• Published 11th Jun 2015
  • 1,229 Views, 20 Comments

Three Sirens and a Sunset - Shadowsnake89



A post Rainbow Rocks adventure involving the sirens, a washout and a king. My first story originally posted on fanfiction.net.

  • ...
2
 20
 1,229

Chapter 7

Twilight's Castle

“Alright everything is almost ready. We just need to wait for Rainbow Dash and Lightning Dust to handle the situation outside.” Twilight says as she makes the final preparations for the portal. “How's everything up there Spike?”

“Looking good.” The young dragon says as he makes certain the device is set.

Just then Lightning Dust rushes in. “Where's Rainbow Dash?” Applejack inquires.

“There are more of those Shadowbolts then we thought. She sent me back to make sure they don't get through. Hurry, I don't know how long she can hold them off.” Dust says almost out of breath.

“Alright everypony, here we go.” The princess activates the machine and the others look on as the swirling portal forms in the center of the arch. “You coming Spike?”

“You know it Twilight.” The two leap through the portal as Dust and the others watch.

“I have to admit that was pretty cool. And now for me to do my part.” Dust gives a sharp whistle as the three Shadowbolts soar in.

“What the..” Before anything else can be done, the trio disable the remaining four, binding them in ropes.

“Good work boys.”

“No problem ma'am.” Cut Off says with a salute as the other two toss a restrained Rainbow Dash into the room with the others.

“What do you think you're doing.” Rarity demands.

“Isn't it obvious? These guys work for me. Well more correctly we work for him.” She gestures to Double Down who pulls off the saddle bag with Sombra's horn and gives it to her as she opens it.

“Is that what I think it is?” Pinkie Pie asks.

“What are you doing with King Sombra's horn?” Rainbow Dash shouts. “That thing is dangerous.”

“Only to someone like you. Once he's at full power again there won't be anything that can stop him.”

“Yeah you can ask the crystal ponies about that. Why do you think he was overthrown? He was a tyrant who enslaved his own subjects. They suffered a thousand years because of that. Why would you bring him back just so he could do it again?”

The other three Shadowbolts trade worried glances as Dust stops to think before looking back at the restrained ponies. “As long as I have the power I deserve why should I care?”

“Is that what this is all about? You're still mad about what happened at the academy?”

Dust blazes across the room and gets right into Dashes face. “You ruined me! Because of you I got kicked out of the program. I had to beg them to give me another chance. Though I suppose I should thank you and Spitfire. If it hadn't been for the lame assignment they sent me on I would have never found Sombra. Maybe I'll reward you all with knocking Cloudsdale right out of the sky. How does that sound?” Dash only responds with an angered glare as the others gasp in horror. “Well I really need to be going. Ultimate power doesn't fix itself.” She flies right through the portal with the bag over her shoulder.

A short time later she fumbles to the ground on the other side. “Oh my head.” She begins to rub her head only to see her hooves are not there, replaced with five strange members. She quickly panics, crawling back against the statue sitting out front of the school. “What's happening?” Dust starts to breath heavily as her heart races.

She looks up to see a strange creature with puffy orange hair lean down toward her. “Calm down. I know it's a lot to take in but breath in.” The girl does as she complies. “Now breath out. Good. You must be with Sombra, right?” She nods still a bit anxious about her surroundings. “My name's Adagio Dazzle. We're on the same side here. Do you have Sombra's horn?” Dust hands, still shaking, reach into the bag and hand it to her. “Alright, now I need to go and finish this. Take my hand.” She helps her up and to take her first steps in the human world. “That's it, one step at a time.”

“Okay, I think I've got it. I'm alright.” Dust looks down at her new appendages then back to Adagio. “Please tell me I don't look like that.”

“See for yourself.” Adagio hands her a pocket mirror. She sees her new self still with her blue color and hairstyle. She looks down to find herself wearing a black jacket over a white shirt and a light blue skirt with black boots. “Now, we don't have much time. Are you up to running?”

“Try and stop me.” She says with a confident smirk as they race to finish the plan.

Inside, the others are none the wiser to what has happened in Equestria as the group are out on the soccer pitch as they watch Rainbow Dash and the team practice. While seated Rarity does Sonata's nails, Fluttershy and Aria play with Ticki, and Applejack, Sunset, and Pinkie Pie cheer on Dash as she wows the team with her new moves. “Girls.” They all stop what they are doing as they see Twilight Sparkle running hurriedly toward them. “Twilight?” The group minus Aria and Sonata shout in confusion as they race toward her. Seeing this Rainbow Dash calls a timeout and joins them. “You guys keep going without me.”

They rush to give the Equestrian princess a hug. Sonata pops up right in the center of the group hug. “Oh Twilight, we've missed you so much. It seems like ages since we tried to destroy you all. Ah, good times.”

“I think what she means to say is it's good to see you Twilight.” Applejack helps to clarify.

“It's good to see you girls too. I just wish it wasn't under these circumstances.”

“What are you talking about? What happened?” Sunset asks surprised.

“I got your message that something had happened and you needed me to come right away.”

“I never sent you any message. My journal is right here.” She opens her bag and pulls out the book only to discover a similarly colored one in it's place. “But how?”

“It must have gotten switched after Adagio put all your stuff back in.” Sonata says.

“But that doesn't explain how the message got sent.”

Aria's eyes open wide with the realization. “Oh no.”

“What is it Aria?” Fluttershy asks.

“It's Adagio. She used the book to get you to open the portal.”

“But why.” Twilight asks.

“She's needed to get it open to bring some king here. King Sombra.”

“But how? King Sombra was destroyed by the crystal heart.”

“I don't know but he contacted her from Equestria.”

Rainbow Dash gets in between the two. “Hold on a second. Who is this Sombra guy.”

“An evil king from Equestria. He's a being of pure darkness but we thought he'd been destroyed.”

“He told Adagio he'd fix our pendents if she'd restore his body.”

“And how do you know that?” Rainbow questions.

Aria looks away from the group for a moment. “She sent me to find out how to get to Equestria and to get Sonata back with us. That's the reason I agreed to come along in the first place.”

“Aria?” Sonata says slightly saddened. “I thought we we're having fun for real. It was just a trick?”

“No it wasn't like that I just...”

“Save it for someone who cares.” Rainbow Dash lashes out. “You're not one of us as far as I'm concerned.”

“That's enough Dash.” Fluttershy says defensively. “She made a mistake.”

“Well that so called mistake just put all of us into serious danger.”

Applejack gets between the two to get back to the matter at hand. “That's enough from the both of ya. We can talk about this later. Right now we need to figure out where it is she went.”

Sonata stops to think for a moment. “The opera house. We stayed their after the battle of the bands.”

“You think she's still there?” Applejack asks as Sonata nods her head. “It was abandoned anyway so we figured no one would ever bother us there.”

“Figures, that place always did give me the creeps.” Rainbow Dash states.

“If she's still there we might be able to stop her in time. Come on.” Twilight says as the group rush off.

“Sonata.” Aria calls out as her sister stops but refuses to turn to her. “The last thing I wanted to do was hurt you again. I never meant for things to go like this. You have to believe me.”

“I don't know if I can.” Sonata says as she wipes the tears from her eyes with Pinkie Pie and Rarity putting a reassuring arm on her shoulders as they head off leaving Aria. “Fluttershy.” Aria calls as the pink haired girl turns to her. “Make sure she's safe.” She gives her a silent nod before rejoining the group.

Twilight's Castle

The Shadowbolts, having restrained the ponies take a moment to relax. “I'm telling you, this is going to be the beginning of something great.” Cut Off says relaxing on a pillow.

“Yeah, a great tragedy. How can you guys work for someone who's going to enslave all of Equestria?” Rainbow says.

“Easy, because we won't be the ones to get enslaved. We're finally going to get the respect and glory we deserve.” Boogie Night states.

“And we'll finally have something to show everypony we have potential.” Double Down says, staring at his picture of Maud. Pinkie, angling her head sees the photo.

“Hey, why do you have picture of Maud?” She questions.

“You know Maud Pie?”

“She's my sister.”

“She's my special somepony.” He stops to take a look at her. “Wait. Pinkie Pie? Oh wow, it's so good to finally meet you. Maud talks about you all the time. How have you been?”

“Oh can't complain. Been doing this and that. How about you?” The two go back and forth as their respective friends sigh in disbelief.

Canterlot Opera Hall

“Alright let's do this.” Adagio says, having gotten the shoebox with the shards of the pendents. She holds the horn as Lightning Dust stands off to the side.

“Indeed, let us finish this.” The horn begins to glow with dark energy and it slowly creeps around the shards as piece by piece it reassembles them into one larger gemstone.

“Yes, yes. It's working King Sombra.” Adagio watches as the gem floats up and attaches itself to her. Even Lightning Dust is silently impressed.

“Now siren, sing.” Sombra commands as her former voice begins to escape her lips. She starts off lightly before committing herself fully into it as she can feel her former strength returning. As she continues the horn begins to turn into mist as the dark cloud begins to grow larger, taking on a more human form, clad in armor. “I can feel it. To be flesh again.” Sombra begins to revel at the sensation before realizing something is wrong. “What is happening?” He looks down to see that his mist form is not solidifying. Rather it is slowly being absorbed by the pendent. “What are you doing to me?”

“Oh I'm sorry but there's been a change of plans. You see we sirens feed off of negative energy and I have to be honest, yours is simply delicious.” She pulls out the crystal that he gave her. “This little tidbit gave me a taste of what you had to offer so I decided to restore you to this form. Almost to full strength but not enough to fight against me.” She begins to sing once again as Sombra attempts in vain to stop it.

“Lightning Dust, defend your king.” Sombra pleads as he is continually drained. Dust starts to move toward stopping it only to freeze in her tracks as she sees the ears and translucent wings form on Adagio. In addition to that she also acquires Sombra's armor around a more elaborate version of her battle of the bands outfit as she levitates above the stage. “No I will not be denied. I am eternal. I am Sombra!” He lets out one last monstrous roar before being completely absorbed into the gemstone. Adagio touches down gracefully onto the stage, turning toward Lightning Dust who begins to sweat.

She quickly bows before the siren. “The old king is dead. Long live the queen.”

“A wise choice.”

“Gotta go with the power player.” She says with a smirk.

“Indeed. And don't worry, you'll still get what he promised you.” Adagio lightly taps her right pointer finger against her temple. “Everything he knew is here now. Let's get back to the portal.”

“My Shadowbolts should have the other side secure my queen.”

Adagio pauses for a moment, looking at the gem before refocusing her attention. “One thing is sure. Once we get back, Equestria won't know what hit it.”