• Published 10th Aug 2014
  • 1,535 Views, 15 Comments

The Inheritors of Friendship - NgKQ



Sequel to "Prophecy of the Future", the children of the Mane Six aim to learn the value of friendship from their parents and also put an end to the evil Queen Myra!

  • ...
9
 15
 1,535

Chapter 16

A few days after discussing about their plan, the friends soon bought their respective instruments to practice with. Even so, they need to buy some musical books to help them learn the notes. Luckily, it was Melody who did the expenditure on the books.

“I thought that I’m going to be broke after spending all that cash on the instruments!” Chaos told Melody after buying his keyboard set.

“Don’t worry,” assured Melody. “As long as you’ve got somepony who’s an expert at books like her mother.”

For the next few days, the band members were busily practicing their instruments. However, in the midst of practicing, they seemed to forget something, but not their daily duties…

“Hey guys,” said Raisin to everyone at a usual meeting. “I feel like we’re missing something…”

“What is it?” asked Peanut.

“Hmm, my Pepper Sense tells me that we are indeed missing something for our band,” revealed Pepper.

“Is it our band name?” asked Prudence.

“*gasp* Exactly! I was thinking about it, too!” exclaimed Thunder.

“Well uh, how should we name ourselves?” asked Chaos.

“The Fantastic Seven?” asked Peanut.

“Supreme Seven?” said Pepper.

“The Awesome Pals!” added Thunder.

“CUT! These names aren’t right to me. They don’t make any sense,” interrupted Pizza.

“*sigh* That didn’t work,” said Thunder. “How are we supposed to think of a name properly?”

“Maybe if we can think of something that’s got to be done with friendship,” suggested Prudence.

“You got the point, Prudence,” said Pizza. “Since we’re the kids of the Elements of Harmony, friendship is one thing that fits us!”

“So, how are we going to name ourselves?” pondered Chaos.

“Let me see…” paused Pizza, then he announced the name out loud. “Let’s call ourselves ‘The Neo-Generation Friendship Band’, for short, NGFB. How’s that, huh?”

After a few seconds’ silence, the band members clapped and cheered.

“Oh whoa, I love that name!” beamed Thunder.

“Man, Pizza, you’re such a genius!” praised Peanut.

“Count on your best brother-pal anytime!” replied Pizza and they high-hooved.

“These two sure like to get along, huh?” asked Raisin.

“Any prank they do, any joke they make, they’re inseparable,” said Chaos. “In fact everything won’t be lively without any one of them or both.”

“Though they got to minor conflictin’ sometimes,” added Pepper.

“I’d always understand my best buddy,” elaborated Thunder. “I can’t make any pranks without him.”

“Like mother, like son, eh?” asked Chaos. “I remember how Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash used to play pranks with my mom. She told me all about that.”

“Oh, really?” chuckled Raisin. “My mom even used to be rivals with her.”

The seven then spent the next few weeks mastering their instruments.

At their next meet up…

“So,” said Melody. “I wonder how’s everypony doing after all those practices and training.”

“Just doing pretty fine with Ray and Thunder,” reported Peanut.

“I’m used to the keys by the way,” commented Chaos. “Just need to keep the sound at a low volume so as not to disturb the critters in my house. Some of them did stop to listen and watch me play, though.”

“At least he didn’t disturb anyone else at home,” added Beryl.

“Getting addicted to those beatings and crash-boom-bangings,” said Pepper before imitating the sound of a drum beat and cymbals crashing.

“Sounds good all the way,” remarked Platinum.

“Oh sheesh, you’re making me jealous,” said Malinae.

Then suddenly, they heard Prudence singing.

It’s the spirit of friendship that makes our day,
Like the feeling when you’ve got heaps and heaps of hay.

“Wow, nice song!” cried Melody. “What’s that song anyway?”

“It’s a song I’ve been composing for my band,” answered Prudence. “I feel that it’s about time we did a song for ourselves.”

“Hey! Why didn’t you keep a Pinkie Promise to tell us about your latest condition?” cried Pizza.

“Sorry, it just came to my mind this morning.”

“Well then,” said Chaos at last. “I think Prudence got us motivated.”

“Huh?” asked Pepper with doubt.

“It’s about time we started making our own music. After all, we’re pretty experienced in playing and trying out all those songs so far.”

“Chaos’ right,” agreed Raisin. “We did have fun all the way in trying out all those songs, from the easiest ones we can handle until those hard-to-keep-our-hooves-right songs. I’m getting the thrill of it now.”

“Yeah, and it’s getting more and more challenging to us now.”

“And now it’s time for us to take the next step,” declared Thunder.

“Totally agree, buddy!” called Pizza, and they high-hooved. “I just wanna hope that Sapphire Shores can notice us. I’m a big fan of her all the time.”

“Don’t forget about me, too,” reminded Platinum. “I became her fan too because of Momma.”

“I remember the moment she was kidnapped by the Diamond Dogs,” recalled Melody. “Mom and everypony else had to save her. I loved the funny moment when Spike, uh…”

“I know, Spike did have a crush on Rarity before,” finished Honey, which made everypony laugh.

“But Momma did have some advice towards him, huh?” asked Prudence.

“Yeah, and he had to obey it. Now I think Spike’s making himself single for the moment,” said Melody.

“Whoa, dunno when he’ll get his new dragon mate,” said Peanut.

“We’ll just hope that she’s a nice dragon,” said Beryl.

“Not like those wild ones we always encounter,” added Greenie.

Again, the band members were busily into their work at composing their music, and it was Prudence who did the contribution. They needed to learn how to synchronize their beats and movements in time so as not to make the music sound awkward.

“So I should sing this part?” asked Pepper upon glancing the music sheet Prudence wrote.

“Correct, and after this verse it’s my role, and then everypony gets to sing that chorus…”

One afternoon, during their usual practice, Melody arrived with Spike.

“Hey guys, guess what?” asked Melody.

“What’s going on?” asked Peanut.

“Sapphire Shores is going to hold a contest in two months!” announced Spike, and he showed them a poster.

“Really? Is it?” gasped Prudence, and they all went around to take a look.

“I think it’s your chance to show Sapphire Shores who you really are!” said Melody.

“Oh gosh, I can’t believe it,” cried Thunder.

“It’s like my dream is coming true!” exclaimed Pizza.

“Then what are we waiting for?” asked Pepper. “It’s time to put some action!”

“Let’s practice really hard starting now!” said Chaos.

“Right!” the band shouted as they put their hooves together.