• Published 23rd May 2012
  • 31,509 Views, 7,518 Comments

Epic Rap Battles of MLP - enigmaMystere



a silly little thing the ponies in my head persuaded me to do.

  • ...
92
 7,518
 31,509

PreviousChapters Next
Rap Battle #3: Results and Aftermath

Vinyl wandered the streets for a while, singing along to her tunes. "I could stay awake just to hear you breathin'. Watch you smile-"

She was interrupted, knocked on her back as two tan unicorns with panicked expressions on their faces ran into her at full speed, causing her glasses and earbuds to go flying. Before she could confront them, they ran off, being chased by a group of ponies. Ponies who all had the same green shade of fur. She blinked, wondering what that was about. Deciding it was probably none of her business, she shrugged, picking up her earbuds and shades, continuing to wander aimlessly.

Eventually, though, two familiar ponies walked up to her. Putting on her best smile, she nodded to them, taking out one of her earbuds. "Aloe, Lotus. How are you two doing?"

"It's perfect!" Aloe grinned, placing a hoof on her sister's shoulder. "We got to keep our spa!"

Vinyl blinked, surprised. "You found out you won? Who told you?" She pulled out her phone, checking to see who was running the vote system so she could give them a piece of her mind for revealing the winners. That was her job. Hers!

They stared at her, confused. Lotus spoke up this time. "Flim and Flam's machine made everypony they used it on to turn green. They just got chased out of town." She turned to her sister, who was perfectly green from the tip of her nose to the tip of her tail. Vinyl lifted her glasses up, surprised she didn't notice it before. "I told her not to let them use that machine on her."

"I had no idea it would do this! But, more importantly ... " Aloe leaped forward, grabbing the white unicorn by the shoulders and shaking her rapidly. " ... we won? Seriously?" To say that she was beaming would be an understatement. Her smile could compete with Pinkie's in the sheer joy it contained.

Vinyl let the now-green mare calm down, not because she needed to, but because she needed to make the square stop spinning. "Yes, you had all but three votes, the last time I checked." She cleared her throat and walked off, leaving the twins to celebrate by themselves - however they went about doing that.

The last thing she heard from them was "Let's go find Lucky! He'll be happy to know this!"


Later that day, Vinyl was preparing for the rave in the meadow, packing multiple records and her turntables into a couple cases.

As she was about to leave, there was a loud boom outside, followed by the pitter-patter of rain on the roof. " ... no ... " She rushed to her front door and opened it. Rain and cold wind immediately greeted her.

"What the hoof, Enigma!? I was looking forward to this rave!" She slammed the door shut and groaned, flopping down on the couch. "I guess it'll have to be cancelled. I can't use my equipment in the rain ... "

At that moment, there was a loud knock on the door, followed by a steady stream of smaller ones. Vinyl rolled her eyes, getting back up and opening it once more.

A pink mare jumped inside and tackle-hugged the unicorn, somehow dry despite the rain. "Hiya! The author said that they couldn't really describe a rave, so you're going to be playing at a party in Sugar Cube Corner! Of course, he's probably going to skip it in the next chapter, but that's to be expected! Anyways, there's going to be cider and cupcakes, and lots of party rocking!" She sat up, holding her hooves up in a pleading manner. "Please? It'll be lots and lots of fun!"

Vinyl considered this for a moment before breaking out in a smile. " ... who am I to say no to party rocking? I'd love to, Pinkie!" She grabbed her equipment and followed her friend, excited at what was going to happen next.


Yeah, so I had this ready for a while now. Like, five hours. ;P Don't worry, the second part of this chapter is important to the plot ... in a way.

Anyways, I'll have to skip the party. Sorry. ^^; But the next battle (which is also finished) should help make up for that! :3

Oh, and the song Vinyl's singing this time is "I Don't Want to Miss a Thing" by Aerosmith (or, in her world, Cloudsmith). Hope you enjoy!

T.G.I.F., am I right? :D

Enigma out.~

PreviousChapters Next