• Published 26th May 2012
  • 2,299 Views, 33 Comments

Aviators: Friendship - Mitslits



Based off the song Friendship by Aviators.

  • ...
5
 33
 2,299

Revelations

Apple Bloom placed a hoof on her chin, staring up at the ceiling. “Tha beginnin’ will be hard ta fahnd, Ah think.”

Sweetie Belle looked down, shuffling her front hooves nervously.

Scootaloo’s wing rustled with the movement. She glanced over at the beautiful white unicorn. Why had she ever left? Were the Wonderbolts worth all this pain she had caused? But she knew it had started long before she ever left to join the ‘bolts. “I think it all started with me.”

The unicorn jerked up her head with a small squeak of surprise. Her green eyes widened as she shook her head. Sweetie pointed a hoof at herself.

Apple Bloom huffed. “Oh, will ya’ll quit tha whole ‘lover-takin’-blame-fer-the-other crap? It was all of our faults.” The earth pony stood up. “Maybe this wasn’t tha best idea. Ah think we should just keep away from each other.” She looked at them.

Scootaloo glanced over to see Sweetie Belle’s eyes filled with horror. She remembered her promise to herself, to keep them all together and fix their friendship. The orange pegasus rose slowly to her hooves. “No.”

Apple Bloom, already halfway out of the door, stopped. She turned, fixing Scoots with a glare cold enough to freeze the feathers off her. “WHAT did ya say?” She narrowed her eyes, fixing Scootaloo in her piercing gaze.

“I said no”, the mare said, standing her ground. “We need to fix this, right here, right now. I’m NOT going to pretend we never had any sort of relationship. We used to be inseparable.”

Sweetie Belle stood up as well, shoulder to shoulder with her marefriend. She opened her mouth, breaking the vow she had kept for so many years. “Scootaloo’s right. We can’t ignore everything that ever happened and just start over. We need to talk about this and find out when everything went wrong. I don’t know about you, Apple Bloom, but I don’t want to give up on everything we ever had so easily. It’s killing me, being here with both of you, not being able to laugh or even smile. There’s nothing to laugh or smile about. I love you. Both of you. I’m not letting you slip through my hooves again.” She blushed and looked down.

The other two mares gazed at her in shock. Scoots was the first to recover. She lightly kissed the tip of Sweetie’s horn and then threw a challenging glare at Apple Bloom, who was still standing in the entryway.

Apple Bloom shifted her weight from hoof to hoof for a little while before nodding slowly. She walked over to her blankets and pillows, settling into them again. The other two mares did the same, Scootaloo again stretching her wing over Sweetie’s back. “Fer me, it all started when Ah saw you two for the first time.”

Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo lay in their favorite field surrounded by dandelions. Sweetie’s front hooves were wrapped around Scootaloo’s neck, her head resting lightly on her friend’s neck. One of Scootaloo’s front hooves was stroking Sweetie Belle’s mane the other was propping her own head up.

“Scootaloo?” Sweetie asked, neither looking up nor opening her eyes.

Scoots looked down at Sweetie. “Yeah?”

The unicorn did look up then. She fixed her green eyes on those of the orange pegasus. “I was just wondering. When are we going to tell Apple Bloom about us?”

Scootaloo bit her lip. “I don’t know, exactly. When do you think would be a good time, Sweetie?” She shifted, so they could look at each other easily.

Sweetie Belle sat up. “Maybe…maybe we shouldn’t tell her”, she suggested hesitantly.

Scoots sat up as well. “What? Why wouldn’t we? I mean, sure she doesn’t have a marefriend…or a coltfriend…Okay, I kind of see where you’re going with this.” She put a hoof up to her mane, scratching her head. “Still, are you sure we should keep something like this from her?” She put her hoof down.

The unicorn filly looked uncertain. “I think it’d be for the best.” She spit on her hoof and held it out.

Scootaloo smiled. She hadn’t done a spit-shake in FOREVER. Eagerly, she spat on her own hoof and slapped Sweetie’s. “Okay. We don’t say a word of this to Apple Bloom.”

It was a week later. Apple Bloom was trotting through the market with Apple Jack, looking for a good place to set up their apple cart. She and her sister veered down a narrow alleyway, emerging into a well-traveled, but still relatively empty part, of the market. Apple Jack began to unload the apples, arranging them artfully on the cart. Apple Bloom was struggling to shift some buckets when she noticed them. Darting behind the bucket, she hoped fervently that she had not been spotted. Crouching low to the ground, she snuck a quick peek. They didn’t seem as if they had seen her. She sighed in relief.

“Apple Bloom!” Applejack said sternly.

The filly leaped a good three feet into the air, landing with wide, startled eyes.

“What’sa matter with ya?” her sister asked. “Ah need yer help settin’ up the cart! Ya kin play with yer friends AFTER we’ve finished settin’ up.”

Apple Bloom jumped in with a will. They set up their stall in record time. Apple Bloom scurried off, tailing the two fillies. She followed them to a relatively slow part of the market. “What’re they doin’?” she wondered. Then she gasped, falling back behind the corner of a building. Her large eyes filled up with tears. Apple Bloom fled from the market, tears streaming down her cheeks.

Scootaloo’s head jerked up. “Did you hear that sob?” she asked Sweetie Belle.

The unicorn, still blushing, hoof touching the spot on her cheek where Scoots had kissed her, shook her head.

Scootaloo, sure that she had been hearing things, put it out of her mind.

“I…I’m so sorry, Apple Bloom”, Scootaloo said, tears welling up in her eyes. “You didn’t let on for so long.”

The earth pony nodded, choking back tears of her own. “Ah know. And maybe if Ah had told ya, everythin’ would be different.” She looked down at her hooves.

Sweetie Belle smiled sadly. “Maybe I should go next.”

Both Apple Bloom and Scootaloo nodded. “Okay, Sweetie.”

The unicorn took a deep breath.