• Published 25th Oct 2011
  • 3,661 Views, 131 Comments

Mistaken Arrival - SureFreeD



Two Us Marines are confused when they find themselves in Equestira, Ponyville

  • ...
13
 131
 3,661

Chapter 6

Chapter 6

“Now you be a good pony, and explain everything to us, or things will get real harsh” the commander spat, looking at the purple pony with disgust.

“Uh, um, y-you-“ the pony stuttered in fear, the creature in front of her was large, she was simply at his mercy, looking up to him trying to figure out what to say.

“Hey, you shouldn’t be that bad with the pony!” the young soldier spoke from the back. The general turned around looking at his eyes, he proceeded towards him.

“Well look at this, Private Don’t harm the pony, what you think this is, a walking expedition or what?” The general was angry with him; he shifted his eyes left and looked back at the young marine.

“Now be quiet, another word from you, I’m going to send your ass back where it came from!” the general spat at the floor and turning back to the pony.

“You going to tell us where we are, or I’m going to force you” he was breathing on the pony’s face, she coughed, it smelled like cigarettes and bad breath, she turned away her head, avoiding the smell.

“You’re in E-Equestria” the pony spoke in fear. She looked at the young marine again, only to see him sat down on the grass. She sighed.

What were they doing here, they won and there was nothing to do except going back to base, the marines didn’t seem too enthusiastic about meeting and talking to the ponies. They were tired and hungry, most of them letting their guard down by snoozing for a few seconds.

The general sighed and looked at the soldiers, “Okay men, you can go around and try to communicate with these, creatures” with that, the general walked off to the helicopter.

The marines walked past Twilight without even taking a glimpse at her, only the young marine was there, sat on the grass his face buried between his legs and arms. She quietly walked over him and noticed that he was sobbing. “Hey, are you okay?” she asked him putting her hoof on his shoulder. He raised his head, tears pouring down his cheeks his eyes blood shod from crying.

“My name is Twilight Sparkle, what’s yours?” she asked him with a fake smile, Twilight knew he was sad, but why. “My name is Private Anderson” he stopped sobbing and stood up, Twilight’s hoof slid off his shoulder. Anderson wiped his tears with his arm.

“Nice to meet you Twilight, I hope we’re going to be good friends.” Twilight never thought having another creature that can talk, most of the Everfree Forest monsters were vile and didn’t speak. She saw this as an opportunity to study their species, how they live, multiply, are they intelligent, Twilight was always into this when meeting something or someone new. “So may I ask what species are you?” she asked with a smile, it warmed the marine’s heart and couldn’t resist smiling back. “We are humans, mostly locked in a constant war between each other, like now” he lowered his head and looked away. “What kind of war?” she looked at him straight in the eyes, expecting a simple answer. “War, war never changes, since our ancestors, millions and millions of years back, discovered the killing power of rock and bone. They were driven into murdering each other, for money, lust and revenge, after years of technology and weaponry passed, the death toll was even larger. New firearms were created, killing a man in seconds if not minutes, simple torturing with gas, millions died, if humans were not reproducing, the planet would’ve be long gone, still upon the uncountable deaths, war still continued, it never stopped, it won’t stop. Truth is, the game was rigged from the start” he sat again, looking at Twilight.

She looked at him with a puzzled look, trying to process what he just said, her heart sank as she understood, and she lowered her body and squeaked. “T-that’s horrible, how could you live like this?!”

“That’s just the cycle of life, you meet people, you love people, and you kill people” he answered, still looking into Twilight’s gaze. “Y-you mean, you killed some of your own species?!”

He nodded.

Twilight was imagining killing one of her friends; she shook her head violently and stepped in front of the marine whose face was buried again. “Hey, you don’t need to worry, it’s going to be fine, Equestria is a peaceful land” Twilight patted Anderson on his shoulder, he rose his head looking into her deep purple eyes. They locked themselves for a few minutes, time passed by as they sat there, looking at each other, and not breaking eye contact.

Twilight shifted herself near the marine almost touching shoulders, she smiled, and he smiled back. It was warm, not from the sun, somewhere from inside.

“Alright men listen up, we can’t stay here through the night, we need shelter, in half an hour, we will go into a place called ‘Ponyville’, maybe the residents there would have somewhere for us to stay.” The general spoke to the marines.

“Why don’t we just go back home?” a marine called out.

“We can’t, the desert is too dark for travelling, so we stay here for tonight and figure things out in the morning” the general stated as he started walking down by a path that leads into the town.

“Wow, looks like you’re staying in Ponyville after all!” Twilight gave Anderson a big warm smile that pleased him.

“Come on, I want you to meet my friends, they’re in town sleeping, it’s kind of late so let’s go!” Twilight was enthusiastic about inviting a new friend over.

The marines and pony walked down the path.