• Published 30th Dec 2013
  • 819 Views, 74 Comments

A New Equestria book the second - ZeirMakavar



The new Equestria Colonies, a Republic state governed under Equestria. Until past secrets, aren't secrets any longer.

  • ...
0
 74
 819

20: A Twist of Fate

Author's Note:

A very important word of note: This chapter is written with me only having seen the first couple of episodes into Season 5, as well as not seeing Friendship Games. Assume then, that this takes place in an alternate timeline, where Season 4 has happened, but not Season 5.

Chapter 20
A Twist of Fate

Three months till collapse.

"Okay, can you explain again... Why I'm here?" Sunset Shimmer asked, raising an eyebrow at Rainbow Dash. "I thought that... you know, after the whole thing with me stealing Twilight's crown I wouldn't be allowed back in Equestria."

"Oh, you aren't." Rainbow chuckled, as Trixie nodded slowly, smiling a bit. "Well, I think at least." She sighed, moving over to what appeared to be the mirror that connected them to the human world. "No one is to know your here, not even Twilight. As I said when you came through, this needs to be a secret."

"Even from my best friend?"

"Yes, even from Twilight." Rainbow sighed, shaking her head a bit, as if she was trying to get something out of her mind. "There's something going on that needs to be prepared for, with utmost urgency. I needed someone outside it all, in order to... well, as an insurance policy."

Two months till collapse.

Sunset sighed softly, as she sat at one of the tables in Midnight's diner. Before her was another mare, a Pegasus mare that seemed to have magical abilities much like those that Twilight had. "So... explain again why we're here?" She said, sighing again, as the Pegasus sat watching her.

"I'm here to visit my cousins." The mare said, chuckling a bit. "You're here because Mistress ordered you to be here." She said, looking over as Midnight walked over, setting a plate down with a few things.

"There you go." She said, smiling a bit. "It's nice to finally see you Heaven. It's been years, how are you and your brother?" She asked, chuckling. "Oh... Rainbow Dash hello. What are you doing here?"

"Have you seen Discord? I need to talk to him."

"I think he went off to visit Miss Twilight Sparkle, why do you need..." Midnight began, before Rainbow Dash left the building.

About a half hour later, the empty plate sat between the two mares, with Sunset Shimmer sighing a bit. "Look, I get that Rainbow needs me as an insurance policy, but that alone doesn't explain why I was brought over here... What is it that she's doing? Why can't I tell Twilight? You work for her right? You should know something."

"I only know what Mistress tells me."

"And has she told you not to tell me?" Sunset asked, sighing. "I take the silence as a Yes." She said, as Twilight and Rainbow both passed the shop entrance, closely being followed by Discord. "What was that about..."

One month till collapse.

Sunset sighed as she slowly walked along the main road of the city. She smiled a bit as she looked around, the whole place was bustling with life, much like Canterlot. She slowly wandered around, as she thought on the information she had learned through her investigation. An investigation that Rainbow Dash told her to do, yet didn't remember doing so.

"I don't get it..." She mumbled softly, shaking her head a bit as Discord floated by above her. "Why wouldn't she ordering me to research that stuff, and not remember doing so..." She sighed, before rubbing her head with both of her front hooves. "Argh! This place is so confusing!"

"Not as confusing as the human world though right?" Discord asked, still floating above Sunset. "After all, magic isn't supposed to exist there, yet you brought it."

"Shut up Discor... wait, what did you say?"

"You brought magic to the human world, one where magic didn't exist." Discord half repeated, smiling.

"I get the feeling you know more then what you're letting on Discord."

"Oh, if there's one thing true about chaos... It's that it's a constant." Discord said, laughing a bit, smiling as he did.

"So you do?"

"Time is a river after all."

"We've had this conversation before then?" Sunset asked, smiling a bit. "Who knows how many times you've crossed this moment, where we talked about this... Could it be... that a future Rainbow Dash asked me to do the research, because I told her in her past that she did?"

"Eh, Wibbly Wobbly." Discord chanted a bit, laughing.

"That's not any help..."

1 day to collapse.

"Are you sure Rainbow Dash?" Sunset asked, sighing a bit as she looked at the old boat, blinking a bit. "I'm sure there has to be another way."

"No," Rainbow sighed, shaking her head. "I have to kill Celestia and Luna. It's the only way to stop the... Myself."

"There has to be..." Sunset said, almost sounding desperate. "According... According to Rourke, he faced a you... A you much further along her transformation! And for her, you killed them! It's what... It's what the future you wants Dash!"

"I know..." rainbow said, sighing a bit as she looked into the mirror, a small part of her muzzle already becoming scales. "Sometimes I dream about it... Nightmares is more like it. I know the path I choose is making me dangerously close to becoming The Teacher... again, I guess you could say. But, there's one difference."

"What?"

"Us." Rainbow said, smiling at Sunset Shimmer. "According to Rourke, the me from his timeline, killed everypony and everything associated with the elements, before moving on to kill Celestia and Luna.' Rainbow said, laughing. "This caused the Universe to reset, with everyone that dealt with the Elements not existing, excluding Celestia, Luna, and Discord... One pony that dealt with them here, didn't then."

"Who?"

"Sunset, you existed in Rourke's timeline as well."

"But... That would mean... Back then, when The Teacher... when you went mad, you didn't kill me... because... I wasn't saved?"

"Exactly." Rainbow sighed, looking again at the mirror. "Listen... The next time we meet Sunset..."

Collapse.

"Rainbow! What are you... Why did you kill them!" Twilight asked, almost screaming as she watched both Celestia and Luna fall to the ground, as The Teacher laughed in the background. "They... Why!?"

"She did so, because I told her to." The Teacher chuckled, his reptilian eyes watching both of them. "Isn't that right my most perfect weapon?"

"I only did what had to be done." Rainbow sighed, shaking her head.

"That doesn't explain your actions!" Twilight yelled, tensing up, afraid of what would come next.

"Now then Rainbow Dash, kill Twilight Sparkle."

"W-what?!" Twilight yelped, backing up quickly upon hearing The Teacher order Rainbow Dash to kill her.

"My pleasure." Rainbow said, smiling sadistically, as she jumped at Twilight, the marks glowing a deep red, just as they did before Rainbow killed Celestia and Luna.

"N-no!" Twilight yelped, just as a soft red magic shield appeared, separating Twilight from Rainbow Dash and The Teacher. "S-sunset!?" Twilight yelped, blinking a bit in confusion as Sunset helped her up.

"Heh, Sorry I'm late."