• Published 11th Jun 2015
  • 1,230 Views, 20 Comments

Three Sirens and a Sunset - Shadowsnake89



A post Rainbow Rocks adventure involving the sirens, a washout and a king. My first story originally posted on fanfiction.net.

  • ...
2
 20
 1,230

Epilogue

Canterlot Castle

Inside one of the castles many secret rooms, Celestia and Luna are making certain that the pendent is secured. “There. This will ensure it never falls into the wrong hands.” Celestia says, placing it in a glass case on a pedestal.

“King Sombra's power is truly horrifying. Are you positive it will be safe here sister?” Luna asks, having been on the receiving end of the powerful new artifact.

“As long as it remains under our watch here in the castle, Equestria has nothing to worry about.” As the two turn away to leave, the eyes of Sombra form on the surface of the stone as a low, wicked chuckle escapes from it. Less than a second later the two turn to hear a crash as the pedestal holding the pendent has fallen over, the contained item smashed. The pieces slowly vaporize as Sombra's voice cries out in a long howl. “Nooooooooo!”

“Oops.” Double Down says levitating a broom as he, Cut Off and Boogie Night look nervously at the Princesses. “Are we fired?”

Celestia pauses for a moment, looking down at the broken display where the gem once was then back to the trio. “You now, it's probably better this way.” She says casually.

“Agreed sister.” The princesses walk away as the three give each other confused stares before getting to the task of cleaning up the mess they have just made.

Comments ( 4 )

good read. I do feel bad for Double Down, Boogey Nights, and Cut Off though: they're just clumsy, not malicious.

6192577
Thanks for the reviews. Yeah, looking back I can see a few things that I could have done a bit better.

I got curious and read this through in one setting. Conceptually, it's got some interesting stuff in it - I really appreciated the twist with Adagio screwing over Sombra and becoming the villain, thought that was really a nice way of subverting expectations. Grammatically it's got a good share of minor typos, chiefly little things like "pendent" when it should be "pendant". My biggest criticism is that the story feels like it flows too quickly, or that some of these ideas - Lightning Dust, The Dazzlings' reformations, Sombra's plan - aren't as fleshed out as I felt they could have been.

Still, I enjoyed this story well enough. Won't be a favorite of mine but you reformed the Dazzlings in a way that didn't make me call bullshit. I especially liked the handling of Sonata and Aria for this; I might have to borrow the idea for Aria ending up with a pet sometime. XD

9755310
Thanks for reading and the critique. Yeah I wrote this way back in 2014 on Fanfiction.net and just posted it here. I actually wrote this entire story in under a month so looking back I see now that I should have proofread it a few times before I submitted it. I'll admit I had a lot of ideas I wanted to fit into this story and I probably tried to pack way too much into the final result. I actually had played around with the idea of making Aria the surprise main villain and carrying on what I felt was an unfinished arc from the film.

One thing is for sure. I really wish I still had the speed and enthusiasm I had a few years ago with the stories I write now though.

Appreciate the review as always.

Login or register to comment