• Published 9th May 2015
  • 2,500 Views, 128 Comments

A New Dimension, A New Threat - ZeroChill



After Arceus's exodus, a pair of scientist twins and their allies find themselves stranded in an alien dimension as Pokemon. Uniting with the residents of a futuristic Equestria, they shall tackle a new threat.

  • ...
18
 128
 2,500

PreviousChapters Next
A Day For Nightmare Night

A lone hologram remained alit amidst a dark room with a lone couch. Its lights flashed towards the blue set of furniture, revealing Mono, Sophia, Lith, Fei and Stereo upon it. Rainbow Dash and Twilight Sparkle both lied down on their abdomens and held their jaws by their hooves. By the side of the couch stood a midnight black-coated thestral mare with a silver mane that glimmered from the little light in the room. Her orange eyes gazed at the hologram and a small smile formed on her face.

Black and white imagery displayed itself on the hologram, revealing a cream-coated earth pony stallion in a black suit and dickie being carried away by a horde of Equusians. Their soulless eyes resonated with milky emptiness, carrying the white-maned stallion on their backs up a set of stairs. With his eyes wide in panic and a flurry of squirming, the stallion screamed to the top of his lungs.

“H-help! Help me! Let me go!” He pleaded with desperation in his voice.

The Equusians marched forward with the stallion on their backs, deaf to his words. At the bottom of the stairs, a sickly-looking unicorn stallion with a pale white coat and a frizzled mane, tail and goatee looked up towards the stairs with a sinister stare emanating from his pitch white eyes. With a sudden jolt of his head, he shifted his gaze towards the camera.

Mono, who shook back and forth with an anxious quiver of his body, jolted upwards and closer to Sophia. With his teeth clenched and chattering, he embraced Sophia by her neck. Sophia shook her head, clicked her tongue and rubbed her head against Mono’s chest.

“A bit afraid there, aren’t you?” She called out with a sly tone.

“M-maybe a bit.” Mono responded with an uneasy voice.

Fei glanced towards his left and eyed Lith, who sat back and laid her head against his left arm. He stroked the left side of her face with his fingers, forming a gentle wave against her coat there. A small giggle erupted from Lith’s mouth and she smacked Fei’s fingers with her right upper paw.

“Come on, Fei; no need for some foreplay now.” She said.

“I was just trying to get your attention, mademoiselle. If you ever get scared, I’ll be here to protect you from the frightening zombies.” He whispered with a smooth tone.

Stereo stared at the movie with his attention span enraptured within its details. Rainbow Dash glanced behind her, seeing Stereo’s eyes empty to the likeness of the zombies’ eyes in the movie. She lifted her right front hoof towards Stereo’s face and waved it at a blurring speed. With a smug smirk on her face, she bumped her left front knee into Twilight Sparkle’s left side.

“Hey Twilight, get a load of Stereo here. I think he might have been turned into a zombie.” With a silent cackle, Rainbow Dash joked.

Twilight Sparkle raised her right front hoof to her lips and directed a shushing silence towards Rainbow Dash.

“The climax of the film is going to arrive at any second.” She uttered.

Within the realm of the movie, a magenta-coated earth pony stallion with a frizzled black mane walked down a spiral set of stairs towards the sinister unicorn that chased a violet-coated earth pony stallion with a sleek black mane. The former pony grappled the unicorn, pushing the two of them over a stone railing and plummeting into the shallow sea below.

The violet-coated earth pony walked over towards a white pegasus mare with a rosy pink mane, who wielded soulless eyes that stared into nothingness. He treaded his hooves along her shoulders, garnering her attention. The mare glanced towards him. Her stoic frown melted away into a smile, and her eyes rejuvenated with life. The mare and stallion both embrace each other, and the screen fades into a black one with the word ‘End’ written in cursive.

The thestral in the room clapped her hooves together, illuminating the room with a bright light. The start contrast of the lit-up room brought the upper limbs of everyone over their eyes.

“So… what did you think?” The thestral asked with a curious and solemn tone.

“Simply amazing, Scary Story!” Stereo complemented. “You definitely have an eye for cinematography, and the atmosphere brought chills down my spine!”

Scary Story tilted her head to the left and rubbed the back of her head with her left front hoof. A sheepish chuckle left her mouth.

“It means very much to see a connoisseur of the fine arts such as you say something like that. Thank you very much, Stereo.” She responded.

She glanced over towards Mono, whose knees shook with a tense fear. Lith glanced over towards him and slanted her eyes with an unamused frown on her face.

“The movie is over, Mono.” She said.

“I… I know. The eyes on that witch doctor chilled my soul, and I don’t think my heart can handle seeing much more mind control.” Mono responded.

“But… you are a psychic cat. Would it not be farfetched for you to control other being’s minds like Legendre?” Scary Story asked with an inquisitive grin.

A stroke of heat flashed through Mono’s mind. With warm sweat dripping down his face, he shook his head and his front paws.

“No! I don’t want to inflict mind control on anyone!” He shouted.

“You can always use mind control on me. I don’t mind being your little foxy slave.” Leaning herself towards Mono with slanted eyes and a seductive smile, Sophia responded with a lustful tone.

Feeling her right front foot rub against his chest, Mono’s dark blue coat radiated with a hot red color. His eyes stared forwards and his body remained stiff with anxiety, trying to register Sophia’s words in his mind. Lith, Fei, Sophia and Twilight Sparkle each laughed at his subsequent reaction. Rainbow Dash rolled her eyes.

“Oh get a room you two. I don’t want to hear any of that lovey-dovey mushy stuff that comes out of couples mouths. It was bad enough when I heard Lith made that foreplay comment.” She stated with an aggressive tone.

“I don’t mind that much. I think it is rather sweet for a couple to share their affections with each other.” With her eyes gazing towards the floor and her cheeks tinting with a slight red, Scary Story responded.

“So Scary Story, how long have you been writing and acting in movies for?” Stereo asked with a voice piquing with interest.

“Not too long. I’m fairly new to the film industry, but I’ve been working on perfecting the art of horror for a while now. Mainly, I wanted to make sure that I do not fall under the clichés that other modern horror films do.”

Twilight Sparkle stood up from the floor and glanced towards Scary Story with amused eyes. She levitated a sheet of paper with a series of check marks to the right side of her face.

“Based off of what I could tell, your craft in filmography is building up an unsettling atmosphere and assaulting the psychological condition of your viewers for fear factor. It is admirable, and I am glad to spend my Nightmare Night watching all of your films.”

“I will have to thank your sister-in-law for allowing me to host a movie marathon at H.O.R.S.E. for Nightmare Night. Commissioner Cadance seems like she is a very nice mare.” Scary Story replied.

Lith’s watch vibrated, unleashing three electronic rings. She touched it, bringing up a hologram of Rarity’s face. Rainbow Dash jolted up from the floor with a grin on her face and flew towards Lith’s side. In mid-flight, she grabbed Lith’s watch and shook it.

“Rarity! Are our Nightmare Night costumes ready?!” She shouted.

“Calm your equine spirit, Rainbow Dash. I have them ready in my office. You can feel free to collect them now.”

“Yes!”

Shouting with glee, Rainbow Dash pumped her right front hoof downwards and dashed towards the doorway and smashed herself against the metal door. She pried herself off the door. Seeing the door lift itself open, she her grin returned and she flew through the open way.

“Wow… Rainbow Dash tends to get very excitable for this holiday.” Fei noted.

“She acts like such a foal when Nightmare Night comes around. It allows her to dress up as her favorite heroes without seeming out of the norm.” Twilight Sparkle said. “Two years ago, she even went as Commander Spitfire! Complete with dyeing her colors to match her! Things got very confusing that Nightmare Night.”

“I’ve been meaning to ask, Twilight; how did Nightmare Night come to be?” Lith asked. “I thought the night was a sign of protection in this world.”

“There’s a funny story about that actually. Back a millennium ago; there were tales of ponies who denounced the night as being the hunting grounds of demons. They referred to Luna as ‘the patron Queen of Demons’ and were willing to attack her. Seeing this as an opportunity to have fun with her subjects, she took the guise of Nightmare Moon and terrified the ponies for the night.” Twilight Sparkle explained.

“So how was scaring the pebbles out of ponies exactly contribute to the creation of a holiday that everyone enjoys?” Stereo questioned.

Twilight Sparkle shrugged her shoulders and blinked.

“They say that the children at the time found this to be an enjoyable prank and wanted to participate in it as well, so they donned their own frightening costumes and created the first Nightmare Night.”

Scary Story looked up towards the ceiling with a longing gaze. She shut her eyes, brought her head down to its resting position and breathed out calm breezes from her nostrils.

“I remember when I was a filly during the times of Nightmare Night. My mother and I partook in the scaring of ponies and brought out many goodies. Good times.”

Mono stood up from the sofa and hopped down onto the floor.

“I would love to stay and chat about Nightmare Night, but Rarity has my costume ready from the sound of her message. She says that I will drop with excitement when I see it.”

Stating these words, Mono sprinted out of the room with a grin of child-like wonder on his face. Scary Story glanced towards the remainder of the group with a cheery grin on her face. She pulled out a movie cover that displayed a gray-coated stallion with his pupils petrified in fear and his mouth open with screaming. Grasping onto his body up to his shoulders is a many-tentacled being obscured by shadows. The being possessed glowing red eyes and a grin with rows of sharp teeth.

“So does anyone want to see ‘Fear of the Dark’ next?”


Rarity glanced towards Mono with an inquisitive hum and a judging eye. A navy blue jacket with white stripes and a white long-sleeved shirt that stretched down to his paws adorned themselves upon Mono’s torso. Cream-colored leggings wrapped around his legs and hips, but a space in the back allowed his tails unhindered movement. His lower paws are shelled with boots the same color as his leggings.

A metal gauntlet with an LED screen fit snugly over his upper left paw and a brown belt holstered the steel hilt of a sword. Around his neck is a white scarf folded into a triangle-style. A smile appeared on Rarity’s face and she nodded in approval.

“That samurai outfit for Nightmare Night looks marvelous on you, Mono.” She complimented.

“This… this is a samurai outfit? What kind of samurais do you even have here?!” Mono responded with disbelief ejecting from his voice.

“I read it in a book once. That’s all you need to know.”

Rarity glanced over towards a mannequin with a similar shape to Mono and Lith. A navy blue jacket and a cream top that shares the same style of Mono’s costume rested upon it. However, the top extended down into a skirt fashion and the leggings run halfway down the thighs rather than the entire legs. The boots spread up towards the knees and a metal gauntlet with an LED screen shaped itself around the left arm. A red scarf tied towards the front flashed itself around the mannequin’s neck.

“I am guessing that is Lith’s costume?” Mono asked.

“You guessed correctly.” Rarity answered. “When it comes to you two, I always keep the design scheme of your clothing very similar, as you two are twins. I find it adorable in that regard. You would also like how it does not hinder you in combat as well, just in case if that sort of situation ever comes up.”

Mono hopped down from podium and walked towards the door. He waved his paw towards Rarity.

“Thank you very much for the costume. I really like how it turned out.” He stated.

“I was happy to design it for you. I hope you have a wonderful Nightmare Night.”

Approaching a door that led to the hallway, Mono glanced down towards his gauntlet. With his curiosity peaked, he tapped on it. The screen lit up, revealing a menu arranged in cubes.

“So how did you get the screen to work?” He asked.

“I know some engineers here. I simply asked them to program it.” Rarity responded.

The door opened on its own, revealing a white-coated unicorn stallion in a black suit, white undershirt, yellow tie and dress horseshoes. His front ankles ended in white cuff links and black ink dyed the tips of his fetlocks. The stallion’s mane subdued itself with a dull blond and his eyes possessed a left blue iris and a red right iris. A mysterious smile formed on his face and directed itself towards Mono.

“Greetings, Son of Deus. My name is Morning Star. I sense an unimaginable potential for power within you. Will you allow me to use it to fight the enemy?” He said with a voice filled with charm.

Mono bore his teeth, went down onto all four legs and raised his tails in a domineering fashion. His fur shook at its ends and a dull growl that evolved into a sharp hiss shot towards Morning Star.

“Stand away from me… I know that you only wish to destroy my stability in life!” He stated. “Now… back away from me before I will make it so that you will never step in this city again.”

Rarity and ‘Morning Star’ shared a silent side glance. The both of them snickered under their breath, which exploded into full-blown laughter. Mono’s stance softened, and his right eye raised itself in confusion.

“What’s so funny?”

“I-It’s me, Blueblood! Costumed as Morning Star!” Rolling on the floor in laughter, Blueblood shouted. “You-You should have seen the look on your face!”

Mono glanced around the room and witnessed Rarity’s coat turning into purple from her laughter. Standing up from the ground, a slight blush and a frown made their way onto his face.

“Did… did I actually just…?”

“You did! You actually acted like a cat with his own life threatened by a foe!” Rarity shouted out.

“If I had known that you would act like this in the presence to someone even costumed as a demon, then I would have done this a very long time ago. It was rich!” Blueblood wheezed out.

“It couldn’t possibly have been that funny… could it?” Mono whispered out with a meek tone.

Rarity’s laughter calmed down into simple breaths. She closed her eyes, exhaled a deep breath and placed her right front hoof on her chest. She opened her eyes and glanced towards Mono with renewed composure.

“It was funny Mono. You made my day after that depressing mission a few days back. It was just so jarring to see you act like that, considering you are usually reserved and quiet.” She said.

“If you act like that Mono, then I cannot wait to see your reaction for when your future child will fall in love with a demon lord and possibly breed.” Blueblood stated.

“I never want to hear that joke come out of your mouth, Blueblood. It’s not funny.” Mono replied with a serious tone.

Blueblood shrugged his shoulders with shut eyes.

“A little bit too much I see. I’m still getting the hang of joking around with others. Oh well, I’ll be around on Nightmare Night. I guess I’ll go scare some adults then.”

Mono walked past Blueblood and stepped out of the room.


Mono stepped outside of the gates of the H.O.R.S.E. grounds and gazed into the sky. The sun set halfway across the sky, flashing a warm glow that the land basked in. The cool air brushed by his fur and a smile appeared on his face.

He saw As walking towards his right with a grimacing frown. A black witch’s hat with a white stripe wrapped around it sat on her head. Three sharp creases at the top of the hat lead to its tip being squared. Mono glanced onto her paws, where black shoes with outrageous curves at the frontal tips covered them. A silver brooch lied on As’s chest.

“Oh, hey As. What brings you out here tonight?” He asked.

“Oh, hello Mono. I am just waiting around for Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo to get costumed up for trick-or-treating.” As responded.

“I never knew you were good around children.” Mono replied.

As leaned towards Mono’s direction with a hair-raising stare and an unpleasant grit of her teeth.

“I’m not. I’m only doing this because the Civilian Division forced this task upon me. If I would have known that I need to do at least one civilian request a month, then I would not have been participating in all of those espionage assignments across the world.”

“Ouch. I know that feeling. I participated in an open show a while back because the Commissioner thought that I would look cute in a top hat, cuff links and cane.” Mono responded.

As’s eyes scanned Mono’s body with a glint of interest. A soft smile cracked along her face and an amused hum and purr escaped from her voice.

“Now that you mention it, you would look cute in a top hat, cuff links and a cane. That was a pleasing thought to ruminate on. Thank you for making my night a bit more bearable.” She stated. “But, speaking of clothing, what are you supposed to be?”

“Rarity says that this is the uniform of a samurai. I find it to be absurd, because I’ve seen how samurais look like. I’ve watched a show that depicted a samurai and his Eevee conquering a region and battling against a wicked rival. This looks nothing like the samurais on that show.”

“I see… well aren’t you curious as to what I am dressed up as?” As responded with a crafty smirk.

“A witch, right? I see the cute hat, shoes and brooch on you.” With a chipper grin on him, Mono answered.

“Would you say that it perfectly accentuates my assets?” Stretching her right front leg and smiling with a seductive aura, As questioned.

Mono’s body warmed up at the passing of her words and he felt the muscles in his body constrict upon themselves.

“As… I really am not looking forward to taking a cold shower right now. I’ll just say that your costume accentuates how you look.”

A small giggle found its way out of As’s mouth. She walked by Mono and lifted the tip of her tail to his nose.

“I caught you looking, Mono. Don’t worry, I won’t tell Sophia about that.” She said.

Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo stormed from the left of the street’s horizon with wide grins on their faces. As let out a frustrated sigh and frowned.

A violet pointed hat with pink frizzles sat upon, and a midnight purple cape wrapped itself around her neck. Scootaloo is adorned within a suit of orange feathers. Cream talons affixed themselves onto her hooves. Blue wings with purple membranes rested over Apple Bloom’s shoulders, and purple ears with a blue exterior hung itself over her head.

“We’re ready As!” Apple Bloom shouted. “Joker allowed us to choose our own quadruped costumes for tonight.”

As glanced towards Sweetie Belle with a curious eye. Sweetie Belle forced a smile and giggled with a nervous disposition.

“Is there a reason why you are dressed as a Mismagius, Sweetie Belle?” As asked.

“Well, I heard you were being a witch for Nightmare Night, so I asked Joker if there were any Pokémon that look like witches. Plus, I wanted to look a bit more grown-up.” Sweetie Belle responded.

“You do realize that your hat is covering your entire head, right? It’s an adult-sized costume.”

Sweetie Belle nodded with a chipper smile on her face. As rolled her eyes and sighed. She glanced towards Scootaloo, who wore the orange suit. She vocalized dissent and rolled her eyes to the right.

“Why are you in a Torchic suit, Scootaloo? Don’t you already have enough jokes about you as a small, tasty bird with limited flight capabilities as it is?”

“I’m not a chicken! I just… happen to like how this looks. Plus, I can use my talons. See?” Scratching the ground with her hind hooves, Scootaloo responded.

“That’s fine. At least the Zubat costume looks sensible on you, Apple Bloom. Are you out to catch the eyes of any colts? More specifically, Jetsteam Rush?” Raising her eye and bearing the ride side of her teeth with a grin, As questioned.

“Not really. I just like this.” Apple Bloom responded.

“Let’s just get this over with. Where should we go first?”

Scootaloo pointed down towards the street with her right front hoof, where a black tower covered in spines reached towards the top of the barrier. A black cloud that flashed with electricity hung towards its aether.

“I’ve always wanted to check out the ‘Tower of Ruined Childhoods’ on Nightmare Night. I hear that they offer the best candy up there.”

“Are you sure that’s a place for three young fillies to go out on Halloween? Why not go to a regular haunted attraction like every other foal?” As chided.

“Well, ‘Tower of Ruined Childhoods’ just sounds like an artifact title to scare away foals. But we aren’t scared. Who knows? Maybe we might even earn our Cutie Marks!” Sweetie Belle shouted.

Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle both grabbed As’s respective left and right paw. They dragged her down the street. Applebloom walked forward with the group. An apparition of confusion hung upon Mono.

“That is a scary tower.” He muttered to himself.


Lith walked along the halls of H.O.R.S.E. garbed in her samurai outfit. She placed her right upper paw onto the metal hilt holstered in her brown belt and glanced down upon the screen on the gauntlet. A smile of intrigue curved around her lips.

“This is some outfit Rarity made. I definitely feel like I could fight in this.” She mused.

Taking a right down the stairwell and stepping down the stairs, Lith caught a glimpse of Sophia with the corner of her right eye. Sophia’s coat sparkled with dust, lightening her colors. Her body covered itself from foot to neck with a scaly texture. Her cheeks flared up with orange paint and a green dot imbued itself on her forehead. A sheepish frown appeared on her face.

“Hey Sophia.” Lith stated.

Sophia shrieked and hopped backwards. She brought her right front foot onto her chest and breathed in and out in rapid increments.

“L-Lith! What are you doing here?” She asked with an accusatory tone.

“I’m just heading down into this cellar to see if I can charge my sword here. According to Rarity, this sword actually works! What are you doing down here?”

Sophia glanced towards her left and right. She let out a fearful sigh and leaned in towards Lith’s face.

“Do you promise not to tell anyone, Lith?” She asked.

“Even Mono?”

Especially not Mono. Just… don’t tell anyone!”

Lith shrugged her shoulders and sat her posterior on the lowest step.

“I would not tell anyone. You have my word.”

“Alright. You see, I’m… errr, well… ovulating.” With a sheepish frown and a blush breaking through the paint on her face, Sophia revealed.

“Was that why you are being very clingy to my brother today?” Lith asked.

“Yes. I mean, have you seen just how gorgeous he looks in the right lighting?! His deep stare, his lithe body, his enigmatic tone and his potential to grow… it makes my body quiver with delight!” Sophia shrieked with a gossipy tone.

Lith’s eyes shot open at the sound of Sophia’s words.

“That was a bit… more than I would have liked to know. So are you embarrassed of showing yourself around him then?”

Sophia rushed towards Lith and closed the distance between them. Her eyes hovered close towards Lith’s eyes. She shunned her face away from her and shuttered with anxiety present in her body language.

“I typically enter into a cycle of ovulation like any other female, but they were manageable for a time. But after engaging in some very heated action with Mono about a month ago, my body wants me to get rutted by him with gritty and animalistic action!” She spoke out with a passionate and desperate tone. “But… I don’t want to! At least not yet. We’ve only been officially together for a small while and I think it’s a bit too soon to go into activity like that.”

Lith stood up from the step and walked towards Sophia. She patted the portion of Sophia’s vertebrae between her shoulders.

“I could definitely see your dilemma here. Obviously, it would not be the best time for Mono to make me an aunt. We still are fighting in a war, and pregnancy can be very hindering for you, Mono and everyone involved with your lives.”

“Lith, can you tell me how to curb my voracious appetite for your brother? It’s been killing me all day.” Sophia asked.

“Do what I do and write about it in a special journal. Materialize all of those juicy and sexy thoughts into words and pleasure yourself with those fantasies. Just don’t let a certain Krookodile get a hold of them or else she will blab those to everyone in the next girl’s night out.” Lith instructed. “You know how to write, right?”

Sophia smiled, shut her eyes with a proud huff of her chest and beat the front of her torso with her left front leg once.

“I know how to read, write and do arithmetic. Fei even said that I am really good at them. I’ll be sure to make sure Gnasher doesn’t get a hold of it.”

Lith lowered herself onto her knees and examined Sophia’s face.

“Are you supposed to be a dragon, Sophia?”

Sophia nodded, turned towards Lith’s direction and smiled.

“Longma, but close enough!”

Shouting this, she swung her frontal legs in a slashing motion and bore her teeth, revealing sharpened fangs in her mouth. She uttered a playful roar.

“Where did you get the teeth?” Lith asked.

“They were fangs found in the wild creatures that were killed for supplies. They were disinfected and hollowed out. Isn’t that cool?”

Lith rolled her eyes and flashed a solid smirk.

“It looks cute on you. I like the scale design on your fur.”

“Thanks! An effects artist did this for me, though I had to pay out of my pockets for that one.” Sophia replied. “Anyways, I really appreciated talking to you. Now I feel ready to head out to the costume party at the night club.” Sophia answered with a relieved tone.

She hopped up the stairs with renewed vigor in the spring of her steps. Lith glanced down towards her sword in the scabbard of the belt. Patting the hilt of her blade, a confident smirk appeared on her face.

“Now it’s time to charge you and test you out.”


Saturn hovered around the entrance of a dome-shaped building whose exterior made itself of jet black metal. His brown body tinted itself with a pale shade of grade and his body phased back and forth between the dimensional boundaries of the world. Wrapped around his arms are chains, which withered and rusted away towards the end of his hands. His ears tuned into the reverberations of high-energy techno music from within the walls of the building.

His eyes widened and his body stiffened upwards. He floated towards the alleyway to the right and peaked over the corner. With his sharp eyes, he detected Mono walking down the street without any foresight on his existence. Saturn chuckled and disappeared from his current position.

Mono stared forwards with a gleeful and ignorant smile on his face. Taking his steps forwards, a chill ran down his spine. He stopped and looked around the immediate vicinity of the street. He smiled once more and took a step forwards. Saturn warped in front of him and held his arms out with sullen eyes.

“Boo!”

Mono screamed and leaped backwards, falling onto his posterior. He brought his right upper paw to the area of his chest where his heart is and breathed in and out with deep force. He flashed an angry stare towards the apparition in front of him.

“Saturn! What was that for?!” He shouted.

“What? Could I not get a good scare in for Nightmare Night? This should be expected you know.”

Saying these words, Saturn grasped Mono’s right upper paw with his right hand and lifted him off of the ground. Standing up once more, Mono dusted his outfit of any potential dirt. He glanced towards Saturn with a tranquil smile.

“I should have guessed. So are you headed out towards the night club too?”

“Me? No, I’m just stalking around this street ready to scare the bejeebers of any victim unfortunate enough to walk my path.” Saturn responded. “Though, I find it unusual how you are heading out to the night club by yourself. You don’t strike me as the type of Pokémon who would enjoy going to social gatherings with loud noise and flashing lights.”

“Well… my friends and family are going to be going there, since there is a big event. Plus… I’ve always kind of wanted to dance with Sophia.” With a small blush into his second sentence, Mono stated.

Saturn’s eyes widened with an aroused lift of his eyelids. He motioned a sweeping turn of his neck with a motion slower than a snail.

“Oooooohhhhhh my. Mono, do you really believe that your mind would be able to handle dancing with her after… that thing you did with her?”

“…Why are you saying that?” Mono asked with an unsure tone.

“Well, the thing is that your mind seems like it is on the fritz as of late. You have been showing signs of mental strain and irritation, and all of it seems to gravitate towards that Sylveon who you are involved with.” Saturn explained.

“So?”

“My sensors indicate that you want to tap that… badly.”

Mono’s eyes jolted open and he shook his paws with a sporadic motion. An anxious frown opened over his mouth.

“No! You got that wrong! What sort of messages is my body sending that makes you say that?!” He shouted.

“Let’s see; heightened body temperatures, paws with excessive perspiration, increased heart rate, blood flowing into some very personal areas… you definitely want to fornicate with that individual.” Saturn stated with an analytical tone.

“Saturn, please do not make this any harder on me than it needs to be.” Mono uttered out with his timid nature rising into his voice. “Yes, it is becoming increasingly harder to handle my lustful emotions for her. Even if she is my girlfriend, I want to wait until I am ready. But… why does she have to be so cute and very intelligent with how she hits on me?! It’s just so… so…”

“Confusing?”

“Yes! It’s really confusing.”

Mono walked towards the curb and sat upon it. He rubbed his temples with his upper paws and looked towards the ground. Saturn hovered towards Mono and patted his back.

“Do not feel bad about it, Mono. I glanced into your mind when I saw that Lith had previously told you that it is perfectly normal to feel this way. As the only member of the Diamonds to have an actual gender, I understand what you are going through. Just try to relax and cool down, alright?”

“I guess.” Mono stated. He looked towards Saturn with a shade of a smile creeping along his face. “Thank you for talking with me about this. I am feeling a bit better now.”

Though Saturn had no mouth, his facial expression mimicked a smile on his face. He pulled out a black domino mask from thin air and handed it to Mono.

“I bought this a few days ago. Though it may not help with your masquerade, I think that you might look a bit more dashing in this mask.”

Mono took the mask and gazed at it with a curious hum.

“You know that I will not be wearing this to the club, right?” He asked.

“Just do it.” Saturn responded with an annoyed tone.


Colorful neon spotlights and serrated lights filled the interior of the club building. Equusians chatted and sat along tables throughout the plush floor. Meanwhile, the Equusians on the black floor danced and stepped along with energetic movement. Fast-paced techno pulsed from the giant stereos by a turntable manned by a white-coated unicorn mare with an electric blue mane and violet shades. An eccentric grin possessed her face.

Mono entered the club floor with the domino mask over his face. He glanced towards the Equusians garbed in colorful and enigmatic costumes. Unable to tell who is who, a small form frowned on his face. He glanced above the railings towards the second floor, where the uncostumed Equusians dressed up in flowing and sparkling garbs chatted with jovial noise. His shoulders rose and his body quivered with anxiety.

“I should not have come here early.” He muttered to himself.

“Hey Mono.”

He glanced towards his left side, scanning it to locate the source of the voice. A familiar cyan pegasus mare garbed in a black coat-tight jumpsuit, white boots, torso and black-shaded helmet with a golden badge that displayed an eagle on the headgear appeared by Mono’s side.

“Is that you, Rainbow Dash?” Mono asked. “That is an unusual costume you have there.”

Rainbow Dash brought her right front hoof onto a button at the side of her helmet. The shades retracted back into the helmet, displaying her magenta eyes. A soothed smile appeared on Mono’s face.

“You like it? I wanted Rarity to make this particular costume after a certain character from a game I really like. What are you doing here so early? The group isn’t going to be coming here for another half hour.” Rainbow Dash asked.

“I thought I would get a half-hour lead on everyone here. It would give me incentive to study the place in its prime hours so I would know what to expect. But…”

Rainbow Dash’s eyes picked up on the movement of Mono’s head away from her. His eyes drifted away from the center and a small frown appeared on his face. Rainbow Dash smiled brought her right front hoof around Mono’s shoulders.

“I understand. If you wanted to know why I am here so early, I expected you to arrive early as well. So, in order to beat the early bird, I have to be even more of an early bird. That way, I can greet the early bird with my early bird presence.” She stated.

“You said ‘early bird’ four times and said the word ‘early’ six times.” Mono noted. “But, I do appreciate you looking after me.” He stated with a smile forming on his face.

“What are friends for anyways? I think it’s kind of cool that you are starting to go to more places by yourself on your own word anyways.” Rainbow Dash noted. “So, want to dance?”

“Sure!”


Walking down towards the street to the club, Lith faced Fei’s direction with a cheerful smile. Garbed in a yellow robe that hung down from his right shoulder and another orange robe tied around his waist, Fei returned Lith’s smile with a coy smile of his own. A blue arrow printed itself on the top of his head.

“Do you like my outfit, Lith?” He asked with a soft tone.

“I do. But what’s with the tattoo on your head?” Pointing to his head, Lith questioned.

“This? It is just a wash-away tattoo that binds surprisingly well to my fur. It would look fitting with this outfit I think.”

“So you are going as a monk and I am going as a samurai then? Quite the odd duality of costumes.”

“Well, you know. I’ve always wanted to dress like a monk, since it reminds me of my home region of Johto.” Fei responded. “I just hope no one at the club would look at me funny for wearing this.”

“I doubt it. The both of us already look strange because we are creatures different to their eyes.”

Saturn warped in front of Fei and Lith and held out both of his arms. With his chains striking against each other, he let out a shrill shout. On instinct, Lith pulled out a blue blade from her scabbard and pointed its electric-infused metal towards Saturn. Saturn’s flesh became cold at the sight of the blade and his heart stopped at Lith’s indignant stare.

“Oh Arceus! Please don’t kill me!” He shouted.

A confident smile curved along Lith’s mouth. She brought her sword back into her sheath and focused her sights on Saturn.

“Scaring others for Nightmare Night, eh Saturn? I appreciate your commitment to the holiday, but you should probably work on different scare tactics for different beings. If I didn’t know who you were, then I would have just hacked you on the spot.” She explained.

Saturn’s stance faltered and he hung his head low. An exhale of relief and disappointment pushed itself through his orifices.

“Well… you have quite the blade there. In fact, why are you even garbed in the same way as Mono?”

Lith shrugged her shoulders and looked up towards the pulsating barrier above her. She glanced towards Saturn with a calmed grin that creased into her face.

“I guess that it’s because we are very comparable with each other. We are both twins, but are almost complete opposites. It is almost as if we are like yin and yang.”

“I see the dynamic between you two there. And, I must agree with that logic. Speaking of Mono, he is already inside of the establishment of energetic dancing to electric music.”

Lith’s eyes widened and her jaw dropped. Her mind passed through a shock, but her muscles loosened up and a smile came upon her face. Fei raised his hands and shook his head with a close-eyed smile on his face.

“It seems to me that he went ahead to check out the club. Well, you know what that means.” Opening his eyes and grabbing Lith’s right upper paw with his right hand, he stated.

He whisked her away with minimal effort in his tug.

“Hold your Ponytas, Fei. We’re going to be there.” Lith responded with a good natured smile.

“What? And miss seeing your brother dance? I don’t think so.”

Saturn glanced towards the Pokémon couple swing their way through the clubs entrance. The two leaped over the black-painted stairs with minimal effort. A soft sigh uttered itself from his mouth.

“Such an interesting species they are. Selena would write many stories about how those two go about.”

Author's Note:

So several things I would like to say here:

1) I would like to thank Warrior_Princess for allowing me the use of her OC Scary Story. I felt that she added a good amount of depth to this chapter.

2) This is only part one of the (very late) Halloween special I am doing. Part 2 should be posted next Sunday or less.

3) Can you all guess who all of the characters are dressed up as?

PreviousChapters Next