• Published 30th Dec 2013
  • 819 Views, 74 Comments

A New Equestria book the second - ZeirMakavar



The new Equestria Colonies, a Republic state governed under Equestria. Until past secrets, aren't secrets any longer.

  • ...
0
 74
 819

24: The Eleventh Hour

Chapter 24
The Eleventh Hour

Twilight Sparkle sighed softly as she looked out the window of the office she now called her own. In the interest of the Lunar Republic, she took the office, that not a few weeks ago, Luna died serving. The ponies in the town, as well as the few outlying villages had all gathered to mourn Luna and Celestia's deaths. In the wake of The Teacher's army amassing to the east and north o the Republic, a treaty had been signed by Twilight Sparkle, and Prince Blueblood, who had been named the new ruler of Equestria, due to Celestia lacking a true heir.

As she looked out the window, she saw guardponies marching along the streets, and even more stationed at the crossways. The capital had been turned from a bustling city, into a practical police state in order to prepare for the inevitable attack from The Teacher's army, which they had received no information on it's size, which only served to worry Twilight.

It was then, in her thoughts that a knock on the door disturbed her. "Come in." She said, after taking a deep breath, to calm her nerves. "What is it?" She then asked, as the butlerpony opened the door.

"There is a guest for you madam," The pony said, his voice thick with accent. "She claims to have been a member of Umbra, before it's defection to The Teacher."

"Let them in then." She said, half hoping it was Rainbow Dash, seeking forgiveness. "And... you are?" She asked, upon noticing that the Pegasus mare, had a grey coat, instead of Rainbow's light blue.

"My name is Heaven Star Miss," The mare said, sighing. "I come bringing you news, and it is not good news."

"Fine then." Twilight said, sighing softly, as she moved to manually close the door, instead of using her magic. As she did, she turned to look back at Heaven, looking her over. "You're that Pegasus who used to work for Hunter, aren't you?"

"I am, and though my loyalty was forced upon me, he served an honorable cause." Heaven said, as she sat down, on the seat infront of the desk. "My news is grave... at least, I believe it is." She added, before looking at Twilight again. "As you probably know, both Rainbow Dash, and the rest of Umbra have defected from Lunar Republic to join The Teacher."

"I do, what of it?"

"There is more..."



Rainbow Dash sighed softly, as she laid down on one of the seats, near the throne that had been set up for The Teacher, who at the moment, was sitting upon the throne. "You've done well my child." The Teacher said, smiling softly at Rainbow, moving to pat their reptilian hand upon Rainbow's head, treating her more like a pet, then a loyal follower. "Much of our forces have gathered around this castle of yours. It will be soon that we march upon the pony lands, but first..."

"There is something that needs doing, before we can?" Rainbow asked, brushing the hand off her head, as she stood up. "What would be more important, then killing the ponies?"

"I do believe I took notice of one of those maps, that your Twilight Sparkle has made, hanging in the study." The Teacher said, smiling still, as she moved snake like around the hall. "If I was reading it correctly, then there should be a rather large Changeling hive, to the south of the pony lands, am I correct?"

"Yes, A Changeling Queen makes her home there, it is too large for the ponies to advance near it, so instead Twilight garnered an alliance with them, guaranteeing the safety of both forces."

"I see, so it would be safe to assume that if we did a full on attack on the ponies, we would expect them to intervene?" The Teacher said, nodding slowly, as a single claw tapped her chin. "Then in that case, I want you to muster some of the forces and send a division south, march them to the Hive, and take it by force if necessary."

Rainbow Dash nodded at this, smiling a bit as she was finally able to do something other then sit around. "As you command." She said, turning to leave the hall, running into Shinze as she did.

"Having fun in there Dashie?" He asked, a smile on his face, as he chuckled. "Or are we up to something devious."

"There's no time for your jokes Shinze, we have orders." Rainbow said, still smiling. "Muster up some of the men, the Wendigoes and Hydras should do, we're marching to the south."

"And why ever should we do that? The Lunar Republic is to our west, the only thing south is..."

"The Changeling Hives."



Two days had passed, since Heaven Star had arrived, to give Twilight Sparkle the strangest thing she'd heard since the discovery of liquid magic. "Why did I not see it before..." She said to herself, shaking her head in despair. "I... We... There had to have been signs."

"None of us could have knows Twilight," Flash said, as the others in the room nodded. "As much as Rainbow was the element of loyalty, she kept most of her issues to herself."

"Indeed she did, I mean, it took us prodding and poking her for her to tell us any of her problems, ho ever slight." Rarity agreed, smiling as she spoke.

"I know, but... the way she spoke about The Teacher, it..." Twilight said, before sighing. "When we went to The Teacher's cave, it was so dark in their that we couldn't see... I should have noticed then that Rainbow... That The Teacher was taking over her mind... I ear that next time we meet, she might not be Rainbow any more..."