• Published 13th Jan 2015
  • 3,531 Views, 25 Comments

The Day I Became A Millionaire - Ribe_FireRain



You live the dream when you win the lottery, but is it all you hoped for? Especially after you end up in an alternate universe?

  • ...
15
 25
 3,531

A Solution To Your Troubles

Author's Note:

Took like two nights to write all of this and for once, I enjoyed it! And I was surprised to see I wrote more than the first chapter that was like eleven-thousand+ words!

Well, hope you enjoy this one!

That long talk I had with Pinkie Pie had got me thinking about getting through this problem of mine and during my walk towards the farm and just entering the dirt path towards the homestead, something I had completely forgotten about: I was a millionaire.

Upon remembering that and feeling kinda stupid for forgetting such a thing, I remembered that I also had my wallet with me, including the fact that before I took the Mustang for a drive and crashed it, I put half of the money in my wallet and half in the bank, meaning that what I had on me was like five million dollars, excluding the fifty grand I paid for the Mustang.

With that money I had in mind, I turned my thoughts onto the barn that got destroyed during the storm. That time when Apple Bloom brought me into the house for the first time to introduce me to the family, she showed me the family album and in some of those pictures of the barn, giving me hint enough of how important the structure was to the whole Apple Family. That gave me an idea, the whole reason why I was heading back to the house to see Applejack about it to see if she would hear me out.

When I entered the house, I called Applejack's name to see if she was home but I didn't get a response until after a few moments, calling me into the kitchen where I found her sat at the table with her head in her hooves with a worried look on her face while she stared at some papers on the desk with what looked to be sums for working out costs.

''Applejack?'' I said, a little concerned by that look on her face. I took a seat next to her and sat so I was hanging on the edge of the seat so I was facing her. ''What's wrong? You look kinda tired.''

She sighed through her nostrils before turning to face me, the look in her emerald eyes saying it all. ''Ah'm trying to figure out how Ah'm going to pay for that barn. The market ain't been good lately, so Ah got no clue what Ah'm going to do.'' She frowned before planting her face into the table with a dull thud.

I placed my hand to her shoulder. ''Actually, AJ, you can stop worrying about that. There's something I want to talk to you about that may help you.'' Her ear twitched and she looked up at me in confusion, her brow raised. I smiled softly before reaching into my pocket and taking out my wallet, placing it on the table top, getting an even more confused look from Applejack.

''A wallet? Ah don't understand.''

''Applejack, I think it's about time I come clean. Where I came from, a day before I ended up here, I became a millionaire and that's how I bought that car. The Mustang cost me fifty grand to buy and was something I always wanted. I was only able to buy that because I won something millions of people play called the Lottery and when I did, I got ten million dollars.'' I let out a sigh, remembering how happy I was when I won, all that joy and pure happiness. It was the happiest I ever was in my entire life. ''Well, what I'm trying to say is that I just came back from Ponyville after talking with Pinkie after she gave me some advice. I had an idea and since I won't really be needing most of it...I wanna give it to your family.''

Applejack didn't say anything for a long while, just staring at me blankly, looking as though she didn't know what to say. Honestly, I didn't know how she would react at all when I decided I would tell her about this.

''Matt, A-A-Ah don't know what to say. Ah mean, honestly, Ah have no idea what you're saying and even if Ah did hear that right, Ah couldn't accept it, no matter how appreciative Ah am.'' She smiled before letting out a small yawn. ''Ah don't understand why.''

''Because,'' I began, smiling slightly wider. ''You and your family took me in and looked after me after Apple Bloom saved me from death just like I did for her and ever since then you all treated me like family, and for that I am forever greatful. That's why I want to give you the money for the barn. After all you and your family have done for me, I want to make it up to you by returning the favor.''

She sighed again, turning her full body towards me by sitting on the edge of the seat like I was. Instead of seeing a smile upon her lips, I saw a frown. ''Matt, Ah know you mean well and all, but Ah can't accept this. It's a mighty generous offer, but Ah can't do it. It doesn't feel right ta me.''

This time I frowned. I knew that she would probably turn down the kind of money I offered to her, like most people would do. Regardless, I couldn't just stand by and watch Applejack tire and stress herself out like this. If it needed to come down to Honesty to Honesty, then so be it.

''Applejack.'' I said firmly, catching her a little off guard at the tone. ''As much as I respect your feelings towards all of this, I think we should seriously talk this one out, Honesty to Honesty.'' I took in a deep breath before I placed both my hands to her shoulders and locked my eyes with Applejack's own, looking into her soul. ''Applejack, as hard as I know it is to accept such a thing that I'm offering you and your family, I feel as though honesty is the best thing right now. I know that honesty is your thing and you are more than likely to be a terrible liar, but I'm sensing that even though you look tired and may claim that you haven't stayed up more than a night figuring out your finances, you aren't being honest. I know your thing is honesty, Applejack, and I know that you are no liar. So, why do this to yourself? What you're doing isn't good for you, and I know you know it isn't either, so, why?''

Applejack shrank back, scooching herself further back in her seat as she pulled free from my loose grasp on her shoulders. For once, she looked as though I had finally gotten through to her.

''A-Ah'm doin' this because Ah need to! That barn has been in this family for generations and Ah'll be damned if Ah'm gonna allow it to stay destroyed!'' She said back to me in an angry, frustrated tone, making me cringe internally. ''Most of all, Ah'm gonna do this if it kills me, Matt! I have to! Ah'm known as being the most dependable of ponies, and Ah plan to live up to that title, not just for myself but also for my family and especially Apple Bloom! We were the two who built that thing in the first place!''

''I can't stop you, I know that, but all I want is for you to listen to me.'' I gave her my most serious glare, looking into that green fire in her eyes. ''As a friend to another, please, please, please don't kill yourself trying to sort this out and let me help you, or if not, don't do anything you'll regret. You won't be able to do this on your own.'' I told her, seeing her calm a little before I wrapped my arms around her and hugged her before I got up from the chair and took my leave, taking my wallet as I went on my way out of the kitchen and into the living room.

Upon entering the living room, I was surprised when I my eyes met a pair of bright orange eyes that resembled calm fires. I stumbled back a bit in shock upon seeing her there before regaining my composure. Her face was adorned with a small frown and her eyes only displayed worry and uncertainty. It was clear that something was bothering her.

''A-Apple Bloom?'' I managed to say, not sure what to say in her presence, not so prepared for this. ''Are-Are you okay? Did you hear any of that just now?'' It was a stupid question. Of course it was a stupid question! She looked miserable and upset! And of course she probably heard me talking to Applejack.

''Why?'' Is all she said, her voice a tired whisper. ''Why did you leave without saying anything, Matt?'' Christ, she sounded like she was going to break and cry. It wouldn't really surprise me if she did. Afterall, I did hurt her, but probably not as much as I would when I tell her something I really need to get off of my chest, for both our and her family's sakes.

All I could respond with was ''It's complicated.'' before I knelt down and hugged her. All I wanted to do was to tell her that I was sorry but I knew that a simple apology wasn't going to cut it. ''Apple Bloom, I think it's time we have a little talk. I think we should go to your room.'' She pulled away and gave me a single nod before heading up to her bedroom where I planned to tell her everything, including something that I know will hurt no matter what happens between us.

*** *** ***

''...So that's why I think it would be best if we just stay as friends.'' I finished explaining myself to her, seeing tears fall from her eyes. She held her hooves to her eyes as she slumped down on her bed, crying heavily. We had spent at least a few hours in her bedroom together discussing this whole thing about us two being together and what the family thought about it.

It was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do and it wouldn't have to of come down to this if only the family was alright with me and Apple Bloom being together. In this situation, all I could do was pull her into a hug, holding her close to me and stroking her mane. ''I'm so sorry about all of this, Apple Bloom. You know that I'll never love another mare.'' I told her as I held her. She lifted her head up and removed her hooves from her eyes to look into my eyes that were too glazed with tears. For the first time in a long time, I saw a smile creep onto her lips.

''T-Thanks for that, Matt. Ya'll are such a loyal friend to me and for that, Ah'm greatful. Ah jus' wish that it didn't have to come ta this.''

''I hoped so, too, but we didn't realy have a choice, and I'd really rather not start a war with your family.'' I released a sigh, as did Apple Bloom. Something told me that even before any of this started, she knew that it would end up this way. True, I did love her and she loved me, but out of respect for her family, I told her I thought it would be best if we just remianed as friends. As hard as it is to say it, it's all probably for the best. (Especially if Big Macintosh found out that we were both envolved romantically with each other, I was as good as dead.)

''Hey, Matt? What exactly were ya talking to AJ about? Ah heard ya mention something about the barn but that's pretty much it.''

I blinked. ''You heard that, huh?'' I said. ''Well, since you asked, I'll tell you the same as I told Applejack. Apple Bloom, you saved me from death after I crashed my car into a tree and I saved yours after I was let into your home. You all treated me like family and are pretty much all I have in this world and for all you've done for me, I wanted to return the favor. Your barn that you and Applejack put up got destroyed during the storm and I offered to help you all pay for the repairs to rebuild it. You see, nothing really matters to me anymore because I have more money than I know what to do with and under the circumstances, I'll be willing to give you what you need for all you've done for me so we can all be even.''

Apple Bloom raised her brow. ''Wait...how much, if you don't mind me askin'?''

''Five million. Way more than enough for rebuilding a barn. I honestly don't mind. I mean, what use is it to me now? The only amount I ever spent of it was fifty grand for the Mustang, and look what happened - it got destroyed and I have no petrol for it. Not to mention that I normally had ten million, and that is in the bank back home and I have no way of getting it back, so I'm going to do the right thing and give your family what I have left. It's the least I can do after all you have done for me.'' I smiled to her, getting a smile back, the kind that made my heart melt.

''You're a good guy, Matt, Ah'll give you that. But what did Applejack say?''

''As thankful as she was for my offer, she turned it down. She said that it isn't the honest way and that she wouldn't feel right about it if she did take me up on it. So for now, I guess I'm out of ideas for how to help her. Did you even know that she has been staying up late, night by night trying to work out how to pay for the barn?''

Apple Bloom blinked, clearly a little taken aback. ''W-What? Really? Well, Ah guess Ah can't be that surprised by this. It ain't the first stubborn thing she's done. Ya should of seen her during Applebuck Season, she tried to harvest all the trees by herself! She pretty much nearly worked her way into the ground!''

Okay, I've seen the size of the whole orchard compared to Applejack herself as a pony and that just didn't add up...

''You're serious about that? I didn't think she could possibly be that stubborn.'' We both shared a laugh together for a few moments before Apple Bloom suddenly gave a gasp and for some reason, she was grinning at me.

''Matt, Ah just got a brilliant idea!'' She chimed that smile on her face growing wider by the second. ''If Applejack can't help herself, us two and Big Macintosh will help her!''

''How do you propose we do that?''

''Here at Sweet Apple Acres, we bake our apple pies and we use carts to deliver them to places far away to earn some extra money on the side! I was thinking that maybe we could use your car to get them delivered faster and then we'll have enough money for a new barn in no time!'' Her grin was now at the point where it looked like her jaw would break if it got any wider.

''That's a great idea, Apple Bloom!'' I smiled as I hugged her before I deflated a little upon realising something. ''But...it won't work. My car is destroyed and out of petrol and I have not the slightest idea of how to repair the engine.''

Her smile fell down to a non-toothy level but didn't fade completely, still full of hope. ''Maybe not, but...'' she pointed to her cutie mark of the artist's brush and pallet. ''...Ah could fix it! After all, it is my special talent and even though Ah know more about woodwork and drawin' and stuff, Ah could figure out how to fix it. What's to lose? It's worth the shot.''

''Bloom, believe me, cars are not toys and you at least need to know about electronics and what each and every component does. But like you said, what's to lose? I guess we could give it a try and see what happens.''

*** *** ***

Outside, both me and Apple Bloom walked outside into the orchard and towards where I last left the car just after I found Apple Bloom when she got thrown into one of the trees. To say the least about the state of the car, it was a complete mess.

The red paint was scratched and scuffed in numerous areas, more specifically on the front where most damage was present and the driver's seat door was open, also covered in scratches, as well as small bits of twigs and some leaves. The windscreen still had that hole in it on the driver's side where I was launched out when I first crashed it and thankfully, both of the headlights were still intact.

I went beside the driver's seat and reached underneath the steering wheel for the latch to release the catch on the bonnet of the car and upon pulling it after eventually finding it and hearing a soft 'clunk' I went back to the front of the car and raised the bonnet so that the whole engine block was exposed.

Just looking at that thing made us both realize that we had our work cut out for us. I could only spot a few parts that I could fix on my own, but there was one problem - how the hell am I going to get the engine out to look it over? I have no idea what is damaged and what isn't.
Apple Bloom looked the components over and looked somewhat amazed by all the technology.

''Apple Bloom, are you sure you're up to this? This isn't going to be easy and I have not the slightest clue of how long this may take us. But first, we have to move this thing someplace where we can actually work on it.'' I closed the bonnet and sat in the driver's seat and took the car keys from my pocket and inserted them into the ignition slot and turned them, causing the car to sputter and cough, giving me a good idea of how much work is going to be needed to fix the engine and that I was low on petrol. I turned them again and the engine jumped to life, letting out a loud growl that made Apple Bloom jump back in fright.

''It's alright, Apple Bloom. C'mon, we need to find someplace safe for this thing so we can work on it.'' I motioned to the passenger seat and slowly, she opened the door and climbed in. I gave a little smirk at her before I released the handbrake and pushed my foot down on the pedal, causing the car to launch from it's stationary position with a roar from the engine and making Apple Bloom give a small scream of surprise as we headed down the orchard and towards the farmhouse
.
As I drove, the engine kept creating a 'thunk'ing noise and the stench of petrol was more than my nose could take, making me feel like I wanted to sneeze. I momentarily looked over to Apple Bloom, seeing how scared she looked, prompting me to lower the speed down to a bearable level for a pony who is having their first time riding in a car with a speed-freak such as myself.

''D-Don't d-do that again, M-Matt! Ah swear, Ah've had enough crazy things happen ta me today!'' She scowled at me, to which I let out a short laugh before giving her a soft, apologetic smile.

Just outside of the farmhouse, I drove around the side of it and found that the flattened ground was good enough for us to work on, so I pressed my foot down on the brake and pulled up the handbrake once the car was stationary again.

We both got out and for the first few moments, AB gave me an angry glare, only causing me to snicker. Unlocking the bonnet again, I raised it up to reveal the engine block. I also realized I had no tools to work with, but that could wait, seeing as I didn't know exactly what needed fixing.

I looked at the grille where the symbol of the galloping horse once was and then I looked over to Apple Bloom whom was looking right back at me and then I found yet another grin creep onto my face. Without saying anything, I charged back into the farmhouse and opened a draw in the stand beside the couch and took out the Apple Family's Album and I swiped through the pages until I found the picture of Apple Bloom as a filly that I saw earlier when she first showed me the album.

Smiling to myself, I took the picture from its holder and put it into my pocket, an idea sparking in my brain.

*** *** ***

I found myself in the basement of the farmhouse with the picture of the filly Apple Bloom and my idea couldn't be any better. I thought that if my Mustang is going to be repaired to do runs for the family, it needs to represent the family and with nothing on the grille to indicate that the car is indeed a production of Ford, I decided I'd make my own symbol to take the place of the galloping horse.

And so I used some metal and various cutting equipment I found to cut out and create a galloping Apple Bloom with reference to the picture. It was around the same size and length of the galloping horse and I tried to keep as much reference to it as the actual Apple Bloom by including the details to her mane and bodily features and to emphasize that, I added in the iconic pink bow that AB is known for.

I smiled at my work. It may of been small, but it was something. After what seemed like the longest time ever that I've spent in a basement (which it was) I left the basement and appoached the front of my car where I placed the galloping Apple Bloom piece I made and surprisingly, it fit quite nicely.

With that over, I drew my attention back to all of the damaged parts on the body of the car and I needed to think of how to fix all of those scrapes and dents that were scattered all around the front of the car.

And then...

''Matt?'' I heard a voice say from behind me and when I turned, I saw Apple Bloom watching me with those gorgeous eyes of hers. ''What are ya doin'?''

''Oh, hey, Bloom. I was just doing...something.'' I mumbled, feeling kind of awkward. She took notice of my strange look and craned her head around so she looked past my side and at the grille of my car where the newest addition was placed.

''Oh, it's just that Ah found this.'' She pulled something out of her mane and showed it to me and my body froze a little. It was the picture of her as a filly that I took from the Family Album. ''Mind explainin'?''

''I-I-I, um, uh...surprise?'' I ended lamely, rubbing the back of my head awkwardly. Without word, Apple Bloom threw her hooves around me and pulled me into a bone-crunching hug. Yeah, surprise indeed.

She smiled softly at me. ''Ah think that ya'll did a good job with that. Next time, though, at least tell me you took a picture from the Album.'' She said as she hugged me warmly.

''N-No problem, Bloom. The idea just came to me, and after all, I think you look kinda cute as a filly.'' I smiled at her, to which she blushed a dark rosey colour. And for the sake of torment, I knelt down to her level and gave her a peck on the cheek, intensifying her blush. I couldn't help but chuckle at the look on her face.

''Yeah, yeah, Ah love ya too, Matt.'' She replied with a soft chuckle of her own.

*** *** ***
Four Weeks later...
*** *** ***

Apple Bloom came bursting into the farmhouse with probably the hugest grin I've ever seen her wear and in her hoof she held a letter sealed in a blue envelope.

''Oh mah gosh, oh mah gosh, oh mah gosh! They're comin' back to town! Ah can't believe it!'' She chimed, bouncing all over the room in shear excitement. From the couch I stared at her blankly, clearly not having the slightest clue what she was saying or what she meant.

Getting up, I held her shoulders to stop her bouncing, and when she did, she still held that beaming grin of hers. ''Whoa, whoa, calm it down, Bloom. Who's coming to town?'' I asked, clearly confused.

''Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle!'' She chimed once more, resuming her hopping, knocking me down as she ran over me. ''They're mah two bestest friends ever! They said that they're comin' to town on the next train! It's been forever since we've seen one another! This is gonna be so awesome!'' She shouted as she let out the loudest squee I've ever heard.

Recovering from the forceful blow from the soft, cream coloured lightning bolt, I climbed my way back to my feet and turned to face her. ''That's great, Bloom.'' I smiled to her. ''So, when's the next train?''

At the question, she paused and her eyes snapped to look at the clock that hung on the wall, seeing that it read twelve-twenty five. She gasped and launched herself out of the door, blasting down the road after saying something in a hyperactive sentence that sounded like, ''Oh my gosh, Ah'm gonna be late to meet them! Gotta go, bye!''

I blinked, seeing her vanish over the horizon shortly afterwards.

*** *** ***

With Apple Bloom gone and nothing to do, I found myself outside, working on my car. In the past couple weeks, me and Apple Bloom have finally managed to fix the engine and the fan and numerous other components that are vital for the functioning of the engine to work safely and normally.

Oh, and thanks to some connections that the Apple Family have with some pony called Filthy Rich who they do most of their marketing with, they were able to set a deal so that I could get some petrol to go into the tank of the Mustang, so now it was a whole lot more possible than before to do some pie delivery runs.

With a few tweaks here and there along with a satisfied smile, I closed the bonnet with a click that told me that it locked in place. To test it, I sat in the driver's seat with the door open and turned the keys in the ignition slot, causing the car to roar to life and vibrate from the power that the engine created, along with a pocket of exhaust fumes from the back.

It felt so good to have the car back to it's former glory. It may not of been new, but at least it worked like it should. Hell, even the electronic dials and screens worked properly. The only problem was that I couldn't get a windscreen, simply because they are designed specifically for each car and that makes replacing them a royal pain in the ass, and because my Mustang is the only one in this world, it was impossible to find a replacement.

Satisfied that my work was done for the time being, I turned off the engine and got out of the car, looking over it to see if I missed anything. As I looked it over, another fantastic idea entered my mind. My car was red, right? The signature colour of the Apple Family. Well, if it's already red and represents the Apple Family, why not paint some apples on it? Just a red car and a symbol of Apple Bloom as a filly with the bow won't say 'I represent the Apple Family'.

Applejack's cutie mark in mind, I was wondering how it would look on the car's front doors. Three, perfectly red apples with green leaves on their tops. I smiled again and remembered that I saw some red and green paint in the basement that would be perfect for the job.

*** *** ***

Around a few hours later after repainting the scratched parts on the car's front and adding the symbol of the three apple that matched Applejack's, the paint job was complete.

Standing back to admire my work I nodded my head in approval at how it appeared now that it has been fixed and completely restored. I just hoped that Applejack and Apple Bloom approve of this as much as I do.

Speaking of Applejack, I wonder how she's doing. I haven't seen her for at least a couple days. Going to see how she was holding up after our last talk, I entered the farmhouse and checked the living room and kitchen but found no trace of her. Next, I checked the upstairs part of the house and I didn't know where her room was since I haven't exactly had chance to find out.

Although by a logical guess, it would probably be on the left-hand side of the hallway. Shrugging to myself, I tried the door at the very end, seeing a room decorated the same way as Apple Bloom's with around the same amount of furniture and decoration.

On the bed that was positioned on the wall nearest to the door I spotted her, laying on the bed on her chest with her hat on the floor beside it. Her mane was raggled and uneven and her lovely, normally well-kept and smooth coat was no different. In front of her muzzle were some papers that I assumed were the same ones that I saw her working on to figure out the costs for the barn.

Seeing her in the state that she was got me worried. Quietly, I sat next to her. ''Applejack?'' I said softly, nudging her shoulder, to which she groaned before slowly raising her head to reveal a tired pair of pale emerald eyes that looked back into mine. ''Are you alright? You look terrible.''

She blinked at me, trying to get rid of the tiredness that lingered within them before a loud yawn escaped her. ''Oh, hey there, Matt.'' She managed a weak smile. ''Ah'm just trying to clear my head about this problem with have with the barn.''

''Really? AJ, I haven't seen you for two days straight and I'm worried about you. You've been driving yourself into the ground trying to work out how to pay for that barn, and I don't want to see that happen.'' I told her with my most sincere tone. ''Besides, you can stop worrying now.''

Her ear twitched. ''Huh? Whaddaya mean?''

''I'm saying that I've got a solution. I was talking to Apple Bloom and she told me that you do pie deliveries? Well, from what she told me about it, you, her and Big Macintosh use carts to bring them to where they're needed. To me, that sounds like it takes forever.''

She sighed. ''What's your point, Matt?''

''I'm saying that I've found you a much faster way to get them delivered - my car. AB and me have been fixing it up and now that it's finally completely restored and repainted, I can give you a use for it.''

''A-Are ya suggesting that we use it to deliver our pies?'' She asked me, sitting upright and facing me, seemingly more awake than she was minutes ago.

''Yes, that's the idea. Come on, AJ, all me and AB want to do is help you. If you do it the way you always have, you won't have much of a chance in getting that barn rebuilt any time soon. You need the money, so if you take me up on my idea and use my car to make your deliveries, you'll get more money twice as fast and you will get the barn rebuilt a whole lot faster.''

''Ah dunno, Matt. Ah appreciate what you're doin', but Ah just ain't all that sure about that. What Ah'm sayin' is how do you plan to use it to take pies along?''

I brightened. ''Easy. Most cars come with hitches, and mine has one, so you'd be able to connect some to that and put some in the boot of the car, as well as in the back seats.'' I held her shoulder. ''I can tell that you're unsure, but all me and AB want to do is help you. At least consider it. I've got the car all ready if you change your mind and I won't have much a problem taking care of the deliveries for you. Hell, I'd even help you bake the pies. I do have some experience in catering from my grandmother.''

Applejack looked down for a moment before letting out another sigh from her nostrils in defeat and looking back into my eyes, letting a smile creep onto her lips. ''Alright, Matt. If it means that much to you, I'll take you up on it.''

I looked to the floor for a moment, picking up her hat and placing it atop her ruffled, blonde mane before hugging her. ''Thank you. I promise, I won't let you down.''

''Ah should be thankin' you. Ah don't know what I would of done if ya'll didn't put some sense into me.''

This time, I blushed softly as I broke away from the friendly embrace. ''I'm just glad to be of help, Applejack. It's the least I could do after all the stuff your family has done for me. Look on the bright side, though. Now you can finally get some sleep and get your deliveries made twice as fast.'' I saw a bright smile upon her lips, my own smile mirroring it. ''Now, I think you should try to get some sleep. We're gonna need you wide awake if we're gonna be baking tomorrow.''

''Yeah, I hear you.'' She gave me a tired smile. ''Again, thank you.'' I returned the smile before I exited the room and went back downstairs where I found myself staring into the calm, life-filled eyes of Apple Bloom and two other ponies, a unicorn and a pegasus, whom I guessed were Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle.

''Hey, Matt. This is Scootaloo,'' She ponted a hoof to the pegasus with an orange coat that was a little lighter than Applejack's and her mane was a scruff of purple, matching her eye colour. Her cutie mark was of a tire trailed by fire. ''and Sweetie Belle.'' She pointed to the unicorn. Sweetie had a pearl white coat and a two-tone soft pink and violet mane that was curled neatly at the front and back and her eyes were a soft sea-foam green colour. Her cutie mark was of a pink heart surrounded by musical notes of the same colour.

''Nice to meet you both.'' I greeted them both with a friendly smile before Scootaloo asked me, ''Why are you covered in red paint?''

I blinked before looking to my chest where I saw splotches of red paint covering my shirt. How did I not notice that? This is the only shirt I had!
''Huh, didn't realize that.'' I scratched at the back of my head. ''Anyway, to answer your question, I've been painting.'' At that, Apple Bloom gave me a curious expression. ''Come on, I'll show you.'' I said before heading out of the front door of the house and around the side of the house to the back where I left the car in the sun so the paint would dry. By now, it should be dry.

The three of them looked over the body of the new fixed up Mustang with mixed expressions, both of Scootaloo's and Sweetie's expressions curious but unsure at what they were seeing. As for Apple Bloom's expression, I could read what she was thinking by that gleam in her eyes.
''You like it?'' I asked her. She walked up to the door of the car and lightly touched a hoof to the now dried red pain for a brief moment before turning back to me with a smile.

''It's perfect.'' She said with a nod, pulling me into a small hug before releasing me.

''Oh, another thing. Applejack agreed to let us use it to deliver the pies.''

''She did?! That's wonderful! So, we get to bake tomorrow or today?'' Bloom asked me with a hopeful look in her eyes.

''We bake tomorrow. We're all set for now, so we can do whatever we want for the rest of the day.''

Apple Bloom looked over to her friends with a smile. ''Oh, great! You three can get to know each other! Ah can tell already that ya'll all be good friends!'' Scootaloo and Sweetie smiled to me.

''Yeah, sure. Any friend of Apple Bloom is a friend of ours.'' Scootaloo said with a friendly smile. ''So, Apple Bloom, have you told him about the clubhouse?''

''Oh, yeah, good idea!''

''Huh? What clubhouse?'' I asked them with a raised brow. My response was one of her hooves gripping around my hand and hauling me off in a direction towards the treeline just on the outskirts of the farm where the three of them brought me inside of the treeline a short ways away and showed me some kind of treehouse built into the side of a tree trunk.

From it's appearance, I could tell that it hasn't been used or maintained for a good long while and it had at least two or three windows with shutter that hung off by their hinges and the paintwork was faded but was noticeably once a soft yellow and blue colour. As for the entrance to the treehouse, a single, short ramp with faded blue paint on it hung from the side, lowered down to the floor.

''So...what is this? Some kind of treehouse?'' I asked, clearly confused.

''The Cutie Mark Crusader clubhouse!'' The three of them shouted in unison. ''This is where we used to hang out when we were all fillies!'' Apple Bloom explained. ''Ever since we all became best friends, the three of us decided to create the Cutie Mark Crusaders, a club devoted to helping blank-flanks get their cutie marks!''

''Yeah, and it was the bestest time of our lives!'' Scootaloo said with a smile, reminiscing.

''Yeah, those were the days...'' Sweetie said a little dreamily. ''Anyway, why don't you let us show you around?'' She said, turning to me, to which I simply shrugged.

''Sure, why not?''

Led by the three of them up the old but surprisingly stable ramp, Scootaloo opened the faded, rose-coloured door to the clubhouse in a cloud of dust, causing the trio to cough momentarily, as did I.

The inside wasn't much different than the outside and there were some things still left in it. There was an old box with a dusty gas lamp sitting atop it and in the far right corner, I could make out a round, red and white painted section of flooring with a small, cracked bulb hanging above it by a single wire and directly at the back in the centre, placed just a few inches from touching the wall, stood a wooden podium with a faded blue shield on the front with what looked like a white, rearing filly in a cape that fluttered lightly in the air.

I could see the three of them smiling as they looked around the place. It was very obvious to me that this clubhouse played a very important part of their childhood together and housed many good memories.

''It's been forever since we've seen this place.'' Sweetie said, taking in what the years of no cleaning and maintenance had done to the place. ''I can't believe we let this place go. We've had so many good times here. Why'd it have to end?''

''Because we got our cutie marks, duh.'' Scootaloo rolled her eyes at her. ''Besides, how can we be a Cutie Mark Crusader when we already have our cutie marks? You gotta grow up some time.'' She said.

''Yeah, I guess so.'' Sweetie replied with a sad look, looking down at the floor.

''Aw, come on, girls,'' Apple Bloom said to them. ''we had a good run with this place. This place is still ours and all it needs is a little clean, but first I think we should show Matt what we do.'' She turned her attention towards me momentarily with a smile before looking over to her two friends before nodding to them.

Taking the hint of what she was saying, Sweetie sat where the red and white painted circle was whilst Scootaloo said, ''This is where we come up with ideas,'' before she tapped the light bulb, presumably trying to flick it on but all that happened was that it fell out of its place and smashed on top of Sweetie's head with a loud shatter.

Sweetie rubbed her head, wincing in pain before letting out a soft 'ow'. Next, Scootaloo sat at the box, using it as a table as she mimed eating something whilst Sweetie said, ''And this is where we have our lunch,'' Scootaloo made a soft gulping noise and then Apple Bloom held an old purple coloured crayon in her mouth and motioned to a map on the wall with what I guessed was a drawing of Ponyville that one of them made as a filly.

''And this is where we cross our map.'' Apple Bloom said through the crayon around her mouth before spitting it out and she giggled to herself, as did the other two. ''Hehe, I missed doing that.''

''Well, that was...something.'' I said, impressed that this is what they did for a living as fillies, having the tenacity to keep at it to get what they wanted, no matter what the world threw at them.

In the corner of the clubhouse, I heard a gasp and when I looked over along with Scootaloo and Apple Bloom, we all saw Sweetie levitating something out of an old trunk with a soft green glow that matched her eye colour.

''They're still here!'' She said with happiness coating her voice. When she turned to face us, I heard the other two gasp as well. In her magic was some kind of dark red cloak with a glittering, golden underlining with the same blue shield and white, rearing filly I saw on the podium.
The other two went up to the trunk as a wave of happiness washed over them as they picked two other cloaks of the same size and colour as the one Sweetie had.

''Ah forgot all about these!'' Apple Bloom said, hugging hers close to her chest, as was Scootaloo.

I watched them all have their moments as they recollected their old but happy memories. That gave me yet another idea. Just from this small experience, I could tell that these three close and best-of-friends had a special place in their hearts for this clubhouse.
Not just a month ago, I overheard Applejack say that Apple Bloom's twentieth birthday was coming up sometime in the next week from now.
I already did something for her family, but haven't made it up to her for what I caused. This time, I was going to do it right and make it up to her once and for all, to show her just how much I really did care about her.
It was time to get the brush and paint out!

*** *** ***
Three Days Later
*** *** ***

Covered in a mixture of red, blue and yellow paint, I stood just outside of the CMC Clubhouse and admired my work.
The old and faded, peeling paint has been replaced by a fresh layer of the colour it once was and it looked like it had been revived from the dead, back into the light and the world of living.

I even took the time to dust the place off to the way I presumed it once looked. The shutters on the windows were also repainted a rose-pink colour like they used to be and they were screwed back on to their hindges securely. The door on the other hand was painted so that it matched the shutters and also screwed back into the frame securely.

For once, I could say that all that experience with DIY came in handy. I was proud of my work. I knew that AB and her friends would love this, too. I only hoped that they didn't come back until her birthday when I could reveal it to them.

In the meantime, I looked like hell. I seriously needed a shower to get this paint off of me. There was some also in my hair, covering my natural black-brown a combination of the red, blue and yellow in small pockets. I'm sure they wouldn't mind if I used their shower.

*** *** ***

A quick wash here and there, my body and hair was cleansed of any traces of paint and back to their former glory. After a quick dry, I headed downstairs where I saw Scootaloo, Sweetie Belle and Apple Bloom sat together in a circle in the middle of the living room, giggling and sharing a few laughs.

They didn't seem to notice my presence as I came down the stairs and headed next to the front door of the framhouse where my jacket was hung up by the rack on the wall. The black material that made the jacket was still soft to the touch and looked as new as the day I bought it. Despite the storm that threw rampaging wind, rain and sticks and leaves its way, it still managed to stay intact, apart from one or two small specks of mud that were lining the bottom of it at the front and partially at the back from when I used it to wrap around Apple Bloom when she...ooookay, not thinking about it...

I shook my head, wiping my hand across my eyes as memories of that night surfed through my mind. Trying to take my mind off of it, I took my jacket from the rack and put it on, flicking off a couple traces of grime with my hand.

''Oh, hey, Matt.'' I heard the soft, scratchy voice of Scootaloo say from behind me, causing me to turn around to face the trio of friends. She must of caught on my expression because her lips transformed into a frown and she looked on at me with worrysome eyes. ''What's up? Why do you look so glum?''

''I-It's nothing, Scootaloo.'' I lied. ''Just kinda tired.'' Trying to hide my glum expression to avoid thinking about that night of the storm, I turned to avoid eye contact and made for the front door. ''I uh...I'm just gonna go out for a while.'' And with that, I left without another word to avoid further conversation.

''What do you think that was about?'' Scootaloo asked with a raised brow as she turned towards her two friends.

''Ah dunno, girls. He ain't been acting like normal these past few days. He's been looking tired and kinda sad for a while now.'' Apple Bloom said in a concerned tone.

''Any idea why?'' Sweetie asked, to which Apple Bloom simply shook her head.

''Actually, no. Although, I guess I have an idea why. Ah haven't had that much of chance to tell you yet, girls, but Matt ain't exactly from here. Ah don't have a clue how, but Ah found him on top of his car in one of the orchards, all smashed and beaten up. It's a wonder he's alive at all. Ever since then, he's been stayin' with us.'' Apple Bloom explained. ''Ah think that after all that's happened, he misses his family. Ah don't even think that he can get back home.''

Sweetie gave a sympathetic smile. ''Well, I think you're sweet to of taken him in and look out for him. He seemes like a really nice guy.''

Scootaloo shared her smile. ''Yeah, you two seem to get along quite well.'' She said, to which AB let out a dreamy sigh.

''Yeah, we do. He's been so sweet and kind towards me and he saved mah life during that storm about four or so weeks ago.'' She frowned, looking to the floor with a saddened look in her eyes. Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo gasped softly, shocked to hear what their friend had just said.

''W-W-What happened?'' Sweetie asked. Apple Bloom looked back up, meeting her now watery eyes with Sweetie and Scootaloo's own.

''W-When the storm was at it's worst that night, A-Ah followed Matt outside and Ah...and Ah...'' She choked back a bit before forcing herself to continue. ''...Ah got thrown into a tree and Ah nearly d-died. Ah was jus' lucky enough that Matt was able to restart mah heart in time.'' She was crying now, bell-bottomed tears dripping down her cheeks and plopping onto the wooden floor.

Her friends too were crying and pulled their life-long friend into a hug, holding her tight and close.

''I-I'm sorry, Bloom. We had no idea!'' Scootaloo said as she wrapped her hooves around Apple Bloom.

''Y-You've got nothin' to be sorry for, girls. In a way, Ah guess it was also mah fault that it happened.'' AB said with a sniffle before she pulled away from the embrace, looking into her friend's eyes. ''Gosh, look at me. You two ain't even been here that long and Ah'm already telling you all of this.'' She let out an awkward laugh. ''We haven't even caught up, yet.''

Scootaloo only smiled to her friend. ''That doesn't matter, Bloom. We're just glad that you're still in one piece and alive.'' She pulled her back into a hug and nuzzled her cheek. ''All that matters is that you're alright, Apple Bloom.''

Sweetie joined in the hug. ''Yeah, that's all that matters.'' She said as she held her friend in her hooves and settled into the embrace.

AB Smiled to them. ''Ah'm so glad that you two are mah friends. Ah dunno what Ah'd do without you.''

''By the way, we haven't been all that honest, Apple Bloom.'' Scootaloo said. ''Now that we're back in Ponyville, we're staying for good, or at least until we get called away again. You know, until at least something comes up.''

''Oh, that's great!'' AB brightened up, wiping her eyes as she found her smile. ''So we can hang out like we used to? Just like the good old days?'' Her friends gave a soft 'Mmm Hmm' and she wiped away the remaining tears, finding her joyful mood once again. ''You girls are the best! Maybe now we can get the CMC up and runnin' again!''

They both gasped. ''That's a great idea, Bloom!'' Scootaloo said, raising her hoof in the air, followed by Sweetie and finally Apple Bloom before lowering them down until they touched before clonking them together and then they shot them into the air as they shouted in unison, ''Cutie Mark Crusaders are go!''

*** *** ***

A new morning dawned upon Sweet Apple Acres and already awake in the early morning was the three friends Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo. They were all running together towards the old CMC Clubhouse, giggling and smiling as if they were fillies again.

Heading towards the treeline and getting inside to where the clubhouse was located, Scootaloo, who was first to get there stopped dead in her tracks with her mouth hanging agape as she stared at the sight in front of her in a mixture of shock and disbelief at what she was seeing.
Seeing that their friend had stopped, the other two were about to ask what was wrong and when they looked to where she was looking, they too froze.

In front of them, what was once a deserted, abandoned old clubhouse was now a newly-painted, dusted off and newly fixed up version of what it used to be. Just like they all remembered, the main body was done in the same, vibrant yellow that it has always been, along with the ramp and base of the clubhouse that was a touch of soft mixture of blue-green whilst the shutters and front door were done in a rose-pink.
Speechless, they blinked and rubbed their eyes to make sure they weren't just seeing things. Realizing that they weren't seeing things, Scootaloo came forward and touched the ramp softly with a hoof and getting nothing on it, could tell that whoever did this did it just hours ago.

''It's...it's dry.'' Scootaloo said, turning back to her friends as the faintest of smiles appeared on her lips, still taking in the reality of seeing their childhood clubhouse being restored.

''B-But who did this?'' Sweetie said, her voice quiet.

Apple Bloom looked it over, walking up to the ramp and placing a testing hoof onto it before placing her whole body wait onto it, expecting to hear a creak, but heard none. Much to her surprise, it was as if they never left it. It was just the way they remembered it. She would be lying right now if she said she didn't feel a tingle in her amber eyes.

''Ah don't believe it. It's like it always have been!'' She wiped a stray tear from her eye, as did her two companions. She walked up the non-creaking ramp with her two friends and gently pressed her hoof against the front door to the clubhouse, pushing it inwards to reveal a just-as-restored interior as the exterior.

The interior was completely dusted off and spotless, to the point where it actually shined. In the back, the podium with the CMC logo attached to it had been cleaned and polished and looked as good as new, along with everything else in the room. The white and red Thinking Circle in the far right corner had been repainted and the lightbulb hanging above it by its wire had also been replaced by a new bulb whilst the lantern on the box at the far back wall was also fixed up and dusted off.

Though slightly yellowed and aged, the map on the wall looked somewhat new on its place on the wall.
Sweetie looked to where the trunk was in the corner, and when she opened it, her gasp prompted Apple Bloom and Scootaloo to come over, also gasping at what they were seeing inside.

The small, red and golden-lined red cloaks that the three wore as fillies, one appearing to be torn at the end that was recognized as Scootaloo's, were still in their same place but next to them was three more of the same material but in a size big enough for an adult pony.

Levitating it in her magic, Sweetie lifted it up and inspected it. I was indeed the same materials as the original cloaks and the patch of the rearing white filly was in the same place it always has been, only slightly bigger. However, one small change that she could see was that along the front on the breast of the cloak was something written in a brighter red fabric. It read 'Apple Bloom'.

Gasping softly, she pulled the other two out and on them was the same kind of fabric in the same place. One read 'Scootaloo' in purple and the other read 'Sweetie Belle' in a soft green fabric.

Finding her smile, Sweetie draped her friend's cloaks over her friend's backs and tied them in place, as did she. They were soft and snug on the inside and the outside, dark red-maroon colour was just as smooth and soft as the inside.

AB touched her hoof to her name in the fabric, running it along it. She smiled to herself, as were her friends. They were all simply at a loss for words. Looking closely at the cloak, Apple Bloom thought that the work looked all too similar to Rarity's, but why would she make them? Surely she wasn't the one who did this?

''Sweetie Belle? Doesn't this look an awful lot like Rarity's work?'' Apple Bloom asked her with a suspicious tone. Blinking, Sweetie looked closer at her own cloak, getting the same look in her eyes that Apple Bloom had.

''Now that you mention it...'' She held it partly in her hooves. ''...yes. Only Rarity could get something this precise. Not to mention that she knows only what the materials are and the golden material was especially made by her.'' She looked into Apple Bloom's eyes. ''Girls, I think we should see if she knows anything about this.''

*** *** ***

''Stop moving so much, darling!'' Rarity ordered as she pulled a bow tighter in place here and there. ''How do you expect me to make you look absolutely dashing when you keep moving so fast?''

''Ugh, how much longer? I'm sooooo bored!'' Rainbow Dash moaned, trying to flap her aching wings that were tucked tightly beneath the silk gown that was strapped tightly against her skin.

''Just hold still while I readjust some of my measurements and it'll all be over soon, darling.'' Rarity reassured her, an annoyed tone in her voice. Rainbow rolled her eyes and pouted as she let out a sigh of frustration.

The gown was made completely of silk and was a vibrant, royal blue with yellow stitching and matching straps and it made her feel claustrophobic and insecure and it felt itchy. Times like this made her wonder how she got dragged into these situations.

Whilst she stood there on aching legs in irritation, Rarity mumbled to herself as she readjusted her glasses and undid some of the straps that were located on the back of the gown, taking some of the pressure off of Rainbow's back that seemed to calm her a little.

She groaned as she spotted that some of the stitching on the back had come out of place and threatened to completely ruin the garment. Grabbing her needle and thread, she was about to redo it until the door to the boutique shot open and Sweetie Belle, Scootaloo and Apple Bloom came through, wearing the CMC cloaks, cutting off her concentration.

''Oh my! Must you barge through the door like that? I'm right in the middle of my work! I-'' Rarity said in annoyance before stopping at the appearance of her little sister. ''Sweetie Belle! You're back!'' Rarity said, any annoyance forgotten as she wrapped her hooves around her sister and pulled her into a hug.

''Hi, Rarity. Rainbow.'' She greeted her sister and friend. ''Are you busy? We kind of need to talk to you.''

''Oh, Sweetie, I need to finish this gown for a client. Can't it wait?''

Sweetie frowned. ''No, not really. Our clubhouse has been completely restored and we found these cloaks inside.'' She took off her own cloak and levitated it up to her sister in a green glow before it was taken over by Rarity's royal blue magic and she closely inspected it. ''Do you know anything about this? They weren't there the day before.''

Rarity didn't respond for a short while as she looked over the material. Just like the first cloaks the girls wore as fillies, the material was exactly the same, CMC patch and all. Looking underneath the gown to the internal material, she went silent. She looked into Sweetie's eyes and she asked again,

''Do you know anything about this?''

She didn't say anything for a while. All she could do was sigh. ''Sweetie's, yes, I do know something about this.'' She smiled softly at them. ''I made them for you. A friend came in and asked me to make them. It was at a request for how much he saw you loved them and what they meant to you.'' She confessed, smiling to them but they didn't smile back. Instead, the three of them had knowing looks on their faces.
The only person they ever showed the CMC Clubhouse to was Matt and he was also the only one that saw those cloaks.

''Matt!'' They all said in unison. It all made sense to them now! The reason for his tiredness and why he wasn't around much must of been something to do with the CMC Clubhouse!

''Hey! Hello! Restrained pegasus in a silk prison over here!'' Rainbow shouted, getting an annoyed look from Rarity.

''Oh, hush now, Rainbow! I'll get you sorted out in a second!'' She said to her cyan friend, causing her to moan with great irritation.

''Argh! I can't take this any longer!'' Rainbow gritted her teeth and forced her wings to open before quickly undoing the straps and forcefully shaking the gown off, causing it to tear and fall apart before bolting through the door in a rainbow-coloured flash.

''Rainbow, you ruined the gown!'' Rarity yelled after her in shock with a shriek. With a quick glance to her sister, she levitated the gown back to her and tied it back on. ''Terribly sorry to cut this short, girls, but I've got a pegasus to kill!'' And then Rarity ran after her friend, ready for her revenge, leaving the three friends alone.

They all blinked at each other before they all erupted in laughter.

''They haven't changed a bit!'' Scootaloo said through her laughs.

''Yep, that's my sister!'' Sweetie wiped a tear from her eye and calmed her laughing before stopping completely.

''Alright, girls, that's enough. We need to find Matt.'' Apple Bloom said, wiping her own tears away, getting a look from Scootaloo and Sweetie.

''But, Apple Bloom, how would we know where to look for him? We have no idea where he would go.'' Sweetie said.

''Yeah, besides, Ponyville isn't as small as it used to be. you know. He could be anywhere.'' Scootaloo said.

''Ah suppose so, but we still need to find him.'' Apple Bloom told them. ''Now, come on, a Cutie Mark Crusader never gives up! And what better place to start at other than Sugarcube Corner! Maybe Pinkie would know where he is!''

*** *** ***

Sugarcube Corner wasn't as packed at this time of day and when the trio of friends arrived, they were thankful for that. They knew that Pinkie Pie, the bestest party-planner in all of Equestria, knew everyone in the area and was even quite close to them so they hoped that she also knew where Matt was.

Not even a second through the door, Apple Bloom was swiped straight off of her hooves without any time to react and she found herself being held by the hyper-energetic pink mare in a bone-breaking hug.

''Oh, Apple Bloom, it's so good to see you! After Matt told me what happened to you, I was so super-duper worried about you and it's so good to see you're okay!'' Pinkie said in a single, fast sentence, nearly being completely not understandable.

''What the?!'' Apple Bloom yelled out of shock before she released Pinkie was the blur that hit her. ''P-Pinkie, A-A-Ah can't breathe!'' She struggled to say but she didn't go heard by the pink mare whom was now crying a little.

Coming to her aid, it took both of Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle to pry the hooves from her friend that were suffocating her. After some effort of prying the hooves off of Apple Bloom, she tried to regain her composure and Pinkie's eyes were watering up.

''I'm sorry, Apple Bloom! I'm just so glad you're alright!'' Pinkie wailed.

''Pinkie, that was like four weeks ago! How did ya'll even know about it?'' Apple Bloom inquired to which Pinkie wiped her eyes and mustered a weak smile.

''Matt told me, of course, you silly filly.'' She said simply. Blowing her nose with a tissue with a sound like a clown horn and a shower of confetti, she went back behind the cashier's counter and leaned on it, facing the three. ''And I have to say, it sounds to me like he has the hots for you, Bloomy.'' She hid a giggle with her hoof before she realized that she had just broken a Pinkie-Promise and said that out loud enough that any pony could hear. ''Oops...''

Apple Bloom flushed brightly and her eyes reduced in size. Behind her, she could hear Scootaloo and Sweetie stifling their own round of giggles. Turning to them, she gave them a serious glare, scowling at them.

''Don't you two start! It's bad enough that Pinkie knows, nevermind anypony!'' Apple Bloom said, but unfortunately for her, at least a few of the customers in the shop heard it, causing her blush to deepen into a rosey-candle colour. She turned to Pinkie. ''Thanks a lot!'' She scowled.

Pinkie cowered back, her mouth sealed with a hoof, almost as if she was in disbelief that she broke one of her own promises. ''I'm sorry! I just couldn't hold it in! I mean, you two do make a cute couple, and-'' Apple Bloom shoved her hoof in her mouth, shutting her up.

''Pinkie!'' She shouted, her outburst catching the attention of everyone present in the shop. ''Mind keepin' it down?''

Pinkie blushed in embarrassment. ''S-Sorry.''

''Now,'' Apple Bloom began, regaining her calm composure. ''do ya know where Matt is or went? We're lookin' for him and we have no idea where he is.''

Pinkie scratched her chin. ''He was by here earlier and mentioned going to Rarity's for something and after that, he just left, so I have no idea where he went. Isn't he back at Sweet Apple Acres?''

''No, that's mainly the reason we're here.'' Sweetie said.

''He can't be far girls. And hello, I'm a pegasus, I could just fly up and scout around for him. I'll be back in a second!'' She said before she shot through the door, nearly taking the whole thing off in the process.

They waited for around ten or so seconds until she returned to the shop with a cocky smirk on her face.

''I saw him in the park. Come on, let's go already!'' She said, dragging her friends with her.

*** *** ***

I sat in the park on one of the many benches that were scattered all around. The reason I came to this place of any was because it was quiet. The scenery was beautiful and the landscape set a mood of calmness and tranquility.

There were some ponds and lakes in various areas that housed some aquatic life such as fish and there was also some duck families that roamed around and swam in them.

My thoughts were still troubled by all that happened with Apple Bloom and that experience with death she had four weeks ago. Being here in the park of Ponyville helped to calm my racing mind and troubles, despite all that had happened. It was just the thought of losing a very dear friend such as Apple Bloom that scared me.

It was my fault that me and her family nearly lost her and with what I did for her and her friends, I hoped to put that to rest. I still couldn't believe that Rarity agreed to make those cloaks for me free of charge! With all of my plans set and in place, the only fear I could have in the circumstance of the surprise going wrong was if they found out about the cloaks and that I restored the CMC Clubhouse.

Whilst I was at Rarity's boutique, I was amazed by the many different variations of dresses and suits and garments that she designed, enough that I asked her if she could make me some to replace the paint-covered ones I had before, to which she happily agreed, also free of charge, despite my offers of payment.

The clothes that I now wore were some of her personal designs from the collection she calls the 'Rarity collection'. They were a custom tailored black button-shirt and matching everyday jacket with pockets and buttons in a fancy style with custom-font 'R''s on their centres in a diamond blue colour.

As for my trousers, they were also designed to match the quality and characteristic of the jacket, with a highly comfortable fit around my waist with a grey-black silk lining for increased comfort whilst down the sides of the legs were lines also made from a silk of the same colour that ran from my waistline down to the ends of the trouser legs.

To say the least about them, I absolutely loved her work and she got the measurements just right. I sighed to myself as I relaxed and I pulled my aviators from my button-shirt's collar and placed them over my eyes before I closed them with a smile. Not a moment later did I hear the voice of the mare in my thoughts.

''Matt!'' I sat upright, seeing Apple Bloom and her friends running towards me, wearing the cloaks that Rarity made. Wait, WHAT?! My heart froze and she stopped in front of me with that gorgeous smile of hers, locking those just as beautiful amber-fire eyes of hers with my own. ''We found you!''

''Yeah, we looked all over for you. Good thing I found you from above!'' Scootaloo said, smiling to herself.

''Huh?'' I asked in confusion as I took my shades off and put them on the top of my head. As a response, Scootaloo unfurled her wings and shook them at me with an expression like the answer was obvious.

''Wings, duh. I'm a pegasus. As in, I can fly.'' She stated matter of factly.

''Oh, right.'' I rubbed my cheek. Looking at the three in the eye, I asked, ''Please tell me you didn't get them from where I think you got them.'' The response I got was a group tackle that threw me off the seat of the bench and over the back of it to the floor with the trio on my chest, hugging me tight and close as they bombarded me with a shower of 'thank you''s.

To my mercy, they got off of me and unexpectedly, Apple Bloom pulled me closer as she got back onto her hooves and kissed me on the lips for a brief moment, leaving an apple-like taste on my lips before she pulled away, igniting a blush on both our cheeks. I missed that feeling...

That was all I needed to find my smile. I don't even remember the last time we shared a kiss. I smiled down at her and pulled her into a hug of my own for a moment before releasing and looking back into her eyes, just as well as her friend's too.

''It was meant to be a surprise, you know. For tomorrow.'' I said, getting a surprised look from Apple Bloom.

''H-How...how did ya'll know?'' She blinked at me.

''I overheard Applejack.'' I admitted. ''Happy early twentieth birthday, Apple Bloom.'' I said, pulling her into a hug again, placing a small peck upon her cheek.

Sweetie let out a soft 'Aw' whilst Scootaloo made a gagging noise, making me chuckle. When me and Apple Bloom broke from the embrace, she smiled brightly at me and I returned it with one of my own, both of us gazing into each other's eyes. I loved her so, so much, more than she could ever know.

''Hey, Matt?'' Sweetie asked. ''How did you even do all of that with the clubhouse in such a short amount of time?''

''A good magician never reveals his secrets.'' I laughed momentarily. ''Actually, it only took me like a few days. I always was good at DIY and decorating.'' With thanks to my father. DIY related things was also Apple Bloom's special talent! That's one thing we have in common, that and our friend slash family loyalty.

''Well, it's still pretty impressive.'' She said, hugging me along with Scootaloo. For a second, she looked at my figure, examining my newly tailored clothes. ''Rarity's work?'' She asked, to which I nodded. ''Me likey.'' She said, a little childishly.

Placing my shades back into the collar of my button-shirt, I sat on the grass with them and from there, the day transformed into night as we swapped some stories. Throughout that time we spent sat there, me and Apple Bloom stayed close, my arm around her shoulder and her cheek pressed snug against my side.

It was getting increasingly late and we should probably be heading back to the farm now. As for Sweetie and Scootaloo, they both headed back to Carousel Boutique to spend the night there and in her tired state, Apple Bloom was already half-asleep. Not to mention that she looked adorable like this. I picked her up in my arms, one supporting her legs while the other supported her head.

Arriving back home at the farmhouse, I brought her upstairs to her room as quietly as I could and gently placed her beneath the covers of her bed after removing the CMC cloak from her body and placed it on her bedside desk.

Quietly, I took off my new shoes and jacket and pulled myself beneath the covers with her, feeling a yawn coming on moments later. The softness of her bed was inviting but not as much as her company was.

I was about to turn to the opposite side from her, but in her sleep, she turned towards me and sleepily put her hooves around me as a warm smile appeared on her lips. She scooched over to me to the point she was physically touching me and cracked an eye open at me.
''Night, Matt.'' She said before she kissed me on the lips. ''Ah love you.'' She closed her eye and snuggled her head with mine, soon drifting off into sleep.

I smiled to myself and placed my own arm around her so that I was holding her like she was holding me and I returned the kiss. ''I love you, too, Apple Bloom.'' I said in a whisper before I closed my eyes and drifted off into the world of dreams.