• Published 13th Jan 2015
  • 3,534 Views, 25 Comments

The Day I Became A Millionaire - Ribe_FireRain



You live the dream when you win the lottery, but is it all you hoped for? Especially after you end up in an alternate universe?

  • ...
15
 25
 3,534

Learn

Author's Note:

Yeah, yeah, it's finally back! Just a quickie!

''Now, remember, slowly release your hoof from the clutch and bring it up a quarter-inch.'' I instructed from the passenger seat of my Mustang and listening intently to my commands, Apple Bloom complied and gently brought up her hoof from the clutch with care, the sound of the engine purring slightly louder the further the clutch was brought up.

''You're doing great so far.'' I commented, seeing her smile whilst concentrating on the clutch. ''Remember to never fully take your hoof off of the clutch at a fast pace, otherwise it will jolt and the engine will stall. Once the clutch is all the way up, you can place your hoof on the accelerator.''

While I took the time to teach her how to operate a vehicle such as this, I will admit that being back in the car did make me slightly nervous. It wasn't that I didn't trust Apple Bloom driving the car, but for a beginner, this clearly wasn't the most appropriate car for the job. Heck, when it was me as the learner, I was driving a Fiesta at the time.
This one had more than twice the power of that and the advance in technology of this vehicle dominates the Fiesta by miles.

Seeing as I wasn't confident about doing this on the streets of Ponyville or in other public areas, I chose the farm to do the lessons at. After all, the wide and open areas of the fields did provide us with more than enough space to do tests in and to give her a chance to know the basics of driving.

I slowly watched as she brought up the clutch all the way and the car began to move forward, rolling across the ground due to the constant changes in terrain of the farmland. Ever so slowly, she took her hoof from the clutch and placed it onto the accelerator, applying pressure to it and causing the engine to rev, taking in air and the pistons pumping and causing the car to rattle a bit.

As foreign as operating such a vehicle may be to a pony, she was already impressing me with what she understood and what she was capable of.

''Alright, that was good. Keep your left hoof on the clutch and your right hoof on the accelerator and brake.'' She nodded wordlessly and gently pressed the brake pedal, the calipers squeezing the brake pads against the wheels to bring the car to a halt, screeching softly.

I smiled to her and pulled up the hand brake, locking the axles firmly in place. ''Hey, not bad.'' I said to her with a smile and she returned it. ''You're not that bad for a beginner.'' She blushed softly at that.

''Ya really think so?'' She asked. I nodded.

''Of course I do, Bloom. It's not easy to learn to drive when you first start, but that was certainly something.'' I said. ''Once we work on the gears a little in future, I'm sure you'll ace it. Luckily for you, unlike back on Earth, I won't have to bother teaching you how to learn overtaking or doing a theory test.''

''Honestly, Ah don't mind, Matt. If ya'll are gonna show me how to do this, wouldn't it also be best to learn as much as I can?'' She asked with a raised brow. I shrugged.

''You know it doesn't really matter here because those rules are not applicable seeing as you don't have cars in Equestria, but if you really want to, I guess I can give you a rundown of the basics.'' I replied, feeling a little unsure about the whole thing. The only upside of this is being able to show what I knew to Apple Bloom and passing on my knowledge of the topic.

''Well sure, but only if it's alright with you, of course.'' I shrugged again with a left-sided smile.

''Like I said before, it's up to you.'' She gave an affirmative 'Mmm-hmm'. ''Alright then. So, want me to show you how to have fun in a car like this?'' I asked with a mischievous grin. She gave me an unsure look.

''Depends on what you're definition of 'fun' is.'' She said cautiously. My grin grew a little further.

''Let's switch seats and I'll show you.''

*** *** ***

''Waaahhh!''

VROOM, VROOM!

I pressed down on the accelerator like a maniac and watched the speedometer climb up towards and past one-hundred miles and hour on the outskirts of the western apple orchard.

I could only just hear the terrified scream of Apple Bloom over the roar of the engine and I could see out of the corner of my eye that she was clutching herself tightly to her seat with every ounce of strength she could muster.

Driving at high speed beside the treeline and coming up to the last tree in view, I swerved the car around in a u-turn and drifted closely around the tree before pressing down on the brake at the last moment and bringing the car to a stop, the force throwing us both up off of our seats for the briefest moment before we landed back down on them.

I had my feet pressed against the brake and clutch and when I brought up the hand brake and released them, I turned off the engine and looked towards Apple Bloom, seeing that her eyes were full of fear and her cheeks held a tint of green to them over her yellow-ish fur.
She wasted no time in opening the door to the car and emptying the contents of her stomach onto the grassy floor.

I think that I just officially scarred her for life.

Spitting to get the taste of vomit out of her mouth before bringing herself back into the car and closing the door, she gave me a soft yet angry glare before saying firmly, ''N-Nev-Never do t-that again...''