• Published 25th Oct 2011
  • 3,661 Views, 131 Comments

Mistaken Arrival - SureFreeD



Two Us Marines are confused when they find themselves in Equestira, Ponyville

  • ...
13
 131
 3,661

Chapter 7

Chapter 7

As Anderson and Twilight were walking down the path, he noticed that she was looking at him. “Everything alright?” asked Anderson as staring into the pony’s eyes.

Twilight looked away. “I’m fine, just a bit chilly” a little smile appeared on her face, Twilight raised her head and looked at the marine. “So, why did you join the...”

“Military?”

“Yeah, why did join it?” she asked with a raised eyebrow. “Because, there wasn’t a way around it, when I was child-“Anderson was interrupted by a rumbling coming from the bushes.

A creature jumped out, it had the body of a lion, a scorpion's tail, and a pair of wings. It opened its’ mouth showing the shark-like rows of sharp teeth. “What the hell is that thing?” Anderson stated before pulling out his M9 from its holster, turning off the safety and pointing it right at the monster’s face. “T-that’s a manitcore, it’s extremely dangerous and rare” Twilight stood behind Anderson, trembling at his feet. “Alright, is it a man eater?” he asked without looking away “More of a pony eater”

“Hey what the hell are you doing with that pony- holy shit, what is that thing?!” another marine stepped beside Anderson, picking up his Scar-H and pointing it at the manticore’s face. “Is it dangerous?” the marine asked. The manticore took a step forward with a thud, and then made a trumped like roar. “I guess it is” Anderson stated. “Alright, we’re taking it down” Twilight heard this, before shouting out for not to kill it, a series of loud bangs exploded near her ears. She squeaked and curled up to a ball. It only lasted a few seconds before the noise died down, so did the manticore, it’s lifeless body fell to the ground with a fleshy thud, it had several holes in its body, blood trailed down the grass.

Twilight saw it, it was dead; she took a few steps back ready to run from the marines. As she was walking backwards she stumbled on a rock and fell. She opened her eyes, only to see that Anderson was handing out his hand, she placed her hoof on it, and Anderson closed his hand, lifting Twilight up. She accidently bumped her head into his chest, it was warm, and she could feel his heartbeat.

She wrapped her front hooves around his thigh, only to be picked up, he was strong, he lifted her and set Twilight on the ground, she looked away, she blushed, and her cheeks hot red. “I uh, sorry for that” Twilight lowered her head down in embarrassment.

“Come on, we should get to the library soon, its late” Twilight stated as turning around and continuing walking.

They approached a small town, ridiculous amount of color, no one was outside, Twilight and Anderson approached a big tree. “Here it is the library” Twilight stated as walking to the door and opening it with magic. “Come in” the doorway was too small for him, so he crouched and entered.

It was the inside of a tree, carved out into a library, there were so many books lying around bookshelves. It was warm, a homely feeling ran through him. Anderson looked around his surroundings.

“Wow, nice place Twilight!” he smiled, Twilight was ruffling through a little brown box, but she came out with nothing. “Here have a seat” she pointed her hoof to a couch; Anderson sat down, only to stand up again.

“Private come here!” the general shouted from outside. Anderson stepped out only to see a few marines in woodland ghillie suits that fit the grass perfectly.

“Here put this on and take this, I need you to go up on that hill, you’re over watch for this night.” The general handed him a woodland ghillie suit and all that comes with it, a M21 semi-auto sniper rifle and a few magazines. Anderson sighed and turned back to the tree house only to see Twilight standing in the doorway. “So, you won’t be able to stay would you” she let out a soft sigh and walked back in closing the door behind her.

He took off his helmet and dropped it down in a box full of military accessories; he put on his ghillie suit and cocked the sniper rifle.

Anderson walked to the little hill and set himself up; he laid down into a prone position and aimed through the sniper’s scope. He looked over the tree house; the windows were lit, warm and cozy inside. He moved his scope to the right only to be blinded by an orange color. He dropped the sniper and looked up, it was Scootaloo, smiling. “Hey, what are you doing?” she asked him quietly. “Isn’t it late for a little pony like you?” Anderson smiled at the pony “Wait you are a pony and have wings?” he asked looking at the little wings. “Yep, I’m a Pegasus pony, means I can fly!” Scootaloo sprang her wings wide open, they were still small, but a cute sight, she folded them into her sides “I was kinda bored, I saw you walk over here, can I sit next to you?” she asked him, still the little smile on her face. “Okay, come here” Scootaloo walked over Anderson’s left shoulder and lay down; she rested her head on his shoulder.

Anderson was tired, he thought he was going to have a good night sleep over Twilight’s, but that was wrong, he was stationed as an over watch sniper, but what for, the Afghans couldn’t be here in Equestria, could they?

He yawned and looked at Scootaloo, she was sleeping “Aww” he brushed her mane with his hand. His lids slipped shut, Anderson fell asleep, and he knew that it was dangerous to leave a loaded weapon near a young pony, but he couldn’t do anything about it, exhausted, he couldn’t help it. He fell asleep.

He dreamed.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“Get up Private Anderson, get in line and support those marines, GO!” Anderson stood up picking up a ‘SAW’ light machine gun and slid down the dirt. He began shooting at a random direction, he couldn’t see the enemies, “Friendly fire, friendly fire!” a marine shouted out, telling him to cease. “Oh shit, he’s dead!” another marine called out from behind, Anderson dropped the machine gun. _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

He woke up with a gasp, sweat running down his forehead, he looked over Scootaloo, which was still sleeping quietly, he sighed and began scanning the area with his M21.