• Published 27th May 2012
  • 12,793 Views, 2,025 Comments

My Little Pony: Morphing is Magic - Tricondon



The Mane 6 team up with another Main 6 to fight a new threat.

  • ...
37
 2,025
 12,793

Chapter 6

Author's Note: Written by Samaru163 and Tricondon.

Chapter 6

Fluttershy


Um, my name is Fluttershy. I’m a Pegasus from Ponyville, but I’m not a very strong flier. I am in charge of looking after all the woodland animals. I know it seems like a strange job for a Pegasus to have, but it’s what I love.

About an hour ago this weird thing came flying down from the sky and crashed into one of the nearby mountains, and my friend, Twilight Sparkle, a Unicorn from Canterlot, rounded up me and our other friends to go investigate. What we discovered was some sort of metal bug filled with exotic animals and an odd blue pony.

Oh, I don’t mean he’s bad or anything like that. I just mean I’ve never seen a pony quite like him before. He’s totally new. His body looks like a cross between a pony and a skinny Minotaur with no mouth, two extra eyes and a scythed tail. Although he seemed friendly, and really smart. He seems to like animals, too, since he was travelling with five creatures who all obeyed him really well. Even I have trouble with bears sometimes.

Rainbow still didn’t seem to like him though. She was always shooting him odd looks as we headed back to town. I hope she wasn’t going to be like this to him forever. That would be really bad

I could see the edge of Ponyville up ahead, when Aximili, the blue pony, stopped.

<Is that your town, Twilight?> He asked. Aximili talked by using something he called thought-speech, where he communicates his words directly into your mind. I was a little afraid of it, to be honest. I’m not used to hearing voices in my head. Although on the other hoof, it is interesting that he evolved the ability to speak without a mouth.

“Yep, this is Ponyville,” Twilight said proudly. “Now I’m not sure it’s the best idea for you all to just waltz on in...”

<That would not be wise,> Ax interrupted Twilight. He turned to the tiger travelling with him, and the two seemed to be having a silent conversation. Did his animals have thought speak as well?

It was a few minutes before Ax turned back to Twilight.

<Is there somewhere nearby where my pets and I may stay without being interrupted or found?> The bear seemed to give an odd expression at his choice of words. I looked at Twilight, who was giving Ax an equally strange look.

“Is there some reason you don’t want to be found?” She asked carefully, and I thought I saw her glare at Ax, but she was smiling the rest of the time.

<It would cause mass hysteria if we were to accompany you into your town.>

“Well ponies do tend to overreact a lot, but once they get to know you everything will be extra ok!” Pinkie said happily. Ax’s eyestalks seemed to curve into a confused expression. I guess that’s how he shows what he’s feeling.

<No, I think it would be best if we did not enter town for a while,> Ax said slowly, and I thought he had a bit of a nervous edge to his ‘voice.’

“Aw, is somepony shy?” Pinkie asked leaning in close to Ax. “You know what the best cure for shyness is? A PARTY!” As she yelled, a bunch of streamers and confetti burst out of Pinkie’s mane. Ax eyed her with what looked like disbelief. Even the animals, particularly the gorilla, were taken back by this.

<N-No. I do not think that is the best course to take,> Ax finally managed to say. <All we require is someplace inconspicuous and removed from residential areas.>

Twilight stepped towards Ax, glaring at him with suspicion. “Really, it would just take a moment to clear everything up with the ponies. Then you could come and go as you please.”

Ax swerved one of his eyestalks over to the tiger again. Now I was beginning to grow confident in my suspicions that his pets could thought-speak as well. Twilight must have thought the same thing, since she stepped over to the tiger and yelled in his face.

“Why don’t you want to be found?!”

The tiger was momentarily taken aback by this, but seemed to recover quickly. He looked at Twilight for a moment and seemed to be pondering something in those intelligent eyes. The others all waited around and watched attentively.

<Why do you not trust us?> A new ‘voice’ said. It had an underlying tone of authority.

“So now you want to talk?” Twilight asked, a definite edge to her voice. She was angry, but trying, unsuccessfully, to hide it.

<We had to make sure you were trustworthy individuals,> Ax said. <I am sorry, but I was only following Prince Jake’s orders,> he explained, motioning to the tiger.

All of the girls, including me, let out surprised gasps.

“You...you’re a Prince?” Rarity asked, her voice quavering.

<Ax, I already told you, don’t call me Prince,> the tiger said.

<Yes Prince Jake.>

Twilight stepped back from the tiger, and bowed.

“I...I’m sorry, your Majesty. I had no idea.” I looked around as the others bowed as well, and realized I was the only one who wasn’t. With a tiny squeak, I quickly bowed too.

<I think you have the meanings confused. To the Andalites, Prince is->

<Ax, shut up and let this play out,> a third voice said. I didn’t know who was talking, since I was still looking at the ground.

Finally we all rose from the ground and looked back at the tiger, who seemed to have an embarrassed look on his face.

Pinkie was shaking in place, though knowing her, it was most likely from excitement.

“OMIGOSH, you’re a Space Pony Prince! Are any of the others Princes and Princesses too?! We need to have a really big, super special party for this!”

<Thanks, but like we said, we’d prefer to avoid going into your town,> the tiger said.

“Yeah, and why’s that?” Rainbow asked. “The way you’re all acting I’m starting to think you’re fugitives on the run.” She landed and pressed her face against the tiger’s. “What’re you hiding?”

“Um, Rainbow. Is that really the best idea?” I asked. I didn’t want us to start fighting again, not after we were just making progress with them.

“So are you going to spill or not?” Rainbow said, oblivious to me. The tiger just stared her down, showing not even the slightest hint of intimidation.

“Rainbow Dash! Stop that!” Twilight yelled. I looked at her; I’d never seen Twilight so upset before. She looked like she was about to burst into flames. “I’m sure they have a very good reason, and I know we’d love to hear it. But tearing at each other’s throats isn’t going to get us anywhere.”

Rainbow retreated from the tiger and placed her hoof behind her head.

“You’re right. I’m sorry, Twi,” she said reluctantly.

“Aww, does that mean there won’t be any party?” Pinkie asked sadly.

“Don’t worry, Ah’m sure we can throw ‘em one later,” Applejack said reassuringly. This seemed to cheer up Pinkie, who smiled broadly and bounced around.

<Getting back to the matter at hand, do you have an area we could remain hidden?> The tiger asked again.

“Well, there is the Everfree Forest on the other side of town,” Rarity said. “Nopony in their right mind would go in there, what with all the dreadful creatures that inhabit it.”

<Sounds perfect.> Another new voice, female this time. The bear stepped forward, slapping its front paws together.

<Uh, hey. There’s no way we can get there without being spotted. I can see plenty of, er, ponies all through town.> The tiger, Prince Jake, I think he was called, looked up. I followed his gaze to the bird flying above us in a large lazy circle.

<Do you mind if we step aside for a moment?> He asked calmly. The others nodded in approval, but I could see Rainbow trying to hold back looks of suspicion. Twilight didn’t seem all that trusting of them either, but I couldn’t really figure out what was going through her mind. Her face was curiously blank of any expression.

The five of them headed towards several large boulders and disappeared behind them. Rainbow waited until she was sure they were out of earshot before speaking to us.

“Now what are they hiding? I don’t know about you, but I don’t trust them at all.”

“Yes, it’s true they are being rather secretive with us, but you did attack them when we first met,” Rarity said. “I think you’re the reason they’re not being so open with us.”

“I git the feeling they’re not telling us the whole story,” Applejack commented. “Ah just know they’re hiding something big.”

“Of course they’re hiding something big!” Pinkie said rather loudly. “They’re weird ponies from space! They’ve come to stop me from throwing any more parties!”

“They didn’t even know you existed before today!” Rainbow retorted. I turned away from them as they continued to argue, and walked over to Twilight. She was staring at the ground, lost in her thoughts.

“You’re being awfully quiet, Twilight,” I said gently. Twilight jumped at the sound of my voice. “Oh my, was I too loud? I’m sorry...”

“It’s alright, Fluttershy. I was just thinking about S...something else.”

I moved a little closer to her and put a hoof on her shoulder. She turned her head towards me and I flashed her a friendly smile. Twilight smiled back, but I thought she was forcing herself to smile for my sake.

<I believe we are ready to make our way to our hide-away.> The sound of Ax’s voice made me give a tiny yell of fright. I turned around to see five birds fly out from behind the rock.

“How d-did you d-do that?” I asked. Rainbow took to the air, giving a yell.

“I knew it! They’re Changelings, all of them!”

<What’s a Changeling?> one of the voices asked. Before any answer could be given Rainbow shot towards them with her hooves outstretched. Before she could collide with them however, her wings were engulfed with purple magic.

“Rainbow, calm down,” Twilight said. “I’m pretty sure Changelings can’t become birds.” She looked over at them suspiciously. “Although this does bring up some questions.”

<Yes, I’m sure it does,> a peregrine falcon spoke with Prince Jake's voice. <None of which we’ll be telling you about right now.> He was silent before adding <It’s safer for you that way.>

“Safer for us or you?” Rainbow demanded.

<Both.>

There was a long and eerie pause before any of us spoke again.

<So which way to this Everfree Forest again?>

“Oh, um, I’ll show you. It’s just past my house,” I said softly.

“Ah’m comin’ too. Mah farm’s along the way.” I got the feeling that Applejack didn’t trust Ax or his friends that much. I didn’t blame her at all, but we weren’t being the most welcoming ponies in Equestria at the moment.

We finally descended the mountain and returned to Ponyville. Several ponies waved to us as we walked by. I smiled and waved back, but Applejack didn’t appear to notice anypony else. Ax and the others were flying high above us while still staying within seeing distance.

It didn’t take us long to get through town and reach my cottage. I looked up and saw a northern harrier begin to descend towards me

<This is your domicile?> It was Ax. I guessed he was the royal speaker for Prince Jake or something like that.

“Yes, I know it's not much but it’s home.”

< I meant no ill respect. In fact I think it is quite fascinating, you have constructed your house perfectly into the tree while somehow keeping it alive,> Ax said, quite impressed. <It is unlike any I have come across in recent times.>

“Oh, well thank you,” I said as politely as possible.

<We will be in the Everfree Forest. One of us will stop by your home twice a day, to keep you updated on our status. And Fluttershy, no one must know of our presence.> And with that, Ax flew off into the sky. I peered closely, but could only make out dim silhouettes of the others.

“I don’t like it, sugarcube,” Applejack said after the birds had vanished from sight. “They’re hiding somethin’ big, and Ah intend to find out. Even if he is a Prince, Princess Celestia deserves to know.”

“I know what you mean, but how are we going to contact her?” I asked. “Twilight said Spike wasn’t feeling too well. The poor dear.”

Applejack pondered for a moment.

“Well, we could always try the normal mail. Or maybe Rainbow Dash could git a message over to her. She can fly pretty fast, y’know?”

“Yes she can, but do you think she can make it all the way to Canterlot and back in one trip? She’d be exhausted.”

“Ah know, but Ah think it’s worth the risk. Ah don’t trust those shape-shifting folks.”

I let out a small sigh.

“Alright then, do you think we should tell the others?”

“Of course. Ah do trust Twilight and all of them,” Applejack said. “Ah think we should have a talk with the others in the morning. Without our new friends.” I whimpered softly. Applejack isn’t usually one to dislike other ponies so easily, so seeing her like this was kind of scary for me.

“I guess so. Well, it’s getting late,” I said, looking up at the sun as it fell beyond the horizon. “I guess I’ll see you tomorrow Applejack.”

“Yep, g’night 'Shy,” she said before turning around and making the journey to Sweet Apple Acres.