• Published 30th Dec 2013
  • 819 Views, 74 Comments

A New Equestria book the second - ZeirMakavar



The new Equestria Colonies, a Republic state governed under Equestria. Until past secrets, aren't secrets any longer.

  • ...
0
 74
 819

12: Nevermore

chapter 12
Nevermore

Nevermore quoth the raven. Nevermore.

Nevermore in the sky's above shall we soar.

Nevermore in the sea do the fish swim.

And nevermore, does the horse bray.

Nevermore, does the sun shine in the day.

Nevermore, does the moon glow at night.

Nevermore. nevermore.

The seagull breeze

And the queer man sings.

"Nevermore."

In somber speech

Nevermore, does the light shine.

Nevermore, does the moon glow at night.

Nevermore, does the child smile.

For the darkest hour

And lightest night.

In depth has it passed.

And the raven quoth, nevermore.


Celestia sighed as she approached the crystal caverns. It was a place she wished she didn't need to go, but due to the circumstances it was needed. The truth of her involvement with the cult known as The Knight's Templar, had been shown to her dear sister Luna in the worst way. And she took it the worst way as well. Celestia shook her head, sighing again as she passed a Raven that had been around almost as long as she had, as if it refused to die. "Nevermore quoth the raven." It said, in it's continuous poem that it repeated. "Nevermore." Celestia smiled, remembering her earlier years as she trained under Rourke. She had sat in front of the raven at Rourke's home for hours on end listening to it's poem. A poem that she would eventually learn was a somber prophecy. One that she had hoped would not come to pass.

But, she soon saw the events unfold as the raven had spoke them. With the fall of Discord, the sun and moon seemed to stop moving, which caused Celestia and her sister to take up the charge of raising each, each day. It was tiring work, that grew even more so when Luna became Nightmare Moon, and attempted to overthrow Celestia. Celestia then had hoped that that was the darkest hour the raven had spoke of, and that it would as it said, quote the prophecy no more.

But, a quick trip to it's location proved Celestia wrong. There it had stood, still quoting away. And of course, this worried her. "What could it be?" She asked herself as she sat in front of the raven watching it quote away. "It's been doing this for so long now... I had almost forgotten about it." She chuckled, shaking her head before she turned to look at the guard pony who was approaching her. "Yes? What is it?"

"The delegate from the Griffins has arrived your majesty." The guard said, bowing to Celestia. "He requests an immediate audience with you."

"I see, thank you for the information." Celestia responded, before turning once again at the raven and sighing. She then turned to leave, him to his quoting.

"Why do you leave them be Celestia?" Raging Smith, the griffin delegate, asked clearly angry. "They are nothing but rebels who's only mission is to disrupt the peace. They must be taught a lesson in respect!"

"I do agree with you Mr. Smith, but my sister..."

"From what I've heard from our spies over in... what they call The Lunar Republic, your sister is their leader."

"Yes, I know... I can't..." Celestia sighed, shaking her head. "I can't fight with my sister again."

"You can't Celestia? Or you won't?"

"Both actually." Celestia responded, bowing her head. "The last time we fought, so many were lost because of my foolishness. I'm not making that mistake again, trust me Raging Smith, the last thing we want is to fight Luna. Despite what you may think, she isn't evil at all. She's misunderstood yes, but she's actually a kind person."

"It does not change what has happened Celestia. She, along with the rest of her rebels need to be dealt with."

"I will deal with them in my own way Raging." Celestia sighed, shaking her head. "Trust me, we do not want war."

"You keep saying this, yet I see no way we would loose."

"Last what my spy said, they have an alliance with several of the larger Changeling hives." Celestia stated, a soft smile on her face. "A feat, that we could not do."

"This means nothing."

"Oh?" Celestia chuckled, shaking her head. "Do you not remember years ago? When a certain Changeling hive almost took over Canterlot? The number of changelings in only one of those hives could easily outnumber us 10 to 1 Raging, even with the collective might of our forces. That, and do you not remember who is in charge of the Crystal empire? There is a higher chance they will side with the Lunar Republic, because of Twilight, then us. A war isn't the best option right now."

"War should be the only option!" The Unicorn to Raging's right shouted. "From the letters I get from my sibling over there, I understand that very few of the nobles hold the proper power their position holds! Another thing, half of them have been thrown into the dungeons for protesting against the foolish government they set up! How sha-

"By suggesting they are foolish is suggesting my sister is foolish." Celestia growled. "And by suggesting my sister is foolish, you suggest that I am foolish. And that, Yellow Hunter is the last thing you should be doing."

"But..."

"No buts." Celestia growled again, as she turned to leave. "I dismiss you all, now leave my castle before I have you thrown out."

"Such arrogant people aren't they Celestia dear." A voice said as a shadow creeped up to her from behind. "It's a good thing they'll all be gone and dead once our plan is complete right?"

"Shut up Xing." Celestia sighed, as she walked to her chambers. "I don't have the time for your games. Besides, I'm not in the mood."

"Oh my," the shadow, known to Celestia only as Xing, chuckled. "Such naughty words. Even after father graciously let you keep me. Well, to keep an eye on you that is."

"You know as well as I do that there's no way I'm going to deviate from his plan Xing." Celestia sighed, shaking her head. "It's almost necessary to take that bastard tyrant down."