• Published 25th Oct 2011
  • 3,661 Views, 131 Comments

Mistaken Arrival - SureFreeD



Two Us Marines are confused when they find themselves in Equestira, Ponyville

  • ...
13
 131
 3,661

Turning back

Chapter 4: Turning back

The sound from the rotor blades cutting through the air, the Marines looking back at the battlefield, it was over, they had won a battle, but what about the strange encounter with ponies, the Sargent took a flashback in his mind, remembering the creatures, he stood up walking up to the pilot.

"I need you to go back, we've discovered something" the Sargent looked at the pilot.

"What for, any particular reason?" the pilot questioned.

"We made a discovery, a big one" the Sargent spoke remembering the ponies.

"Okay, we're turning back, ETA around 10 minutes till we land again" the pilot said without looking at him.
They were now traveling back, passing over the dead battlefield, and into the green fields.
The other marines held their mouths half open, seeing the greenery near a desert was incredible.
They shared looks with each other, and then the helicopter landed on the grass, only to be greeted by a small pony with a orange coat and a purple mane.

"Hey, hi I'm Scootaloo and what's your name, more like what are you?"
She was playful, still a child.

The Marines looked at her, smiling at the cute sight of a filly.

The Sargent and the filly made eye contact, they looked at each other, deep inside the filly's purple eyes, he saw flashbacks, flashbacks of his family and children, playing around-
He shook his head and broke eye contact with the little pony.
He let out a soft sigh and lowered his head again.

She smiled, the smile from a little pony made him happy, he smiled back.

"Well, I guess I should be goin' back to Dash, see ya'!"
With that, the little orange pony went off.

"Ain't she cute?" the sarge thought to himself, picturing the orange filly.

"Alright men, listen up!" a strong voice came from the helicopter, it was the general.
:"This isn't a meet and greet session, these creatures can cause any kind of threat!"
He continued on.
"If we let our guard down, it could end up like last time, SO, I want you to be on alert and don't let any feelings for the ponies to go through, remember, we are marines, they are ponies, we have weapons, the have..."

"Magic!"
A female voice came from behind them.
A purple unicorn with a purple and red lined mane.

They all turned their attention to her, she was smiling.

The young Marine and the purple unicorn locked themselves in a gaze between their eyes.
Barely blinking.

Twilight broke eye contact with him and blushed slightly, no one can see her redness.
She lowered her head clearing her throat.

"So, um, why did you come to Equestria?"
She spoke, asking someone and waiting for a answer.