• Published 29th May 2012
  • 2,107 Views, 47 Comments

A World I Wasn't Meant For - Abstract Spectrum



A short story about Octavia, and her choices as a reaction to the new generation of music.

  • ...
4
 47
 2,107

Epilogue: Right Where You Want Me To Be

Vast waves of what was now considered the greatest genre of all time spread all across Equestria. It's ear-pleasuring beats topped with harmonic hums touched the hearts and held the souls of the many who opened their ears to the music. For it was on that day, when the quakes of bass and winds of strings shook the land, made it think, made it feel, never again would the shining stars of the night that made it all happen, ever fade again. For it was from then on, they lived the high life. Or more so, the higher life. Vinyl and Octavia, the duo that brought forth the standards expected of music in the new generation, the one they'd created. Those names were to be forever remembered and embroidered in the hearts and minds of many, much like it had been on the walls of the symphony hall, where it had begun. The words Vinyl said the night of their uprising performance, became the ones that Octavia lived by.

There was something that she'd once feared, the new generation. Most can't keep up with hit, other just adjust and live on. One mare in particular couldn't keep up; she didn't want to. She loved the music she played, and she didn't want to change it. So what'd she do? She didn't adjust, but instead, laid the foundation for the new generation. Octavia was right where she wanted to be; on the top. Above all other genres, she was glad that her best friend and love was by her side at every performance. Together, they were unstoppable, inseparable. And together, they created a world they were meant for.

"Vinyl?"
"Hm?"
"Can I ask you something?"
"Anything."
Octavia nodded, swallowed and looked at the ground.
"When you came through for me on the night we first performed this... music... did you ever stop to think of... how it was exactly that we could have had such of a big impact on the world like this? I mean... it's just... music..."
Octavia looked up to see Vinyl's expression. Her eyes wide open, looking somewhat disappointed at Octavia.
"It's more than just music, Tavi." Vinyl said, placing a hoof on Octavia's shoulder. "It's what's kept not just us, but the world itself alive for years, with many still to come."
Vinyl paused, taking a deep breath.
"And I'm not talking about the money, or the fame that's kept us alive, I'm talking about the hard work, and heart we put into our songs."
Vinyl picked up Octavia's chin, lightly kissing her on the lips.
"And you... you're the biggest part of what makes it all special. What was considered the support for your life; what you did before all of this was just a world you weren't meant for. For long, anyways. What I want you to see is... you've got it good out here, Tavi. The music we make should mean more to you than just what pays the bills, it should be what keeps us together." Vinyl faded to a whisper.
Octavia kissed Vinyl while her face was next to hers. Octavia rubbed her cheek with a hoof, bringing her mouth in closer. Their heads leaned on one another's, the fireplace setting the mood for the moment.

"That's just what I wanted to hear."

Comments ( 3 )

dem epic songs
the mixed classical and dubstep songs...the're art of one of the highest forms pure, simple and memorable

I want to find that one nay sayer, and give him confetti punch:ajbemused::twilightsheepish:

now its 2 we should hunt them down and gut them like fish.


edit
u should make a sequel or something i think it would be great :)

Login or register to comment