• Published 13th Jan 2015
  • 3,531 Views, 25 Comments

The Day I Became A Millionaire - Ribe_FireRain



You live the dream when you win the lottery, but is it all you hoped for? Especially after you end up in an alternate universe?

  • ...
15
 25
 3,531

Birthday (And Some Negatives)

Author's Note:

Sorry for any inconvenience with the first part of the story, I had it removed because I found I didn't really need it as the chapter 'Race' tells about it without you finding out in segments.

In the evening during the day in which AB's birthday was taking place, her family had organized a surprise party on the farm in the newly-built barn that the Mustang paid for with the pie deliveries that we made in the past week.

We had arranged for Apple Bloom to be out with Sweetie and Scootaloo for a while to give us time to set it up and who else to plan the party other than that crazy, pink party pony, Pinkie Pie?

She and her friends, including Twilight and Fluttershy who I have met in the past few days but haven't had much chance to get to know came along. However, I planned to get to know everyone as best as I can when the party was underway.

On the inside of the barn, it was built exactly as it was before it got demolished in the storm. Amongst the railings on the second level of the barn were streamers hanging down in a mixture of bright reds, blues, greens and oranges. Scattered around the main level of the barn were balloons in matching colours.

Both inside and outside of the barn were white tables and matching chairs, complete with drinking glasses. As for the hooch, Applejack carried in around a dozen or so barrels of both cider and hard cider with Big Macintosh's help and placed them in the back along with some mugs crafted from wood and metal for it to be poured into.

With all the help that has been poured into getting the job done of setting up, we were ready to roll. But before anything else, the cake was set in place at the back of the room. It wasn't much different than the classic, square cakes at home that were coated in a generous amount of pure-white icing, apart from this one was a specially designed cake with a light cream colour that matched the colour of Apple Bloom's coat and the lining around the border of the cake around both top and bottom was a fancy-styled shade of red icing that also matched the colour of Apple Bloom's mane.

In the centre of the cake was a picture of her and her friends, Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle as fillies all hugging each other in a friendly embrace with huge grins on their faces as they all sat at a table in Sugarcube Corner with party hats that corresponded with the colours of their coats and manes in a twisting pattern.

The caption both above and below the picture read 'Happy Birthday' at the top and 'Apple Bloom' at the bottom in the same shade of red as the icing.

We waited for a couple hours for everyone to show up and when they did, we all hid ourselves away in the barn, armed with twizzlers and party-horns before turning the lights out upon knowing that it was only a matter of minutes before AB and her friends showed up.
Not a moment too soon of us all being in place did the barn doors open with a soft creak and from my position at the back of the barn along with Applejack I could see AB and her friends standing in the doorway, peering in at the darkness.

And then...

''SURPRISE!'' We all shouted in unison as the lights were brought back to life in a flash of blinding white. The look on Apple Bloom's face was one of being startled. She looked all around her at the different ponies she knew from around town such as her old teacher, Cheerilee and her old friend, Twist. Then she looked over to her friends and family with a twinkle in her eye and her bottom lip quivered as she finally looked over at me.

Applejack came up to her and with a smile, pulled her into a hug before pulling away. ''Happy Twentieth Birthday, Apple Bloom.'' She said to her sister, seeing her wipe away a tear.

''T-Thank you, Applejack. Thank you, everypony!'' She said with a smile as Pinkie came up to her and picked her up in her hooves in a bone crunching crush.

''Your welcome, Bloomy! Everypony helped, even Matt!'' She pointed to me with a hoof and I smiled to her and she returned it. ''As of today, you are twenty years old and you know what that means...''

''A-Actually, Ah haven't the slightest idea.'' Apple Bloom said as Pinkie set her down.

''...It means that the first cider is yours, birthday girl!'' Pinkie said as she handed over a frothy mug of cider to Apple Bloom who took it in her own before taking a sip, a soft smile on her lips as the taste washed over her tongue. ''Okay now, everypony, let's paaaaarrrrty!'' Pinkie announced loudly and the crowd all gave cheers before the party was officially underway.

In the next passing hour or so, the party was well underway and conversations were flying around. I myself was in a conversation with both Twilight and Fluttershy, talking about what they do for a living and finding out about them in general. Oddly enough, I found that Twilight was more intersted in where I was from than me asking her about herself.

As for Fluttershy, she didn't really talk as much and wasn't as open as most ponies I've met, and I respected that. Not everyone is an open book and interested in sharing stories as others are.

We spent a fair bit of the party talking to each other and some of their other friends such as Rarity and Rainbow Dash also joined in. Surprisingly, from the first encounter both me and Dash had together, she gave me a proper apology. As for Rarity, she sat back with the others and allowed me to tell them my story.

It amazed me to see how interested they were. After I told them about life back on Earth and how I got here, I could tell Twilight was intrigued and even quite curious about the part where I crashed my car in under an hour of buying it and the white flash that I suspected was how I got here.

Moving on to a few other groups, we swapped a couple stories and got to know each other. I recognized quite a few from town, such as a pony called Roseluck who sold flowers with another earth pony associate called Daisy. The other group consisted of two other ponies called Snips and Snails who, like the Cutie Mark Crusaders, have been friends for life.

They didn't really prefer to socialize but they did prefer to joke around and act less than their age. The last group I came to was of none other than the Cutie Mark Crusaders. Approaching them, I saw them look up to me with warm smiles.
I hugged them all in a friendly embrace when I finally reached them. They were all holding mugs of cider and from the look on Scootaloo's face, I was guessing that she has had at least a few mugs.

For the occasion, Apple Bloom was wearing the gothic cross I gave her when she was laid up in bed. I still cringed at the thought of that night. Scootaloo and the others caught on.

''Something wrong?'' Sweetie asked.

''Yeah, come on, Matt, ya've had that look in ya eye for a while now. It's obvious somethin's up.'' Apple Bloom said with a small, worried frown.

I sighed. ''I was just think about the storm again.'' I said quietly, wanting to just end it there. Saying that, Bloom's brow raised and she looked me dead in the eye.

''Wait, again? What do ya mean 'again'?''

What, seriously? I saw her nearly get killed right in front of me and I have to explain it? In fact, no, she did get killed! Her heart wasn't even pumping! Even I couldn't restart it! I didn't believe in luck, but it was lucky that it started pumping again so she could live!

''Do you really want me to explain?'' I asked her, frowning myself. She only nodded as a response and when I was about to tell her, even if it was obvious why, Scootaloo laughed drunkenly.

''Ha, come on, Apple Bloom, it's obvious, isn't it?'' She finished laughing and looked from Apple Bloom to me. ''It's because you love her!''
Scootaloo said out loud and even over the music, it was audible to the other ponies. I knew that because they were all looking over to us with shocked stares.

Apple Bloom's face turned a rosey red and and her eyes shrank in shock at what one of her closest friends had just said out loud so that a whole crowd could hear. Wheather it was the cider talking or not, it was still uncalled for.

Sweetie put her hoof around AB's shoulder as she covered her eyes with a free hoof. Sweetie shot Scootaloo a glare of anger and disapproval. Scootaloo's eyes shrank and realized what she had just said in her drunken state.

''Apple Bloom, I-'' Scootaloo started but didn't have time to finish as Apple Bloom ran out of the barn crying, being followed by Sweetie Belle, Applejack and myself.

As for Scootaloo, she could only stand there feeling ashamed of what she said and that she hurt one of her closest friends by saying it. All around the barn, many disapproving stares pierced her and within moments, she herself ran out of the barn in tears.

*** *** ***

''Apple Bloom, stop!'' Applejack shouted after her sister as she ran past the farmhouse and into the treeling in one of the orchards. Behind her, Sweetie Belle and me tried to keep up with her pace, falling slowly behind. ''Apple Bloom!''

In the distance, we could only just see the red of Apple Bloom's tail disappearing past the trees. Forcing ourselves, me and Sweetie pushed our legs to work faster, allowing us to run at Applejack's speed.

Upon getting inside the tree line, we spent a while looking around but found no trace of her. Applejack went looking in some other direction whilst me and Sweetie stayed together and walked ahead.

All the while, Sweetie had a strange look in her eye as kept looking at me momentarily, thinking I didn't see her doing so. Eventually, she spoke up as we still walked in search of our friend.

''Hey, Matt, can I ask you something?'' She asked me in that sweet, soft voice of hers.

''I guess as long as it isn't embarrassing or humiliating.'' I deadpanned.

''A-Actually, no. I was just wondering...why do you love Apple Bloom?'' She said with an innocent smile on her lips. For once, I looked down into her soft green eyes and actually allowed a faint smile to creep on my lips.

''Sweetie, to tell you the truth, I-I-I don't exactly know w-why. I guess it's just that I like who she is and I a-adore her as a friend.'' I looked away from her eyes and looked ahead as I walked while I sighed through my nostrils. ''She saved my life, Sweetie. I saved hers after I lied to her and I've felt so guilty about it ever since. Do you even know what that feels like?'' I said, feeling a tear stroke my cheek.

Sweetie looked guilty of asking me the question for a moment. ''I-I'm sorry, Matt. I d-didn't know you felt s-so strongly about it.'' She frowned at me and I looked back into her eyes for a brief second.

''Well, of course I do! I love her, Sweetie! She was there for me when no one else was! She's one of the few family I have left and I'd give my life for all she's done for me!'' I said, feeling a few tears escape as my self blame and hate for what I caused was released from my veins.

And then what sounded like crying caught both of our ears and we both looked over to where it was coming from. Lead by Sweetie Belle, we ran deeper into the trees and came up to the CMC Clubhouse where we wasted no time in running up the ramp and tried the door, but it wouldn't open.

Sweetie went up to the window where she looked inside the clubhouse and to the door where she saw a distraught and embarrassed looking Apple Bloom sat on the floor and leaning against the door with her hooves covering her eyes.

''Apple Bloom!'' Sweetie shouted, but Apple Bloom didn't acknowledge her. ''Apple Bloom, I know you can hear me! Come on, move away from the door!''

From my position on the outside of the door, I could hear her sniffle.

''L-Leave me a-alone, Sweetie. A-A-Ah just wanna be alone right now.'' Apple Bloom cried from inside, her voice broken.

''AB, please,'' I said, hoping that if she heard my voice, it would get through to her. ''I know you're embarrassed about what happened, but trust me, everything's alright.'' From inside I heard another sniffle.

''N-No it's not, Matt! Everypony knows now!''

''That doesn't matter, Apple Bloom. Whether everypony knows or not isn't all that of a big deal.''

''It is to me!'' She shouted from the inside and I could hear her stand up. ''Ah swear, Ah'm gonna kill Scootaloo when Ah see her again!'' As if on cue, the mare in question came running towards the clubhouse with a few tears of her own matting her cheeks.

''Apple Bloom, I'm sorry about what I said!'' Scootaloo said as she came to the door of the clubhouse, causing me to back away a bit. ''AB? Please, answer me!''

The door to the clubhouse opened and unexpectedly, Apple Bloom launched herself at Scootaloo, taking her by surprise and throwing her through the railing of the clubhouse with a loud snapping noise in a shower of splinters as she took her straight to the floor, back-first.

Shocked, both me and Sweetie ran down the ramp to see Apple Bloom on top of Scootaloo, pinning her down as she gripped her hooves tightly around her throat, cutting off her oxygen supply.

Scootaloo sputtered and gagged with eyes as small as pinpricks as she tried to throw her friend off of her with her hooves pressed against AB's chest.

Hearing all the chaos, Applejack entered the scene and seeing her sister choking one of her own closest friends caused her to let out a surprised gasp before she ran over and began doing her best to pry her sister from Scootaloo.

''Apple Bloom, stop! Let go of her!'' Applejack seethed as she clamped her hooves around AB's barrel and began to pull. Me and Sweetie joined in and after around a minute of prying, Apple Bloom's hooves eventually let go of Scootaloo's throat, pulling us back with her as she landed on top of us in a heap.

Free of the deathly grip of AB's hooves, Scootaloo coughed heavily as she regained her breath, laying on the floor, her eyes returning to normal size and her eyes still dripping. The fur beneath her eyes were matted down.

Applejack held onto Apple Bloom as her anger was still present and Sweetie helped Scootaloo to her hooves as she cried from the assault, wincing a bit in pain as she put a hoof on her back, rubbing it. If it was me, I couldn't tell what would hurt worse: pure embarrassment from a drunk friend in front of a massive crowd or being assaulted by one of my closest and bestest friends whom I've known all my life. The look on Scootaloo's face was one of pure terror of what just happened.

''A-Apple Bloom, you mind tellin' me what that was all about?!'' AJ scowled at her sister who still showed traces of anger in those now blazing amber eyes that were normally so patient and calm.

''Jeez, Apple Bloom, I didn't think you'd actually try and kill her!'' Sweetie gasped out of shock. ''Scootaloo is your friend!'' AB didn't respond. All she could do was stare into the pain-filled, petrified, purple eyes of her friend.

''A-A-Ah...Ah...'' Apple Bloom stammered, trying to find her voice as if she didn't realize she had just assaulted one of her friends. ''S-Scoots, Ah...'' She trailed off again, at a loss for words. Applejack kept a hold of her to make sure she didn't do or try anything else.

Scootaloo looked into AB's eyes with tears falling free. ''Apple Bloom, I-I'm sorry f-for what I said! I-I swear I wouldn't ever s-say anything like that on purpose!''

Apple Bloom snorted in annoyance. ''Ah know you wouldn't do it on purpose.'' She said, turning away from her friend's pleading eyes. ''The damage is done and there is no reversing it, so Ah suppose now Ah have to live with it.'' She turned back to face her, growling. ''Ah don't know if Ah can ever forgive ya for this.'' She narrowed her eyes at her. ''Next time, Ah promise ya'll won't be walkin' away so easy!''

Scootaloo flinched in shock and fear.

''I'm gonna take her to the hospital.'' Sweetie said before aiding her injured friend by placing her on her back and running off back towards Ponyville.

On our own, me and AJ both gave AB a shocked expression. Neither of us knew that Apple Bloom would go all crazy other something like that or at least not enough to make her actually try and physically choke one of her closest friends, never mind threatening them!

''You've got some explainin' to do, Apple Bloom! Ah thought we all raised ya'll better than that. How could ya'll assault one of your friends like that?'' Applejack said, a serious glare within those emerald fires that made her eyes.

As a response, AB shook herself from Applejack's grip and got back onto her hooves, staring right back with a glare on her own. ''Explain what, AJ? She embarrassed me in front of mah family and mah friends! For all Ah know, Ah won't hear the end of it from the town's ponies!''

AJ's scowl deepened. ''That's not exactly what Ah meant, Bloom, Ah'm talking about you assaultin' one of your best friends! What in the hay's gotten into you? Ya'll ain't ever done nothin' like that before!''

AB looked down. ''Ah know. Ah was just so angry and upset that Ah lashed at her without thinkin'.'' She frowned deeply. I came next to her and knelt to her level, hugging her.

''It's alright, Bloom. Everything will be fine.'' I told her as I held her, doing my best to comfort her, even if it did sound lame that I said it was fine to strangle your own friend.

She pushed me away with her hooves. ''No, it's not alright, Matt! Ah just strangled my own friend and possibly broke her back by shovin' her off of the balcony! How could that possibly be alright?'' She yelled at me in her own anger.

''What's done is done, AB. You can't do anything about that, but just as Scoots did, you can apologize to her. We can go to the hospital right now and see how she is.''

She sighed deeply, looking from Applejack who smiled and nodded and then to me before she herself gave a little nod.

*** *** ***

After a short walk to the Ponyville hospital, we were told to be seated in the waiting room while Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle were being seen to by one of the doctors.

We only spent around five to ten minutes before a doctor came through holding a clipboard in his magic. Like Sweetie's, it was a pale green colour, only a little bit darker, matching his eyes. His coat was yellow and his mane was brown.

''Miss Apple Bloom?'' He said, to which Apple Bloom got up from her seat and came forward.

''Is Scootaloo alright? She ain't hurt is she, doc?'' She asked with worry in her eyes, hoping to hear positive news.

''Yes, she'll be fine, Miss Apple Bloom. She only suffered a couple minor breaks in her back and she'll make a full recovery within a week or two. However, she didn't exactly say what caused the break.''

At that, AB sighed in relief through her notrils yet was worried that she had shaken her friend up enough that she was scared to even talk about it, let alone speak to her.

''Can we see her?'' She asked and the doctor nodded.

''She'll be out in a minute or so, after the nurses are done with her physio.'' And not a moment too soon, Sweetie could be seen with Scootaloo at her side, coming down the hallway.
Applejack was first to come over to meet them and pulled them both into a gentle hug, careful not to hurt Scootaloo's back.

''Ah'm glad you're alright, Scootaloo. So how do ya feel?'' She said as she pulled away. Scootaloo looked down at the floor before looking into Sweetie's eyes for a brief moment and looked back into Applejack's.

''It hurts.'' Scootaloo said softly, Looking past AJ's shoulder over to Apple Bloom who met her eyes before looking away in embarrassment. Frowning, she shakily came in front of her friend and slowly placed her hooves around her back and neck, pulling her into a hug that she hesitantly settled down into, placing her own hooves over her injured friend's back.
Neither of them said a thing for a moment as they held each other, but eventually Scootaloo broke the silence.

''I-I'm sorry, Apple Bloom.'' She said as she rubbed her cheek into AB's own. ''P-Please forgive me.''

Apple Bloom sighed. ''Ya are a real jerk when ya'll are drunk, ya know that?'' She said as she gently let go of Scootaloo's back and neck, looking into her purple eyes, still seeing traces of fear lingering there. ''Scoots, ya'll are one of mah best friends and Ah couldn't believe that ya'll would do something like that.'' She wiped her eye, still feeling the pure embarrassment from earlier.

This time, Scootaloo sighed. ''I know, and I'm so sorry about that. I'd rather take back what I said and still be your friend!'' She pleaded as she put her hoof around Apple Bloom's shoulder, only to have it gently pushed back down, getting an even more saddened look from her life-long friend.

''No. Ah can't. Ah'm sorry.'' Is all AB said before she turned around and walked slowly out of the hospital with her head hanging slightly down, leaving everyone else behind with sad expressions at witnessing a life-long friendship being ended.

Scootaloo sat down and covered her eyes as she began to cry. Applejack went outside with her little sister and I followed her, feeling it was best to leave Sweetie and Scootaloo alone for a while.

Sweetie held her as Scootaloo cried on her shoulder, holding her close.

*** *** ***
A Day Later
*** *** ***

I stood there, looking at the sight before me in pure disbelief. I was staring at a tree on the same road I remembered that I crashed on.

In front of that tree, my red Mustang was crumpled in a mess of metal, branches and glass with me on top of the bonnet, caked in my own blood and unmoving.

It was clear that I was dead.

From where I was stood on a nearby hill, I could see a gash in my head where most of my blood was gushing out at an alarming rate and coating my already red car a deeper red whilst many other cuts and lacerations covered the rest of my body and I had a large gash down the side of one of my legs running from my knee cap down to above my ankle along the side of my leg.

I wanted to walk towards it to touch it and make sure I wasn't just seeing things. All of the wounds I could see were in the exact same places they were before Apple Bloom fixed me up.

I couldn't.

My legs wouldn't move. I couldn't move. I was as frozen as a statue. I couldn't even manage a single chord from my voice box.
Continuing to look on at the wreck of my car plowed into the tree, I saw something spark from between the gap in the bonnet and in an instant, the car erupted in flames, scorching my body's clothes as the flames licked at my corpse and ignited me, covering me and the entire front of the car in a blaze of bright orange flames that glowed in the darkness.

It wasn't long before the fire spread and hit the petrol tank, causing the whole car to explode in a firework of metal and pieces of the engine compartment, raining down on the earth in a symphony of 'thud's and 'clang's as they hit the surface of the earth.

My vocal chords seemed to finally allow me to have my voice back and I screamed as my whole body became unstuck, sticking my hand out as if I was going to grab the car, like I could touch it.

Out of the sky, something fell like a meteor and landed directly in front of me. Looking down, I saw it was the burned, charred remains of my corpse.

The majority of the clothes were burned black from their original black-grey colour and my hair was completely burned to the point it was gone. The strange thing about it was that my head was turned to face me and the eyes, although dead and lifeless, seemed to pierce my eyes.

Once again I screamed and everything began to turn white like it did before the crash and everything disappeared.

*** *** ***

I awoke with a jolt, screaming. Looking around, I found that I wasn't on a hill overlooking my own demise on a hunk of fifty-grand worth of metal but rather in Apple Bloom's bed in her room during the middle of the night.

She was sat next to me under the covers, looking at me with startled eyes that held concern. It became quickly apparent that my little night terror had awoken her. ''Are you okay? Ya look kinda pale, there.'' She said quietly, rubbing my back with a hoof. I didn't even answer her. I just put my arms around her and pulled her into a hug, trying to rid myself of the fright from the dream I just witnessed. ''M-Matt?''

I still didn't answer her. I rubbed my cheek into her own and stroked her mane with a hand to calm myself. It wasn't a moment later that I felt myself begin to shake and my eyes started to become wet and faint tears dripped down my cheeks.

''Matt?'' She asked again, this time gently pushing me away with her hooves on my chest, looking into my tearful eyes and at my slightly shaking body.

''A-A-Ap-Apple B-Bloom...'' I managed to say brokenly. ''W-W-Wha-What am I?'' At my question, she was quite surprised and clearly taken aback.

''Wha-What do ya'll mean? Ya'll are Matt. Just like Ah'm Apple Bloom.'' She said like the answer to my question wasn't something that really needed to be said, and then she held my hand with a hoof. ''Are ya alright, Matt? I heard you mumblin' in ya sleep.''

There was just no hiding it anymore, I had to get it out! I just had to! I missed my family and they think that I'm dead and gone but I'm here and alive, so how does anything make sense anymore?!

Clamping my arms around her barrel, and taking her largely aback, I began to bawl. ''I miss my family! This just isn't fair, it's not, it's not, it's not!'' I shouted, holding her close to me and never wanting to let her go. ''I-I-I don't even k-know wha-what's real a-anymore!'' I released my grip on Apple Bloom and stared into her eyes, as did she.

''I have no idea if I s-survived t-tha-that crash or if I d-died, but how does that make any s-sense if I'm here a-and my f-family think I'm d-dead!?''

''Matt, calm it down, will ya? Ya'll don't know that! Besides, how does that make a lick of sense? Of course ya'll are alive!'' She gripped on both my shoulders, raising her voice from quiet to almost shouting-level. For some reason, I didn't believe that I was actually alive. That dream felt all too real. Or was it...a vision? No, no, that sounds so uncanny.

But that flash...it happened again. I had no idea what it was, but I had a hunch that if I found the answer to what it was, I'll know why all of this happened to me.

''Apple Bloom.'' I said firmly, now holding her shoulders. ''Is it worth it? Please, for the love of all, is it worth it?'' She gave me a confused look.

''I-Is what w-worth it?'' She asked slowly with a raised brow.

''Everything. Life. Death. Love. Hate. Regret. Is it worth it?'' Now she looked absolutely confused and uncertain of why I was asking this.

''Well, Ah...'' Her voice trailed off and she looked down for a moment before looking back up into my eyes and her ears plopped down on her head. ''Matt, why...why are ya askin' me this? Do you feel alright?''

No. No, I didn't feel alright. Most things that have happened in the life of Apple Bloom have changed dramatically ever since she saved me. From losing her life-long close and best friend Scootaloo to argueing with her big sister Applejack which is something she would never do, and finally, the top of the cake, nearly dying. Because of me being thoughtless and selfish, putting my car before a promise because I was too blind to see what was really there. For fuck's sake, I loved this mare!

''I'm asking you this because I want to know. Second, no, I don't. That is partially why I'm asking you.''

''Ah don't feel comfortable with this, Matt. Ah know that ya'll are upset about what happened to you, but-'' I stopped her by holding her shoulder.

''Apple Bloom, I'm upset by what happened to you just as well as myself. Remember the party?'' She nodded, cringing slightly, presumably at the thought of what she did to her friend. ''You hurt Scootaloo after what she said. You two are friends and you've known each other for like forever. Was that worth it? Ending a life-long relationship?''

She scratched the back of her neck and whispered. ''N-N-No.''

''See? That's what I'm talking about. Is any of this worth it? Both of our families being worried, this relationship or even ending life-long, close friendships?'' I must of gotten through to her on some levels because her eyes were tearing up.

''A-Are ya'll sayin' you think t-this relationship is a-a-a mistake?'' She asked, hoping the answer wasn't a 'yes'.

''No, I'm not. Your family doesn't trust it, but that isn't reason enough to call this off. I love you, Apple Bloom. You saved my life and I saved yours and with both our lives back, I'd rather spend what I can of it with you.'' I hugged her. ''I wouldn't ever leave you.'' When I broke away, I placed a small kiss to her lips. ''Never.''

''Ah love ya too, Matt.'' She kissed me back and hugged me for a moment before breaking away. ''Ah just don't get it, though. Why do ya think that mah family won't want us together?''

I sighed softly. ''Well, look at you and look at me. A pony and a human. How would that even work as a relationship? Besides, most ponies know that we're together now, anyway. What if they treat you differently?''

''They won't. Ah know most ponies around town and Ah'm certain they'll treat me all the same like they always have.'' She said with a confident smile. I hugged her again.

''I hope you're right, I really do. But other than that, what do I do? What about my family? Can't anypony around here help me?''

Apple Bloom hugged me tight, snuggling with me. ''Matt, Ah don't know exactly how to help ya out but Ah suggest speakin' to Twilight. She knows all kinds of magic and could maybe help ya out if ya talk to her about it.''

''Alright. If it'll get me a step closer to find out what happened that night, I'll talk to her.'' I said, finding my smile. ''Thanks, Apple Bloom.'' I broke away from the hug and held her shoulders like she held mine as we both gazed into each other's eyes.

''Ah should be thankin' you, really.'' At my confused look, she continued. ''For fixin' up mah clubhouse. It normally takes me a while longer than it took you.'' She smiled again. ''Also for the cloaks. How'd ya even get Rarity to make them on such short notice?''

I chuckled softly. ''Like I said before, a magician never reveals his secrets. '' We both shared a laugh before we both settled in each other's arms, snuggling in bed. Tomorrow could wait. Right now I just wanted to be with this beautiful mare.

We both laid close together, holding each other before we closed our eyes and let sleep take us.