• Published 9th May 2015
  • 2,496 Views, 128 Comments

A New Dimension, A New Threat - ZeroChill



After Arceus's exodus, a pair of scientist twins and their allies find themselves stranded in an alien dimension as Pokemon. Uniting with the residents of a futuristic Equestria, they shall tackle a new threat.

  • ...
18
 128
 2,496

PreviousChapters Next
Dark Revelations

Stepping through the gate, Spitfire opened her eyes. Her jaw hung low and silence rung from her voice at what she saw; the sky illuminated with a dark violet field of electricity. The land before her was a dull gray landscape. Structures everywhere lied on the ground and were decimated. The ruins of a walled city sat upon a dead hill.

Mono, Lith, Keldeo, Fei, Professor Gentian and Tesla emerged from the other side of the portal. Their eyes were locked into widened shock. Keldeo’s ankles slumped over the sight.

“This was… my universe?” He voiced out with disbelief haunting his voice.

“There is destruction, then there is annihilation… then there’s this.” Professor Gentian said. “Destruction such as this could only ever be shown within the scriptures of Arceus. Such apocalyptic force.”

Looking upon the destroyed land, a light flashed before Keldeo’s eyes. Within that light, images of a city of crystals upon a green hill underneath the azure sky cycled through his head. Images of three tall horned quadrupeds, one blue, one green and one gray and brown, made its way into his mind. Then, a storm of fires engulfed the city and a white quadruped lied upon a plateau with its body scarred beyond repair and its eyes dimming down to a close.

Keldeo’s head became engulfed with a burning pain. His brain teetered beyond the point of exploding. He grabbed his head and closed his eyes, screaming in agony. Spitfire shifted her view towards his direction and dashed by his side.

“Keldeo! What’s wrong?!” She called.

“My head! It feels like it’s about to explode! Where is everyone?!” Keldeo shouted.

Mono, Lith and Fei ran by Keldeo’s side and appeared in his sight of vision.

“We’re right here, Keldeo. We’re by your side. Just relax and take a few breaths.” Mono said.

Keldeo inhaled through his nostrils and exhaled. His mind relaxed and the intense light vanished. He rubbed his head with his eyes drooping in weariness.

“What happened there?” Lith asked. “It looked like something terrible was going to happen.”

“I saw… memories. I saw a blue goat, a green antelope, a brown bovine. Then, I saw the flames of destruction and something dying before my eyes. It was horrible and I think I personally know them.” Keldeo explained.

“You could be talking about the other members of the Swords of Justice, but what about that last being? The one that is dying?” Professor Gentian asked.

“I don’t know, but I think that memory was left vague for a reason. All I know is that a lot of the denizens I have known and valued here are dead. They’re all dead along with this land, and there’s no use in trying to get them back.”

“We can focus on that later. But now, we have to capture a terrorist. Professor, since you are a Shiftry, what can you tell us about their abilities?” Spitfire requested.

“Shiftry is a Dark and Grass-type Pokémon, meaning that our Psychic-type, Water-type, Electric-type and Dark-type moves are either ineffective or not very effective. However, they’re weak against Fighting-type and Fire-type moves. Ultimately, you have to know how to approach it from different distances. They can hurt you up-close and far away.” Professor Gentian revealed.

“This Shiftry has shown signs of evasiveness, but it will never get away from my Magnet Bomb.” Tesla stated with a resolute tone.

“Everyone ready to take out a criminal?” Lith asked, pumping her upper right paw.


The group walked up a set of eroded stairs that snaked its way towards the top of the hill. Walking under a crumbling arch, their eyes peered towards the shards of buildings formed out of crystals lying on the ground and impact craters along the street. Mono’s tails lowered and a frown cracked on his lips.

“Countless millenniums of work must have been made to build this city. This must have been an important hub place for Pokémon before the end.”

“This was the capital city of the world known as Kurisutaru.” Keldeo revealed with a somber voice. “From what my memories tell me, this was the city of my birth.”

Lith kneeled down to her knees and scooped a paw full of dust. It settled in her hand with no wind disturbing it. A gust of wind blew it off, scattering it into the air.

“Strange. There’s no wind but a gust just happened to blow this wind.”

Shadow phantasms dropped behind Lith. The figure raised its leaf fan towards Lith. Professor Gentian narrowed his eyes and blocked the strike with his fan. Lith turned back, seeing a Shiftry by Gentian’s side.

“Leave this Shiftry to me, Lith.” Professor Gentian declared, swinging his right foot at a low height towards the Shiftry’s groin. The Shiftry faded in a dark fog.

Seven more Shiftry dropped down from the sky, surrounding the group in a circle and staring death into their eyes. The central Shiftry pointed its fan towards the group. Keldeo stepped forwards with a determined gaze fixated on it.

“So you must be the criminal who was behind the attacks of Neo Canterlot. What do you have to say for yourself?!” He declared.

“You traitorous scum! You have abandoned my universe and left it to die.” The Shiftry stated. “As a guardian of our kind, only death is suitable for someone such as yourself.”

“Listen to yourself, Shiftry; you’ve let the destruction of our universe turn you into something you aren’t. You may be a troublemaker, but you were never malicious about it. What even gave you the idea to attack innocents in our universe?”

“Implying that it was a universe you belong to anyways? You truly have abandoned us, Keldeo. Where were you when our kind was screaming at the fiery meteors that landed upon here? Where were you when millions of Pokémon died from the sudden explosion? You are a disgrace to your heritage.”

Keldeo’s shoulders faltered and a wave of weakness overcame him. He took two steps back and frowned.

“But… it’s not my fault. If I could fight it, I would. But…”

“But what?! You were the hope of our planet and you left it to die. The spirits of your parents and everyone you ever cared about in this dimension all scream out in agony because you let them down!”

“Shut up.” Fei declared, catching Shiftry’s attention. “Just shut up. What do you know? There wasn’t much he could do because he was still just a child when it happened. But, because you are a miserable survivor who is angry with his lot in life, you wanted to shift the blame to someone who doesn’t share that misery. You are lower than scum, attacking a blameless fellow Pokémon. You should be ashamed of yourself.”

The Shiftry sprinted towards Fei’s direction and raised its fan towards his skull. Fei placed his left leg back into the ground and blocked it with his right fingers. His left palm radiated with a blue energy. He struck the Shiftry in its chest, knocking the wind out of it and blasting it towards the ground. The Shiftry disappeared.

A Shiftry appeared from the shadows underneath Fei. Fei’s left eye peered towards its direction and widened. The Shiftry rushed at Fei with its fan surrounded by white streaks. The fan struck Fei, sending him flying off of his feet and into a worn-down structure.

“Fei!” Lith screamed, running towards Fei’s direction.

A Shiftry dropped in front of Lith and smacked her with its fan, knocking off the gauntlet on her paw.

“Don’t you get it? You stumbled onto the wrong Pokémon to face. Embracing this darkness within my heart, you are hopelessly outnumbered and outmatched in power!”

“Looks like I have to even the odds.” Mono stated.

Images of Mono spread throughout the area, outnumbering the number of Shiftry by seven times. Each of the Shiftry smirked.

“So you seem to be skilled in Double Team as well I see. But, considering how limited your offensive movepool is, I doubt you have the guts to take me on in a straightforward fight.”

“It’s a good thing I have this gauntlet then.” Each of the images of Mono said, flashing the gauntlet in their left paws.

Mono and his clones slammed the cruxes of their gauntlets to the ground. Spouts of fire shot towards the Shiftry at all direction. They dodged the fires, splitting into a number of clones that equaled to the number of the Mono clones plus the group.

“A nice attempt, but it was nowhere near good enough.” A Shiftry said behind Mono.

The Shiftry swung its Knock Off towards Mono, which vanished within smoke. Mono shot a Fire Pledge towards the Shiftry’s direction, expelling the clone from the area.

Lith pushed herself up from the ground and gritted her teeth. She rushed towards her gauntlet at the ground and slid it over her left paw. Punching the ground, a spout of water collided with Mono’s Fire Pledge. A rainbow erupted from the steam generated from the two Pledge moves, shimmering down on the group.

“Why did a rainbow appear here?” Spitfire asked, holding out her hoof and touching the particles of water descending towards the ground.

“Pledge moves have interesting effects when used together. In this case, using Water Pledge and Fire Pledge together causes a rainbow, which doubles the probability of secondary effects taking place.” Professor Gentian explained.

Fei leaped from the rubble of the building and struck a random Shiftry in the chest with a Focus Palm, causing it to disappear.

With her body flashing, Lith shot a Psycho Fire towards the group of Shiftry, enveloping them all with their fire and causing all the clones to disappear. The lone Shiftry stood on its knee and brought its fan towards its burn mark.

“Not bad. I honestly didn’t expect moves from Pokémon that are not of this dimension.” It said. “But don’t think that I’ll go down with just a burn.”

The Shiftry opened its mouth and leaped into the air. A flurry of shimmering seeds rained down towards Mono, Lith and Fei and exploding on contact. The Shiftry disappeared from his spot and appeared from their backs, whacking its fan against the back of their heads. Lith’s eyes widened from the blow. She collapsed onto the ground.

“Lith!” Mono and Fei announced.

The Shiftry smirked and stabbed at Fei with its Aerial Ace. Fei fell down onto the ground, groaning and closing his eyes. Mono glanced to his right and saw a Shiftry phase into existence before him. It fired a Seed Bomb from its mouth at point blank range. Mono screamed, feeling the exploding rounds pelt his body to the point of unconsciousness.

“Seriously, is that the best you three can do? I fought tougher threats when navigating Purgatorium.”

Keldeo bore his teeth and sprinted forward. His horn fleshed out into his Sacred Sword and he dashed towards the Shiftry. The Shiftry blocked with its left fan. Both limbs shook with force applied against each other.

“Your cruelty ends here. You may not know, but you made a personal enemy with me by attacking my best friends like that.” Keldeo said with his sword still locked in combat.

“So your weakness shows, guardian of our kind. You let all of these attachments to the new world blind you to your home world? I see that I was wrong for thinking highly of you.” The Shiftry said, kicking Keldeo’s chest and knocking him back.

Keldeo flipped back onto his hooves and leaped into the air. He aimed his right front hoof towards the Shiftry. A blast of water fired out of it, striking the Wicked Pokémon. Keldeo’s body became cloaked in a barrier of water. With its propulsion, he dashed towards the Shiftry with a heated gaze.

The Shiftry blocked the collision with its fans. Keldeo burst out of the Aqua Jet and rolled to his right. His horn lit up with a dark blue aura, causing his body to vanish within the darkness. The Shiftry growled and leaped towards a shadow on the ground, smacking the direction of the air with its Aerial Ace.

Keldeo’s invisibility disappeared and the Shiftry’s fan struck just below his rib cage. His eyes widened to the point where his eyeballs could fall out and his tongue tried running away from his body. Keldeo soared through the air and struck a wall. Keldeo limped out of the wall, pressing his right front hoof against his blackened ribs.

“That hurt… more than it should have.” He noted.

The Shiftry leaped down towards him and patted his face with a malicious grin.

“I’ll admit that I was holding back a bit when fighting against your so-called friends. Out of the group, you are my real target. I will make you feel all of the pain and misery I had to endure!”

Saying these words, it launched another blast of Bullet Seed at point blank range, blasting Keldeo towards the wall.

Spitfire growled and stared at the Shiftry with raging eyes. She unsheathed the photon sword around her right front gauntlet and flew towards the Shiftry’s position. A clone of the Shiftry appeared in front of her and its fan swung at a horizontal arc.

Spitfire took a sharp turn upwards and dove at a thirty degree angle towards the Shiftry clone, swinging her saber to the point where a barrier of light surrounded her. She shattered the barrier of photon and stabbed the clone through the chest, causing it to disappear.

The Shiftry flashed a stoic stare towards Spitfire’s direction. Spitfire landed on the ground and pointed her sword towards its direction.

“Game over. You’ve terrorized Neo Canterlot and my team long enough. I’ll give you one second to go down on your knees and surrender.” She demanded.

The Shiftry ran up-close to Spitfire’s face and smirked.

“And what if I don’t?”

Spitfire rolled her eyes and swept her hind right leg underneath the Shiftry’s feet. She reared her blade towards the head of the Shiftry. The Shiftry spun, surrounding itself within a pocket of air. The winds blew Spitfire backwards.

“So based on your appearance being similar to those weaklings I’ve fought, I assume you are a natural-born from that dimension.” The Shiftry said. “A world like that harboring weak fools has no point in existing in this space.”

Spitfire gritted her teeth and dashed through the air, screaming and bringing down her blade. The Shiftry kicked away the direction of Spitfire’s hoof. Spitfire growled and swung her sword at a flurry.

“You know nothing about the strength of us Equusians! We’ve been engaged in war with each other since the beginning of the annals of time! Even after we finally achieved peace, we still are in war. Hundreds die every day by the hands of the enemy, wanting to break our spirit!” Spitfire called out, swinging her sword with every two words that passed through her mouth.

The Shiftry dodged each strike, smirking with every movement.

“You call that ‘spirit’?! You should have seen their faces when I stared them in the eye. I could smell the fear in their breaths when they saw my face. Why does such a kind exist to live when my strong-willed kind were forced to the brink of extinction? Why?!”

“Because they were born in a world of strife!” Professor Gentian shouted, leaping from above the Shiftry and kicking his groin. “But against the odds.” Saying this, he shot a Seed Bomb from his mouth that blasted the Shiftry towards the edge of the wall. “They choose to fight!”

He swung both of his fans in slicing arcs, shattering the air with a torrent of fierce winds. The Shiftry held both of its fans in front of it in defense, groaning from the wind that tore it apart.

Tesla levitated itself through the hurricane. Its body crackled with blue electricity and a blue orb formed in its magnet. It fired the orb towards the Shiftry, igniting upon impact. The Shiftry lied down on the floor face first. It pushed itself off the ground, straining its voice while getting up. It brought its left fan towards the burn on its chest.

Mono, Lith, Fei and Keldeo limped towards the downed Shiftry with scrapes and bruising along their bodies. The Shiftry growled.

“What are you waiting for? Aren’t you going to finish me off?!” It shouted in a prideful tone.

Spitfire pointed her saber towards the Shiftry to the point where its nose touched the laser.

“With what you have done to us, we could just mow you down like the criminal you are. After all, we don’t have the time or luxury to give mercy to a being from a different dimension who is hostile to our kind. But… I don’t feel angry at you.” She said with tranquil fury brimming in her voice.

“Not angry?” The Shiftry asked with a lighter tone.

“No. I feel pitiful for the kind of thing you have become. Rather than progressing through your life to make it better amidst the turmoil surrounding it, you threw an angry tantrum for your current circumstances and lashed out against innocent beings.”

Saying these words, Spitfire’s saber retracted back into her gauntlet. She turned around and maintained her stone-hard face. The Shiftry gritted its teeth to cracking under pressure. It dashed forwards and raised its fan.

“Do not turn your back on me!”

Keldeo pushed Spitfire away from the trajectory of the Knock Off. The Shiftry’s eyes widened and a sudden burst of gagging erupted from its mouth. Keldeo pierced through the Shiftry’s chest with his Sacred Sword. The energy from the move retracted back into his horn. The Shiftry then dropped onto the ground without a movement in its body left.

“Fighting like a coward is how you go down then? You could have accepted your fate and lived on, but you chose to demean your own skill and power into using such dirty tactics. You deserved to die along with the countless others that have perished with this universe.” Keldeo said with a cold tone in his voice.

“Keldeo!” Lith shouted with a tone drenched in surprise. “How could you say that?”

Keldeo shook his head and glanced towards Lith.

“Throughout our encounter, all he did was spout on about how we were cowards running away from our fate when it was he who was doing so. He berated me for running away from my kind. My memory is still vague, but I know for a fact that what he did was disgraceful to the dead of my kind.”

Spitfire shook her head and clicked her tongue.

“A warrior who threw away his honor for the sake of anger and revenge… pathetic.”

The device within Mono’s uniform vibrated. He pulled it out, seeing it flash to life.

“It seems that this device recorded this world’s code. Does that mean we can come back here at any time without the need of Purgatorium?”

“Yes. It’s a nifty feature I designed within the memory system as a way of giving us shortcuts. But for now, we are done. We still have to go back home and tell the council of our findings.” Professor Gentian stated.

“When I first came onto that planet, I felt like a fish out of temporal water. But now… it really does feel like home.” Fei commented. “I really want to go home.”

“This place is no longer my home, so I have to agree. Let’s go back to Neo Canterlot.” Keldeo requested.


Mono sat on a bench with his left cheek and back of head adhered with a square-shaped bandage. His chest is wrapped around in bandages. Beside him sat Sophia, grinning with closed eyes. Within Mono’s lap was a yellow bowl filled with a warm and orange broth inside. His lips quivered with anxiety.

“So what did you say this was again, Sophia?” He asked, pulling up the spoon and dripping the liquid into the bowl.

“It’s a nice and warm soup for that ailing body of yours. Don’t be afraid; it’s nothing spicy.” Sophia responded.

Mono smiled and dipped the spoon into the broth and brought it to his lips. His eyes lit up with joy.

“It’s delicious. I didn’t know you could cook this well.” He complimented.

“It’s a bit of a skill I picked up from this city. Fei was never good at cooking, so I had to learn. Hearing your reaction, it seems like I got the proper balance of carrot juice and aubergine.” Sophia explained.

“I’m still very curious as to why you made this soup just for me. My sister, Fei and Keldeo are in just as bad of a shape as I am.” Mono said with a confused tone.

Sophia scowled and slapped Mono across the left side of his face with her right front paw. Mono spat out the soup in his mouth and rushed his upper left paw to his cheek.

“Gah! That… still hasn’t recovered yet.”

“Are you really that dense, Mono?! I’m worried about you the most!” Sophia shouted. She ran up towards Mono and wrapped her front paws around his shoulders. “Even in your new and physically-stronger body, you still lack the others’ stamina! You could have died in that world… and I don’t want to lose you.”

Mono raised his eye with a curious glance.

“I’m worried about you too, but you don’t see me going around and slapping you.”

“Just look at yourself! You’ve already been injured or hurt in some way more times than anyone else on the team and… and…”

Tears welled up within Sophia’s eyes. She dunked her face within Mono’s shoulder and wailed.

“Sophia?” Mono asked.

“You are the one that understands that I’m not just a cute face, Mono. You are the first one who has literally taken the time to understand me and my feelings. You’re very special to me and losing you would be devastating. When I heard that you were going to catch that criminal, I grew afraid. Next time, please make sure to keep safe and not get hit.” Sophia pleaded.

“Sophia… all this time, you expressed this worry for me?” Mono questioned.

Sophia nodded with a frown on her face. A small smile made its way on Mono’s face. He wrapped his upper paws around Sophia’s body and hugged her.

“I promise that I won’t worry you like that again. Is there any way that I could make this up to you?” He whispered into her ear.

A wicked grin appeared on Sophia’s face.


“Not too hard. Not too hard!” Keldeo, who lied down on his side upon a bed, screamed when Rarity rubbed her hooves along his bruised ribcage with a mint green cream on her hooves.

“Relax, my Mystic Swordsman. I knew that something bad like this would happen to you, so I ventured out into the Everfree Forest and asked Zecora to make a healing ointment for you.” Rarity explained.

“Thank you again for caring for me, my Sparkling Princess. I really did not feel like ending up in the infirmary like Fei.” Keldeo sighed out.

“It’s not a problem at all. I do have to take good care of my coltfriend now, right? Besides, I heard from Spitfire about the entire situation. It seems like you are getting closer to discovering exactly what you are, and there’s two new Pokémon working at H.O.R.S.E.”

Rarity sealed the bag of the ointment and draped a rag over the bruise. She wiped off her hoof with a spare rag and sat by the edge of the bed. She passed her right front hoof through Keldeo’s mane, stroking it with a gentle speed.

“You know, Rarity, I killed someone today.” Keldeo said with a somber tone.

“That doesn’t sound like something you would do. Can I ask about the trigger?” Rarity asked.

“That Shiftry tried to kill Commander Spitfire when her guard was down. I pushed her out of the way and… I stabbed through the Pokémon.”

“Why do you make it sound like an act of defense was a murder? You said it yourself that Commander Spitfire would have died had it not been for your intervention.”

“A part of me had some sort of sick satisfaction with doing it though. I felt very angry, very confused and very annoyed with this Pokémon. All of the voices in my head told me to kill it and I succumbed to the desires of my demons. Was that even right of me to do?” Keldeo asked with a nervous tone.

“We can’t all be the perfect beings, Keldeo. Every single one of us has done something we aren’t proud of, and we will only keep making mistakes as we go along. But, mistakes are what make us who we are. You made the mistake of submitting yourself to your inner desires. But, that is how you learn, right? You should be happy that you were able to fulfill your desires in a controlled setting. Just fulfill them in controlled settings and you’ll be fine.” Rarity advised.

“You always do know what to say, Rarity. I’m glad that you are in my life.”

Keldeo reached his right front hoof towards Rarity’s right front hoof and lifted himself up with his left hoof. Looking into Rarity’s eyes, his heart exploded out of his chest. Rarity craned her body towards Keldeo and planted her lips on his cheek.

“I’m glad you are also in my life.”


Professor Pasque glanced towards the tools on the table with narrowed eyes. A silent wind passed through his nostrils. The door to his right slid open, revealing Professor Gentian’s face. A small smile appeared on Professor Pasque’s face.

“It is very nice to see you again, Gentian. I heard about your presence here, but seeing you is a much different sight.”

“I’m glad to be back in a lab, Pasque. It was good to have an extended stay out of it, but I definitely feel most comfortable with working indoors once more.” Professor Gentian noted. “I’ve heard from the purple unicorn that you and Einstein are heading the Geneology aspect of device creation. I have to say that the technology you created is pretty cool then.”

Professor Pasque frowned and craned his head low.

“I cannot say I am proud to put my talents and knowledge into devising and developing weapons. This matrix research we are developing can be used for more important matters, such as improving the quality of the Equusian’s lives and helping to form bonds amongst each other. Instead, it is used in assisting to take out lives.”

Professor Gentian grinned and walked towards Professor Pasque with a swagger in his step. He patted the right shoulder of Professor Pasque with his left fan.

“Is that what’s bugging you? Look, I’ve heard about one of your creations nearly robbed the life of one of our field operatives along with other destructive implications. But, these are merely the growing pains of your research!”

“Growing… pains?” Professor Pasque asked with a curious tone.

“Yeah. Sure, we’re all using them for weaponry now. But, sooner or later, the Equusians will be using that research into doing good things for society! But for now, you are giving them the chance to fight back against the invaders and other situations. If you stop your research because of ethical and moral difficulties, then you can never use your research to help people.” Professor Gentian explained.

“I… guess so.” Professor Pasque stated. “Anyways, my research with finding the next matrices is undergoing smooth progression. Very soon, we will be able to develop Rock-type, Ground-type and Psychic-type weapons… and I’m really hoping that we can create armor with this research as well.”

“Armor, huh?” Professor Gentian voiced out, rubbing his chin with his right fan.

“Yes. As you said, we are merely in the growing pains of application right now. If we can make armor and imbue them with the types we have discovered, then we will be able to save more lives out in the field.”

“See? Now that’s what I’m talking about!”

“I’m assuming that you are not here just to give me a pep talk, are you?” Professor Pasque asked.

“I’m here to continue doing research in Space and Time. Who knows? Maybe we can visit the dimension where all of the others have been transported to.”

“What do you mean by that?”

“Haven’t you realized it yet? We’ve been here for three whole months and we haven’t found much in terms of other Pokémon. If Arceus truly did warp everyone off the planet, then shouldn’t we be seeing more Pokémon?” Professor Gentian rationalized.

“Now that you mention it… this world has been surprisingly bare of Pokémon. It would be safe to assume that our machine back in Opelucid City had done something to affect our dimensional trajectory.”

“Now that we’re together, our research speed and consistency should double. Plus, Tesla and I will be able to take your work for when you and Einstein are busy. So, you can keep mentoring those foals that you care so much about.”

A light-hearted chuckle made its way out of Professor Pasque’s mouth. With his right front foot, he patted Professor Gentian on his back.

“Welcome back.”

Author's Note:

It seems like everyone is coming back together one step at a time. The next planned chapter will have things go a bit easier for you all to catch a breather.

PreviousChapters Next