• Published 23rd May 2012
  • 31,510 Views, 7,518 Comments

Epic Rap Battles of MLP - enigmaMystere



a silly little thing the ponies in my head persuaded me to do.

  • ...
92
 7,518
 31,510

PreviousChapters Next
Rap Battle #18

A butter-yellow pegasus sat between two stallions, hiding behind her mane in her anxiety. It certainly didn't help that she couldn't tell what either one was thinking, as their faces were completely void of emotion. They have such amazing poker faces. I just wish that there wasn't so much tension in the air. She softly sighed, staring at the table in silence.

"Hey! Listen!"

They turned to the source of the sound, curious. What they saw was a gray mare walking past their table, a winged ball of light and an apparent living mushroom in tow. She was grumbling to herself about how she had entered the forest on the wrong side of town, sparing them only a quick glance as the motley crew went on their way.

"Hey! Hey! Listen! Hey!"

"SHUT UP! I DON'T CARE!"

Fluttershy blinked, unsure what to make of the scene. What is Octavia doing with those two ... creatures? I thought she was going to rescue Dinky?

A chuckle broke her out of her thoughts. Bringing her attention back to the two stallions, she saw them trying their best to hide their amusement. Then the walls broke. They broke out in hearty laughter, so infectious that Fluttershy, as well as everypony else in the diner, joined them in their merriment.

The white unicorn sighed, wiping a tear from his eye. “I haven’t laughed like that in a long time.” He turned to the other stallion, smiling genially. “I forgive you for calling my sister a whore. Especially since I know it’s not true.”

The farmer frowned, all joviality lost in an instant. “Ah told ya ‘fore, that wasn’t me.”

Shining stood up, leaning onto the table with a ‘don’t sass me’ look on his face. “I know what I heard. You learn quickly in the Royal Guard that acute hearing is vital.”

Before they could further their argument, the same gray mare ran past their table once more, a swarm of buzzing insects chasing her. “NO, NOT THE BEES!”

Fluttershy winced, remembering that Octavia was allergic to them. The stallions didn’t know though. Why else would they be laughing? She quickly stood up, placing Vinyl’s phone in her saddlebag. “Oh,” she turned to the other two, sheepishly grinning, “it was a tie. Sosorrygottagobye!” She rushed off after the musical earth pony, leaving behind the two stallions.

They stared at each other for a long time, neither one of them moving. Then, at the same moment, they reached a hoof out, shaking the other’s.

“Good job, Mac.”

“Eeyup. You, too.”


Vinyl walked down the street, sighing softly at the sun warming her coat. She had gotten to eat a sandwich for the first time since she got back, and this made her happy. She calmly sipped her lemonade, which float in the air in front of her, the tangy-

“I said no!”

She blinked, glancing around in confusion. Seeing nothing, she scratched her head. “...I’m not going insane, am I?” After deciding that nothing was as crazy as that human she met who wrote about her. She shrugged, continuing on her way.

“You! Yes, you!”

She spat out her lemonade as a bulky arm smacked her on the back. She barely kept herself from choking on the tart liquid, turning to glance at the stranger who interrupted her walk. She found herself facing a tall, bipedal being with horns on his head.

He nodded at her, pointing right between her eyes. “Iron Will has heard of your rap battles, and wants to have one against her.” She could hear the venom in his voice as he pointed at a nearby pony dressed in black, white and magenta.

Noticing them looking at her, she stood at attention. Vinyl just blinked, recoiling as the mare was suddenly in her face. “I, Photo Finish, want this minotaur to be my latest model!”

Iron Will rolled his eyes, snorting in annoyance. “Iron Will was fine with it until you decided to have him model feminine clothes.” He turned to Vinyl once more, a fire burning in his eyes. “Will you give us a rap battle?”

Vinyl looked between the two, unsure either of them would even stick to the agreement if they lost. Then again, I need the bits... She sighed, her hoof meeting her face for the umpteenth time this week. “Fine.”


The DJ found herself behind her turntables, watching as the two participants in front of her prepared for their battle. The minotaur had his own headset, so all she had to do was sync it with her system. The fashion mare, however, had one of her employees holding her mic for her. Chuckling at the absurdity of this situation, she turned on the music.

EPIC RAP BATTLES OF MLP!

VS.

BEGIN!

Every pony stop! Take a second and stare,
As I show this brute why I'm a fashionable mare!
Just look at him - dirty, hairy, no sense of fashion.
At least look presentable for your flank thrashin'!
Is it your passion to be assertive as can be?
How can you, when you backed down from a tree?
Like a camera, my flash of ryhmes will leave you confused.
Step back, because when I attack, you will lose!

Your flash is weak, you sad, overdressed mare.
I'll put on a show - go grab yourself a chair.
You use other ponies to model for your shots.
Is it because your age clearly shows on your plot?
I teach others to stand up for themselves!
You go about making them self-conscious shells.
Fashion means nothing in the real world.
Like a cloth, your raps are coming unfurled.

Oh? You dare call my style a cloth?
My fashion earns me bits! Your seminars do not.
If I were you, I would just stop this and go.
I mean, I would too, if a shy one told me No.
My slender body leave stallions wanting more,
Your muscles and ego are a goat's galore!
Now quit while you're ahead, you loudmouth Minotaur,
While I show these ponies why fashion's wunderbar!

So you finally admit that you sleep around?
I have a girlfriend, so I don't do that, you hound!
I've amassed a great fortune from the shy one's phrase
Enough bits to last all of Celestia's days!
You'd best back up if you want to keep your fur,
Because, right now, I feel like a monster!
What do you do when a mare's spoutin' out lies?
Give her a verbal beat down - make her cry!


WHO WON? WHO'S NEXT? YOU DECIDE!

EPIC RAP BATTLES OF MLP!


This pairing was chosen by two different people, neither one having been told what the other person had decided. So, in all honesty, this is a completely random rap battle. Thanks to gordobraveheart for his help with this rap battle (exactly half the lines are his), as well as the story part!

Remember, the Q&A chapter is coming up soon! Please send in your questions via private message, and your votes in comments! (You have no idea how hard it is to look in multiple places for votes!) Thank you!~

Has anyone else seen the latest rap battle? It was amazing!

Now, I'm off to slay dragons and build houses! FUS RO DAH!

...no, that's a lie. I have to study for two final exams this week. Wish me luck!

Have a nice day!

Enigma out.~

PreviousChapters Next