• Published 26th May 2012
  • 2,299 Views, 33 Comments

Aviators: Friendship - Mitslits



Based off the song Friendship by Aviators.

  • ...
5
 33
 2,299

Confessions

“I think it all really started when…when Apple Bloom found out”, Sweetie Belle admitted.

Scootaloo gasped. Had her friend really been broken for so long? How had she not noticed?

The white unicorn continued. “She started to grow distant and bitter. I was being eaten alive by guilt, forcing Scoots to keep the secret, trying to keep it myself. I nearly broke when Apple Bloom finally confronted us.”

Apple Bloom paced around the clubhouse, thoughts racing around her brain like frightened pegasi. “Should Ah really tell ‘em? Of course Ah should! But it could ruin everything. Who cares? They ruined it first. But… that’s not a real excuse”, she argued with herself. The small filly froze as she heard hoofsteps on the ramp.

“Hey, AB!” Scootaloo called out cheerily as she trotted into the clubhouse. “Sweetie said she’d be here in a few minutes.”

The two fillies sat on a pile of pillows and blankets until they saw the tip of a horn poking out. “Sweetie’s here!” Scootaloo announced as she hopped down to meet her friend.

“Ah kinda guessed that”, Apple Bloom muttered, as she climbed down too.

The unicorn hoof-bumped Scootaloo and then turned her hoof to Apple Bloom. She started in surprise. Tears were spilling down the usually stoic pony’s face. “Wh-what’s wrong, Apple Bloom?”

Apple Bloom’s pink bow was soon crushed underneath her hoof. Tears still running down her face, the filly stood, teeth gritted, glaring at the pair in front of her. “Why didn’t you two TELL me?” she shouted.

Scootaloo stumbled backwards in surprise. “What are you talking about, AB?”

“Ya’ll know exactly what Ah’m talkin’ about! Am Ah such a baby that ya’ll cain’t tell me ya’ll two are marefriends?” The yellow filly was a mixture of anger and grief.

Sweetie Belle froze. She blinked once, twice, slowly, very slowly.

The orange pegasus looked at her two friends, one sobbing, the other frozen in shock. She was going to have to handle this. “We didn’t think you were a baby at all-“

“Then why didn’t ya say somethin’?” Apple Bloom yelled.

Scootaloo held up a hoof, trying to quiet her friend. “We just didn’t want you to feel left out”, she explained.

The pink bow split in half as Apple Bloom ground her hoof down sharply. “Left out? Ya think sneakin’ ‘round behind mah back, havin’ ta not tell me, is includin’ me?”

“I didn’t want you to be jealous!” Sweetie Belle burst out. “I thought-I thought if you found out the two of us were together, you would start hanging out with other fillies. I didn’t want to lose you”, she finished sadly.

Apple Bloom just stared at the small unicorn. “Well, Ah think yer plan has backfired, Sweetie. Ah don’t ever wanna hang out agin.” With that, the filly stomped out of the clubhouse. She didn’t look back.

Scootaloo pulled Sweetie Belle closer with her wing. She recalled that day clearly; in her head, she called it the Dark Day.

Sweetie Belle wiped her eyes with her hoof. “And it was all downhill from there, I guess.”

Apple Bloom glanced down, shuffling her hooves. “Ah didn’t really mean what Ah said that day”, she said, after a few moments had passed. “Ah was gonna find ya’ll agin, probably at school, but ya’ll ignored me after that and Ah…Ah thought ya’ll were better off without me. So Ah kept to mahself after that.” Tears fell softly on the fabric. Her roving hooves flipped over a corner of the fabric. A name was embroidered in a fancy script on a small patch in the blanket. The mare peered closer. Sweetie Belle was scrawled in pink thread.

The unicorn, as if sensing that it was her hoofwork, leaned in. “We thought it would be better if we stayed away from you for a little while”, she whispered.

“It was never supposed to be permanent”, Scootaloo added. Feeling that she had to do something other than sit there, she stood and walked until she was standing in between her former friends. She lay down, and extended her wings. One rested on Sweetie Belle’s back, the other on Apple Bloom’s back.

Apple Bloom stiffened for a moment, but then she relaxed, curling into the orange pegasus. Sweetie Belle did the same on the opposite side.

Scootaloo smiled sadly and lay her head down, closing her eyes and savoring the moment.