• Published 2nd Nov 2011
  • 2,084 Views, 61 Comments

Domino Effect - Wheller

  • ...
5
 61
 2,084

Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Several hours had passed; Princess Luna had unfortunately needed to return to Canterlot, though Pips Domino was particularly interested in speaking with her again. There was a knock at the Library door, Twilight opened it to discover the blonde unicorn filly that was Dinky Doo standing out in the cold.

“My mummy told me to come here after school,” Dinky said. “Vinyl Scratch is supposed to be watching me.”

“Oh, okay!” Twilight said, smiling at the filly. Dinky Doo did not offer one in return; rather, she looked more irritated than anything else.

Vinyl Scratch came into the room from the kitchen and stopped dead in her tracks, watching in amazement as the angry looking filly stormed up to her.

“Hi Dinky...” Vinyl began, but was cut short when Dinky slapped her across the face.

“That was for making mummy cry!” Dinky called out in frustration, she followed up with a second slap. “That was for breaking your promise,” and then a third. “That one is because I HATE YOU!” Dinky let out a huff and trotted over to a corner at the far end of the room and began doing her homework.

Vinyl Scratch said nothing; she continued to stand perfectly still, more in shock than anything else. “I just got beat up by a filly!”

Twilight too was just as shocked, she had never seen such behaviour from an otherwise well behaved filly. She trotted up to Vinyl and began to whisper to her. “I think you should really talk to Derpy about that...”

“I... think I did, I told her I was good with kids when she told me I’d be watching her. She smirked and wished me luck,” Vinyl said with a shrug.

“Still... I know Derpy’s mad at you, but that doesn’t give her the right to encourage such behaviour!” Twilight said.

“Truth be told Twilight, I kind of deserve it,” Vinyl said with a shrug. “I deserve a good slapping from a lot of people actually. Thanks for taking my side though. It means a lot. You’re a good friend!”

Twilight smiled at her, but before she could say anything, the group was interrupted by Pips Domino who trotted down the stairs.

“So!” Pips announced. “Which one of you lovely ladies is going to show me around town?”

“I would be glad to!” Twilight said.

“Excellent!” Pips said with a grin.

“Twilight! What are you doing?!” Vinyl whispered to her.

“You have to watch Dinky Doo!” Twilight said, a sly grin forming on her face. “Not to worry, I’ll make sure Mr. Domino is well looked after.”

“I take it back! You’re a horrible friend!” Vinyl snarled at her.

Twilight gave her a wink as she threw her scarf around her neck and opened the front door. She trotted out the door, Pips Domino following shortly behind.

“Bye Vinyl! Bye Dinky Doo! Have fun!” Twilight said.

“Oh we will,” Dinky said. Vinyl turned her head to discover the filly was right behind her. “We will.”

The last words that Twilight heard from Vinyl as she shut the door were: “Oh Celestia!”

“Should we leave them alone? That filly had fire in her eyes,” Pips commented as they walked away.

“Oh they’ll be fine!” Twilight said. “Dinky Doo weighs like... five kilograms. What’s the worst that can happen?”

Pips Domino looked back at the door as they trotted away, he could have sworn he heard the sound of glass breaking... but he figured it was probably his old mind playing tricks on him.

...

“... that’s Sugarcube Corner!” Twilight said. “Local sweet shop, hangout, and...”

At that moment, all of the windows of Sugarcube corner smashed and flames burst from them.

“Well... it’s clearly the hot place in town, huh?” Pips said.

“Pinkie Pie!” Twilight called out and burst through the door, smoke billowed from the kitchen, Twilight watched as Pinkie Pie stood in the opening, spraying a fire extinguisher towards the kitchen.

“Huh... looks like I used a little too much magnesium!” Pinkie Pie said as she dropped the fire extinguisher onto the ground and looked back to discover Twilight and the new comer. “Hey Twilight! What’s up?”

“Pinkie Pie! What are you doing!?” Twilight gasped in horror, her friend could have just died, and here she was as chipper as usual.

“Makinggggggg cupcakessssss!” Pinkie Pie sang enthusiastically. “All you have to do is take a cup of flour, Add it to the mix!

Pinkie Pie was about to dash back into the kitchen to continue her ‘baking’ when she took full notice of Pips Domino, she let out a gasp and vaulted over the counter, landing in front of him and grinning brightly at him. Pips didn’t even so much as flinch, as if he was expecting it.

“Hi! I’m Pinkie Pie! I don’t think I’ve ever seen you before!” Pinkie Pie said.

Twilight cleared her throat, trying to get Pinkie Pie’s attention. “Pinkie Pie, meet Pips Domino...”

Pinkie Pie let out a loud gasp. “I know you! Mr. Cake has a bunch of your records. Ohmygosh! Twilight I just had the best idea! Can you guess what it is?”

“You want to throw Mr. Domino a party?” Twilight said unenthusiastically.

“You know me so well Twilight!” Pinkie Pie said, she glanced around the room, realising that it was a mess from the explosion that had just occurred. “Ohmygosh! This place is a huge mess! I need to clean! Out out out!” Pinkie Pie called as she pushed Twilight and Pips out the front door. “Come back at eight!” she cried before slamming the door shut behind them.

Pips Domino turned towards Twilight and gave her a bright grin. “I like her, she’s funny!”

...

Fluttershy sat on the edge of her bed, watching Surprise as she slept. She hoped that her Pegasus mare visitor would not object. Fluttershy merely wanted to make sure that she would be okay.

“No...” Surprise mumbled in her sleep. Fluttershy frowned; she’d been talking for the last few hours, just mumbling random words that didn’t seem to make any sense to Fluttershy. Fluttershy placed her foreleg gently against Surprise’s head. She didn’t seem to have a fever. Though most of her body was still cold from being outside, who knows how long she could have been out there before Fluttershy noticed her.

Fluttershy was certified for first aid, and she began to feel certain important areas around Surprises body, checking for signs of any injuries. She couldn’t seem to find any, which was good... right?

Touching Surprise had inadvertently lead to Surprise’s wings spreading as she slept. Fluttershy’s face turned a bright pink with embarrassment. The phenomenon was a completely normal Pegasus body response to feelings of arousal. She hadn’t meant to... it just happened.

All thought, when Fluttershy thought about it, Surprise was kind of cute. That was when she noticed that her own wings were beginning to spread, and immediately stifled that line of thought. Fluttershy felt incredibly hot, and she started to become flustered. Surprise was in her care, she couldn’t think like that while she could possibly be hurt or sick!

All though... Fluttershy did notice that Surprise’s reactions had changed, she had stopped mumbling “no” over and over, and was now smiling in her sleep, and she was... moaning.

Fluttershy didn’t know how it was possible, but now she had turned even brighter pink with embarrassment. Surprise’s eyes popped open and she lifted her head up to look at her. Surprise noticed Fluttershy’s wings immediately.

“I’m sorry...” Fluttershy squeaked softly.

Surprise’s face turned bright red. “I... um... have never had anypony look at me like that.”

Fluttershy squeaked again, now she felt bad for looking at her guest funny. “I’m sorry!”

“N... no, it’s okay,” Surprise said quietly.

Fluttershy cleared her throat and focused on the matter at hoof. “Are you... okay? What happened to you?”

“I... don’t...” Surprise said, she froze up and began to shiver. Surprise dropped back onto the bed and curled herself into a ball. “No! No! No! No! No! No!”

Fluttershy began to panic, she had no idea what to do, but she had to do... SOMETHING! She hopped back up on the bed and sat herself down next to Surprise. She began to stroke her mane gently.

“Shh...” Fluttershy whispered. “It’s okay... It’s okay! Hush now, quiet now, it’s time to lay your sleepy head. Hush now, quiet now, it’s time to go to bed.” Fluttershy continued to sing the lullaby; eventually Surprise began to stop shaking. She shut her eyes tightly and drifted back off to sleep.

Fluttershy knew now that whatever had happened to the poor thing had disturbed her deeply. Unfortunately, Fluttershy had no idea where to even go next with this. She knew basic first aid. That was the extent of her medical knowledge.

Twilight would know more about psychology. Maybe I can ask her for help! Fluttershy thought. It was starting to get late, and Fluttershy didn’t want to go to Twilight now, plus she figured that it would be a bad idea to leave Surprise alone, even for a few minutes. What if she woke up?

Fluttershy would wait until tomorrow morning. Then she’d head into town and enlist Twilight’s help.

Fluttershy was proud of herself. It was a great plan! What could possibly go wrong?