I waited to tell him it would have activated the same alarms and I'd be dead. You'd have no line of communication into this side of the Circles, sir."

Shirotora sighed again. He couldn't fault Lightning, as much as he wanted to. He had a job to do as much as he did. And right now, as always, the job description was simple. Protect Ponyville and it's citizens. And it would seem that for the first time, that would require physical contact with those citizens. He'd be lying if he said he wasn't a little excited. But he was scared too. For a battle was guaranteed, and his life was not. And should he fail, far more than bronies were at risk.

-||-||-||-||-

We stared at Celestia and Luna while they nuzzled each other. Well, most of us were staring. Arrow was glaring rather obviously, but he made no moves toward Celestia. No doubt he wanted revenge for Snake's death.

"Um... I'm really sorry-" Arrow, likely not wanting to hear it, huffed and walked off. Leaving the rest of us to deal with Celestia. Celestia appeared hurt, though she did not attempt to halt him or apologize further. Slowly, and unsteadily, she made her way onto legs that had been in disuse for a week. When she finally managed to stand she took a look at her surroundings. Many of the Canterlot nobles were walking around the park along with Ponyville natives. Finally her eyes rested on us. And a single tear fell down her cheek.

"Oh, my dears, I really am sorry. I- I-" she lowered her head in shame, but no one offered her forgiveness. But I felt that something had to be done, and while Snake's death had been an indirect result of Celestia's Nightmare, it would be a while before I could truly forgive her. But I could at least tell her I wasn't averse to the notion of one day forgiving her. Carefully, I walked up to the quietly crying princess, and rested an arm around her back, just below her neck. This appeared to shock the princess and she stared at me without any attempt to hide her shock.

"Why--?"

"No, if you're wondering, I don't forgive you. Not yet at least. Though I think in time I may, you weren't entirely in your right mind after all. But... Snake was a good friend of mine so-"

"You don't know, do you? Young human?"

"Know what?"

"I don't... I don't deserve your forgiveness. And, I'm sorry, but you must know of my crimes. And I'm afraid I'm too much of a coward to speak of them. This... will be unpleasant. Prepare."

"Prepare for what?" but Celestia elected not to tell me, and instead rammed her horn directly into my forehead. My eyes opened wide and I screamed in panic.

"Shhh, relax. You are in no real danger." It took considerable effort, but I did mange to relax, and to my surprise I felt no pain. Shakily I reached up to my forehead where her horn met me. I took my hand away and examined it to find no blood.

"This is a spell I designed millennia ago to read minds of accused criminals, unfortunately it works both ways so I had to stop using it. But now I intend for you to see my memories, so just relax and allow me my sense of justice." I did as I was told and a flood of images and sound invaded my mindscape. I struggled against it at first but then what I assume to be her freshest memories bubbled to the surface. And I was horrified. The Canterlot aftermath, several American military members combing through the wreckage of the once great city. Reduced to smears of gore and screams. The feeling of cathartic release as she rips a human in half. I look on in horror as two military bronies are crushed beneath her hooves.

Bronies? What are-- oh no....... Celestia asks in my mind, and in response I flood hers with fond memories of discovering My Little Pony and the fanbase. All the memes that made me laugh and cringe. The countless fanfics. The feeling of peace and happiness the community gave me. My favorite pony list. Going to BroNYCon for the first time and how excited I was. And I get images from her in return as she sorts out words said to her by Overture On our world, we came to know of yours. We followed the adventures of your student, Twilight Sparkle, and those of her five friends....Celestia seems to reel from the information casting a new light on the next scene as she moves to the Circles in the Everfree and tortures more bronies. Celestia pulls her horn from my head and together we empty our stomachs. Well, I do. Celestia merely dry heaves.

"What happened?" Syntax asks, clearly concerned. Before I answer I feel my forehead, hoping that I don't find a massive hole. I breathe a sigh of relief when I don't.

"Celestia killed.... a lot more than just Snake." I breathe and with that statement all those present gave Celestia hardened looks. Though the humans were surprisingly softer than the ponies. Celestia is once again lying down, sobbing quite a bit as Luna holds her closely. Despite everything she's done, I don't want to hate her. I don't want to dislike her. And I don't. I... like her. And it makes me feel guilty. Aren't I supposed to hate murderers? No matter what the reasoning? But... I can't bring myself to feel anything stronger than pity. Cursing under my breath I give Celestia another hug. When the others see me the ponies gasp in shock, while the rest of the BDF, sans Pascal, make their way to the Sun princess to be a part of the group hug.

"I... forgive you Celestia. I, probably more than most, feel your grief and regret. And I know this will haunt you for ages, so I want you to know that I forgive you." She doesn't stop crying. If anything it only seems to worsen the tears. So I just hug her silently and let her. The others each murmur reassurance to Celestia, though probably half seem somewhat conflicted.

-||-||-||-||-

An hour later and we had managed to get Celestia into a more jovial mood. It took a lot of comfort and love. The Mane 6 finally managed to join in once they saw our forgiveness as mostly genuine. Though they still seemed sceptical of it, and wary of Celestia. Murder was a much heavier crime here. Much heavier. It was difficult for hem to wrap their minds around our being so forgiving. They were at once appalled by our "indifference" to those killed, and greatly impressed by our willingness to forgive. Of course we weren't indifferent, we just pushed it to the back of our minds.

"Luna?"

"Yes sister?"

"If you go Nightmare due to jealousy of me ever again, so help me I will beat the ever loving shit out of you."

"What?! Where did this come from, sis?"

"Do you know how popular you are to the humans, Luna?"

"No?"

"Let me put it this way. On this, internet thing of theirs, there's a "Tumbler" dedicated to me. At least, sort of."

"What's a "Tumbler"?"

"It's a like journal that anyone on the planet can see any time they want. Anyway, someone made a comic about me. And do you know how they portayed me?"

"No. I do not."

"AS A RAPIST! They even called me "Molestia"!"

"I'm so sorry sis-"

"Don't be. It was well done and funny. NOT THE POINT! Do you know what happened next?"

"Must I respond?"

"Of course not. Anyway, they introduced a minor character into their little comic. My sister. And do you what she did in the comic?"

"....."

"She played games with her crush! That was it! And guess what? "Gamer Luna" became such a hit that they added her name to my comic and she got tons more attention. Their audience is a bunch of sex crazed males and the rapist me got less attention than gamer you. On MY OWN COMIC!" Celestia bursts out laughing. Clearly enjoying herself. I get a momentary flash of Celestia worrying herself to sleep that Luna wasn't getting enough love in her life. This news probably made Celestia extremely happy.

"Really? That's odd."

"That's not all. I appear in an episode of the show. No one says anything. You appear, and everyone's screaming your name until five minutes after you're gone.

"They made a roleplay based on a civil war between us. And I have practically no members, art, or music while you have SO MUCH. They all love you so much. Luna, I am so happy for you." and Celestia nuzzles her sister who appears frozen and wide eyed. She blinks and her eyes rest on me.

"Is this true?"

"Um... kinda. Well, actually it's slightly exaggerated. And I've seen you in plenty of fanfics, Celestia."

"Not as many as my sister."

"Did you really get all that from my mind, Princess?"

"Uh, yeah. Actually. I have ALL your memories. 25 years is nothing for my mind to handle, and you have my memories aswell, though you will find them harder to access and if you try too hard it will give you a very bad migraine." Well, that explained the memory flash.

"Hey, this sounds interesting and all. But well, a doozy's about to happen. And it doesn't feel like a good one. So, humans. I need you to come over here please." Pinkie pipes up sweetly

"What?" I say

"Why?" Technia asks

"What's going on?" Syntax asks.

"It's nothing much, but well, we need a lot of defenses. And let's face it. You guys are weak."

"Hey"

"No I'm not."

"I'll have you know I have guns."

"Guys, honestly. You're weak. All the bronies are. Something went wrong with the spell that sent you here and your full potentials remain locked. All I need to do is correct on part of the spell and..... done!"

A flash of light spills from all those present, and I feel like I had been sleeping for two months and I finally managed to get up and pour myself a cup of coffe. I feel.... alive.

"Allright. I understand some things about your world. Like levelling up in video games. So I'm gonna use that formula to let you all know what just happened.

"Technia. Simple builds are now as easy to make as complicated ones and your unicorn magic is at the same level as most other unicorns.

"Syntax. You now have unlimited clip and your aim is 99% accurate. As well as a 1st degree black belt in Tae Kwon Do."

"Aww man, Tae Kwon Do sucks."

"Too bad. Pascal, you can now actually use your chi-blocking abilities. While there are no benders you will be able to render an enemy limp with a few well placed punches. Oh, and your phone has an infinite charge."

"Nice."

"Soulless, your flying skills have improved by 50% and your abilities with swords now rival Deadpools." My jaw drops "Well, I couldn't actually read the comics. So I have no idea if Ryan Reynolds portrayal in Wolverine Origins was accurate. But that's what I meant."

"Just.... how much time did you spend on the internet, Pinkie?" Technia asks worriedly.

"Only about a week a night" Pinkie responds innocently, either not noticing, or completely ignoring, the glare that Twilight was sending her way.

"A week a ... what?"

"Time manipulation magic. You can get a LOT done in suspended time." She says in a chipper tone, still smiling. We all scratch our heads as we try and understand just how much internet the hyper mare has consumed, only to come out confused and impressed. As I was about to ask about her age I was saved from making that mistake when Arrow finally made his way back. Once he was close to us he briefly flashed white.

"What was that?"

"Oh. You leveled up, Arrow! Now all your arrows are 100% accurate and do three times as much damage. Not to mention each arrow can include whatever device you want. Like explosives or a net. Just like Green Arrow!"

"Huh? Really? That's cool."

"Oh, and all your weed is 200 times stronger and lasts twice as long!" At this Arrow visibly brightens

"Awesome!"

Author's Note:

Well, shit was supposed to go down in this chapter but Celestia's reintegration took precedence.
The Shirotora OC was used with passing permission by the man himself, I hope I did him justice.
And if you haven't read his fic Into the Black: A Mare's Tale yet, you damn well should. It's freaking awesome.