• Published 9th May 2015
  • 2,494 Views, 128 Comments

A New Dimension, A New Threat - ZeroChill



After Arceus's exodus, a pair of scientist twins and their allies find themselves stranded in an alien dimension as Pokemon. Uniting with the residents of a futuristic Equestria, they shall tackle a new threat.

  • ...
18
 128
 2,494

PreviousChapters Next
The Colors of Feelings

Fei sat at the desk with an inked pen in his hand, scribbling down words on a piece of paper. A confident smile cracked on his face that deepened with each word he wrote.

“Winning your heart is my ultimate goal. Your eyes are the rubies that caught my soul. I wish to to feel your warm and silky fur, and I’d like to hear your hypnotic purr. If I would hold your paw, my heart would beat. To bring you close for a kiss is my feat. My love is boundless like the ocean, Lith. They say that your beauty is like a myth. My life without you, I cannot be with.” He orated.

“No offense, but your poetry sounds ridiculously cheesy, Fei.” Rundas said, laying back in the corner of the room.

Fei leaped out of his seat and grasped the ceiling. His heart pumped faster than a geyser and his face broke out in a cold sweat.

“Rundas! What are you doing in here?” Fei shouted with an angry blush on his face and dropped to the ground.

Rundas walked towards Fei’s side with a swagger in his step and tapped Fei on his shoulder.

“We have the day off, and I’d figure that I’d see what you were up to. Buying parchment and ink is pretty expensive, so I was curious with what you were doing with that. Now I see; you’re writing poetry for Lith!”

“No! I mean… I’m just practicing what I will say is all for the, errr, Poetry Club tonight.” Fei responded, shifting his eyes left and right.

“No offense Fei, but I can see a bad liar from a mile away. You’re going to have to do better than that to fool me.” Rundas responded. “So when will you confess to her? Everyone from the lab can see it.”

Fei sigh and slammed his right hand onto the desk.

“To be honest, I really don’t know. Every time I go near her, my stomach explodes with Butterfrees. I feel my heart about to explode and I get onto the verge of passing out.” He admitted. “How are you even so good with the opposite sex, Rundas?”

Rundas shrugged his claws.

“A roguish charm always helps. Being dark, mysterious and having a cool language with the ladies usually makes them swoon for me.”

“But… I’m none of those things. I’m expressive in the wrong ways, I am shallow and I abide by the law. No girl would ever fall for someone like that.” Fei stated with his head fallen down in sorrow.

“So? You have your charms. Come with me and I’ll show you what I mean.”


Fei climbed up a hill with a lone and leafy tree standing at the top. At the hills summit, Keldeo and Rarity lied down upon a red-plaid blanket, eating sandwiches with white daisies and a dark red sauce. Rarity and Keldeo looked towards his direction, smiled and waved.

“Fei! What brings you to this far corner of Neo Canterlot today?” Rarity asked.

“I had a feeling to check upon you two to see what you are doing.” Fei responded with a forced smile.

He sat down on the blanket and looked towards Keldeo.

“We’re doing fine. A day off from duties is always good.” Keldeo said.

Fei’s watch flashed with erratic intervals.

“Alright, Fei, just do what I told you.” Rundas whispered through the watch.

“So Rarity, it is a very nice day today. I say the sunlight reflects perfectly off of your pristine coat. Did you do something nice with it?” Fei stated.

“Why thank you for the nice compliment, Fei. You were the first one today to actually notice. I’ve tried something new with my coat and I was afraid that no one noticed.” Rarity said, eliciting a huff of heated air through Keldeo’s nostrils.

“Your mane also seems bouncier and luxurious than normal. Are you trying to get a special somepony to notice you?” Fei asked.

“Aren’t you just the charmer today, Fei? I admit that I did focus special attention on my mane.” Rarity responded with a buttery tone.

“Ummm, Fei, can I talk to you? In private?!” Keldeo whispered out with an irritated tone.

Fei’s eyes widened with surprise and fear.

“Did… did I do something wrong?”

Keldeo levitated Fei within a deep blue aura. He looked towards Rarity.

“I will be back, Rarity. I promise.” Keldeo stated with a distracted tone.

Keldeo and Fei traveled down to the base of the hill. Fei plummeted onto the ground, landing on the ground head first. He rubbed his head.

“Did you need to talk to me?”

“Yes. Why are you putting the moves on Rarity?! Do you want her to fall in love with you?!” Keldeo asked with a loud tone to the point of screaming.

“What’s wrong with giving her compliments?” Fei asked, oblivious to the situation.

Keldeo groaned and threw his front hooves into the air.

“I’m trying to woo Rarity today, alright? I prepared a lunch with her favorite type of food at her favorite location in Neo Canterlot. Don’t ruin it for me!”

“Wait… so the reason you are doing this is just so that you can be her lover?”

“Yes! Having you putting the moves on her is ruining that! I apologize if I’m just going on and on with this, but I really want to repay back Rarity for all the kindness she’s given me with a lifetime of happiness for the both of us.”

“I’m sorry, Keldeo. I didn’t know. I was just trying to do what Rundas said and just explore what my charm can be.” Fei admitted.

“You mean that roguish guy that the others hang around? What do you need his advice for?” Keldeo asked. “Do you really have that much difficulty talking to Lith in a straight conversation?”

“Don’t say it like that. You make it sound like I cannot talk to females.” Fei said with a shrinking and embarrassed tone. “I’ve never been too good around females, even my companion and former love interest Sophia. That’s why I had to test my speaking skills with Rarity. I apologize if I impeded your progress with her.”

“It’s alright. I kind of can’t spit out my feelings for Rarity either. I thought I would be able to work up the courage to tell her my feelings for her… but I choke up when I even try to compliment her. I don’t have the courage to tell her.” Keldeo said with an honest and depressed voice.

“Is there anything we can do to just admit our feelings?” Fei questioned.

“I’m sure that Twilight might have an answer to that. She’s always at H.O.R.S.E. working on something. She wouldn’t mind giving us solutions.”

“But what about Rarity? You can’t just leave her alone.”

Keldeo’s eyes widened to the size of dinner plates upon hearing Fei’s words.

“That’s right! I can’t just call off our day. I spent too much time in the planning stages for this day… But, what if I say that I’m going to get her gift? She would believe that.”

“Really? You’re going to say that?!” Rundas shouted through the watch. “You know she won’t buy it.”

“Let’s try it regardless. He obviously has a plan, Rundas.” Fei said.

“Fine, but don’t come crawling to me when she gets mad.”

Fei turned off the watch. The duo walked up the hill, where Rarity sat with a patient gaze.

“Back so soon you two? What did you talk about?” She asked.

“I realized that I forgot to get you your gift, Rarity. Fei is going to help me get a gift for you. We should be back soon.” Keldeo responded.

“Take your time, Keldeo. I have the utmost of confidence in you.” Rarity stated.


Twilight Sparkle looked through multitudes of floating books around her within the halls of the Magic Division. She hummed to herself.

“I think I can reproduce this spell with a different effect if I channel the magic through zeta waves. And combining this with the current research done on Mono’s DNA, I can create an exact copy of-”

“Twilight!” Keldeo shouted out.

Twilight Sparkle leaped into the air and shouted. She fell down to the ground and looked behind her.

“Keldeo! Fei! What are you two doing here? Shouldn’t you have your day off?” She asked.

“Truth be told, Twilight; we are unable to confess our feelings to the ones we have feelings for.” Fei admitted.

“Is that so? I think I know of something that would be able to help you.” Twilight Sparkle said. “I have this book of records here that talks about a magical bird that only appears once every ten years at a place known as Rainbow Plateau.”

“Rainbow Plateau? Where is that located?” Fei asked.

“It’s actually not too far away. It is located in the Terraformed Wilderness. It was an area that contained a pegasi settlement known as Rainbow Falls, which was named that because of the literal waterfalls made of rainbows. It was said that a mystical bird would appear there every ten years so that it can enrich the soul of the area with its courage.” Twilight Sparkle explained.

“Ah! I’ve heard myths about that. Supposedly, the bird descended upon there because it has a strong affiliation with rainbows in general. But, why are you telling us this?” Keldeo questioned.

“That is because today is the very day where the bird would appear there. If you can meet it, then it would grant you the courage that would allow you to do anything, especially confessing your feelings.”

“Normally, this all sounds like mumbo jumbo… but I really want to work up the courage to tell Lith how I feel. As it is right now, my knees and stomach are too weak to even confront her with it.” Fei stated.

“Wonderful! Actually, I don’t really have anything major to do right now. I would love to come with you two if you would allow me.” Twilight Sparkle requested.

“Don’t you have to reproduce whatever magic you were trying to reproduce?” Keldeo asked.

“Not really. I just experiment when I’m bored. But, an adventure to see a bird affiliated with rainbows would be an amazing experience for me.”

“When you put it that way, then you are more than welcome to come with us.” Fei said.


Twilight Sparkle, Fei and Keldeo climbed up a cragged path that spiraled upwards. The chilly air from the nearby mountains smelled of fresh earth and sweet herbs, bringing a calming aroma to the group. At the summit laid a flat land with two adjacent lakes at the center filled with liquid colors that were fed through an arched rainbow.

“This area is beautiful!” Fei shouted with his jaw dropping to the ground.

Keldeo eyed the craters and ruined buildings around the lake. A frown came upon his face.

“But the settlement here is destroyed. I never thought the Van’Goth would have destroyed even this sacred place.”

“Honestly, it isn’t much of a surprise. Rainbow Falls usually is seen as a symbol of hope among the pegasi. This place’s destruction was intended to crush that hope and make them more vulnerable. It’s disgusting, but a brilliant strategy at the same time.” Twilight Sparkle said.

“I don’t get you sometimes, Twilight; are you on our side or the Van’Goth’s side?” Fei asked with a suspicious tone.

“What? I cannot appreciate a good strategy when I see one? But I digress; shattering hope is something that only monsters would do.” Twilight Sparkle responded.

“So when does this mythical bird descend down onto the plateau?” Keldeo questioned.

“It descends at dusk. It is the most golden time of the day after all.” Twilight Sparkle noted.

The sun set halfway into the horizon, casting a golden glow upon the land. The rainbows glistened and shined from exposure of the sunlight. The entire plateau sparkled underneath the sun’s glow.

“Amazing! It is twilight and the land just sparkles with life.” Fei noted.

“You just wanted to use my name out of that context, didn’t you?” Twilight Sparkle questioned with a deadpan tone.

“Maybe.”

A giant bird cloaked in a golden aura flew over the sky, creating a rainbow trail in his flight path. His descended onto the plateau, where his aura dissipated. His physique resembled that of a peacock and phoenix. His red feathers radiated with power down to the green and white-tipped feathers at the edge of his wings. A green stripe spiraled down from his neck. His tail was covered in gold feathers that formed into the shape of a burst of energy and his abdominal feathers sparkled with purity.

Keldeo gazed into the perched bird’s orange eyes and the yellow crest on its head that represented a crown. His breath was taken aback by the light that shined from it. The bird looked around the environment with a frown on its beak.

“This land… it is destroyed. And the good folks of this area all disappeared.” He stated. “Many things have changed since my last visit to this area.”

“I’m sorry to say, sir, but this place was the victim of an extraterrestrial war. Many lives here were lost and no one lives in Rainbow Falls anymore.” Twilight Sparkle stated.

“I see. It cannot be helped, however, as I am always crossing over throughout the many skies of the universe. But, I see that you three are here so you can give me the company I desire. My name is Ho-Oh, guardian of the skies and granter of courage.” Ho-Oh introduced.

“No wonder you look familiar. You are a Pokémon.” Fei noted.

“What?! This mystical bird of legends is a Pokémon?!” Twilight Sparkle shouted with surprise.

“The Mienshao there is right, little unicorn. I am indeed a Pokémon. Why does this fact surprise you ever so?” Ho-Oh asked with a friendly grin on his face.

“I just didn’t expect a Pokémon to have been visiting this place for centuries now. Pokémon only started appearing in this world about a few months ago.”

“I see… so it has finally begun.”

“What begun, Lord Ho-Oh?” Fei asked.

“A turn of events that would determine the entire fate of the universe that had been proclaimed by the precursors since the birth of this dimension.” Ho-Oh answered. “It was said that an exodus would occur within a different dimension, bringing all of the humans and Pokémon into a more peaceful version of this particular universe. But a handful of those humans and Pokémon would be brought over here to help fight against the threat of this universe.”

“A threat… do you mean the Van’Goth?” Keldeo questioned with a tone of uncertainty.

“They are the ones that laid ruins to this area, no? However, it is not them. An even greater threat than them shall be upon us. It was the same threat that had destroyed our universe years ago, young Keldeo.”

The eyes of Twilight Sparkle, Fei and Keldeo widened with shocked revelation.

“When you say ‘our’ universe, do you mean that I was from that universe as well?” Keldeo asked.

“So it is true; Keldeo is a Pokémon.” Fei said.

“You were a part of the universe I was from, but the Mienshao here isn’t. It is too soon to tell you all the details, but I travel throughout the dimension on the words of my late master so that I may spread courage and hope everywhere.” Ho-Oh explained.

“So… I am not a pony. I am a Pokémon…” Keldeo stated with a despondent tone. He growled and stomped his right front hoof into the ground. “And here I thought that I would be able to live out a life as normal as possible in Neo Canterlot.”

“Do not treat this like the end of the world, Keldeo. But rather, treat it as a second chance at life. Our universe’s Arceus saw great potential in you and whisked you here to safety when disaster struck. You have gained many ties to this world, so much that you can actually be considered more of a natural-born resident of this world than ours. I can sense it.”

“But why me? What potential can I possibly have that would grant me a chance at living here?”

“You do not need me to tell you that, Keldeo. It is asleep within your memories. Allow them to be awakened, and your true potential shall be realized.” Ho-Oh explained.

“I understand, Ho-Oh. But… why does Fei call you by the title of ‘Lord’?” Keldeo asked.

“It is because Ho-Oh is a legendary Pokémon back in our world, just like how you are a legendary Pokémon there as well. Though, considering the camaraderie that we now share, it would be most unusual to give you that title as well.” Fei responded with a chuckle in his voice.

“Wait, hold on. Let me get this straight; so you and Keldeo are from a different universe, but your universe is different from the universe that Fei is from. Then, there is the implication of something bigger that will doom our universe…” Twilight Sparkle assessed. “I think that I need to sleep more hours and work less. This is all becoming too ridiculous for someone like me.”

“Everything will make eventual sense to you, Twilight Sparkle. You just need to let it rest within the annals of time.” Ho-Oh assured. He looked behind him, seeing the golden shine from the sun disappearing into darkness. “I have to cut this conversation short, unfortunately. I would love to talk more with you three, but I have to visit other worlds in a scheduled time.”

“Will we ever see you again, Lord Ho-Oh?” Fei asked. “I was hoping that Keldeo and I would be able to be granted your courage so that we can admit our feelings to the ones we have feelings for.”

“Do not worry, young Fei. We will see each other much sooner than ten years. There is a dimensional pocket somewhere within this world that will grant you access to the gateway of dimensions. You will see me there. As for your dilemma, I say that you do not need my power to tell your feelings to the ones you love. You did have the courage to journey here, did you not?”

“Well… when you put it that way, I guess I feel more courageous than I did before this day.” Fei stated.

Ho-Oh cracked a smiled and unfolded his large wings. Feathers of red, green and white colors fell in front of Twilight Sparkle, Fei and Keldeo.

“I have heard of stories from this world that my feathers are used as gifts for expressing love. It is funny really. They are just my feathers, but take them nonetheless and give it to whoever your heart yearns for.”

Twilight Sparkle picked up a Rainbow Wing from the ground and stared at awe into the colorful plumage.

“We give them as gifts because your plumage is beautiful and rare. Anyone would treasure one of your feathers more than a mountain of gold.” She explained.

“I suppose that anything can be valuable if others place a value on it. Never lose hope and always remain strong. You can all do anything if you put your minds to it.”

Saying these words, Ho-Oh flapped his magnificent wings and took to the sky. Twilight Sparkle, Fei and Keldeo gazed into the sky, staring as Ho-Oh vanishes when travelling through the rainbow waterfalls. The dark of night hit the area.


Rarity glanced down onto the blanket with a teary frown on her face. She looked up into the sky, seeing the moon rise into the sky with the stars amidst them with a wistful glint in her eyes. Keldeo sprinted up the hill with a hurried panting through his breathing.

“Oh… Keldeo. I did not think you would be away for the entire day.” Rarity commented.

“Rarity! Don’t tell me you waited here all day.” Keldeo said with a pang of guilt in his voice.

“I have. I didn’t want you to question my whereabouts, so I stayed here for you.”

“I’m so sorry I did that to you. I didn’t mean to be out for so long…”

“That reminds me; why did you take so long just to look for a gift?” Rarity asked with an interrogative voice.

“The truth was that I wasn’t looking for a gift.” Keldeo said, closing his eyes with a sigh. “The truth was that I was trying to muster my courage up to say something very important to you, Rarity. But, one thing led to the next and now I realized that I’m not the pony that you once new.”

“What does that even mean?” Rarity asked with her head tilted and eyes narrowed in confusion.

“I’ll just let this gift to you explain what I mean.” Keldeo stated, levitating a royal purple box in the shape of a rectangle towards Rarity’s direction. Keldeo lifted Rarity’s right front hoof with both of his hooves in tender display and dropped the box on it. “Please open it.”

Rarity’s breath was taken away by the gesture of Keldeo’s words. She brought her left front hoof towards the box and opened it, revealing the Rainbow Wing inside. Her eyes lit up in fascination.

“Is this… what I think it is?”

“The red color represents my undying passion for you. The green represents the idea that we were meant to be. Finally, the white color represents the purity of my feelings. What I’m trying to say is that…” Keldeo’s words stopped in its tracks. His throat choked at the final words. He blinked and breathed out a calming air. “I love you.”

“Keldeo… I’m not sure what to say.” Rarity uttered out with her breath taken by his words. A smile on her face with beads of tears dropped from her eyelashes.

“You are kind, generous and my best friend. You are strong-willed and graceful at the same time. You have the beauty that matches the stars in the heavens above. You deserve a stallion who can give you the love and attention you deserve. But…”

Keldeo looked away with a frown on his face.

“Is there something wrong, Keldeo?” Rarity asked.

“But I’m not that stallion. I’m not even a pony. Today, I realized that I am a Pokémon that just happens to look like a pony. How could you even love an alien such as me?” Keldeo asked.

Rarity placed her left front hoof over Keldeo’s lips, quieting him.

“I don’t care whether you are an alien or not. When I first saw you in the orphanage a long time ago, you were alone. None of the other orphans acknowledged your existence. Ultimately, you desired friendship and I wanted to give you that friendship. Over time, I realized just how special you are to me. You may be timid, but you are strong when you need to be and are surprisingly very selfless.” She explained.

“But isn’t that how everyone is?”

“You exhibit a special type of strength. You show the strength to love a nation that you are foreign to. You show the strength that is able to protect others no matter how dangerous it may be for your own good. Your wispy mane and wave-like tail display a very noble air that I just felt attracted to for the longest time.”

“You… felt that way for me all this time? You don’t care if I’m not a pony?” Keldeo asked.

“What I care about is the beauty of your soul, and I have seen its lustrous shine many times. Besides, you look pony enough to pass for one, and you are very pleasing to the eyes. Though, I’m curious how you were able to talk without a translator like the others.” Rarity stated.

“That… I’m not too sure. Heck, Ho-Oh talked the way that you would as well. Maybe it’s just the Pokémon of my universe that can do that?”


“So, you have the Rainbow Wing in the box like I told you?” Rundas asked.

“Yes. I have everything I want to say right here in paper. Lith should be in her living quarters with Mono.” Fei responded.

“Alright then. Well, good luck. If things go for the worst, you and I can spend the night at a local pub drinking your sorrows away. I got a permit from Council Lady Luna to do that.” Rundas offered.

Fei sighed and rustled his shoulders. Rundas leaped over the railing. Fei knocked on the door three times. The door cracked open, revealing a smiling Mono.

“Hey Fei. What brings you to my home at this time of night?” Mono asked.

“Hello, Mono. I just wanted to see if Lith was home right now.”

“She is home right now. She was actually getting ready to sleep right now. Do you want to see her?”

“It would be my pleasure to see her.” Fei responded.

He walked past the door and entered in the living room. He sat on the couch and glanced towards Mono, who stepped into his room. An excited shriek shot from the room, and Lith ran towards the living room. She vaulted over the arm of a chair adjacent to Fei and landed on the cushion.

“So Fei, what brings you to my abode tonight? I have to say that I wasn’t expecting you to come.” Lith asked.

“First Lith, would you mind sitting closer to me? I want to give you something.” Fei requested.

Lith nodded and leaped towards the couch where Fei sat. She sat down. Fei presented the box in his right hand to her. Lith opened it, revealing the Rainbow Wing inside.

“This is… how is this even possible? Ho-Oh shouldn’t even be in this world.” Lith questioned with eyes narrowed in confusion.

“There was an urban legend that is actually real that tells of a mythical bird that would descend onto the Rainbow Plateau once every ten years and grant courage to those around him. Those that have witnessed it are said to become wonderful heroes. That bird was Ho-Oh.” Fei explained.

“Wait, Ho-Oh is in Equestria?!” Mono shouted, running out of the room with his jaw dropped in surprise. “How?!”

“I do not quite understand everything, and explaining would only throw a kudzu plot into your chapters, but he claimed that he was from an alternate version of our world, who travels the dimension to bless each world with his courage.”

“Amazing!” Mono and Lith shouted in united joy.

“I also wrote this for you, Lith.” Fei stated, holding out the parchment. “Paper and ink were very expensive to purchase apparently.”

Lith took the paper and began skimming through it. Her back tilted backwards and her teeth were born in disgust.

“Fei… this is literally one of the cheesiest pieces of poetry I have ever read.”

“What?!” Fei shouted. “B…but Mono said you loved that type of poetry.”

“He didn’t exactly lie. I love reading this kind of poetry because this makes me laugh loudly.”

“Wait, what?!”

“It’s true. I told you that because I didn’t think you would actually take the bait.” Mono added.

“I appreciate the effort that went into this, but wow! This poem literally rhymes and has ten syllable stanzas that reflect upon how you feel about me. ‘and I’d like to hear your hypnotic purr’ really? This is so cheesy that it actually verges on being good!” Lith announced.

Fei frowned and looked down onto the ground with a frown on his face.

“I’m sorry I soiled our friendship with that poem, Lith. Now you know how I feel about you.”

Fei stood up from his seat and walked towards the left. His wrist became gripped by Lith’s paw.

“Wait! Where are you going, Fei?” Lith asked.

“Rundas invited me for a round of drinks. I might as well go there now that I’ve embarrassed myself in front of you.” Fei answered.

“It is true that you wrote this cheesy poem, but I want you to stay for a bit longer. You obviously worked hard to give me this hilarious poem and the Rainbow Wing is an additional plus. But, what I’m trying to say is that I like you… I like you a lot, Fei.” Lith admitted. “Mono and I were about to make some muffins with something known as pistachios. A friendly mailmare gave us the recipe for it and she said that it would hit our sweet and dry cravings at the same time.”

“Wait, we were?” Mono asked with a puzzled tone.

“I was wondering if you would like to bake some pistachio muffins with us.” Lith offered.

“I would love to, Lith. I feel curious enough to try it… as long as nothing sour is put inside of them. Arceus knows how much I hate sour flavors.” Fei responded, shuddering at his words.

“Then let the three of us start baking some goods now.”

Author's Note:

I meant for this to be a chapter that was lighter on the plot, but it somehow ended up bringing the plot into some very interesting and complex territories.

Anyways, some more ships have set sail.

PreviousChapters Next