• Published 25th Jun 2014
  • 1,660 Views, 39 Comments

The Truth Behind a Miracle - blackrosedarkness



The ongoing adventures of Loving Miracle as she finds the answers to her life.

  • ...
7
 39
 1,660

Chapter 2

Loving Miracle sprinted down the path that led from the cottage back to town. The young filly's mind was occupied by one thing and one thing only, get help. Tears streaked Loving Miracle's face as she ran into town, her vision becoming blurry. It was then that Loving Miracle came face to face with a pile of lavender fur. Miracle picked herself up and stared into the face of Princess Twilight Sparkle. The filly was relieved to see her mother's friend staring back at her, "Twilight! You need to help Mommy! She's hurt, really bad!"

Twilight didn't say a word as she grabbed the filly and teleported to the cottage, blasting the door open as she took in the scene. She ran to her unconscious friend, "She's still alive, but barely."

Twilight looked at the scared filly in the entryway, "What happened?"

Loving Miracle shook her head trying to speak through her tears, "I-I don't know. I just got home. From Bon Bon's house... And there she was... I-Is she going to be okay Twilight?"

Twilight grabbed Fluttershy and placed the pegasus on her back, "I think so. We need to get her to the hospital though. Come on, I'm going to try teleporting us."

In a bright pink flash, the trio was in the emergency room of Ponyville Hospital. Nurse Redheart quickly rushed over, spotting the princess and her injured friend. Twilight turned to the nurse, "Please, help her."

Nurse Redheart nodded, "Don't worry, Princess. She's in good hooves here."

Fluttershy was quickly transferred to a stretcher and wheeled down a hallway. Loving Miracle attempted to follow but was stopped by Nurse Redheart, "Whoa, sweetie. You can't go back there right now."

Loving Miracle's eyes began to tear up again, "But. But, Mommy. I need to see Mommy."

Nurse Redheart gave the filly a quick hug before getting back up, "I know, but we're going to help her. And it will be kind of difficult to help her with a filly in the way. I promise you'll be able to see your mommy just as soon as we're done. Okay?"

Loving Miracle sniffled before nodding, "Okay."

Nurse Redheart smiled before running back down the hallway to catch up with the others. Loving Miracle turned around and ran back to Twilight. The little filly broke down crying in Twilight's outstretched forelegs.

It was hours later, as the sun began to set and Luna began to raise the moon. Twilight was sitting in the hospital's waiting room, a wing draped over Loving Miracle, who had fallen asleep after her crying subsided. Twilight stared out the window, watching as the sun began to disappear behind the mountains. Her brain was a jumbled mess of thoughts. What happened to Fluttershy? Who would do this to such a kind mare? Were they looking for something? Twilight looked down at the filly next to her. Does this have something to do with her? Twilight sighed and went back to staring out the window until a voice interrupted her thoughts, "Princess?"

Twilight looked towards the sound of the voice, spotting Nurse Redheart. The alicorn smiled, "Oh, hello Nurse Redheart. You can just call me Twilight you know."

Nurse Redheart nodded, "Okay, Twilight. Well, I have some news about Fluttershy."

Twilight stood up, careful to not wake Loving Miracle, "Really? What is it? Is she okay?"

Nurse Redheart sighed, "The mare is expected to make a full recovery, but..."

Twilight's face showed signs of worry, "What? What happened?"

Nurse Redheart looked directly at Twilight. This wasn't the first time the mare had to deliver bad news, "Her wings were severely damaged. Many of the bones in her left wing are fractured or broken completely, and her right wing isn't much better. We're going to see what we can do, it might take a lot of therapy and more hospital visits, but I can't guarantee that she will ever fly again."

Twilight gasped in shock. While it was true that Fluttershy preferred the ground to the air, that didn't mean she never used her wings. She used them around her house constantly, getting up to higher shelves or helping injured birds learn to fly again. How would Fluttershy take the news? How would Miracle? Twilight looked back at the sleeping filly, she was beginning to stir now that she sensed that Twilight had got up. Twilight sighed and looked back to Nurse Redheart, "Will we be able to see Fluttershy soon?"

Nurse Redheart nodded, "She's asleep at the moment, but she should wake up soon. I can take you to her."

Twilight smiled, "Thank you, Nurse Redheat. Just let me get Loving Miracle."

Twilight walked back over to the filly, gently nudging her with a wing, "Miracle, you need to get up. We're going to see your mom now, okay?"

Loving Miracle yawned and rubbed her eyes, "Does that mean Mommy's okay?"

Twilight nodded, "She's going to be fine, but she's probably in a lot of pain right now and she's very tired. So you can't be jumping around in there, okay?"

Loving Miracle nodded as she slid off the chair and began to follow Nurse Redheart down the hallway. The duo followed the nurse down to a simple hospital room. Nurse Redheart pushed the door open, allowing the other ponies inside. The only noise in the room was the steady beeping of the heart monitor in the room, and lying on the bed was Fluttershy. The mare was sleeping peacefully, but her body was covered in all sorts of bandages, her wings were bandaged to her side.

Twilight just nodded silently. She walked up to the bed, Loving Miracle following close behind. Fluttershy began to stir, her eyes blinking a few times before focusing on her surroundings. The pegasus groaned as the feeling of pain came flooding back, she looked around once more, spotting Twilight next to her bed, "Twilight? What happened? Is Loving Miracle okay?"

Loving Miracle ran up to the bed, "I'm right here Mommy! Here I am! Are you okay?"

Fluttershy looked down at her daughter stretching out a hoof to stroke her mane, "I'm fine, Miracle. I love you."

Loving Miracle smiled, "I love you too, Mommy."

Fluttershy smiled at her daughter, "Hey, Miracle? Could you and Nurse Redheart go out in the hall so I can talk to Twilight?"

Fluttershy looked back at the nurse, "Oh, you don't mind watching her, do you?"

Nurse Redheart smiled and shook her head, "Not at all miss. Come along, Miracle."

Loving Miracle followed the nurse out of the room as the door clicked shut behind them. Fluttershy let her mask of calm slip as she turned back to Twilight, "Twilight, you have to get her out of here. Whoever attacked me, they were looking for Miracle."

Fluttershy began to cry as she continued, "They kept shouting at me as they beat me. "Where is she?" "What did you do with her?" "We know she's here." It was horrible. They said they were taking her back to the hive. Oh, Twilight! You need to help her! Don't let them take her away!"

Twilight hugged her friend, careful to avoid causing pain, "It's okay, Fluttershy. We'll figure this out and we will keep Loving Miracle safe. Nothing will happen to her. Now who did this to you?"

Fluttershy began to hyperventilate as her sobbing continued, "I don't know! Some group of changelings! They came in disguised as you and Pinkie Pie and started tearing everything apart! I don't know what to do, Twilight. I'm terrified for my little Miracle."

Twilight carefully stroked her friend's mane in an attempt to calm her, "I know, but were going to find them, Fluttershy. And they will pay."

The friends were suddenly interrupted by a scream coming from the hallway. Fluttershy jumped up, "Miracle!"

Twilight put a hoof in front of her friend, "Fluttershy, stay here. You're too injured and you could probably hurt yourself more. I'll get her."

And with that, Twilight bolted out of the room. She looked around only to hear a scream from further down the hall. Twilight began to sprint down the hallway in pursuit, using her wings to try and gain some speed with her horn lit and prepared to strike, "Don't worry, Miracle! I'm coming!"

Back in the room, Fluttershy continued to worry. They had found her, they had found Miracle, and now they were taking her away. Fluttershy didn't care about her injuries, her daughter was in danger and she had to do something about it. The pegasus began to climb out of the bed, un-hooking herself from the various machines and monitors and making her way to the door, which was flung open by Nurse Redheart. Fluttershy continued walking, "I'm sorry nurse, but my daughter is in trouble and I need to help her."

Nurse Redheart grabbed the pegasus in a green aura, throwing her against the wall, "I'm sorry, but your 'daughter' is going back to the hive."

Fluttershy began to violently thrash against the magic holding her, landing a kick to the fake nurse's head, giving Fluttershy a means of escape. The mare quickly galloped out the door, spotting the real Nurse Redheart unconscious on the floor. Fluttershy continued down the hallway as the fake nurse rose off the ground, dropping her disguise, "The pegasus is on the run."

Loving Miracle was fighting against a magical green aura, screaming as loud as she could. The changeling carrying her smirked, "Not a problem. I'm almost out with the foal and there are no signs of -- ah!"

The changeling was blasted in the side by a bolt of pink energy. Loving Miracle screamed in delight, "Twilight!"

The purple alicorn continued her charge, firing another bolt at the changeling's horn, causing him to drop Miracle as Twilight grabbed the filly in her own, "Come on, Miracle. We're getting out of here."

Twilight placed Loving Miracle on her back before sprinting down the hallway. Loving Miracle clutched the alicorn for safety as the pair sped towards the doors only to be stopped by a group of changelings blocking the door. Twilight's horn fired again, ready to defend her friend. One of the changelings shouted to the group, "Take out the alicorn! Make sure the foal is unharmed!"

Meanwhile, Fluttershy was running as fast as her legs could carry her, past her pain and straight toward the sound of her daughter's voice. Hearing Loving Miracle scream in pure fear like that, it crushed her heart. The thought of losing her little Miracle brought out a motherly instinct to protect her child, turning the shy, pacifistic pegasus into a terrifying creature of destruction. Another scream of terror erupted throughout the halls, "Mommy!"

Twilight Sparkle and Loving Miracle found themselves surrounded by a group of changelings, horns glowing and ready to fire. Loving Miracle began to whimper, tears blurring the edge of her vision, in sheer terror she shouted for the one pony she wanted right now, "Mommy!"

The firing began quickly, bolts of green energy met bolts of pink in quick succession, sending changelings flying and testing a princess' limit. Twilight continued to disable changelings while Miracle cowered. The small changeling continued to try lighting her horn, to try and help her friend, but to no avail. The poor changeling was unable to focus her energy in her moment of terror. Miracle watched on as the group's members began to fall and watched as a bolt was fired straight at Twilight's back. The filly jumped up to protect her protector, "Twilight!"

Everything seemed to happen in a blur, Loving Miracle was hit by the blast and slid across the room, Twilight gasped in shock, the changelings stared in awe, and the changeling who fired the blast found his skull crushed by a pale yellow hoof. Fluttershy glared at the remaining changelings blocking the exit, a look even more frightening than 'the stare' because this stare was filled with nothing but rage. The changeling that appeared to be the leader grit his teeth in annoyance, he looked at how many of his soldiers had fallen and the angry mares before him. He called to any who were left, "Retreat for now! The filly has been injured and we are outmatched!"

The remaining changelings began to disappear in flashes of green as Fluttershy ran to her daughter, "Miracle? Are you okay? Say something, sweetie!"

Miracle opened her eyes and looked up at Fluttershy, "Mommy!"

The filly threw her forelegs around her mother's neck and began to cry, "I love you, Mommy!"

Fluttershy pulled her daughter close, "I love you too, Miracle. I'm glad you're safe."

Twilight was still attempting to comprehend the situation, she had heard that mothers would go to any length to protect their children, but the alicorn never thought she would see meek little Fluttershy smash the skull of a changeling. Also, just what was going on here? These changelings suddenly retreated when Miracle appeared to be injured and had ordered that she remained unharmed, but why?

After explaining what had happened to the hospital staff, Fluttershy was checked out and sent home. Fluttershy took the news about her broken wings rather well, she was a bit worried at first wondering how she would help her flying critters without flying, but the doctors reassured her that she still might be able to fix them, she just had to refrain from using them for a couple months. Which probably wouldn't be too hard for the pegasus, but Miracle said she would be "extra vigilant" in order to keep her mommy safe. Twilight escorted Miracle and Fluttershy back to the cottage the alicorn volunteered to stay the night with the family but Fluttershy refused, she didn't want to cause Twilight any trouble and after the day's events, the mare just wanted some time with her daughter. Twilight left the pair and began the walk back to her home, questions swirling in her head. It appeared that something from Loving Miracle's forgotten past was coming back to haunt her.

That night, Miracle had one of the strangest dreams of her life. Everything was blurry, she could see vague outlines of something... Ponies? Changelings? It was hard to tell... They were all watching her. A single word was repeated over and over, whispered among them. It sounded so strange but so familiar at the same time, "Alstroemeria."

Author's Note:

I know I've said it a lot, but I really mean it. Just thank you all. I never had any plans for this sequel and I never expected this series to be this popular. (I can call this a series now. ^v^) Thank you for your continuing support and for your lovely advice. I am nowhere near being a perfect writer and it's great that you guys are helping me out with that. Did you know this was in the featured box? When I saw that I was ecstatic! Thank you guys for making this as popular as it is, I couldn't have done it without you! No. I really couldn't. I've tried. Trust me. XD

Anyway, this is just great and I'm glad to know that you guys are still here and still reading. Chapter 3 will be out when I say so. ^v^

Until Next Time
~blackrosedarkness

Comments ( 20 )

The beginning seems to be a little rushed/robotic.
But apart from that I enjoyed it! :twilightsmile:

This was a great chapter bit I still hate you because fluttershy did not deserve anything like that to happen to her

:flutterrage: run changelings run. for the fluttershy has a new stare and this one may as well kill you

I have a feeling that Miracle is a changeling princess or something important like that.

~Crystalline Electrostatic~

Alstroemeria?
Like the plant?

4612809 What do you mean? It was the changelings that did it. Hate them :trollestia:

I really like this story. I won't lie and say it's my favorite changeling fic (that goes to Mirror Image) but it's definitely one of the better ones. I can't wait for the next chapter :twilightsmile:

Also, STUPID FLUTTERSY, LET YOUR FRIENDS PROTECT YOU!!!:fluttershyouch: Seriously, that mare's going to get herself hurt again, staying by herself so far from town. She needs protection.

Omgomgomg update update update update update

blackrosedarkness i got a question when will the next chapter come out for this sequel

4663325 I also have ADHD but is mostly hyper in my head from outside i'm pretty calm.

Is this story dead, cause it hasn't had a new chapter in a long time.:twilightblush:

5609648 i am wondering that too

Ooooohhhhh get rekt xD I imagine fluttershy right now.

"Fuck that I'm going to crush a changelings head and save my daughter.

Will there be more?

6103912 Eventually. I'm dealing with a horrible case of writer's block regarding this story..... But I haven't quit on it yet. Don't worry. :twilightsmile:

Along came the beef to accompany the broccoli cooking in teriyaki sauce.
Well marinated, tender beef.:scootangel:
The story still needs better transitions between scenes and characters though.
Little sad that the burner has been turned off and the pan was removed from the heat.
Now I am left sitting at the train station waiting for a train that may not come. With only my travel bag.

As well as my bag of raw broccoli....
*crunch**munch**munch*:trollestia:

(For everyone else that comes along later, I started a broccoli metaphor in the first chapter of the first story in the "loving miracle 'verse, and since I shotgunned the two stories, I continued the metaphor in the next story)

blackrosedarkness is this sequel over

Don't die! Why?!! Why almost all good story I found dead? Live! Rise and shine.:raritydespair:

A very interesting story and I would love to see it make a return. :)

Please don’t cancel this

Welp, now we have a Mayo and Tomato Sandwich. Not great but better than bland. Too bad it looks like it will never be finished.

Login or register to comment