• Published 30th Dec 2013
  • 821 Views, 74 Comments

A New Equestria book the second - ZeirMakavar



The new Equestria Colonies, a Republic state governed under Equestria. Until past secrets, aren't secrets any longer.

  • ...
0
 74
 821

22: Sunset Shimmer

Author's Note:

Do note, this chapter contains a few major spoilers for Ravenwood Academy. If you don't mind this, then continue reading on. If you want to wait until Ravenwood Academy catches up with ANE, then I suggest not reading on.

Don't forget to check out my Patreon page for exclusive content, and to read chapters a day ahead.

Chapter 22
Sunset Shimmer

"Actually, I think she was a Drakyl." Twilight said, shaking her head a bit. "She did have dragon-like qualities yes, but with how she looked, and the horns... Coupled with that she stood on her hind legs, and had no wings... That sounds like a Drakyl."

"But, Drakyl haven't existed in Equestria since long before discord took over, it says so in the history books." Sunset said, shaking her head. "I mean, I get some weird shit has been happening over here, Rainbow told me herself... Well, before she went cray with being brainwashed..."

"It still doesn't change that we still need to come up with a new strategy, with Rainbow on The Teacher's..."

"I'm sorry to interrupt Twilight, but... I really must ask Miss Sunset a very important question." Discord said, as he slowly slithered out of Twilight's mane, growing back to his normal size as he did.

"What did I tell you about hitching a ride on ponies Discord..." Twilight said, sighing. "And what would be so important, that you'd need to interrupt a private conversation?"

""I'm curious to know this as well..." Applejack said, turning to look at Discord, as she finally spoke.

"Well, I was just curious... but, Sunset where did you learn that magic?" Discord asked, turning to look at Sunset, as she backed up a bit. "That magic you used, to defend Twilight, and get us out of The Teacher's compound... that was not Equestrian magic."

"It was nothing," Sunset replied to Discord's question, shaking her head slightly. "Just... Just something I've been working on."

"You've been working on?" A voice said, coming from behind Sunset, as a small fairy came out from inside her mane. "Oh what a load of phooey." The pixie said laughing. "Ain't you going to tell them Miss Sunset Shimmer?"

"Tell us what?" Twilight asked, looking at the fairy, before looking back at Sunset. "What happened?"

"Remember the school I told you about Twi? The school my and the Fluttershy over there applied to?" Sunset asked, after sighing a bit softly.

"Yes? What about it?"

"It was attacked." Sunset said, sighing softly, as she shook her head again. "Just before I... we came over here. The Teacher came by, and laid siege to it."

"Why?" Applejack then asked, a confused look on her face. "Didn't... According to Rourke, she shouldn't have known about the human world."

"That's the thing, apparently she did." Sunset said, shaking her head slightly again, as she sat down next to Twilight. "Apparently, Rainbow going to me, isn't the only difference in this timeline, then the others... I... The fact that I'm even involved is a major difference."

"But, why would you getting involved change so much Sunset?" Twilight asked, looking from her to Discord, and back. "Discord, do you know what it could be?"

"What exactly is this school called?" Discord asked, eyeing Sunset with suspicion.

"Ravenwood Aca..."

"Ravenwood Academy?" Discord said, interrupting Sunset as she spoke. "You... You got accepted into THE Ravenwood Academy?"

"Um... Yes?"

"The Arch-duchess, is she there?"

"With her strange ever watching eyes? Yes." Sunset said, a confused look on her face as Discord laughed. This caused the rest of them to look at him confused as well.

"I don't get it..." Twilight said, blinking slightly. "Why would where she went to school matter?"

"Don't you get it? Ravenwood Academy, it's the answer." Discord said, smiling a bit softly as he spoke. "The difference isn't in that Sunset is involved. It's that she's studied at Ravenwood Academy. The birthplace of The Guardians."



"I don't get it... You want me to do what?" Rainbow Dash asked, looking at The Teacher in confusion. "Why is the other word so important? Shouldn't we deal with this one first?"

"Oh dear Rainbow Dash, you will understand in due time." The Teacher said, laughing slightly, as she slowly clicked a claw on the edge of the throne that was built into the Castle that Umbra called home. "That place... She's been hiding there for far too long."

"Who's been hiding?" Trixie asked, just as confused as the others. "I mean... I get that, that's where Miss Sunset Shimmer ran off to when she stole Twilight's crown thing, but she's here now, right?"

"Rainbow Dash brought her here herself." Heaven Star said, nodding slowly, as she sat down, a bit away from the others. "It is why she brought that mirror here, is it not?"

"Indeed it is." Rainbow said, nodding slowly at Heaven, before looking back at The Teacher. "You told me that Sunset Shimmer was a non-issue. Who else is hiding there Teacher?"

"The Watcher."

"The who?" Everypony said, almost in unison.

"The Drakyl, have an interesting naming style for their elders." The Teacher said, smiling a bit softly at the ponies in front of her. "They give them titles, and only refer to them as such. For instance, my name. The Teacher. I doubt you ponies actually thought that was..."

"We know you're me from a different Timeline Teacher." Rainbow Dash said, glaring a bit. "Get to the point."

"Oh, you already know my point."

"There's a Drakyl hiding in the human world?"

"Yes, A drakyl who was around during the time when Equestria was ruled over by the Ravenwood Empire." The Teacher said, nodding slowly. "She goes by The Watcher, and is most likely the strongest magical being in existence."