• Published 10th Aug 2014
  • 1,534 Views, 15 Comments

The Inheritors of Friendship - NgKQ



Sequel to "Prophecy of the Future", the children of the Mane Six aim to learn the value of friendship from their parents and also put an end to the evil Queen Myra!

  • ...
9
 15
 1,534

Chapter 1

Author's Note:

Special thanks to PrinnyAniki from Deviantart for giving me permission to feature his OC, Nikula Alder in my story.
Check out his profile to learn more about his OC.

A few years have passed since Twilight Sparkle’s daughter, Melody Aurora intervened from the future. Twilight and her friends had experienced many events, from the preparation of the Equestria Games to the invasion of Lord Tirek. Now it’s yet another peaceful time all across Equestria.

And it wasn’t only Twilight Sparkle who was married, the rest of her friends had found their romances as well. Cheese Sandwich has decided to settle permanently at Ponyville while Applejack had found her beloved after a stallion named Nikula “Niku” Alder from a faraway land confessed his love to her. Rarity has successfully gained a whole new level in her world of fashion and was recognized by another fashion critic in Manehattan. A truly reformed Discord has tied the knot with Fluttershy, while Soarin confessed to Rainbow Dash after she was fully recognized as a Wonderbolt.

No sooner they have married they had their children of their own. Flash and Twilight had a son and they named him Orion Galaxy, hoping him to be a great element of power in the universe. Then Discord and Fluttershy had a daughter, named Honey Drops. This was followed by Niku and Applejack who had a daughter, and then Cheese and Pinkie Pie had a son. As close friends they would allow their children to socialize and be friends with each other.

It was one evening at the playground, four years after the birth of Orion.

“Oh, geez, they are so adorable!” said Rarity watching them playing from afar.

“Why do you say so?” asked Niku.

“Oh, for the pleasure,” replied Rarity. “But honestly my husband would stay and work at Manehattan for months! You get what I mean. I wish I already had my children. Then I won’t be so lonely working.” She sighed. “I just hope that he doesn’t meet another mare there, otherwise just he’ll wait!”

“Aww man,” said Applejack, cuddling her one month old son. His name was Raisin Brandy, and the khaki-colored filly who was playing with Orion and the others was her daughter Fiji.

“I know how you feel,” sympathized Soarin. “Actually you aren’t the only one in misery. Rainbow and I had to take care in a lot of affairs. In fact we were so occupied that we didn’t even plan on having a kid just yet. But we also wished to have a joy in our house, too.”

“Don’t be miserable,” pipped in Pinkie Pie, with her one-year old son, Peanut Butter. “You can get the joy when you finally had one!”

“She’s right you know,” agreed Rainbow Dash. “Although there are thing you have to overcome like the mess babies make!”

“You do have a point,” added Discord. “I thought only unicorns and pegasi have their ability surges, but I found my house turned topsy-turvy during the days when my daughter was a baby!”

“Honey has her hidden chaotic surges,” reminded Fluttershy. “But don’t worry, you have at least tamed them.”

Discord only blushed.

“Come to talk of it,” resumed Spike. “Imagine me keeping company with Orion! Unicorn magic plus Pegasus flights… I had to deal with everything he does at home. Ugh!!” The baby dragon had grown a few inches bigger, but in terms of his personality, he never changed.

“You still got a lot to learn about foalsitting, Spike. I know you’re tired, but Orion has at least someone to be kept company!” reassured Twilight.

“One thing I had to ask about your son,” said Cheese Sandwich. “Lately you’ve been encouraging him on studying, didn’t you?”

“Oh, that’s true,” answered Flash Sentry. “We found him grabbing a book probably about a year ago, and he insisted on studying it. After that he told us that he wanted to be studious and become a professor!”

“That’s a brilliant ambition!” praised Niku. “I just hope that my children would take up the same jobs that I do.”

“Man, you surely are imagining lots since we’ve first met!” chuckled Applejack.

“Oh, my, is it time now?” asked Rarity, looking at the clock tower.

“Oh, yeah, guess it’s almost dark,” said Cheese.

“Maybe we should go home now,” said Fluttershy. “Hey kids, time to go home!”

The foals heard Fluttershy’s voice. “We’re coming!” they cried and ran towards their parents respectively.

“Why, how good you are in calling them!” said Soarin. “I couldn’t even do that!”

“Just remember the time when the Cutie Mark Crusaders were almost the same age as them,” reminded Rarity. “She’s good at such stuff.”

“How was your gaming today?” asked Flash to Orion.

“Cool!” answered the Alicorn colt.

“Wanna come again tomorrow?” asked Discord to Honey Drops.

“Yeah! All of us were having fun!”

“Looks like we learned some more new stuff today,” concluded Rainbow Dash. “Maybe we can meet again and discuss more about our business in the castle tomorrow!” she said to Twilight.

“Sure thing, Rainbow,” replied Twilight. “See you all tomorrow!” She bade to her friends.

The next morning, Twilight woke up, feeling herself a bit weird.

“Funny,” she said to herself. “Did I eat something wrong last night? If not why am I… umph…!”

Instantly she jumped from her bed, waking Flash as well while making her way to the bathroom. When Flash caught up with her, he found her throwing up at the basin.

“Twilight!” cried Flash, supporting her. “Are you okay?”

“I’m… ugh… fine…” replied Twilight uncomfortably. “I think I… ate something wrong last night…”

“Serious?” asked Flash, rather panicked. “Then we’d better see a doctor immediately!”

At that moment Orion came into the room with Spike.

“Good morning,” greeted Orion. “Uh… what happened to you?”

“Hey, Twilight, are you okay?” asked Spike upon seeing Twilight’s face blue.

“Uh… I’m… not too sure…”

“Spike, can you do me a favor?” asked Flash. “Twilight doesn’t seem well and I need to take her to the doctor. Can you help me to see Orion off to school?”

“No problem, Flash!” promised Spike.

“Enjoy your day, sonny!” Flash called to his son.

“Um… OK…” responded Orion, feeling rather confused. “What’s actually wrong with her, Mr Spike?” He asked after they left.

“Well… I’m not pretty sure,” replied Spike. “Why don’t we’ll have our breakfast first?”

“Okay!”

At school, Orion was feeling uneasy. What happened to his mom? Was she ill or something?

“What’s wrong with you, Orion?” asked Honey Drops, interrupting Orion from his ponders.

“Err, well, nothing,” replied Orion. “Just that mom and dad were doing weird this morning.”

“Huh? What happened to them?”

“I don’t know, not even Mr Spike!” he continued. “But dad did say that mom wasn’t feeling well…”

“Oh, that’s bad,” pitied Honey. “But your mom really needs to see the doctor if she’s sick.”

“Yeah, you’re right. We’ve learned this, didn’t we?”

“Of course we did! Hey, how could a prince like you forget something even basic?”

“I’m not forgetful! It’s just that… I’m thinking too much…”

“Never mind,” assured Honey. “I’m sure she’ll get well soon.”

“Thank you.”

When Orion returned home, he saw his parents with Spike, with smiles on their faces.

“Mom, are you feeling better?” asked Orion.

Instead of answering, Flash asked him straight. “Hey sonny, guess what?”

“Huh, what happened?” asked Orion with doubt. “Did you buy back something for me?”

“Not yet, young fella,” denied Spike.

“We’re just going to tell you,” revealed Twilight. “Next year you’re going to be a big brother!”

“… what?”

“Your mom’s expecting a foal,” continued Flash. “And it’s three months already! We calculated that by next year your baby brother or sister will be born!”

“A baby brother or sister…” said Orion with surprise. “I can’t believe it…!” He jumped around for joy. “I’m a big brother! I’m a BIG BROTHER!!!”

“Well,” said Spike. “He’s sure excited.”

“Do you think we should tell our friends now?” asked Twilight to Flash.

“Hmm, not today though, but we can call them next morning and only tell them as a surprise!”

Twilight smiled. Her wish to give her son joy was finally fulfilled.