• Published 6th Apr 2012
  • 2,311 Views, 6 Comments

Embrace Your Own Darkness - RainbowDangerDash97



Big sister, do you remember the times you were Tia, and I was Luna? Those days are over.

  • ...
2
 6
 2,311

Dark Side of The Moon

Embrace Your Own Darkness

Chapter 1: Dark Side of the Moon



It was mid-day, a beautiful afternoon - the sun shining magnificently over the happy pony folk in Equestria, and the breeze brushing mildly against their cheeks. Day. That was the time that a certain alicorn filly hated most.

"Everypony sleeps at night! They mock it, they hate it - some little fillies are even afraid of it!"

A small pale-blue filly lay on the ground, with a chalk in her mouth, drawing what looked like a banana, but what was really a crescent moon - like her cutie mark. She was quite used to talking to herself, and expressing her feelings with a chalk - due to the lack of time her big sister, Celestia, took to spend with her.

"Luna!" Celestia called, from the next room.

Luna gazed upon her sister's flowing pastel mane, tall slender body, and beautiful kindly eyes, as the alicorn entered the room. Celestia smiled at her, and said, "Somepony wants to see you."

Luna smiled back, though she was rather hurt inside. She waited for her sister to step aside, before leaving her room, and entering the main hall.

The pony expecting her was - a filly! She was white all over, but with frizzy blue hair. Her flank was blank, and bore no cutie mark. She was rather excited, as one could see in her golden eyes, but at the same time, she was naturally shy around other ponies, and all she could mutter, was, "H-Hello, Princess."

Princess Luna was amazed. "Celestia?" she asked, the shock tying her tongue.

"Have fun!" That was Celestia's final words, as she returned to her own room.

Luna literally gave herself a facepalm. Celestia - sent her a filly?! It could've at least been the mailmare with wall eyes. She made up her mind to talk to her big sister after this playdate, but right now - she just had to play along.

"Hello," the filly introduced, her shy personality getting the better of her. "My name is -- Alice Wonder."

Alice Wonder? What kind of name was that? Luna rolled her eyes and said, "Pleasure, Alice Wonder. My name is Luna, Princess of the Night."

Alice smiled and, almost contrary to her herself, cried out, "Let's play, Luna!"

Hours and hours passed, and as they did, Alice was busy keeping Luna company, the fortunate favored of Celestia.

----

It was later that day, when Luna caught up to Celestia. At first, she wanted to lash out her anger to her big sister, but she decided to keep cool, and approached her differently.

"Did you have fun, Luna?" Celestia asked.

Luna would've very much liked to scream out 'No', but she didn't want to hurt her sister's feelings. "Of course, Tia," Luna said, smiling pleasantly.

Celestia smiled back. "It's settled then," she announced. "I'll arrange for you two to have a playdate each day, same time, how would you like that, Luna?"

Luna's eyes shot up wide. Every day?! What was Celestia thinking?! She groaned, "Thank you, big sister."

"Ah, you were always such a dear," Celestia smiled.

Luna bit her lower lip, and flew away, hoping to get some free time. But there wasn't much time to think, and ponder over her sister's decisions, for almost at once, Celestia called out to her. "Luna! Bath-time!"

Bath-time? Luna went to Celestia, her wings folded back, and head dropped low.

Celestia picked up the little filly with her magic, and dropped her into a polished classy bath, filled to the brim with water, soap, and bubbles.

Luna was surprised. "Tia! I can bathe myself!"

"Aww...acting all grown-up," Celestia chuckled lightly. "You should just act your age, Luna - be yourself."

Celestia dropped rubber duckies, pink elephants and steamboats into Luna's bath-tub one by one. And after that, she picked up a sponge, squeezed out most of the water in it, and added soap - all with her magical horn. She started dabbing Luna with it, and she was nearly smothered - and nearly drowned underwater - and again, nearly died of drinking too much soap and shampoo.

Very soon, Luna's mane and coat were shining. She stepped out, indignantly.

"A-a-a! Bed time, Luna," Celestia scolded, as she dragged her sister with her horn into her own four-poster bed, as the filly tried her best to scramble away.

Luna was dumped onto her bed, and pushed under the cover. If it was anypony else, not so enduring as Luna, they would've screamed for filly/colt abuse. But Luna didn't.

"Do you want a bed-time story?" Celestia asked.

Luna gulped, and said, "No thank you, I really --"

"Oh, don't be silly," Celestia laughed. She opened a big book of fairytales, and read out her favourite one when SHE was a filly.

"Beddy-byes, Luna," Celestia said, when the story finished. She threw a spider plushie on Luna's bed, before walking away, switching off the light with her magic.

------

"Hey, Woona!" It was Alice Wonder, returning, with a suitcase full of teddie bears and tea-party cups.

Luna rolled her eyes, and for the sake of her sister, greeted her "friend" warmly.

Suddenly, a slim short pony caught up to them. His name was Gabby Gums, from which the Cutie Mark Crusaders got the name, when THEY decided to do his business.

Hiding behind a wall, he was already snapping photos like a professional.

When playtime was over, and Alice had left, Luna opened up a newspaper - and saw an entry about herself! "Princess Luna or Princess Peach?" she read out. "They....saw this?"

She was about to burst out crying - but not in embarrassment or shame OR sorrow - but of anger.

She clenched her teeth and marched up to her big sister.

"How could you humiliate me like that, big sister?" Luna cried out. "I thought you cared about me."

"Oh, Luna," Celestia chuckled. "If I didn't care about you, why would I make sure you weren't bored --"

Luna shook her head, unleashing her wrath upon her sister. "I'm not a baby, Tia!" she screamed, her tears stinging her eyes bitterly.

Celestia looked shocked. She had never seen Luna sad before, neither had she seen her shout. "I know, Luna, but --" she replied.

Luna, once more, interrupted, fiercely, "I don't care! I'm a Princess too! I rule alongside you - even if you're the bigger sister!"

"You're getting the wrong idea, Luna," Celestia said, lightly, as if she didn't know her own sister was deeply hurt. "I do love you - and I do acknowledge you're a Princess too. But you're only young, and you shouldn't throw away your own fillyhood trying to act older and securer."

"I'm not a filly!" Luna screamed. Suddenly, there were many flashes of lightning, and thunder rolled. A strange expression came over her, and Luna gasped, as she clung on to a nearby pillar in horror and shock. "Tia, what's happening to me?"

Celestia suddenly became very serious. "Luna!" she cried out, reaching out her hoof. "I'll save you!"

Luna's cries of agony - for help, were soon drowned in the howling of winds wrapped firmly in a tornado.

A fear overcame Celestia, as she stared on, a tint of sadness in her eyes.

Her sister, her sweet innocent sister - was now a monster. Changing before her eyes, the filly grew taller, and she was now wearing armour. Her mane turned misty and starry, and flowed upwards. Her eyes were fixed in a furious glare, and she growled continuously. She no longer called for help, but rather invoked the mighty name of Celestia - upon Celestia.

Celestia grew pale, as she saw her sister in this state. "Luna! Do you hear me?" That was all she could say.

The alicorn shook her head. "Luna is dead. I am NightMare Moon! I'm sick of the sun. I'm sick of everypony disrespecting the night! I shall make it eternal night - FOREVER!!!" She followed up with an evil villainess laugh.

Celestia stared in horror, before remembering - there was only one way.

"I'm sorry, Luna! Remember me on the moon!"

Comments ( 6 )

Ahh, great story as always...

5/5

Great story but The final Sentence was kind of bitch like for Celestia to say. other than that 5/5

no thumbs down?

not a suprise :pinkiehappy: watched, faved, thumbs uped :pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy:

that was rlly good.

418455

Wow - thank you all! I love you guys so much :heart:

Don't take it personally, I mean, it just doesn't seem....legit. I mean, Celestia was treating Luna as if she was no more than a foal, and the "I'm Sorry, Remember me on the moon!" thing was just...what...the buck? :rainbowhuh:

The alicorn shook her head. "Luna is dead. I am NightMare Moon! I'm sick of the sun. I'm sick of everypony disrespecting the night! I shall make it eternal night - FOREVER!!!" She followed up with an evil villainess laugh.

The M in Nightmare is not supposed to be capitalized.

Login or register to comment