• Published 27th May 2012
  • 12,783 Views, 2,025 Comments

My Little Pony: Morphing is Magic - Tricondon



The Mane 6 team up with another Main 6 to fight a new threat.

  • ...
37
 2,025
 12,783

Chapter 1

Author's Note: Written by Samaru163 and Tricondon.

Chapter 1


Jake

My name is Jake. That’s my first name, obviously. I wish I could tell you my last name, or where I live, or the name of my school, but I can’t. It’s too dangerous. See, you may not know this, but Earth is not only inhabited by Humans any more. For a while now a secret alien invasion has been happening. They call themselves Yeerks: tiny little slugs who squeeze into your ear so they can take over a person’s body and mind. When they do this, you’re reduced to nothing but a bystander, a prisoner inside your own mind. You watch as the Yeerk goes to your school, lies to your family, speaks through your mouth and infests your friends. All while you can do nothing but scream and wail in the dark confines of your own mind. They’ve already taken countless worlds beyond our own, including the Taxxons and the Hork Bajir. And now they want us.

You might be wondering why we know about the invasion if it’s supposed to be secret. Well, some time ago, myself and some of my friends were walking home and we happened upon a dying alien. His name was Elfangor, an Andalite, a bizarre cross between a human, scorpion and a blue deer. He told us, that is me and my four friends, of the invasion. I bet you’re thinking, ‘So all we have is a bunch of teenagers against an army of advanced aliens? We’re so dead.'

Well, you’d be right, except for one thing. Elfangor, the alien, gave us one last gift to aid us in our fight: the power to morph into any animal we wish, once we’ve acquired its DNA. With this gift we’ve been able to strike major blows against the Yeerks. Not enough to drive them back, but enough to slow them down. Enough to give Earth a fighting chance.

Which is why you might find it odd that we’d leave Earth unprotected for a time as we fought a new threat. On an entirely new world in every meaning of the word.


“I still don’t understand why Erek called a meeting so suddenly. It’s not like him at all,” Marco complained as he rested against one of the barn’s old timbers. Marco’s been my best friend for as long as I can recall. Complaining is his favourite pastime, with making horrible jokes being a close second.

“If he wanted us to come so unannounced then it must be important,” Cassie said. Her parents owned the barn we were meeting in, since they use it as an Environmental Clinic. You know, they’d find injured foxes or deer or whatever and bring them back here to nurse them back to health. As such, Cassie’s grown up around animals and pretty much loves them. Having wild animals easily accessible has made it easy to acquire new morphs from time to time.

“I just wish he’d show up already. We got this call about forty minutes ago,” Rachel said. She’s my cousin, and at first may seem like your typical girly girl. She loves shopping, gymnastics and talking about guys, but pray to God that you never get her mad. Marco doesn’t call her Xena for nothing.

“Actually, you got the call thirty-seven of your minutes ago. Seven. Even. Minutes. Utes. Uuhhhtes.” Ax continued playing with sounds he found enjoyable. I should explain; Ax is another Andalite. We found him some time ago and rescued him. Andalites have no mouths and communicate via thought-speak, so whenever Ax is in his human morph, like he currently was, he gets distracted by various sounds he makes while speaking. And especially by taste.

“Ax, they are everyone’s minutes. They are my minutes, they are Cassie’s minutes, they are your minutes!” Marco cried.

“We now got the call thirty-eight of your minutes ago.” Marco collapsed into a nearby hay bale.

<Guys, someone’s coming up the path. They’ll be here in about three minutes,> Tobias said. He is what the Andalites call a nothlit, a being who is permanently trapped in morph. I probably should have mentioned that earlier. See, morphing has a time limit. Two hours in any morph, then you’re stuck. Forever. You can’t even try to re-quire a new morph. Luckily for Tobias however, he was able to regain his morphing powers. But his default form is still a red tailed hawk. From his perch up in the rafters, he could easily see the winding path leading to the barn, and was acting as lookout.

“Can you tell who it is?” I asked.

<No. If there was a bit more light, then yes, but I don’t see too well after sunset.>

I turned towards Cassie. “Are your parents due home anytime soon?”

She shook her head. “No, my mom got called in for some emergency, and dad’s out of town for a few days.”

<Well whoever they are, they’re about to come in.>

We all turned to watch the door, somewhat apprehensively. Slowly the doors opened and a kind, brown eyed boy stepped in. I relaxed, not even realizing I had been holding my breath. “Hey Erek, how are things?”

“Oh you know, same old same old,” he said shrugging his shoulders. While he may look like a normal kid, it’s really an advanced hologram. Underneath it is an ivory coloured dog like android. Erek is part of a race known as the Chee, who were built by a pacifist race known as the Pemalites. As such the Chee are unable to commit the simplest act of violence. But I’ve seen what they could do. See a while back we found a Pemalite crystal that allowed Erek to rewrite his programming, and he destroyed a whole battalion of Yeerks in around ten seconds. And I don’t mean he just beat them bad, no, they were gone. After that he decided never to go down that path again. Even so, the Chee are invaluable to us as spies.

“So what’s the word? Have the Yeerks decided to call it quits yet?” Marco asked hopefully.

A sad smile formed on Erek’s face. “I wish that too, Marco. Unfortunately, we may have a bigger problem to deal with. I overheard a touching conversation between Visser Three and another one. Visser Seven I think. They were speaking of a new planet, one that could win them the war.”

Everyone in the room perked up at that. Even the various animals in their cages seemed to quiet down. “Do you know what inhabits this world?” Ax asked.

“No, they didn’t discuss it too much. But they did say that there are lots of potential host bodies, ripe for harvesting. But there is some good news. It seems Visser Seven needs more troops to take this planet, so Visser Three is sending some ships off today.”

“And? How does this help us?” Marco responded dryly, clearly unconcerned by what Erek was saying.

“Well, a certain group of ‘Andalite Bandits’ could potentially sabotage the ships while they’re still docked.” There was an air of smugness to Erek’s voice.

Rachel practically leapt from her seat. “Well what are we waiting for? Let’s do this!”

“Yes ma’am, Xena Warrior Princess ma’am,” Marco said, and gave a mock salute. This got him a smack in the arm.

“Erek, do you know who is supposed to be on board the craft?” Cassie piped up. Erek, for his part, glanced downwards.

“There are going to be three ships that I know of. One will be stocked with all manner of weapons, while the other two will be filled with Taxxon, Hork Bajir, and Humans.” His voice was heavy with defeat. “From what I hear, there’s going to be about twenty thousand humans on board.”

Rachel spoke up again. “Well, that settles it. We have to sabotage those ships, keep those humans here on Earth.” She turned to me, looking for approval. Everyone else has appointed me their leader, and it’s usually up to me to make the calls. I hate it. Sometimes I wish I could pass the duty off to someone else. But most of the time, I can see why it was made me.

“Prince Jake, if what Erek says is true, then allowing such a planet to fall into Yeerk control will surely lead to our defeat,” Ax said.

“Ax, I already told you. Don’t call me ‘Prince.’”

“Yes, Prince Jake.”

After a moment of consideration I looked at them all. “Alright. We’ll go in, do what damage we can, and then get out.” I turned to Erek. “Do you know when the ships are scheduled to leave?”

Erek nodded. “They’re supposed to leave tomorrow, around midnight. Currently they are stationed in the mountains. A good distance from humans who might stumble upon them but close enough so they can get their troops up.”

I nodded back. “OK, then. After we finish school, we meet up here and set out.”

<I’ll fly by the launch site during the day, scout out the place for us,> Tobias volunteered. Rachel looked up at him.

“Just be careful, alright?”

Tobias swiveled his head around, looking at Rachel with those piercing hawk eyes.

<I’m always careful.>

For a moment no one spoke. Ax broke the silence first, saying that he had to demorph soon. With that, both him and Tobias headed out to the forest, with Erek departing as well. Cassie walked over to the stables, saying she had to administer some medicine to an injured raccoon. After some convincing Rachel agreed to stay with her. So that just left me and Marco to make the trek back home.

We walked in silence for a time, Marco being unusually quiet. That worried me a little, since Marco is rarely at a loss for words. “What’s up man?” I asked.

Marco sighed. “I just feel like we’re going to be really outnumbered tomorrow. And you can stake my life that they're going to be prepared for us.”

I could only nod. “True, but it’s not like we haven’t fought against impossible odds before.” I put my arm around his shoulders. “Listen, if we do get into trouble, I give you full permission to blame me.” I flashed Marco a grin, hoping I didn’t look as nervous as I felt.