• Published 2nd Nov 2011
  • 2,084 Views, 61 Comments

Domino Effect - Wheller

  • ...
5
 61
 2,084

Epilogue

Epilogue

“I knew this was a good idea!” Vinyl cried out as she tossed a duffle bag into the back of the kangaroo scout car.

“I’m not so sure Vinyl...” Twilight said as she looked the scout car over.

Pips Domino and Pinkie Pie were headed for the divide, and they had almost a day’s head start, the sun was going down, there was simply no way that Twilight, Rainbow Dash and Vinyl Scratch to catch up to them on hoof. Pips likely had Pinkie on a forced march, and being the naturally abundant ball of energy that she was, Pinkie Pie could probably go several days walking without rest. They had no idea how much of a head start they actually had. The scout car was simply the only way for them to catch up in time.

“We’ll be fine! There’s two extra jerrycans of petrol so fuel shouldn’t be a problem,” Vinyl.

Twilight deadpanned her. “No, I mean, I’m not so sure about you driving. I talked to Princess Luna about it...”

“Oh please! There was absolutely no danger of going off that cliff, she lies!” Vinyl said.

Vinyl looked back over to Fluttershy who was standing next to the door to the Library with Dinky Doo and Spike, and offered the Pegasus mare a smile. “Thanks for watching Dinky for me while I’m gone, Derpy might not like it... but...”

“It’s no trouble at all! I’m very good with children!” Fluttershy said, giving Vinyl a toothy smile and making an adorable squeaking noise in the process.

Twilight and Rainbow Dash had just finished loading up the scout car when they heard a new comer clear their throat. They looked over to see Zecora and Surprise standing not but a few metres from where the scout car had been parked.

“This one wishes to make a request. Even though I told her you may detest,” Zecora said.

Surprise slowly approached the group of ponies, trembling slightly. She stopped a few paces from where Vinyl was standing. She closed her eyes tightly, and took a deep breath. “I... want to go with you,” she said quietly.

“What was that?” Vinyl said.

“I... want to go with you!” Surprise said, louder this time.

“So what? You can slit our throats while we’re asleep!?” Vinyl asked. “Or better yet, molest one of us? Again?”

Surprise glanced down at the ground. “I deserve that...” she said quietly. “But... I know something you don’t,” Surprise said making herself more audible.

“Oh? What would that be?”

“Pips Domino was one of the master’s unwilling servants,” Surprise said. “And the Divide? Its home to three others. I know who they are and how to deal with them, you don’t.”

“And what? We’re supposed to trust you?” Vinyl said, getting up in Surprise’s face, causing her to recoil.

“No... I don’t deserve trust... but I want to help... if you’ll let me,” Surprise said.

Vinyl looked to Twilight, and then to Rainbow Dash. None of them liked it, but they did see the benefit of the information that Surprise had.

“Fine,” Vinyl said. “But let’s get one thing straight here, you so much as even MOVE in a way I don’t like? You can consider yourself tied up and buried under two metres of dirt. Got it?”

Surprise nodded in affirmation.

“All right, all aboard!” Vinyl called out with a grin. They all climbed inside, Vinyl taking her place at the wheel, Surprise sitting to her left in the passenger seat, Twilight took the back and Rainbow Dash at the pintle mounted Sen Gun.

Vinyl Scratch started the scout car up and stamped down on the accelerator, the Scout Car zoomed off towards the southern end of Ponyville.

At exactly the worst possible time, the bubblegum pink earth pony with a blonde mane, Lily, walked around the corner and noticed the metal monstrosity that had previously almost run her over, and began screaming her head off. “The Horror! The Horror!”

“Get out of the road!” Vinyl Scratch screamed as she swerved around her.

Lily ran away from the scene, traumatised completely by what she had seen.

And just like that, they were off.

Comments ( 9 )

love the ending... and holy crap Vinyl is going to get it from Derpy again...

26426

Vinyl Scratch is a rather naughty pony. :rainbowwild:

I would hate to be vinyl She goes through so much pain

And as they head to the Divide and whatever insane crap is there, let's hope that Derpy is more or less intact so that she and Vinyl can have the angry make-up sex hinted at in their 'finale'.

If derpy cant accept that the world needs someone crazy ,reckless ,childish and so on... to save it,then damn.

Guh, I want Derpy to go on one of these adventures some time, just so she knows Vinyl's not just off cheating on her again. Might make their relationship a little stronger.

30299

Pips is not entirely based on Sinatra, he has some commonality, but he's really based on the Las Vegas lounge singer stereotype of the early 1960s.

30303

I'm a bad person :pinkiehappy:

Vinyl needs to have her license permanently revoked!!!

Login or register to comment