• Published 15th Aug 2014
  • 1,599 Views, 26 Comments

Don't Let The Fire Die - Gleaming



Twilight goes back in time and finds young Celestia and Luna, Princess Platinum, Starswirl the Bearded, and Clover the Clever.

  • ...
4
 26
 1,599

Chapter III + Epilogue - Words of Wisdom and Home, Sweet Home

Chapter 3 + Epilogue: World of Wisdom and Home, Sweet Home


[/hr]

Trixie and Twilight’s eyes opened to an old unicorn standing in front of them, their vision still blurry from the harsh and damp weather outside.

“This can’t be who I think it is, the stories and books I read about his contribution to teaching magic to all unicorns!” Twilight jumped around with excitement in a circle around Trixie, Starswirl watched as his eyes boggled at the alicorn that was so excited to see him.

“Twilight, try to hold your composure. I’ve never seen you act like this before. Though I wish that some ponies would act like this at my shows,” Trixie sipped a cup of chamomile tea that Starswirl left for herself and Twilight.

Twilight ceased her jumping. She pressed her forehooves against her cheeks, and hyperventilated from being in the same place as Starswirl the Bearded. She cleared her throat and began to speak, “It's an honor to meet you, I’d have to say that it’s an honor to meet you.” She bowed before the ancient unicorn, he started to giggle.

Starswirl looked through his collection of books in the school, he found a book called Magical Healing: The Guide to Fixing Injuries and Curing Ailments. He squinted his eyes, looking through the pages with complex and simple descriptions of ailments and injuries. “Ah here we are, this should heal your friend’s wound right up,” Starswirl aimed his horn directly at Trixie’s back, he let his magic travel along the wound, closed the wound with one last blast and wrapped gauze around her injured area. “That should heal you up, don’t put too much pressure on it.”

Trixie coughed up some blood, but made sure to not strain herself. “I’m grateful that you took the time to heal me. I can say that Twilight is a little too hyper today.”

Starswirl nodded his head and kept his stoic posture, “It was no trouble at all. A lot of ponies can say that they’re fans of me, I appreciate the praise and admiration though. I’m just a wise, old unicorn who has lived past his time.”

Twilight ran up to Starswirl, knocked Trixie off her seat and her cup of chamomile tea spilled out of the cup into her mouth. Trixie’s face turned red with the heat building up in her cheeks, feeling the warmth swishing around in her mouth and leapt up to her hooves panicking. “Sorry about that, Trixie.”

Trixie dunked her head down a container of water, she lifted the container up and tilted her head up as the water was left half-empty. “Sorry won’t rid this tea from my tongue!”

“Starswirl, we’re to inform you that a member from a secret society is out to assassinate Princess Platinum and your student, Clover the Clever.” Twilight bit her lip nervously, Starswirl looked down at her with his eyes focused on her.

“I knew that secret society wouldn’t give up their efforts, no matter how hard they fall from the mountain of failure. I’ll keep my eye out for anything suspicious. As for you two, I suggest getting to the Canterlot Castle as quickly as possible,” Starswirl stated as Trixie and Twilight walked up to him, he leaned forward with the two mares wrapping their forelegs around him.

A single tear streamed down his face. He trotted up to the windowsill, opened the window as the rain poured into the room. “Never stray away from your path to justice, curing injustice in this world can help all of ponykind. Life has many challenges, now I wish you two the best of luck in defeating your adversary.”

“Thank you so much, Starswirl. Trixie, hop on my back and hold on tight.” Twilight raised her wings and flapped them with all her might,Trixie hopped on her back and she shot up into the sky, as a strong gust of wind trailed from behind her departure from the school to the castle.

Trixie’s screams could be heard from the skies above and the ground down below. “This is not what I’m used to! But, we’re doing this to save royalty and Starswirl’s student.” She stopped her incessant screaming when Twilight dipped downward towards the gates of the castle, two guards stood at attention, armed with spears.

The guards stretched their wings to block her path. “Halt! State your business for being here.”

“There is a pony who has planned to assassinate Princess Platinum and Clover the Clever. It may sound absurd to you, but we’re here to make sure that doesn’t happen.” Twilight inhaled and exhaled rapidly, Trixie stretched her foreleg over her back to calm her down.

“Any proof of this accusation?” the guards stared at them nonchalantly, not phased by their words.

“This is a serious, urgent matter. We would provide proof if we had any,” Twilight pleaded to them, her pupils began to grow with her lip quivered and ears flopped down on the side.

“Still don’t believe you. We can’t let you without proof.” Golden Shield said to Twilight.

Trixie grabbed him by his throat, yelled into his ear. “Listen you two, this urgent matter is very important to my friend and I. If you do not let us pass, we will grab those spears and shove them down your throats!”

Golden Shield’s face turned pale, while the guard beside him swallowed his spit and sweat trickled down his face. “Alright, we’ll let you pass. But, do not pull off any funny business.” They opened the gates to the castle, Twilight and Trixie trotted onto the castle grounds as the gates closed behind them with a thud.


[/hr]

“That was one impressive intimidation tactic, Trixie.” Twilight smiled weakly.

“I am Great and Powerful after all,” Trixie felt the warmth in her cheeks, puffed out her chest and her eyes wandered over to the two ponies in the castle gardens.

“You might want to look over there,” Trixie grabbed Twilight by her head and turned her head sideways to the castle gardens, they watched two ponies frolick around with each other.

Twilight looked down at their flanks and noticed the cutie marks on them. One mare had a pristine, white coat while the other had a dark blue coat on them - immediately she figured out that these two mares looked familiar. “Trixie, this might sound crazy but I believe that those two mares are Celestia and Luna, in their young age.”

“Preposterous, I’ll believe it when I see it.” Trixie’s eyes peered down to their flanks, both symbols were scanned across her pupils and her mind clicked. “You’re absolutely right, Twilight!”

“We should go talk to them,” Trixie trotted over to the gardens before Twilight grabbed her by the tail and yanked her back to her position, she dragged her ever-so-slightly.

“If we change anything in the past, we are bound to alter the future. It’s bad enough that we may have changed a few aspects of the past and the future, time to focus on the task at hoof. Eliminating this unknown stallion,” Twilight dragged Trixie along the dirt road to the large gate that spread across a moat.

The gate slowly opened across the moat, chains clanged along the side of the gate as Twilight and Trixie walked across the gate, and into the castle. They were unaware that their intended target swam through the moat under the gate to jump on it, the chains reclined back to close the gate. As the gate closed behind him, he walked near a wall and turned his head around the corner where a guard walked towards him.


[/hr]

Anarchy stalked the guard closely as he turned the corner, sneaked up behind him and covered the guard’s muzzle with his right forehoof. He kicked the rear end of his legs only to watch him drop down on the floor, watched the surroundings around him to make sure the coast was clear and silenced his muffled cries for help.

The guard struggled to break free of his grip, but failed as he was flopped down on his belly, and Anarchy stomped his head down into the floor. “I’m going to have my hooves full with all these guards around, I should take them out from the source. That’s pushing my luck, time to find Princess Platinum and Clover the Clever,” he thought to himself.

Anarchy trotted down the hallway, he stopped in his tracks as four guards were walking in his general direction. The four guards heard him trot away, they followed him down a narrow and down a flight of stairs in the Royal Guard barracks. He came to a complete stop with his back against the lockers.

“What are you doing trespassing on restricted grounds?” One of the guards asked him, his glare caused Anarchy to freeze up with the blood rushing to his head.

“Well, you see-” He stopped mid-sentence, the guards tackled him into the lockers with full force of a rampaging bull. The guards approached Anarchy with precaution and pointed their spears at him, his head started to rise as he stretched his hind leg out and sweeped two guards off their hooves to the ground.

Anarchy hoisted a guard that laid down on the ground at his hooves, who begged for mercy and picked him up on his withers. He turned his body counterclockwise on his withers, locked his tight grip around him, spun him around in the air, and drove his body down onto the hard floor below. Blood gushed out of his broken skull, he looked down at him with remorseless eyes.

The three guards ran out of the barracks to alert the Princess and Clover. Anarchy followed soon behind them and tackled one of the guards to the floor, the guard retaliated as he kicked him into the wall, it caused a small dent to form in the wall. Anarchy was scraped off the wall and dragged up the hallway to the throne room.


[/hr]

“Looks like we’re here at the throne room. Where four guards are guarding the doors,” Twilight moaned as she walked up to the throne doors, the four guards stopped Twilight and Trixie immediately.

“Do we really have to go through this again?” Trixie backed one of the guards to the wall with her foreleg pressed against his neck.

“That won’t be necessary,” They opened the throne doors that towered over them, a loud creak could be heard throughout the room and hallway.

Trixie removed her foreleg from the guard’s neck. “Good, glad they saw things my way.”

The doors closed behind them with an ominous slam that echoed in the throne room. Two guards with flat, blue berets with orange quill feathers poking out from behind their berets were standing beside Princess Platinum’s throne. Short, puffy purple sleeves that were embroidered with Celestia’s cutie mark, their tails tied in a knot and a miniature three star flag draped over their backs and flanks. There on the throne was Princess Platinum, her platinum crown mounted on her head and purple robe covered her back. She held her scepter high as the bottom of the scepter came down with a loud thud, Platinum stepped off her diarch making her way to the two mares standing on the long carpet.

“What brings you two in my throne room?” Princess Platinum looked suspiciously at the two travelers, awaiting an answer.

“Pardon our intrusion, your highness. But, we’re here to protect you and Clover the Clever from a pony who plans to assassinate you,” Twilight said, she bowed before the princess as Trixie bowed soon after.

“Guards, see to it that we’re heavily guarded inside and outside of the castle!” Her voice boomed in the throne room. The guards nodded their heads and stood outside of the doors of the throne room, while the rest of the brigade rushed out to the gates at the entrance of the castle.

Twilight shuddered from the high volume of her voice, “Where is Clover?”

Platinum pointed her hoof to the white unicorn in the corner. Her purple eyes were fixated on the diagrams that Starswirl the Bearded left her to study with, the diagrams would help her practice and enhance her magic. As she picked up a quill and dipped the quill in the black ink, writing down the notes on History of The Royal Guard Brigade. “These notes could show Starswirl how much I’ve learned over the past few months,” she dropped the quill once Twilight startled her then she turned around to her.

“Wah! You startled me,” Clover’s aura dropped the quill in the ink, black spots of link splattered across her face. “What brings you here to the castle?”

“We’re here to protect you from a secret society member,” Trixie shook Clover back and forth repeatedly, Twilight raised Trixie in the air with her magic and dropped her on the marble floor.

“Sorry about that, Clover. Trixie can get a little carried away with these things,” Twilight smiled sheepishly, then her expression changed as she glared contemptuously at Trixie.

“That’s alright. Do I have the matter of addressing?” Clover’s smile stretched across her face.

“My name is Princess Twilight Sparkle. You can address in whatever matter that you feel accustomed to,” Twilight took a bow in a curtsy motion.

“My name is The Great and Powerful Trixie. I know how to put on a show and leave all ponies begging for more,” Trixie raised her forelegs dramatically as a plethora of fireworks went off behind her, swirling around and shooting off into the sky.

“Nice to meet you both.” Clover extended her hoof out to them, they shook her hoof and turned their heads as the huge doors opened.

Two guards barged through the doors, dragging Anarchy across the carpet leaving a thick trail of blood behind them and small drops of blood poured from his face. Bruises and cuts, all the way from his head to the end of his back with visible bumps on his cheeks. “Sorry to bother you, your majesty. This intruder attempted to carry a hit on yourself and Clover the Clever, what shall we do with him?”

They hurled Anarchy’s mangled body at the hooves of the princess, he looked at her soulless eyes for an ounce of forgiveness. “I hereby decree that he is executed in the middle of the streets, in front of everypony.”

“Yes, your majesty.” The two guards locked their forearms around Anarchy’s forelegs, dragging him out of the throne room and slammed the doors behind them.

Twilight, Clover, and Trixie looked at Princess Platinum with questionable expressions. “That was a little too far, your highness.” They said simultaneously.

Princess Platinum turned around to them and said, “You can go out to the streets and do what you wish, but this pony must pay for even the thought of killing myself and you, Clover.”

Twilight and Trixie rushed out of the castle with Clover and raced down the road to the castle gardens, as Clover and Trixie hopped on Twilight’s back and Twilight flew over the gates.

“Why are we going to watch or save this guy from being executed?” Trixie felt her eyes boggle out of her head, she wondered whether she would retain her sanity after this.

“I’m conflicted right now, Trixie. Whether this guy deserves his fate sealed by execution or just to spend the rest of his life in misery, I just don’t know.” The questions and thoughts came rushing into Twilight’s mind, even she began to question her morality.

“Never stray away from your path to justice, curing injustice in this world can help all of ponykind.” Twilight thought of those inspiring words that Starswirl said to them, she dipped down to the cobblestone streets below and felt the ground move beneath her hooves.

The two guards assigned to execute Anarchy, kept a firm grasp on the rope that would hang him by the neck on a stool and kick him off said stool. They hoisted him up on the stool with the rope dangling above his head and began to wrap the rope around his throat, until Twilight raised a hoof at them to stop. “Stop!”

Trixie hopped off of Twilight’s back. “You have to listen to Twilight! We know that Anarchy killed a bartender, sent six ninja mares dressed in latex suits, also plotted to kill Princess Platinum and Clover the Clever. But, maybe there is another way.”

Princess Platinum rushed out of the castle and onto the Canterlot streets. “What alternate solution could you possibly have for this criminal?”

“You could try sending him to an insane asylum. Have twenty-four surveillance on every move and action that he does, especially if he steps out of line. Then, have Clover suggest some alternatives to you,” Trixie finished her speech, Princess Platinum nodded her head as the guards released Anarchy from the rope and he stepped off the stool.

Anarchy wrapped his forelegs around Trixie, catching her off guard and she returned the warm embrace with a hug. “I’ll be sure to change my ways from now on.”

“You better. Twilight, let’s go back to the castle to see if Celestia and Luna can bring us back to our universe.” Trixie said as she hopped on Twilight’s back.

“Hi-ho, Twilight!” She kicked Twilight in the side as she flapped her wings and took flight back to the castle gardens.


[/hr]

Celestia’s light magenta hair flapped in the wind as she chased after a butterfly, Luna trotted behind her on the pursuing of the aerial animal. She leapt off her hooves in an attempt to catch the butterfly, but she missed and fell down on her sister’s back. “We’ll get that butterfly next time, Luna.” she giggled softly at her sister, wrestling her down on the grass and rolled around with her.

Luna rubbed her nose as a white butterfly perched itself on her nose. “My dear sister, thy loves it when we try to capture these butterflies. The capturing has been doubled!” She raised her hoof high, Celestia caught the butterfly in the golden glow of her magic.

Twilight’s hooves landed on the soft grass of the garden, white daffodils flapping in the cool breeze of the wind. “Celestia and Luna, we need you to help my friend and I return back to our universe.”

Celestia and Luna looked at each other confused then looked back at Twilight and Trixie, they huddled in a small circle to discuss amongst themselves. “Tia, should we believe these two about their tall tales of parallel and alternate universes?”

“After all of the events that have happened today, involving Princess Platinum, Clover the Clever, and Starswirl the Bearded, we need to return these two back to their world. Can’t have anymore things getting out of hand,” Celestia spoke silently to her sister and nodded her head, they turned around to the two mares.

“We have decided to return you two back to your universe. Both of you have to promise not to alter anything else, are we clear?” Luna’s stoic gaze met their eyes as they agreed to the request, standing next to each other.

“We’re clear, Luna.” Twilight leaned her wither against Trixie’s back, she watched the dark clouds cover the entire sky above them giving the eerie feeling that sent chills down their spines.

A loud rumbling sound of lightning and thunder echoed throughout the land, Celestia and Luna’s horns started the glow with the sizzling of sparkles circulated around their horns aimed at Twilight and Trixie as they smiled nervously, they felt lighter when their bodies floated in the air. Their pupils were aglow in a milky, white color when the arcane symbols formed on the grass where Luna and Celestia stood, a circle formed and two sides of the circle were colored differently in two shades of indigo and white.

The magic started to surge through their bodies as the mixed combination of Celestia’s golden aura and Luna’s dark blue aura intertwined with each other, swirling around Twilight and Trixie floating in the air. Lightning shot out of the dark clouds, its electric energy sent both mares spiraling through the open portal as the aura rotated around them. Celestia and Luna’s magic dissipated as the dark clouds were cleared out of the sky, the arcane symbols and circle faded away.

“That is the last time we help complete strangers,” Luna laid on the grass, her slow, deep breaths coming out of her mouth.

“Ditto to that,” Celestia sighed as she laid near her sister.


[/hr]

The portal sent Twilight and Trixie through a celestial plane into their own universe, spitting them out onto the library floor.

“Finally, we’re home!” Twilight kissed the wooden floor, her body filled with excitement and relief.

“So I guess that I’m off the hook, huh?” Trixie bursts into a fit of laughter, Twilight lowered her brow and glared at her with a long stare.

“Not by a long shot. I should throw you out of here for this, but I’ll take pity on you since I got to meet historical ponies from the past. I did fly you a lot so, massage my wings for me please.” Twilight stretched out her aching wings, snapping a few bones in her wings, and plopped down on the floor.

“Argh, fine.” Trixie walked along Twilight’s wings, pressed her hooves against her wings and massaged her delicate feathers.

“We should go on adventures more often,” Trixie smiled sincerely.

“Never again,” Twilight said, her voice muffled from her face down on the floor.

“Pretty please?” Trixie whimpered, ears flopped down on the side of her head and her lip quivered.

“Fine… but no more time travel.” Twilight groaned as she felt her bones slightly crack from Trixie’s hooves pressed against her wings.

“You have my word,” Trixie shot out a blast directly at the Starswirl book, setting the book ablaze as the smoke started to rise from the flames that engulfed the book and Twilight's nostrils picked up the smell.

“Fire!” Twilight bounced Trixie off her back, hurling her out the door.

She grabbed a bucket from the kitchen, filled it up to the top, and poured the water on the book. Smoke faded away from the smoldering remains of the book and scattered ashes surrounded the remains, Twilight dropped to her knees and yelled up to the ceiling. “Trixie!”

Trixie galloped away from the library to escape Twilight’s wrath.

THE END!

Author's Note:

Sorry to end this so abruptly, I decided to combine the two chapters and show that I appreciate all of your support behind this story.

Tips, constructive criticism, feedback, and your overall thoughts on the story as well as the ending are appreciated!

See ya next time!

Note: Withers is another word for shoulders.

Comments ( 6 )
Sci

Nice ending, loved the story.:pinkiesad2:

4868372 Thanks, Sci! :twilightsmile: Sorry that it had to end though.

Dat final! I love this Troll Trixie in the final. I can only imagine you writing a Twixie Fanfic... Hehe, you know, I not asking nothing... I swear!
media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4vhrizVNc1qj3ir1.gif
I really love it sister, keep with this work! :moustache: :pinkiesad2: :yay:

4870210 Sadly, romance is not my strong point, so maybe I might try it. Thank you, big sis! :raritywink:

If Princess Platinum, Starswirl the Bearded, and Clover the Clever were voiced, what would they sound like?

Login or register to comment