• Published 27th May 2012
  • 12,789 Views, 2,025 Comments

My Little Pony: Morphing is Magic - Tricondon



The Mane 6 team up with another Main 6 to fight a new threat.

  • ...
37
 2,025
 12,789

Chapter 23

Author's Note: Written by Samaru163 and Tricondon.

Chapter 23


Rainbow Dash

Fluttershy was tending to my injured wing when Twilight burst in, shouting something. I guess she startled Fluttershy, since she squeaked and jumped behind the couch. Twilight flashed her a quick look of apology before diving right into her obviously desperate news.

“Cassie was talking with Applebloom but it wasn’t really Applebloom but it actually was since the Yeerks just take over your body so it technically is Applebloom but she’s not in control of herself and Prince Jake doesn’t feel safe on the farm so he needs a new place to stay and he wants to know if him and his followers can stay here.” She panted for breath for a while, and I guess she was finished.

“Well, um, if Prince Jake orders it, I guess I don’t mind...” Fluttershy managed to mumble. Almost immediately after she finished Twilight took off again.

“What was that about, Fluttershy?” I asked, shifting on the couch to better look at her.

“Well, I think Prince Jake and the others will be coming over.” She gave a small gasp. “Oh, my. A Prince is coming over! I’ve got to clean up.” Without another word Fluttershy ran upstairs, leaving me all alone.

“Wha-? Hey! Fluttershy! You forgot about my wing!” A few moments passed, but Fluttershy never came back downstairs. I groaned and laid my head on my hooves, flapping my sore wing and wincing in pain. “Perfect.”


Twilight came back some time later, Prince Jake and the others all in tow, all looking like me and my friends. I guess they thought it would be safer, or something like that. Though with things being as bad as they are right now it was understandable.

“Oh, my, they’re here! Oh, I’m not ready!” Fluttershy whimpered, flitting back and forth, scrubbing windows and dusting birdhouses.

“The place looks fine Fluttershy. Please calm down already.”

At first it didn’t look like she had heard me and I was about to try again. But after a second she slowed down and nodded in agreement. At least until Twi knocked on the door, at which point Fluttershy began flitting around, cleaning just as fervently as before. I rolled my eyes and opened the door myself.

“Rainbow? Is it safe for you to be walking around?” Twilight asked.

“It’s my wing that’s hurt, Twi, not any of my legs.”

Twilight sighed and stepped further into the house. A second later the others joined her. Cassie and Tobias seemed particularly interested in looking around the house.

“Wow, look at all these animals!” Cassie exclaimed. “Are you the local vet, Fluttershy?”

“Well, I do look after injured woodland critters,” Fluttershy explained. “But no, I’m not the local vet.”

“You feelin’ alright, bud?” Rachel asked, flying above me. It was so weird to look at myself, hear my own voice. I wondered if they ever had a similar problem back home.

“Who, me? Of course I’m alright. I’m better than alright, even!”

She gave me a smug smile, which was so like me it was scary. “You remind me of myself,” Rachel said. I shuddered involuntarily. It was creepy, how like me she was.

“Rachel, Rainbow, you even sound alike,” Marco joked.

“You know Marco, you and Rarity aren’t so different yourselves.” Rachel grinned and flicked Marco’s mane playfully. He - or should that be she? - flicked his head - her head? - and backed away from Rachel.

“I can do without the insults,” he - she - ...Marco said.

I rubbed my head with one of my hooves. This whole changing gender thing was confusing to keep track of.

“You have a very lovely home, Fluttershy,” Prince Jake said after shooting a glare at Rachel and Marco. Fluttershy seemed to beam.

“Oh, thank you, Your Highness.”

“See what you’ve started, Ax?” Prince Jake muttered to the pink pony.

“I don’t believe so, Prince Jake, could you clarify please?” Ax then let out a small giggle. “Clarrri-fy. Clari fye.”

“It isn’t that bad, Jake,” Tobias said. Jake turned towards him and was about to say something but was suddenly stopped by a rapid thumping sound. I looked in the direction of the noise and found a small white rabbit tapping its foot impatiently at Tobias. “Um, what’s that rabbit doing?”

Tobias looked at the rabbit with utter confusion, and was met back by a thrown carrot, hitting him/her square between the eyes.

“Ow, what was that for?” The rabbit looked up to him/her and crossed its front paws. “Um, do you want something?” The rabbit nodded its head and tapped its foot faster. “...are you going to tell me what you want, or do I have to guess?” The rabbit blinked in surprise, clearly not expecting that sort of response. “I’ll take that as an ‘I have to guess.’” Tobias was then met with a paw to his/her head. “Ow. You’re lucky I’m not a hawk right now.”

The rabbit looked confused for a long while, as if sizing up Tobias.

“Angel Bunny, don’t be mean. Tobias is a guest.” Fluttershy said, landing between her pet and Tobias. I nearly fell over laughing at seeing the little thing go bug-eyed, darting between Fluttershy and Tobias, utterly mystified. Above me I could hear Rachel trying hard not to laugh as well.

“Well everything seems to be going well...I think,” Twilight said, looking around the room. “I should probably just head back over to Sweet Apple Acres and check on Applejack.” She then looked back to Fluttershy. “You sure you’re ok with them staying here?”

“Oh, yes, I don’t mind. Really.”

“Oh, goody. Another sleepover,” Marco muttered. “At least that fashionista isn’t here this time.”

“Don’t worry, I’ll be back to check on you all tomorrow.” With that Twilight turned around and trotted out the door, closing it at the last moment with her magic.

“I’ll still never get used to that. Controlling things with your mind. It’s so...unnatural,” Marco said.

“Yeah, just like fighting aliens, turning into animals, talking telepathically. It’s all impossible, right?” Rachel sarcastically quipped. Marco shot her a dirty look.

“Pinchy knee ear flopple eye twitch!” Ax suddenly shouted, then looked around in confusion. “What just happened? And what is wrong with my eye?”

“Well for starters, it’s twitching really badly,” Rachel said.

“Hey, that sounds like one of Pinkie’s Pinkie Senses,” I said. Everypony looked at me oddly, except for Fluttershy. “You know, like how she can tell when something’s about to fall, or when a door’s about to open.”

“That’s impossible!” Ax exclaimed. “Such powerful clairvoyance cannot be performed so easily by a species such as yours, and I fail to see how it would manifest as a meaningless system of physical spasms.”

“You calling me a liar?” I asked, growling softly.

“I am not. I am merely saying that your judgement is in error.” Suddenly Ax’s knees, ears and eyes began acting up again. “Prince Jake, I believe my morph is defective.”

“So what are these ‘Pinkie senses’ exactly?” Cassie asked.

“Oh, Pinkie just gets these little physical reactions to the near-future. Everypony in town has come to rely on her predictions, since they always come true,” I explained, beaming proudly.

“Huh, and what does this combo mean?”

“I, um, I don’t know,” I said, flattening my ears against my head.

“Um, I do...” Fluttershy squeaked out softly. Everypony turned to look at her expectantly, except for Ax. “Um, eep. Well, during the sleepover, um, Pinkie said that meant there was a spy...” she whispered. I had to strain my ears to hear her.

“Wait, there’s a spy here?!” Prince Jake asked with concern in his/her voice.

“Well, here or the general area,” Fluttershy added. Prince Jake snorted, thinking for a few moments.

“Alright, Rachel and Tobias, head upstairs and out a window. Look around for anyone suspicious. Marco, you and Ax head back out the front door and go clockwise around the house. Ax, see if that Pinkie Sense gets stronger or weaker. Maybe it’s relative to distance.

“And what about me and Fluttershy?” I asked with a hint of annoyance in my voice.

“You’re in no state to help anyone right now. So stay here.”

I huffed and glared at the Prince as he stalked outside quickly, followed by the others doing as he ordered. “I can help! I don’t ...need my wings...” I sighed, staring at the floor as the door slammed shut.

“It’s ok Rainbow, I’m sure you’ll be able to fly again soon,” Fluttershy said, moving to my side. I wanted to thank her, but I was too bummed out to do more than a simple nod.

My thoughts were interrupted moments later when I heard shouting from outside. I stood up immediately and spread my wings, preparing to take off... only to give a pained shout and meekly fold my hurt wing back against my side.

“Oh, Rainbow, you mustn’t aggravate your injury like that,” Fluttershy chided. “Oh, you probably set your healing back another day.” I sighed dejectedly.

“Ax! Behind you! He’s on your tail!”

“No he isn’t! I’m on his tail!”

“Aw, it sounds like they’re having so much fun...” I complained.

“Check your sides. Marco, look out!”

“Oh, I hope they’re going to be alright.” Fluttershy said worryingly.

“Ah, they’ll be fine. You forget, Rachel looks like me! And her wing isn’t damaged!”

“Hold still you big bug!”

“Cassie, do that kicking thing again!”

I groaned in annoyance and tried to look for anything to help me relax my overly excited mind. Fluttershy decided to use the time to try and calm down some of her more frightened critters. I tried to help her, but besides Angel none of them would listen to me. It really got me wondering just how Fluttershy was able to get them to do anything. As me and Fluttershy were just about finished calming the last of the animals I suddenly realized that the sounds of fighting outside had stopped.

“Oh dear, do you think they’re alright?” Fluttershy wondered, flitting back and forth nervously.

I was about to answer when the front door burst open. I whirled, ready to pounce on whoever was walking in, but I relaxed when I saw the familiar purple coat of fur. It was either Twilight or Prince Jake. Levitating above her head was the unmistakable black insectoid body of a Changeling.

I snorted in surprise, tensing up again. The others that always seemed to be around Prince Jake all filed in behind him, some with nasty cuts and the like. Rachel walked in, limping and with one wing nearly torn off.

Fluttershy's face lost all coloring as she stared at Rachel. I was also in a state of horror, I mean, I was looking at my wing barely still clinging to my shoulders. I didn’t know whether to throw up or pass out. Luckily I didn’t do either.

Rachel didn’t waste any time chatting and quickly made her way through the cottage. Immediately Fluttershy rushed to her side and helped support her along as best she could. I found myself following behind, still staring at the stump where a healthy wing should be.

“Doesn’t it hurt? Oh, oh my...I don’t know... we should go to a doctor, I’ve never had to attach an entire wing before...” Fluttershy gasped, her face almost entirely drained of blood.

“Don’t worry, I’ll be fine,” she said with a smirk. “I’ve had worse.” I was about to protest, but then I noticed that her rainbow mane was becoming blond colored and her face was beginning to shrink in on itself. In a matter of moments she was back to her normal self and without a single cut or scratch on her.

I felt my jaw go agape. Fluttershy let out a gasp of astonishment.

“Oh my!” was all Fluttershy could say.

“Yeah, it’s pretty freaky to see,” Rachel said calmly, as if nothing had happened.

“But...what about when you turn back into me?” I asked. “Won’t your wing still be broken off?”

“Nope, it’ll be good as new. See, morphing is based on DNA, so while that form was damaged the DNA wasn’t. Or at least that’s how Ax explains it.”

“Wow, that is so cool! I could take a bad crash, then just morph back to normal and not need another stay in the hospital!”

“Yeah, it really is helpful sometimes. Now why don’t we see how Jake is dealing with our guest?” Rachel said, her face already my familiar shade of blue.

A few minutes later the three of us walked back to the others. I took a moment to glance at Prince Jake and the rest. None of them seemed as badly hurt as Rachel was, though it was still unnerving, seeing Twilight bleeding so heavily, or Rarity missing her horn. I think I couldn’t stand seeing Fluttershy so badly hurt, though it didn’t seem to bother Tobias all that much.

“Why were you spying on us?” Prince Jake calmly asked the Changeling, still holding it in the air. The Changeling simply stared back, either unwilling to or unable to talk.

“C’mon, talk or I’ll crush your head like you crushed my wing!” Rachel sneered, flying over to the Changeling and jabbing it with a hoof. The Changeling glanced at Rachel’s wings then stared at her incredulously. “...I got better.”

“Not even Changeling can heal that fast,” it finally spoke, its voice deep and gravelly, like an echo that was being distorted.

“Ha, so it can talk!” Marco shouted happily. “Alright, Yeerk, tell us what you know!”

The Changeling hissed at Marco. “Not Yeerk! Yeerk bad! Take control of Hive!”

“And how do we know you aren’t just lying to us?” Marco leaned close to the Changelings face and stared it dead in the eyes. I noticed something different in his/her eyes. Something cold and calculating.

“Not Yeerk!” It hissed again, this time with a hint of desperation in its voice. “Want Yeerks gone.”

“Marco, maybe we should hear him out?” Cassie suggested.

Marco turned to her with an almost dumbfounded look. “This guy was part of the same group that attacked us just now, or did you so quickly forget?”

“You Yeerks! You corrupted Changelings!” it hissed again, a bit more violently. “Kill me! I not submit peacefully!”

“Jake? Your call, man,” Marco sighed.

Jake sighed and muttered something to himself. “Alright, Changeling. Talk. Why were you spying on us?”

“You corrupted Changeling. Not work for Hive. Work for Yeerk.”

“Woah, there, pal. We do not work for the Yeerks,” Tobias said, ruffling his/her feathers. “We fight them every chance we get.”

The Changeling seemed to settle down a bit, looking at each of us in turn. “You not Changeling? But...” he looked at me and Rachel. “You same pony. Not Changeling?”

“I’m no Changeling!” I protested. “I’m all pegasus!”

“I’m not a pony. But I’m not a Changeling either,” Rachel explained, though this only seemed to confuse the Changeling further.

“Not Changelings? Not ponies?” It seemed to be straining as it attempted to figure out the situation. “What are you?”

“We’re the Animorphs!” Marco said triumphantly, striking a pose. Everypony, including both myself and the Changeling, stared at him.

“Well, you not Changeling. No Changeling that silly.”