• Published 10th Aug 2014
  • 1,534 Views, 15 Comments

The Inheritors of Friendship - NgKQ



Sequel to "Prophecy of the Future", the children of the Mane Six aim to learn the value of friendship from their parents and also put an end to the evil Queen Myra!

  • ...
9
 15
 1,534

Chapter 29

Two weeks have passed after the night me and Honey Drops chatted. Both of us agreed to keep this a secret from the rest of the guards, as we knew what would happen if we let Captain Apollo know about this. That night was probably one of my most memorable nights. I somehow developed a strange feeling towards her.

But anyway, today we had a special visit from the neighboring griffon country. As usual, we were assigned to our basic duties. First, we had to stand in line to welcome our honored guest.

“Stay calm,” I told myself. “I can’t ruin the day!”

There, coming from the line, was Sir Gabron, the current ruler of all griffons. As he passed us, we all gave our salutes. He proceeded towards Princess Celestia.

“It’s a pleasure to meet you here, Princess,” began Sir Gabron. “To discuss about the trading matters.”

“No problem, Sir Gabron.”

As the leaders entered the castle, we were ordered to break up our formation and resume our normal duties. However, today has been more dutiful. Our duties have been increased to ensure the safety of Sir Gabron and his messengers.

In the meeting room, both the princesses and Sir Gabron were discussing seriously.

“So your problem is that your nation’s production is under crisis?”

“Correct. We were having a terrible drought for the past few weeks, causing a shortage of water and thus reducing our crops.”

“If that’s the case, then list down what you’re lacking so that we will try to help you overcome this until it’s over…”

It was just after lunchtime, when I was wandering around with nothing to do. Then, Meadow Charm signaled me to get to her.

“Orion, you can meet Honey Drops and the girls now!”

“Really? But where’s Captain Apollo?”

“He’ll be working the same shift as I do, which means that he’ll stand on guard with me so don’t worry about him catching you on strike!”

“Man, you’re always nicer. Anyway, thanks!”

“Don’t tell him that I allowed you!”

With that, I resumed my patrolling duty, at the same time looking out where the girls are. Then I stumbled upon Captain Apollo.

“Doing fine, Prince Orion?”

I saluted him. “Yes, sir!”

“Then just carry on! Don’t let me catch you sleeping!”

As he went away, I gave a sigh of relief.

“That was pretty close,” I whispered to myself.

Then without warning, the door beside me opened and somepony dragged me inside.

“Whoa!” I yelped. Then I looked into the room. “Honey Drops?”

“We’re waiting for you, actually,” said Scarlet Glaze.

“Waiting for me? For what?”

“Be with us for a while,” answered Leafie Sweet.

I was surprised. What are they gonna do? Seduce me? “Wait, what are you guys…”

“Chill, Princey,” calmed Noxxa. “We’re not doing anything bad to you.”

I calmed myself. “So, what are you planning?”

“Just having a chat with us,” replied Fluorescent Glow. “We really mean no harm.”

Meanwhile, in the meeting room…

“So, where is it that you’re lacking?”

“Here, this water stream’s dried up recently, and it’s causing water levels in the dam to go dangerously low. If it gets too low, it’s a crisis for my kingdom.”

“Okay, so water supply is a must to your kingdom. Anything else to say?”

Before he could answer, suddenly, a terrible crash rocked the castle.

“What was that?” asked Princess Luna, shocked as the leaders went out of the room to find out.

Back in our room, we were startled by the sudden loud crash.

“What’s going on?” cried Noxxa.

“We better check that out!” I said, and we all rushed downstairs.

“What the Tartarus…!” As we reached the throne room, I couldn’t believe what I saw. Standing there, was a huge scorpion-like creature raging. I could see a number of guards being knocked out by the monster.

The princesses, Sir Gabron, Captain Apollo and Meadow Charm arrived at the throne room only to gasp looking at the creature.

The gigantic beast turned towards them.

“Finally, Princess, you showed up!” the beast began.

“Who are you? What are you doing in my castle?”

“My name is Scarpus, and thanks to somepony, I am finally free since six hundred years you sent me to Tartarus!”

“Who was that somepony who freed you?” demanded Sir Gabron.

“Ah, I couldn’t remember, but all I know is that she’s an Alicorn, who claims that one day she will dominate the whole universe!”

An Alicorn who wants to dominate the universe, was that the evil Queen Myra which Princess Celestia has told me about?

“So you’ve formed an alliance with her, huh?” asked Princess Celestia. “Well then, I can banish you back, but it won’t be the same as last time!”

“Do it if you dare!”

“Stand back, Princess,” said Captain Apollo. “No one dares to knock down a strong pony like me! Come with me, Meadow!”

“But sir, I’m not even-”

“Don’t you dare argue!” There goes his antics again. “Just attack him with all your might!”

“Captain, don’t!” I called him, but it was too late.

He and a reluctant Meadow had already charged to battle the beast.

“Orion, what can we do?” asked Honey Drops. “We have to finish this monster!”

“I know, but Captain might now allow us!”

“Don’t care about him already! The Princesses and our guest of honor’s lives are at stake!” cried Leafie.

Scarpus had a grin on his face. Using his stinger, he landed a swipe upon Captain Apollo and Meadow Charm. Meadow avoided the stinger but she knocked onto the wall. Captain wasn’t so lucky. He was hit directly by the stinger and was thrown to a corner.

The leaders stared at them with shock.

“He’s got a shield so that nopony can break through his defenses!” a guard called.

“Now then,” said Scarpus. “Who wants to be my next victim?”

“This doesn’t look good,” I said to myself. I turned to Honey Drops. “Okay Honey. You got chaotic skills right?”

“Yeah…”

“Tell you what, we’re gonna help Captain no matter what. You’re gonna use your chaotic powers to tackle him and I’ll be the decoy. When he’s off-guard, I’ll deal the blows.”

“What about us?” asked Noxxa.

“Try to help your captain whatever you can,” I told them. “Alright, there’s no time to lose!”

With that, I stormed into the room with Honey following me. The rest stayed behind.

“Stop right here!” I called him. “In their places, it’s my turn!”

“Oh,” Scarpus now turned towards us. “I got some more ants to deal with, huh?”

“You’re not gonna harm anypony else in this castle!” said Honey.

“Well,” he glanced at us. “Looks like you’re much better than these two fools I dealt. Fine! Challenge accepted!”

“Bring it on!” I challenged him.

As he marched forward, readied his stinger, suddenly, he slipped.

“Huh?” asked Fluorescent. “But the floor isn’t wet!”

Then Honey winked at me. I immediately knew what she meant.

She had used her chaotic skills to make the floor look slippery and soapy for Scarpus!

“Good job,” I told her.

As Scarpus struggled to get up, I was already in the air, firing my magic blast to him.

“Gaah!” he screamed.

“Alright, girls, get to your captain, now!” I instructed them.

Without wasting time, the four all galloped towards their stricken captain.

“Captain!”

“Are you alright?”

“Uh, I’m… alright.” Meadow struggled to get up to her hooves. “But seriously I thought that I was about to be poisoned. Looks like your boss isn’t really lucky.”

“But look what Orion and Honey Drops are doing now,” Scarlet told her.

“What…?” Meadow could only watch the raging battle between Scarpus and us.

Captain Apollo was lying in agony on the floor, watching us battle.

“Orion, just give up!” He whispered. “You’re no match to him.”

The next thing we knew, we battled fiercely with Scarpus. He really had a magical shield surrounding him, but by using her chaotic skills, she was able to interrupt that, allowing me to hammer some attacks. Despite being knocked down several times by his pincers, yet we were relentless to give up.

The leaders watched in awe as we battled.

“I’ve never seen an Alicorn pony guard so relentless before!” cried Sir Gabron.

“He’s the son of a late royal guard and the Princess of Friendship. He took up this ambition to protect everypony he loves,” explained Princess Celestia.

“The Princess of Friendship… you don’t mean Princess Twilight Sparkle?”

Soon, we were heavily bruised. Yet we still didn’t let our guard down.

“Anymore?” I asked him, who was bruised, too.

“Looks like you’re not the puppets I expected…”

Then I saw Honey Drops quietly charging towards his back, trying to land a hit. But unfortunately, the unthinkable happened.

Quick as lightning, Scarpus aimed his stinger and it struck Honey Drops directly and deeply into her stomach.

Then she fell to the ground, motionless. Everypony gasped.

“Honey Drops, NO!” I screamed.

Scarpus turned to me. “Well, well, how does it feel to see your comrade fall?”

“I had enough!” I raged. “You’ll pay for that!”

“Let’s see about it!” He said and readied his stinger, preparing to fire his own blast.

I reacted just in time by firing my own blast as well. Our blasts clashed together. The clashing point eventually reached the shield he was casting.

“Give up, puny prince! Nobody ever defeats me!”

“Ugh…!” As I continued to concentrate and struggle, memories of the incident back at the Canterlot Mall ten years ago returned. Is history repeating itself?

The Princesses and Sir Gabron watched the clash, full of tension.

Just then there was a sound of glass cracking.

One guard pointed. “Look at the shield. It’s cracking!”

I looked at it. Indeed, cracks have formed at the place where the clash was! I gave a grin and continued pushing.

Scarpus, who was smiling evilly suddenly changed his expression to shock when his defense was weakening.

“What the…! No!” He tried to fight back, but it was no use.

With a mighty explosion, the defense broke and we were repelled from each other.

I struggled to get up despite having all my strength lost.

“He… he broke the shield!”

Scarpus got up, disbelieving on what he saw.

“Urh… that’s impossible!” Suddenly, a portal opened behind him. I peered inside. It was Tartarus. “What!?”

“Prince Orion Galaxy not only has the power to break even the strongest defenses, but at the same time the enemy will be stripped of its powers!” Princess Celestia declared.

“What!? Wait, NOOOOOOOO!!!!” With a scream, he was eventually banished back to Tartarus by Princess Celestia.

As the portal closed, I almost lost my balance over. Sir Gabron quickly rushed over to support me.

“Hey, Prince! Are you okay?” He asked me.

“I’m… fine,” I moaned. “Please… take me to the female royal guard over there…!”

Sir Gabron supported me until I came upon Honey Drops, lying unconscious on the floor.

“Please, Honey Drops,” I wailed. “Don’t give me anything negative. Please!”

At the same time, the girls rushed over, with Meadow Charm feeling her over.

“She’s alright,” said Meadow after feeling her pulse. “If we can remove the poison in time then it won’t be hazardous.”

The medical ponies came to rescue the injured ones, including Captain Apollo. He could only look at me.

“Please, save my childhood friend!” I pleaded them. “I can’t lose her!”

“We’ll do whatever we can, Your Highness. Stay calm.”

As the medical ponies came to treat me, I began to feel dizzy. Princess Luna went to my side.

“Princess Luna,” I told her. “Don’t forget… to tell your sister…”

“Tell her what?”

“That thing… I hope you know what I mean…” Then I passed out, unconscious.

For a moment, everything went dark all around me. The next thing I knew, I was right in a huge, vast meadow, full of colorful flowers.

“Hello? Anypony here?” I called. As I wandered around, suddenly, I heard a familiar voice calling me.

“You seem to have overwhelmed yourself, didn’t you, Orion?”