• Published 8th Apr 2012
  • 492 Views, 25 Comments

The Mansion (Revised Edition) - papafrap



The Mane Six are abducted by somepony, and they are forced to play a twisted game of 'survival'.

  • ...
7
 25
 492
This story has been marked as having adult content. Please click below to confirm you are of legal age to view adult material in your country.

Confirm
Comments ( 9 )

Hey everypony. It's been a while since I've worked on this piece, but I decided to go over it and revise it. All the chapter have been updated for more flow and character development.

Oh, and also, I decided to only add stories to fimfiction.net after I've posted/edited them on fanfiction.net. I want to give you guys the best quality writing possible on the first try here.

I just read the description and all I have to ask is "Is this an amnesia the dark descent kind of thing or what?":rainbowhuh:

902787

Well, I've gotten a lot of comments asking me if this was based on Amnesia. The answer is no. I've never played Amnesia before, although I have seen snippets of it on Youtube.

Oh yes, I just read the first chapter and I can tell this is not based on Amnesia, but it is still pretty scary for whoever would be in that situation.

So the one that kills all the others is the one that escapes?:rainbowhuh:

I'm having a really hard time trying to follow what Celestia is saying.

903110

Well the purpose of the last chapter is to allow the story to be open ended and for the reader to make their own interpretations. If you're asking what I believe...
One day Celestia asked Twilight Sparkle if she was ready to become a princess, but to do so she had to take a test. This test, called the Mansion, is how Celestia determines who is and is not strong enough to become the new ruler of the land. The test is intended for those who take it to overcome their own weaknesses, or 'monsters' inside of them. Twilight fell to her own 'monster', the secret insanity, which her friends help her overcome in the canon series (Lesson Zero). And so, because of another failure, Celestia will continue raise and gather potential candidates like Twilight by sending them away to learn about the 'magic of friendship' until she can find a new heir to the throne.
Twilight could have easily passed the test if the mane-six decided to work together instead of fighting each other. In the end, Celestia was disappointed because of her high hopes that somepony would finally pass the test. Of course, this places the legitimacy of Twilight's friendship in question. Did the mane-six just become friends in the canon series due to the necessity of saving the world? Would they otherwise have become friends if placed outside of this situation (like the story)?
Then again, the inscription that Luna reads 'the Mansion feeds the monster inside us all' suggests that the Mansion may be nothing more than a bloody battlefield where ponies slaughter each other for Celestia's entertainment. Thus, the 'monster' in that passage would be Celestia's bloodthirst.

...

:pinkiecrazy:

903420... Oh... well thank you for the info.:pinkiehappy:

SEASON 3 SPOILER (still relevant to the story, though)
Season 3
Twilight Sparkle has to take a test, and she's not prepared?

Login or register to comment