• Published 26th May 2012
  • 2,299 Views, 33 Comments

Aviators: Friendship - Mitslits



Based off the song Friendship by Aviators.

  • ...
5
 33
 2,299

Acceptance

Apple Bloom looked at Scootaloo’s hoof, still sticking out. Sweetie’s was rested lightly on top of it and both mares were looking at her expectantly. Sighing, she put her hoof on top of Sweetie Belle’s. “Ah really hope Ah won’t regret this.”

Scootaloo caught her up in a gigantic hug. “I promise you won’t!” she squealed.

The earth pony pushed her away, suppressing a smile. “Ah already do, ya squealer.”

Sweetie Belle snuck up on AB’s other side, took a deep breath, and squealed right in her other ear.

Apple Bloom tottered on her hind legs, one foreleg clapped to her ear. She collapsed back onto the pile of pillows. “Arrrgh! Ya foals, now Ah’m deaf in both ears!” The mare caught up a pillow and flung it in their general direction.

The poofy projectile caught Scootaloo in the neck, and she pretended to choke on a feather that had landed near her nose. “Oh, help! Murder murder!” She thudded onto the ground dramatically, tongue lolling out of her mouth, trying to stop the giggles bursting out of her mouth.

Sweetie Belle sat next to the downed pegasus, brushing her forelock back from her forehead. “No!” she screamed, pretending right along with them. “Not my Scooty-poo!”

That brought Scoots back from the dead, laughing so hard that she snorted. “Scooty-poo? Don’t ever call me that again.”

Apple Bloom leaped off of the pillows, poking Scootaloo in the side. “Scooty-poo, Scooty-poo, watcha gonna do?” She shrieked with laughter and danced away as Scootaloo threw the pillow. She made a leap for it, catching it expertly in her mouth. With a dead aim, she launched it at Sweetie Belle.

The unicorn eeped and ducked, hooves covering her head. The pillow soared over her, slamming into Cheerilee who had just walked through the door.

“Oh!” the teacher laughed, as she brushed feathers out of her mane with a forehoof. “Anyone would think you three were still fillies”, she chuckled as she surveyed the feather- covered room, crouching Sweetie Belle, and the other two mares laughing hysterically. “I just came back to ask if you three would be participating in the talent show. You’ll be on last.”

Scootaloo stood, answering for all of them. “Yeah, we’ll do it. When is it anyway?” She opened her wings, watching a few pillow feathers float lazily to the ground.

“A week from Tuesday”, Cheerilee replied. “Now, I should be going.” She turned and exited the clubhouse.

Sweetie Belle gasped. “A week? That’s all we have? We better get started.” She swept up a hooffull of feathers, dumping them out the window.

Scootaloo blocked her with a hoof, making an elegant bow. “Allow me.” She opened her wings, barely able to in the confined space. She beat them a couple of times, clearing the whole place of feathers. “Done. And, yeah, we should get started”, she nodded.

A pale yellow hoof shot into the air. “Ah’m handlin’ props this time. No offense, Sweetie Belle, but last time was a disaster.”

The other two mares nodded.

“Agreed”, Scootaloo whinnied. She raised a wing. “I’ll handle the whole dancing thing. I’m thinking of an areal ballet type. Got a soft song whipped up, Sweetie?” she asked, glancing over at the unicorn.

Sweetie Belle shook her head. “No, but I’ve got the beginnings of one right now. How’s this sound?”

Three heads popped out of the curtain separating the audience from backstage. Three mares sighed as they saw the full house, packed with family and friends and even a few strangers.

Cheerilee trotted out onto the stage fearlessly. “And now the time you’ve all been waiting for!” she announced grandly. “I’d like you all to give a big welcome to our three guest stars: Sweetie Belle, Scootaloo, and Apple Bloom! These three are former students of mine, and have competed in the talent show before, but now they’re back and better than ever! Please give a warm welcome to…Acceptance!”

The red curtains drew black slowly to reveal a black stage. A spotlight flicked on as the first few bars of the song drifted out of the piano. Sweetie stood in the center of the stage, alone, waiting for the right moment. The piano picked up slightly and she opened her mouth, letting her sweet, clear voice ring out.

1,2,3 What does friendship mean to me?
4,3,2 Figure out what it means to you
What it means to you…

At this point, Scootaloo zipped over Sweetie’s head, sending the curtains swirling from the sudden breeze.

They say every cloud has a silver lining

Apple Bloom tugged hard on a rope, sending a beautiful, shimmering cloud out just to the right of Scootaloo.

But ours has turned to gray
We’ve fallen apart
Broken away

The first silver cloud was replaced by a dull gray cloud that Scootaloo kicked, breaking it in half. The two halves landed on either side of Sweetie.

What happened to what we used to be?
When nothing could separate us three

Scootaloo twirled in midair as a cardboard cutout, expertly painted, flipped out from underneath the stage. It was the three mares, but in the painting, they were fillies again, off on one of their numerous Crusades.

There was no way that we could see
What was coming
What was up ahead

Scootaloo zipped forwards, right over the crowd, sharply banking at the end of the verse, returning to hover over Sweetie Belle.

But now we have another chance
To make things right again
And I won’t let it slip away

Streamers fluttered down from the ceiling. Scootaloo tried to catch them, but they slipped right through her hooves.

Cause this is worth everything
Everything
To me

The three walked up to the front of the stage as the song ended, hooves on each other’s shoulders. The crowd hooted and hollered, stomping their hooves on the ground as hard as they could, noise rising into the clear night air.

Later that night, the three mares tumbled into the clubhouse, laughing and panting, but smiling.

“That was awesome!” Scootaloo shouted. The other two mares nodded in agreement. Scootaloo spread her wings over their shoulders, head lowered, big grin still plastered on her face. “Friends forever?”

Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle shared a glance over the pegasus’ lowered head. They grinned at each other, then lowered their heads as well. “Friends forever.”

Comments ( 14 )

:pinkiehappy: it waas beautiful I love it:heart:

766220
I would like to thank you for reading this whole story all the way through and commenting on every chapter. :pinkiehappy: Thank you so much, and thanks to everyone else who commented also! :heart::heart:

very moving piece you have here. each chapter was short and sweet. im glad i found this randomly tonight :pinkiehappy: in the end i think Scootaloo said it best “That was awesome!” :scootangel:

I love how Apple Bloom looks in that picture.

I'm crying after reading this. And I'm not sure if they're good tears or bad. :fluttercry: I think it's a mix of both.
This fanfic was short and to the point, well written, and kept my interest all the way through. Because of shortness and it already being complete, I was able to read it all at once as well.
I also have to say that it brought back fairly recent, bittersweet memories of a now-broken and lost friendship of mine. I lost my best friend in a totally different way from this, but still I think that's the reason I'm upset now. :fluttershysad:
But the ending, especially that sweet song, gave me the smallest bit of hope that when school starts again I might be able to fix things up with him. It reminded me that if you were once close enough and cared enough about someone (or somepony) you always have a chance of getting them back, even when it seems you've lost them forever. :pinkiesad2:
Or something like that, I pretty much just woke up so I probably sound stupid, oh well...
Anywayyy... my own personal problems aside... please write more stuff like this. I love it. I love stories like this. And even though I still have 27 stories I need to read, I'm about to go through all of your stories and if I like what I read, I'll probably start watching you. Thank you for the awesome story. :'D

1061310

You're welcome for the story. :twilightblush: I really appreciate you taking your time to read my stories and to write the comment, both. Most people who read don't share personal things and I am glad you did. I hope you and your friend are able to get back together. :twilightsmile:

You made Scoots' special talent dancing?
Have you read Scootaloo's Dreams by any chance?

1691610

No, I don't believe I have. Why?

1696483 Read it :3
It's really good, and Scootaloo dances in it :D

Wait, the last song wasn't Friendship by Aviators. Wtf.

2312792

No, you're right, it wasn't.

5800947

Thanks! It's one of mine too.

This is the first Story to make me happy and SQUEE!!
:pinkiehappy:

Login or register to comment