• Published 30th Dec 2013
  • 819 Views, 74 Comments

A New Equestria book the second - ZeirMakavar



The new Equestria Colonies, a Republic state governed under Equestria. Until past secrets, aren't secrets any longer.

  • ...
0
 74
 819

8: Thoughtful Futures

Chapter 8
Thoughtful Futures

"Why yes, I did notice that the changelings here were from Chrysalis' hive. How is she in fact? I've been out of touch lately..."

"She's been arrested."

"Oh?"

"For attempting to take over throw Celestia and Luna." Discord sighed, shaking his head. "I think she's stuck with a fluffy... thing... right now. Maybe?"

"Yes Discord, they are watching over my house back in Equestria."

"Is that so Twilight?"

"Yes." Twilight nodded before turning back to Ambrosia. "Yes, Chrysalis has in fact been arrested, due to her attempt at over throwing Celestia, among other things..."

"Well, how sad." Ambrosia sighed shaking her head. "To see a fellow queen reduced to nothing more then a criminal. Oh well, she was an idiot."

"Really?"

"It says a lot about our race doesn't it?"

"Well, if Chrysi was an idiot." Discord sighed, his tail waving around as it carried the chocolate tray. "Then Celestia and Luna are even less intelligent. yeah, I'd say that makes sense."

"Discord."

"Yes Twilly?"

"Okay, don't call me that." Twilight sighed. "And though I don't mind you calling Celestia an idiot right now, due to circumstances, you do remember that Luna is the President right?"

"And you are the Vice President. So?"

"Discord..."

"I'll avoid insulting her then."

"Thank you." Twilight nodded, as she returned to looking at Ambrosia. "I'm going to assume you have a hive going somewhere around here?"

"Yes, as a matter of fact I do." Ambrosia nodded, chuckling. "Why? Would you like to know where?"

"Yes."

"I'm not going to have raids of ponies trying to destroy me am I?"

"No." Twilight said, shaking her head. "It's only for security reasons. As, I don't want ponies heading to close to a changeling hive. Now, I know Changelings feed off of love, so I'm not saying to deprive you, or the rest of your hive, of said love. What I am saying is that I wouldn't want to get into a territory...

"Twilight..."

"Yes Discord?"

"You're boring us."

"I may be boring you Discord, but this is important."

"No, you're boring me too." Ambrosia sighed yawning. "Is she always like this?"

"Yes, actually she is."

"Bonk!" Pinkie Pie randomly said, poking Ambrosia in the face. "Hi!"

"Um... hello pink one."

"I'm Pinkie Pie. I know your name is Ambrosia is your name because that's what Discord called you. Or is that just what Discord calls you?"

"It actually..."

"Well, if it is then I need to trow a Hi-Welcome-to-Ponyville-even-though-this-isn't-ponyville-party for you! Oh, can I? I like parties. I'm the party pony!"

"Let's move this inside." Twilight sighed, opening the door. "She can be... a bit much to handle."

"I can see that."

"So, what exactly is the extent of land that you own?" Twilight asked Ambrosia, after they moved into Twilight's house's study. "I'd like to know."

"It's actually not far from here." Ambrosia sighed, looking around. "A bit into the forest south of here." She chuckled, as Discord set the chocolates on the table, on top of Twilight's notes.

"Discord."

"Move them yourself Twilly."

"You put them on my notes."

"My tail was tired."

"You put them on my notes."

"Your a good Alicorn Twilight." Discord chuckled, as he took one of the chocolates. "You'll think of something."

"I'll toss them out a window."

"Okay, I'll pick them up."

"Thank you," Twilight sighed, once again returning to Ambrosia. "So, it's south of here?"

"Yes."

"Well, that went well." Applejack chuckled, as they left to find Rainbow.

"You mean despite Discord's constant interruptions, and Pinkie being Pinkie?"

"Yup."

"Oh well," Twilight sighed shaking her head. "I guess we should go and tell Rainbow the news right?"


"One cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is the first rule." A cloaked stallion said to Rainbow Dash, as she approached the cave. "You do know this right?"

"I do." Rainbow sighed looking at her hoof, the black markings evident even there. "More then anypony alive."

"Perhaps." The stallion nodded. "Yet you still seek the Teacher. Why?"

"I need answers."

"Some questions aren't meant to be answered."

"I don't care. I need answers." Rainbow repeated, sighing. "I heard that this Teacher can answer them. Can he?"

"He can." The stallion nodded. "But do you want them answered?"

"I do."

"Do you really?"

"Yes."

"Swear on the Moon."

"I swear."

"Then come with me." The stallion chuckled, turning to enter the cave. "Be warned though. The Teacher has a tendency to destroy souls. And maybe eat them as well."

"A Soul-Eater?" Rainbow Dash blinked, looking around the cave. "The oldest thing in all of reality is a Soul-Eater?"

"Ah, so you know of them eh?"

"I do."

"Almost curious as to why..."

"I refuse to tell."

"Very well." The stallion chuckled, as they began passing other path ways, each one seeming to have other cloaked ponies.

"Say, what exactly is this place." Rainbow asked, as they passed a cloaked mare. "I didn't expect it to be this large..."

"It is not for you to know." The stallion said, not looking back to her. "Yet at least."

"I don't get it."

"The name of this place is not to be spoken by us. Only by the Teacher."

"Is that so..."

"Indeed."

"Why?"

"Because that is so."

"I see..." Rainbow Dash sighed shaking her head, before looking around. "So, when can I see the Teacher?"

"In time."

"What?"

"He will come when you are ready to see him." The stallion said, before he left the room they arrived in. "Stay here until then."

"Great... waiting in a room again." Rainbow sighed, looking around. "And I don't even have books to read..."


"Are you sure?" Twilight asked Shinze, when they arrived at Umbra. "Are you sure she isn't here?"

"Look, I watched her leave." Shinze chuckled. "It was early morning."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes."

"Then where is she?"

"No idea."

"Really?"

"Look, you can't use the Princess trick on me Twilight. I don't follow any of them."

"You follow Deacon."

"Ah, so you do know."

"I'm not an idiot Shinze."

"Never said you were."

"What ever... Do you have any idea where she'd go?"

"Nope."

"Then shouldn't we go look for her?"

"Why?"

"Shinze, it's the afternoon."

"Is it?"

"Yes."

"We should probably look for her then shouldn't we..."

"You think?"


"Argh!" Rainbow Dash mumbled, as she stared at the wall. "How much longer am I going to wait."

"Such interesting markings upon your body Rainbow Dash." A voice said, with no clear owner. "It has been a long time since we last saw them."

"Who's there."

"I've had many names." The voice chuckled, still with no clear owner. "You may call me Teacher."

"It's about time you showed up then... I feel like I've been waiting for days."

"You wanted answers?"

"I do. I still do."

"One can not give answers without first hearing a question."

"You know exactly what I am going to ask."

"I do." The Teacher chuckled, as Rainbow continued looking around for him. "Though I still want to hear you ask the question."

"Why?" Rainbow then asked, sighing. "Why me? Twilight she... she's much more powerful then me, she... she'd be better at this then I am." The teacher's silence asked her to continue. "I'm selfish, I put myself before other ponies so much. I... I'm not worthy of protecting anything."

"Does the Universe give those who say they are worthy anything?"

"Well, I don't know." Rainbow blinked, confused. "Does it?"

"It gives only what we deserve." Teacher chuckled, as he walked out of a wall. "That is all Rainbow Dash. Just, what we deserve."

"So you are saying I'm meant to be what I am? I don't even understand half of what I can do!" Rainbow half yelled. "I mean, I know I can fly, I have wings. But these... things... I don't... I'm afraid."

"Of?"

"What if... What if I become like Green Hunter? Or Nightmare Moon?"

"And do you think that will happen?"

"Well... I don't know."

"The Universe, and the Moon, only give to those that are worthy of their gifts." Teacher sighed, patting Rainbow on the shoulder. "What you do with those gifts, is up to you."

"I don't even know what I was given..."

"You will, when it is needed."

"How will I know?"

"You will."

"I will?"

"You should probably begin heading back." Teacher chuckled, looking towards the entrance. "Your friends are getting worried."

"Where were you?" Twilight yelped when they Saw Rainbow Dash. "We've been looking for hours!"

"I was..." Rainbow began before shaking her head. "I was looking for answers."

"Answers? To what?"

"Just something I'd been thinking about."

"Rainbow, I've known you long enough to know something is worrying you." Twilight sighed, putting her hooves on Rainbow's shoulders. "What is it Rainbow?"

"It's nothing Twi." Rainbow sighed, pushing Twilight away. "I'm fine now anyway. It's nothing to worry over."

"You sure?"

"Yes, I'm fine."

"You haven't asked Shinze yet have you?"

"How... How did you know?" Rainbow blinked, looking back over at Twilight. "I... No, I haven't..."

"Well..."

"I'll ask him, eventually."

"Really?"

"Yes, really."

"You'd better. We made a deal."

"I know Twi..."


"So, what are we to do with her?" Deacon asked the approaching pony, as he watched Rainbow Dash and her friends.

"She's getting curious."

"I know."

"She asked why she was chosen."

"Isn't it a simple reason?" Deacon chuckled, shaking his head. "Why are any of us chosen?"

"Because the Moon needs us."

"Indeed." Deacon chuckled, looking up at the moon. "She does need us does she not?"

"You miss Aurora, don't you?"

"I do." Deacon sighed, shaking his head before looking back at Rainbow Dash. "You know, that Rainbow Dash reminds me of the young Aurora. She was always a strong pony."

"And yet," Teacher sighed, looking down at them as well. "They both are insecure about themselves."

"It's a sad fact, but yes."

"Well, I best get to work."

"Oh?"

"I have a dimension to run, remember?"

"So much more difficult then a country."

"Or a world."

"Are you sure?" Applejack sighed, looking over at Rainbow, as she talked with Twilight. "Are you sure Twi?"

"I am."

"I'm worried about Dash too, but.." Applejack sighed shaking her head. "If she said she's fine then she's fine. It ain't our job to get in her business."

"I know," Twilight sighed, looking around. "But all of this... It's a bit much. For any pony."

"I know Twilight, and so does Rainbow."

"I know..."

"Look, if Rainbow needed help, she'll ask." Applejack chuckled. "She's a tough pony, but she's smart."

"I know Applejack." Twilight sighed, looking over at Rainbow as she flew around with Cloudchaser and the other pegasi of their group. "It doesn't stop me from worrying."

"You almost sound like a mother Twi."

"I do?"

"Yup."

"Sorry?"

"Don't be, it's who you are." Applejack chuckled, shaking her head. "Though you should probably talk to Flash Sentry about that."

"W-what?" Twilight blinked looking back at Applejack. "Why would you say that?"

"Eh, no reason."





Poneology Artifact #34-5867-95 file b

The artifact appears to be a couple of pages from a Journal, author unknown. The artifact, references a 'Lunamaria Eclipse' several times in all seeming pages that have been gathered. When a search for 'Lunamaria Eclipse' is entered, no results return in either Solar Empire or Lunarian databanks, it is assumed this is an alias.

Below is the last found recording of the name. As well as another, new name.

Let me ask you a question. What do you do when the pony you've looked up to, the pony that taught you, the pony that you thought had all the answers, lied? What do you do when you find out that what you thought was the truth, was in fact only a part of something greater? Or worse. What do you do?
Me? I could do nothing. I couldn't. I had no way of knowing what would come. The knowledge that I have now, could have benefitted Luna more then I did. I only wish we didn't lose so many. If only we didn't lose them, we might have won.
Both me and Luna agree that things would have gone much easier if we knew now then. If only things were that easy though.
I've grown old, I only hope that things will be easier.

I miss you Twi.

Author's Note:

This chapter has been brought to you by the song: The Phoenix - FOB.

To explain the artifact number 34-5867-95:
The first number, 34, symbolizes that the artifact was found at Site 34. The second number, 5867, symbolizes the grid number. The third number, 95, symbolizes the order it was found. Therefore Artifact #34-5867-95 was the 95th artifact found in grid 5867 at site 34, and Artifact #1-110-1 would be the first artifact found in grid 110 at site 1.