• Published 10th Aug 2014
  • 1,535 Views, 15 Comments

The Inheritors of Friendship - NgKQ



Sequel to "Prophecy of the Future", the children of the Mane Six aim to learn the value of friendship from their parents and also put an end to the evil Queen Myra!

  • ...
9
 15
 1,535

Chapter 41

Author's Note:

Happy New Year! I've finally gathered motivation and ideas to continue this story. Enjoy...

One fine morning, at the castle garden of the Crystal Empire.

The prince, Paladin Knight was enjoying breakfast at the garden with his parents, Shining Armor and Princess Cadance. Paladin looked out of the garden and sighed.

“The Crystal Empire,” he began. “Is just the same as always, huh?”

“Oh boy,” said Shining Armor. “How many times have you been asking that?”

“It’s just the same as always,” chuckled Princess Cadance. “Ever since Twilight and her friends helped to recover the Crystal Heart from King Sombra’s grasp, the Crystal Empire is just as glorious as ever. It just continues to develop after all these years.”

“Ah man,” moaned Paladin. “I just wish I can go to someplace other than visiting Auntie Twilight at Ponyville or coming to Canterlot for occasional reasons!”

“You’ve grown up already, sonny,” reminded Shining Armor. “I was actually waiting for you to tell us that you’re going to go for a vacation to somewhere else!”

“Gah!” cried Paladin, leaning backwards with hooves on his face. “Why didn’t I know that? I was used to travelling with you all whenever you plan trips and vacations. What a silly prince I am!”

“Chill, Paladin,” calmed Princess Cadance. “You should know how to plan yourself a vacation! You’ve learnt everything.”

Paladin went deep in his thoughts. He remembered his cousin Orion Galaxy. He loved to tease and compete with him, but Orion’s advices were mostly useful to him. He once told him, “You don’t always have to be dependent. All you need is a bit of inspiration and you can do anything you want!”

Just then, the daughter of the family, Mistral Violet appeared in the garden, looking excited with a sheet of flyer.

“Mom! Dad! Guess what?” she cried with excitement.

“What’s the matter, Mistral?” asked Cadance.

“Look at this!” She showed the flyer to her family. “Another fashion show in Manehattan in a month!”

“Wait, you’re going to attend that?” asked Paladin, surprised.

“Of course I’d love to! What can you expect from a model like me?” Mistral has been involved in her career as a fashion model for three years. She caused instant sensation since her first fashion show in Canterlot.

“I hate to say it but please, how many times I have to be left alone while you’re away for fashion shows?” complained Paladin. “I’m like missing someone special, you know.”

“Don’t talk like that!” snapped Shining Armor. “Only your Uncle Blueblood can talk like that. Do you want to be like him?”

That made Paladin stun. Prince Blueblood had the infamous reputation of being a snobbish and despicable stallion, gaining humiliation from his subjects, including Rarity.

“Come on, Paladin,” convinced Cadance. “Let your sister go to Manehattan, OK? I guarantee that she’s fine all the time.”

“Uh, alright,” groaned Paladin, secretly biting his lips.

Later, in the study, Paladin was still complaining.

“No offense, but how many fashion shows have you been?” asked Paladin. “I got this feeling that I’m not really eased when one of my family members leave home for a few days.”

“Don’t you worry,” replied Mistral calmly. “By the way, I heard that you’ve tired of staying in the Crystal Empire and travelling just only Ponyville and Canterlot?”

“Uh-hum.”

“Then why don’t you accompany me to Manehattan? At least you’ve never been there before.”

“Accompany you? Serious? I mean like, there’s nothing nice at Manehattan. What do you expect there?”

“It’s nice! Madam Rarity says that you can do shoppings there with your family!”

“Shopping? What can you buy there? Luxury items and so?”

“Does that look boring for you?”

“Ah, nothing. Anyway, if you say so, I’m coming with you.”

“Oh great, at least I have somepony to accompany me.”