• Published 30th Dec 2013
  • 820 Views, 74 Comments

A New Equestria book the second - ZeirMakavar



The new Equestria Colonies, a Republic state governed under Equestria. Until past secrets, aren't secrets any longer.

  • ...
0
 74
 820

11: Shadows of the past (Rourke Final)

Chapter 11
Shadows of the past

"You'll understand." Rourke said, smiling softly. "In due time, you'll understand."

"Bye-bye Mr. Rourke sir." Celestia said, waving back at Rourke.

"I told you Celestia, his name is Starseeker..."

"No it's not..." Celestia said, shaking her head. "The shadow thing said it was Rourke. Rourke of Chaos."

"What did you..." Rourke said, blinking. "What did you call me?"

"Rourke of Chaos... Is that not your name?"

"No it is... but," Rourke sighed looking over at Deacon. "You shouldn't know that name."

"Why not?"

"Because, I've told nopony that name."

"Well you told Mr Shadow, because he told me." Celestia said, almost beaming.

"No," Rourke said shaking his head. "I told nopon... Celestia dear?"

"Yes Mr Rourke?"

"What did the pony look like?"

"It wasn't a pony."

"What do you mean?" Deacon asked, worry in his voice. "How could it not have been a pony?"

"Because, it was a shadow." Celestia said smiling. "My shadow actually."

"And how often does your shadow... talk to you?"

"Ever since we got here."

"Deacon... When did you first see the Soul-Eater?"

"When we arrived here.


"Discord." Twilight sighed, looking at him with a blank stare. "May I ask you something?"

"Sure dear friend." Discord said, smiling, though peeved his story was interrupted. "Though you've already asked me something."

"Okay two things really..." Twilight sighed, holding her hoof up. "One, if your story is about the previous caretaker, and he died before your time how do you know any of this? And two, his name his Rourke?"

"One, I don't know." Discord replied, which caused Luna and Twilight to glare at him. "Really, I don't. Probably has something to do with that I'm the caretaker. I know the stories of all of the caretakers. And two, yes. Why?"

"Because Discord," Luna sighed, looking out a window. "There is a pony by that name under my detail. And he also is a black Unicorn, much like the Rourke you described."

"But... if so, then perhaps... No, not possible." Discord said talking to himself, in his manor.

"But if it is?" Discord 2 replied. "Could they be the same? Could the previous still be living?"

"No... He couldn't." Discord argued, as Twilight and Luna rolled their eyes leaving Discord to argue with himself, literally.

"What do you think of his story?" Twilight asked Luna, once they were away from Discord. "I think it's not possible, he had to have been making it up right?"

"There is always that possibility Twilight Sparkle." Luna nodded, sighing. "But, it does not explain how he knew the name Rourke."

"He could have know the Rourke that works for you."

"He did not." Luna said, sighing before shaking her head. "He did not know that a Rourke worked under me. This adds slight plausibility to his story."

"I know Luna," Twilight sighed, looking around. "I just wish there was an easier way we could solve this."

"To put it behind us?"

"Yes." Twilight nodded, smiling softly. "And, to help Rainbow Dash of course."

Luna nodded, sighing softly. "I will be the one to inform Rainbow Dash. You... Get rest."

"No, I can't there's still so much that..." Twilight began to say, before Luna put a hoof to Twilight's muzzle.

"Rest." Luna repeated, a soft smile upon her face. "I will take care of the rest. You need sleep Twilight. I can see it on your face."


"I miss you Twi..."

"Who's there?" Twilight said, as the voice woke her up. Looking around she saw nopony in her room, nor was anypony outside. "Who ever you are, show yourself. As you know, I am an Alicorn and will fight back."

"When the others went I.... It hurt. But, I though that we'd stay together. Yah know, as awesome and immortal as we were. But... Yeah..."

"Rainbow?" Twilight blinked, half recognizing the voice. "No... It sounds older. Besides, she isn't immortal... And neither am I... I think..." Twilight sighed, shaking her head. It was then that she heard a tea pot rattling in a corner. "I don't... Discord... I know that's you."

"Well of course it is deary." Discord said chuckling, as he returned to his original shape. "And to what do you need?"

"I was thinking of asking you that." Twilight sighed, shaking her head. "You're the one in my room."

"Right..." He sighed, patting her shoulder. "I was sleeping."

"Wait... Sleeping?"

"Yes. Sleeping."

"Why were you sleeping in my room?"

"I've always been sleeping in your room Twilly." Discord responded, as he floated around her room. "Ever since I arrived here in fact. I've slept in your room as a tea pot ever since then."

"Why?"

"Because, it's comfortable." Discord responded, chuckling.

"Discord... May I ask you something?"

"You want to know if it is possible for a pony to talk across time?"

"Well. Yes..." Twilight said, sighing. "I... thought I hear Rainbow Dash, but she sounded older. And well, I was wondering if it was possible to do something like that. If anypony knows, it's you or Celestia."

"Don't forget Deacon." Discord chuckled. "Well, and Aurora, but she's dead... And yes. It is in fact entirely possible for a pony to hear something from another time. Though it would have to take an obscene amount of magic and emotion in order to do something of the sort. Some say that they hear the voices of the dead, but that's just a myth. It's actually residual magic."

"But, what about hearing something from the future?" Twilight asked, nervous. "Is that possible?"

"Well... That I know of, it's never been attempted."