• Published 13th Jan 2015
  • 3,531 Views, 25 Comments

The Day I Became A Millionaire - Ribe_FireRain



You live the dream when you win the lottery, but is it all you hoped for? Especially after you end up in an alternate universe?

  • ...
15
 25
 3,531

Friendship Is Hard...

Author's Note:

Bear with me, okay? I know this isn't the easiest or most exciting thing I've decided to spend time on, but bear with me on this. I plan on more action. It just takes time to think it all up.

(reason being that I don't actually create and follow a plot for any story...:twilightblush:)

Yesterday found me at Twilight's library in Ponyville. I was sat on the couch with her beside me with a quill and some parchment paper, writing down some things I told her.

I have already explained some things to her during Apple Bloom's party in the barn along with her friends and that saved me a whole lot of time. From her parchment, she looked up at me with a slightly raised brow.

''So...is that everything? Every last detail?'' She asked me, to which I nodded. Even still, she seemed so intriqued and interested by me. Nodding silently, she looked back through her notes and after a few moments, looked back to me and placed her parchment and quill aside.

''Well, Twilight? Can you help me?'' She smiled at me and nodded once more with a 'Mmm Hmm'.

''Matt, from everything you've told me, what you experienced was probably some form of magic, teleportation magic, to be precise.'' She looked back to the notes. ''The only problem is that I don't know who could of done such a spell. A teleportation spell that creates a path from an alternate dimention to another dimention takes a whole lot of skill and practice to master. There are only a few ponies I know that could of done that, but those would be alicorn princesses.'' At my confused expression, she continued. ''Princess Luna and Princess Celestia. A unicorn like me,'' She pointed to her horn. ''wings of a pegasus.'' She pointed to her sides.

''Oh, right, right.'' I looked down for a moment. ''But, why me? It makes no sense. I crashed my car into a tree and a white flash came and the next thing I know, Apple Bloom finds me on her family's farm plowed into a tree with me on top of my car.''

''Some things are better shown than explained.'' Twilight said and her horn glowed a dim purple aura and in moments, it glowed brighter in colour and it engulfed me, taking me by surprise. Out of shock, I tried to move, but found I couldn't. Eventually, Twilight's horn glowed to the point where it was almost white and everything went white.

For a moment or two, I was blind and when I regained my vision, I found myself standing in Twilight's bedroom just on the next floor from where I used to be standing.
Still shaking the shock from my mind, I looked down at her with my mouth slightly agape and she looked up at me with a smile.

''H-H-How did you do that?'' I asked, baffled.

She chuckled softly. ''Ha, magic.'' She stated simply before teleporting herself in a bright flash and appearing next to me. ''I thought it was odd when I first learned it, too, but you soon get used to the feeling.'' She smiled. ''In your case, though, it sounded to me like it was a much higher grade of teleportation magic. Mine is just simple magic that is taught to younger unicorns.''

''But how does it work? Doesn't it hurt?'' I asked, finding myself to be quite intriqued.

''It's pretty easy, really. You focus your mind on an object,'' She looked over to a nearby book that was laying on a bedside desk next to her bed and flared up her horn. ''and think of anywhere in your mind that you can channel your magic to and then,'' Her horn sparked and became white before flashing and where the book once was, it wasn't anymore. Now it was held in Twilight's hooves. ''you can do what you want with it!'' She displayed the book to me in her hooves before teleporting it back to the bedside desk. ''With magic, you need to be careful how much you use it to avoid burning out your horn.''

''Burnout?'' I asked, lost yet again.

''Mmm-hmm. That's when you reach your limit on how much magic you can do before you eventually burn out your magic, so you can't do any for weeks, but all of that really depends on the level of magic you are doing.''

''Right, so anyway, what you were saying before about dimentional teleportation, you are telling me only high level unicorns or alicorns can perform such magic?'' I asked, hoping to shift the conversation and lesson two-in-one to a conversation where I could get an answer.

''Yes. I can do teleportation magic in the short and medium range and carry objects and even ponies with me at the same time, but bringing something or someone from an alternate universe, no.'' She frowned and sat down on her bed, motioning for me to take a seat next to her.

Sitting down on her surprisingly soft bed spread, I felt uncomfortable for some reason. I turned to her and I found her looking deeply into my eyes with a sparkle visible to my eyes as I could see my reflection in her huge pupils.
For a while she just stared into my eyes and then she looked away with a soft blush appearing on her cheeks in a rosey glow.

''I-I'm s-sorry.'' She mumbled as she continued to avert her gaze from mine.

Okay, now I was so completely uncomfortable.

''T-Twilight, I think it would be b-best if I just go. Thanks for all the help.'' I said awkwardly, about to get up but was stopped by a hoof being placed around my arm.

''N-No, wait!'' Twilight said, causing me to turn back to face her. ''I'm sorry if I made you feel uncomfortable but please don't leave! There's so much more I'd like to know!'' Her pleading only made me all the more nervous and my nerves began to twitch, telling me I best get out of here before something happens.

Backing away, I began to run for the front door and was about to pull the handle upon reaching it only for it to be engulfed in the purple glow of Twilight's magic, holding it shut. Okay, now my heart was racing!

In fright, I turned to see the purple unicorn with scared eyes. I had no idea what was going through that mare's head, but I knew it wasn't going to be good.

Panicking, I looked around for any exit that I could get to without getting stopped by the slowly approaching unicorn.
Feverishly looking around, I spotted a nearby window just to my right and with nothing to lose (save for maybe my dignity), I made for it, charging with all my will power and jumped straight for it, going directly though the glass head-first before landing in a sheet of glass on the outside of the library with a crowd of ponies looking at me in a mixture of shock and surprise.

My head hurt and burned slightly with pain, telling me that it was cut. Brushing the glass shards off of me and forcing myself to my feet, I ran off in the direction of Sweet Apple Acres before anything else could transpire.

*** *** ***

Back at the farm, I was looking at my own reflection in the mirror in the upstairs bathroom whilst Apple Bloom patched up the small gash from the glass from earlier. I watched her apply some kind of antibacterial cream into the wound, making me wince in pain.

Neither of us said a thing for a while and the silence was getting awkward. The only sound that could be hear was that of both of our breathing. In the mirror, I kept looking over into her eyes when she thought I wasn't looking and I could see that her eyes held traces of sadness. Hating to see her upset, I broke the silence.

''Apple Bloom? Are you alright?'' I asked, my voice quieter than usual. She didn't respond for a moment as she continued to clean the gash before placing the cream aside and placing a small, white bandage over it before looking into my eyes, allowing me to see those fires in her eyes.

''Nothin's alright no more, Matt.'' She said bluntly. It was now incredibly obvious that something was up. ''In case ya'll don't reckon back, Ah hurt my friend. Not just that, mah own sister's so disappointed in me she won't even look me in the eye!'' She sighed heavily, regaining her composure. ''A-Ah'm sorry, Matt. Ah've just been so frustrated 'bout Scootaloo. Ah ain't seen her since what happened, nor Sweetie.''

At that I frowned. ''Bloom, how come you acted the way you did?'' I asked her innocently yet curiously. She gave me a look I haven't seen since the day I first met her, just like when she first met me.

''C-Can we n-not do this? Ah really ain't in the mood, Matt.'' She said slowly, looking down. However she wanted to try and avoid this conversation, I wanted an answer.

''Why? I saw the whole thing. The pony I saw assault Scoots wasn't you, AB. You wouldn't just attack her, I know you wouldn't. I actually think there's more to this than you want to tell me.'' I gently put two fingers beneath her chin and lifted her head up so that we made eye contact. It was clear that she was uncomfortable.

With her hoof, she pushed my hand back down and glared at me softly. ''Ah said Ah don't wanna talk 'bout it.'' She stated simply in a soft, angry tone. It only made it more obvious that she took it more to heart than I thought she would have.

''Apple Bloom-''

''Don't 'Apple Bloom' me, Matt!'' She snapped at me, causing me to stop talking as she continued to glare harder at me. ''Ah'm dropping this conversation and Ah wanna keep it dropped!'' And with that, she left, slamming the rickety old door shut and leaving me alone in the bathroom staring at where she had just been standing.

I honestly didn't expect her to be that upset. I didn't mean to press too hard on the matter, but sometimes you have no other option to get a straight answer. If anything was going to make this right, I knew exactly what it was.

It involved a certain orange pegasus named Scootaloo.

If only I could get both her and AB in the same room together, they might be able to talk it out.