• Published 5th Feb 2015
  • 2,624 Views, 53 Comments

A Bit For Your Thoughts? - Kihano



Who would have thought that the life of a merchant would be so difficult yet so fulfilling at the same time. Now I venture forth as this world's Indiana Jones/Tomb Raider/Unknown Arab Merchant from Aladdin. Strictly HiE.

  • ...
10
 53
 2,624

An announcement (Not a chapter)

I'll be blunt with you... this story is very likely to get canceled.

When I saw ChronoMitsurugi's comments and, soon after Eliseo221, I went back to read my chapters.

Looking back on them, even I became confused with where I took the story. Originally, I wanted to make it like an adventure-free roam-wide world sort of deal. The merchant travelling Equestria and beyond, collecting various artifacts that several villains (both new and familiar), as well as heroes, who are using them for their own schemes. Whether the individual's motives are for good or evil, the Keeper (or K) will still collect them as to keep the balance steady. Neither order nor chaos getting the advantage over the other.

The characters that were supposed to be the most frequent were 4 ponies and 3 OCs, namely;
-Daring Do (obviously)
-Flim and Flam (cause they reminded of Sithil and Quirt)
-Chrysalis (... no idea why to be honest)
-Sif (no background history relation to Dark Souls, other than that, still the same)
-Fenrir (no relation to Loki... yet)
-One Diamond Dog who I never got to introduce (not telling what my plans are with him)

But with how I made some of the chapters, that was proving to be difficult (mostly because I wrote whatever came to my mind). Honestly, I wasn't planning on K going to Ponyville so soon. I was satisfied with how I made the first chapter until the last part consisting of him deciding to head for Ponyville. After the part where Fenrir reports to K, It was supposed to transition to him going to another location (not Ponyville) where he would meet up with Daring Do to get an artifact, then it would go from there meeting up with the other aforementioned characters in other places. Though I'm not sure if this would please you readers, It was my intended path and I have no idea how I strayed from it and for that I'm sorry. But I'd still like to think, it was a good attempt at a first story.

I'm basically gonna rewrite the whole damn thing, still the same concept but with more planning. Sorry for this, but I thought I might as well say it now with me travelling soon for vacation. Expect the rewrite sometime around July. Again sorry to you guys and thank you for all your support.

Jumbodude signing off... for now.

Comments ( 3 )

well okay fair enough

no grammar from me right now because lazy

wish you luck and I will probably check up on you in a bit thanks for the story and bye bye

I hoped he had a anti alliance with daring since her goals involved display or capture artifacts or her end up destroying history like it make sense for her to Treating him as a rival for his hoarding and her retrieval messing with things and her stories? he doesn't need that.

For your first attempt I think it was good:twilightsmile:. My first attempt at a story was disastrous!:twilightblush: Seriously! I had my uncle read it and there was so much highlited in red it wasn't even funny. Keep practicing, no one gets it on the first time. the version of my fic on this site is my 4th attempt(might be a 5th soon, tho). I had to write and rewrite it 3 or so times before I thought it wasn't a complete waste of space, and I still made the mistake of not getting an editor!:twilightangry2:

Dont give up! With a little elbow grease this would be an Awesome story!:yay:

Right now I'm ironing out my timeline, I suggest you make one too, that way you get everything out in one go, and you have a roadmap you can reference any time you get lost.

This is what has worked for me, you can ignore it if you want though, I'm nowhere near an expert:twilightsmile:.

I would suggest writing a timeline with bullet points for major events, then add sub bullet points for what happens in between, and sub sub bullet points (is that even a thing?) for any additional details.

Againg, for it being your first, you did okay. I have seen so, so, so much worse.

Can't wait to see what comes out of the rewrite!:pinkiehappy:

Login or register to comment