• Published 26th Oct 2014
  • 1,166 Views, 68 Comments

Diamond Tiara's Birthday Wish - 366 Days of Fun - Theo Vellum



Diamond Tiara's birthday doesn't go so good, but she's glad that she was able to spend time with her family and friends. So what better birthday wish than to be able to spend more time having fun with them than ever before?

  • ...
2
 68
 1,166

Day 6 October 30th Thursday: The Morning Before Nightmare Night

Once Dad explained how last night’s party came to be ruined to Silver’s parents, and how Silver just thought she was protecting me, she was let off easy by them. I’m so relieved, both of us are still going to have a chance at a great Nightmare Night tomorrow!

Today however, we are in Cheerilee’s class. She always has some sort of special event the day before Nightmare Night. I wonder what she’ll be dressed up as today?

“Hahahahahahaha! Prepare to face the monster that roams during The Curse of the Midnight Sun! Muhahahahahahahaha!”

Of course. Of all the monsters she could pick, it had to be that one. I brace myself for what it could look like... And it didn’t look all that bad, to be honest. It looks almost exactly like the monster in the film, but I guess since there isn’t such a scary atmosphere it isn’t nearly as scary. I let out a sigh of relief.

I look over at my classmates, who are all complimenting our teacher on her costume. Except Silver Spoon. She's just sitting at her desk, blushing from embarrassment. She won’t admit it, but when she thought the monster was real, she was really scared.

That reminds me... Where’s Button Mash? I’m usually not concerned about him but I haven’t seen him since last night... I guess it couldn’t hurt to ask the teacher.

“Hey, Ms. Cheerilee? I can’t help but feel that someone is missing... I think it’s the video game kid.”

“Hey, DT’s right!” Silver Spoon only just now took notice? She must really be out of it.

“Well, I don’t know girls... I only just got here myself, and I didn’t have a chance to have roll call yet.” Ms. Cheerilee rubs her chin thoughtfully. “Maybe I should call their residence. See if anything is going on.”

“Actually, Miss Cheerilee, yah might not want to do that yet. There is some sort of commotion going on. I think Button Mash has locked himself in his room and won’t come out... Something about a scary movie and Nightmare Night?” Oh dear, I hope Apple Bloom doesn’t find out the whole story, the last thing I need is her having a reason to laugh at me!

Sweetie Belle is staring at her hooves. I almost forgot that she has an obvious crush on Button Mash. “So... I guess we won’t be inviting him to the-” Scootaloo shoves a hoof in her mouth.

“Scootaloo! We do not put our hooves in other ponies' mouths! Now, what were you trying to say dear?”

“Um... Nothing? Eh heh heh.” The three of them give angelic smiles up to Miss Cheerilee, who raises her eyebrow in response. Everyone here knows it, they are up to something. I bet it’s going to happen tomorrow! Tomorrow's Nightmare Night! If Princess Luna hadn’t shown up last year, they probably would have started something stupid, like a prank war, or something.

“Well, I’m sure we will all find out eventually anyway. Now, onto the assignment! Today’s assignment is... Nothing! Since it’s the day before Nightmare Night, I’ve got lots of party games in the back that you can all enjoy! I expect you all to be on your best behaviour as you play. Or I may just have you write an assignment on why it’s bad to be a nuisance during play time, and explain why it’s bad using Equestrian Philosophy.”

With that oh so teacher-like threat explained to us we were handed out various party games. Apple Bloom and Truffle Shuffle were bobbing for apples, Sweetie Belle and Twist are discussing what kind of Halloween candy they’ll be getting this year, and Scootaloo and Featherweight are playing on the dartboard Miss Cheerilee set up. The rest are playing some board game from our teacher’s childhood no one’s ever heard of called Chutes and Ladders. Although it looks like a fun game I feel more like talking with Silver Spoon at the moment.

“So... Silver Spoon, see any giant black monsters recently?”

She glares at me.

“Don’t worry Silver, I’m not going to make fun of you for being scared. I was too, after all.”

“Gee, thanks, that makes me feel a lot better...” She promptly plants her face on her desk.

Wow... She feels worse about what happened two nights ago than I thought. The Silver I know doesn’t let other ponies see her scared, unless it’s something that truly frightens her. She’s usually such a strong pony, but she doesn’t seem to be that composed today. I... I should try to console her.

“Hey, um... Silver... I know you don’t want to talk about that night...”

“Gee, what gave you that idea?”

“But, I have to tell you this, I thought you trying to protect me was really cool and all, I’m glad you didn’t hit Dazzle, but it’s nice to know you’ve got my back. Even in a potentially dangerous situation. You are like... Like a superhero! It could be just like your costume.”

“R-Really? You think so?! I might actually be a superhero one day?! Thanks for the confidence boost, DT!”

Somehow... I think the idea of her being a superhero might have actually cheered her up more than what I was going for...

“So, what are you going to be for Nightmare Night, DT?”

Well, truth be told, I have a really awesome costume lined up. It was a gift from one of the party goers. It’s also a superhero costume, one of the Power Ponies. Radiance, to be more specific. She is easily my favourite of the bunch. Of course, it’s going to be a total surprise.

“Sorry Silver, I’m afraid you are going to have to wait till tomorrow. But I promise you, our costumes are SO going to match.”

Silver Spoon looks pretty cheerful now, now to nail the final stake of cheer!

“Hey Silver, I bet you could beat Scootaloo at darts, you always were pretty good at that game!”

“Only if you join in as well, let’s both beat the blank flank at darts! She needs to focus on what costume she’s going to wear anyway, especially if she wants to wear a Dodo Costume! The tails on those are hard to pull off.”

“Wait, she’s actually going to wear that?”

“Yeah, Sweetie Belle apparently suggested it, I don’t know why she agreed though... Maybe she doesn’t know what a dodo is?”

Oh... This is going to be such a good Nightmare Night!

Day 6 END

Author's Note:

And here's your second chapter for the night! I'm going to catch up, it shouldn't take you long, I predict I will be caught up around the time of Thanksgiving. I hope we will all be able to continue enjoying this! And if you don't enjoy it... I'm not forcing ya to read. But your reading is appreciated nonetheless.