• Published 10th Aug 2014
  • 1,534 Views, 15 Comments

The Inheritors of Friendship - NgKQ



Sequel to "Prophecy of the Future", the children of the Mane Six aim to learn the value of friendship from their parents and also put an end to the evil Queen Myra!

  • ...
9
 15
 1,534

Chapter 38

For the whole week, Platinum Royale, Prudence Aura, Chaos Control, Beryl and Malinae all tried to keep Bloodthirst’s identity a secret. They tried their best not to tell even their closest friends and relatives.

“I wonder where’s that pony I’ve seen the other day?” Melody Aurora asked Chaos on a date.

“I think he’s gone to somewhere else. Too bad he didn’t get the chance to meet you.”

“Oh, I see. I think I’ll visit him if I had the time.”

All the while, Bloodthirst stayed at Carousel Boutique, and he never got out to Ponyville. They managed to bring back nice items from shops to let him get the feel of it. However, as time went by, he began to grow bored staying at Carousel Boutique.

One afternoon, while preparing lunch, Bloodthirst spoke to Platinum.

“Err, Platinum Royale?”

“What’s the matter, Bloodthirst?”

“Can you accompany me to walk around Ponyville? I haven’t been walking in this whole town since the night I came here, except for the day you took me to see your friends, but…”

“There’s no need to be so depressed, Bloodthirst,” comforted Platinum. “I can take you out for a walk later this evening. I think you won’t be so bored then.”

“But what if anypony asks about me?”

“I’ll try to think of a good way. I’m not going to let your cover exposed to everypony else.”

“But… what if someone tries?”

“Trust me! We’ve got everything we’ve got to keep you secure!”

“If that’s the case…” Bloodthirst didn’t look where he was turning and he banged the pots and pans on the stove, sending them crashing onto the floor.

“Gah!” he yelped, leaping into the air.

“Bloodthirst! Are you alright? Be careful!”

“I’m… I’m okay… I’ll help you to sort out everything.”

They started to clean up the mess, but just as there was one pan remaining, they reached it at the same time, their hooves in contact with each other.

Bloodthirst and Platinum looked at each other before he jumped back with a fright.

“I’m sorry,” said Bloodthirst.

“It’s alright,” smiled Platinum.

But however, Bloodthirst felt funny. The way he touched her hoof was a bit embarrassing, but he recalled the days when he stayed with them. Platinum was the pony that treated him the nicest. His mind was spinning.

“What is this feeling? I never felt that before…” he thought to himself.

But as Platinum gave him a tour around Ponyville, nothing else happened. Everything turned out normal, but Bloodthirst still felt uneasy.

That night, while Platinum went to bed early, Bloodthirst approached Prudence Aura, who was still staying up late studying her hairdressing book borrowed from the Friendship Rainbow Kingdom Castle.

“Hey, Prudence.”

“What’s the matter, Bloodthirst?”

“Can I tell you something?”

“Sure, what is it?”

“I have a strange feeling…”

“What’s strange?”

“I don’t know… I just don’t know… After I had a minor accident with Platinum this afternoon, my mind was thinking about her all the time…”

“Let me guess… you must be having a crush on her!”

“I have? Are you kidding me?”

“Come on! Remember the story of your parents?”

“I know…”

“Look, if you still keep thinking about my sister for a long time, you’re in crush in her, then you’ll be in love with each other. That’s what exactly your dad had, and even Melody Aurora and Chaos Control! Doesn’t that make sense to you?”

Bloodthirst pondered. “Alright, I admit,” he sighed at last. “I’m having a crush on her now, but please, don’t tell her, OK?”

“You want to tell her your own?”

“I… I just don’t have a courage. I think I’ll let her see my heart…”

“Aw man. But don’t worry, the secret’s safe within me!”

“Are you sure you can keep it?”

“I promise!”

Soon, it was the day before Rarity returned from Manehattan.

Platinum got up first, along with Bloodthirst.

“So, did you sleep well?”

“I guess I didn’t. I always had nightmares whenever I sleep. I see those who I killed come and attack me. This happens every night. I don’t want to think of it…!” He hugged her and wept.

“Don’t worry,” Platinum patted him. “Everything’s going to be alright soon.”

Then there was a knock at the door.

“I’ll go and see who’s that,” said Platinum and she turned to the door.

“I have a bad feeling about this,” he thought to himself and hid behind the stairs.

Platinum opened the door to find a dark gray stallion with a huge build standing.

“Oh, good morning, sir! Welcome to Carousel Boutique!” she greeted the stallion.

“My pleasure, Miss,” the stallion replied. “Are you short of jewels and stuff?”

“Er, I actually have enough of them at the moment.”

“But I have found some rare and exotic ones that can make your fashion worth more. Are you interested?”

The moment the stallion said “rare and exotic”, Platinum’s eyes lit up.

Back at the stairs, Bloodthirst had seen everything. He saw Platinum’s horn lit an evil red for a brief moment.

“No way! Platinum’s under control by him! I must warn Prudence and Sweetie!”

After making sure that Platinum and the stallion were away, he rushed upstairs to find Sweetie Belle and Prudence Aura already got up.

“Oh, good morning, Bloodthirst,” greeted Sweetie Belle.

“Everyone listen! It’s an emergency!”

“What’s the matter?” asked Prudence, rubbing her eye.

“My uncle’s here!”

“He’s here!?” Sweetie Belle’s expression turned to shock.

“What’s more, he’s luring Platinum away!”

“To where?” asked Platinum, now shocked, too.

“I’m not sure, but all I know that she’s going to be in grave danger!”

Sweetie Belle and Prudence glanced out of their window. They could see Platinum heading towards the Everfree Forest. Then they looked into each other’s eyes with horror.

“We must tell everypony!” decided Sweetie Belle.

“Then you warn them!”

“Why don’t you come with us?” asked Prudence.

“Please, I don’t want to let myself known to your friends. Just find everyone while I’ll go and save her!”

“Are you sure? You’ll meet your uncle, too!”

“Don’t worry, Prudence. I’ll keep a safe distance from him. Now, go and gather your friends!” And he rushed out of the boutique.

“How are we supposed to tell?” asked Prudence.

“I got an idea. You go and gather your friends, but I won’t tell their parents now, since they’re away to Canterlot for the moment.”

“Then how would you tell them?”

“Simple. When Twilight and her friends wait at the station for Rarity this evening, I’ll tell them. But make sure that you’ll save her before it’s too late!”

“Right! Let’s get to it!”