• Published 2nd Nov 2011
  • 2,084 Views, 61 Comments

Domino Effect - Wheller

  • ...
5
 61
 2,084

Chapter 7

Chapter 7

“Vinyl Scratch!” Fluttershy squeaked as the unicorn mare pressed the gun to Surprise’s head. She took a step forward, but found her path being blocked by Twilight Sparkle, who had raised her leg to block the door. Anger burned in Twilight’s eyes for what Surprise had done to her.

Surprise, however seemed completely unfazed by what was going on around her, rather, she continued to stare blankly at Vinyl Scratch.

“The hell is wrong with you?!” Vinyl Scratch asked, staring intensely at Surprise. “You got a death wish? Huh? You want to die?!”

Surprise said nothing at first, and then glanced down at the bed. “Yes,” she said simply.

“I... huh?” Vinyl said completely caught off guard by the pegasi’s response.

“Go ahead, do it,” Surprise said simply. “We all know I deserve it... doesn’t matter. Pull the trigger, death won’t stick.”

Vinyl raised an eyebrow, this couldn’t possibly be the same Surprise that had tried to strangle her, and this couldn’t possibly be the same Surprise that had raped Twilight. This couldn’t possibly be the same Surprise that terrorised Scootaloo... could it?

This Surprise was calm... collected... Vinyl backed off, she pulled the revolver away from Surprise’s head. “What the hell happened to you?”

“He did,” Surprise said. “Master, he said that he remembered me... and that he didn’t need me, he tried to break me.”

“I found her lying face down in the snow with a bottle of one of Zecora’s potions!” Fluttershy said.

“Looks like we need to pay Zecora a visit,” Twilight said. “Vinyl? Get her walking.”

Vinyl nodded and motioned the gun towards the door slightly. “Up.”

Surprise obeyed, and rose to her hooves. Vinyl pressed the revolver against the back of her head, they marched her out in front as they exited Fluttershy’s cottage. Fluttershy tried to give Surprise a smile, a look that assured that everything would be okay... but Surprise wasn’t fazed by it.

“Twilight?” Rainbow Dash asked as they walked out of Fluttershy’s cottage, closing the door behind them. “Who is that?”

Twilight looked blankly at her and let out a small sigh. “Believe me when I say this, Rainbow Dash, you don’t want to know.”

The group walked for over an hour towards the southern border of the Everfree forest. They made a brisk pace, hoping not to be seen by anypony as they passed Sweet Apple Acres. Fluttershy became vocal about Twilight and Vinyl pushing Surprise too hard, but the complaints fell on deaf ears. They reached the southern entrance to the Everfree forest and make their way to Zecora’s hut.

“You can put that away Vinyl,” Twilight said thinking, correctly, that Zecora would probably not appreciate Vinyl waving a gun around her home. She knocked on the door, and the door opened, revealing the sagely Zebra who looked at all of them before her.

Her eyes fell to Vinyl as she recognised her immediately. “You!” Zecora called out, and promptly smacked Vinyl across her cheek.

“Why does everybody keep hitting me!?” Vinyl called out.

“How dare you bring this one to my home!?” Zecora called out. “These woods, she is not fit to roam!”

Twilight looked at Vinyl oddly. “You... know Zecora, Vinyl?”

“Zecora being the angry looking zebra who speaks only in verse?” Vinyl said looking back at her. “Crap, yeah, I know her... and not only did I deserve that... she probably owes me another...”

Zecora responded by promptly striking Vinyl in again.

“I said probably damn it!

...

Pinkie Pie was thrown awake by the sensation of having her head dunked into water. Her eyes shot open and she instinctively gasped for air, filling her lungs with water. Just as quickly as she had been trust in, she was pulled out and tossed onto her back on the bank.

Pinkie Pie coughed loudly spitting water up trying to clear her lungs. Pinkie’s breathing was erratic, and she tried her hardest to get it under control. Pinkie Pie looked around and discovered that she was lying on the banks of a lake. She looked at a nearby sign and discovered that they were at the “Lake of Origin.”

The words held no meaning to Pinkie Pie and she looked around, trying to get some idea of where she was. She looked behind her and gasped loudly as when she saw Pips Domino standing behind her.

Before Pinkie Pie could do anything else, her head was back underwater, she struggled to get back to the surface, but to no avail, Pips was holding her under the water. Pinkie Pie kicked as hard as she could, she had to get free, she had to get above water or she was going to drown.

Pips pulled her back above water, looking her right in the eyes. “Understand who’s in charge now?”

“I... what?” Pinkie Pie said with confusion. Pips responded by dunking her back under water.

“How about now?” Pips asked after pulling her up again.

“I... yeah! I got it... you’re in charge,” Pinkie Pie said weakly. Pips responded by dunking her head under the water again.

“Don’t you forget it,” Pips said, as he brought her back up. He threw her down hard onto the embankment and took a step back. “Look and tell me what you see.”

Pinkie Pie gasped for air and offered another coughing fit before she could open her eyes and look into the lake. She found a straight maned, muted pink pony looking back at her.

Oh look!” the reflection said mockingly. “She hath return! What do you want?”

Pinkie Pie blinked, she was incredibly confused. She was looking at the lake, and the lake was looking back at her.

“Yeah, yeah, I get it. You don’t remember and you’re confused! I got it. I don’t fucking care! What does he want!?” the reflection asked.

“I... I don’t know,” Pinkie Pie said, unsure of what to think of the situation.

The reflection sighed at her, she breathed annoyance. “Then ask! Stop wasting my fucking time!”

Pinkie Pie nodded and turned to look back at Pips Domino. “It... it wants to know what you want.”

Pips frowned. “It’s a lake... I know it shows things, but do you honestly expect me to believe it asked me a question?”

“I know I’m a lake!” the reflection said with a scowl. Though Pips wasn’t able to hear it speak, Pinkie Pie turned back to look at it, her big blue eyes looking intently at it.

“Okay, I’m going to be frank,” the reflection stated casually. “I don’t give a fuck what he wants! I just want you to leave me alone, I’m tired of you lot looking at me, think you’re going to get some fucking wisdom in the process.”

Pinkie Pie cringed at the repeated swears of the reflection. “You’re... not very nice...”

The reflection raised an eyebrow at her. “Oh, you want nice? I’ll show you nice. How about I reach my hoof through the water and ring your fucking neck! How nice would that be?”

Pinkie Pie gasped at the thought and snapped her hooves over her mouth.

“Oh? You going to cry now?” the reflection asked. “’Oh woe is me! I’m Pinkamena Pie! My friends don’t know the real me! Oh woe is me! I’m so fucking pathetic! I’m going to sit here and cry about it for hours and hours!’ Sounding any fucking familiar to you?”

Pinkie Pie shook her head in the negative; she had no idea to what this incredibly vulgar facsimile of herself was referring.

The reflection sighed again. “You want to remember? Fine, here’s what you need to do, take him...” the reflection said, pointing to where Pips Domino was supposed to be. “Take him to the Divide. You’ll find what you need.”

“The... Divide?” Pinkie Pie asked in confusion.

“The Divide,” the reflection repeated. “The big fucking canyon on Equestria’s southern border, that fucking Divide! Now go! Get your ugly mug out away from my banks! And don’t you ever come back here!”

Pinkie Pie nodded and backed away from the Lake of Origin, she certainly never wanted to look upon it again.

“Well...?” Pips Domino asked, peering intently at the pink party pony. “What did it say?”

Pinkie Pie gulped loudly, she didn’t know how exactly Pips was going to respond to the answer that she was going to give.

“Um... it said...” Pinkie Pie said, she swallowed loudly, and then cleared her throat. “It said... that what you’re looking for is in the Divide.”

Pips raised an eyebrow. “The Divide?” he asked.

Pinkie Pie nodded intensely in affirmation.

“Well... fuck!”