• Published 10th Dec 2013
  • 1,751 Views, 19 Comments

Super Friends of Equestria - cornholio4



Equestria is in danger of a great threat, that lives in the centre of the planet itself, the heroes of Equestria have to band together to stop this menace!

  • ...
4
 19
 1,751

Epilogue

The next day....

DAILY PLANET

EQUESTRIA IS SAVED THANKS TO THE EFFORTS OF THE SUPER FRIENDS OF EQUESTRIA!
By Hot Scoop

Just yesterday all of Equestria was invaded by what could only be described as “Shadow Ponies”. There so many of them that it seemed that the Equestrian Royal Guard and Military was powerless to stop it.

The mastermind behind it all seemed to be a hybrid of a Draconequus and Nightmare Moon. He was also able force his control on both the sun and the moon and had appeared in Ponyville where he was terrorising the small town.

Luckily the town and all of Equestria was saved and the mastermind is now trapped in stone where he is now in place at the Canterlot Palace. Who saved us, you might be asking yourselves. None other than the new group of superheroes that are now known as the Super Friends of Equestria.

This new superhero team consists of the Green Lantern Twilight Sparkle (the personal protégée of Princess Celestia herself who had previously single hoofedly manage to defeat the Wicked Mare of Darkness Nightmare Moon and turn her back into Princess Luna), the Coltronian Supermare (rumoured by some to be Ponyville’s own Applejack but they have not been taken seriously due to Supermare no wearing a hat), the super fast hero known as the Dash, the Capricorn Lord known as Tydal or Aquapony, the warrior hero known as Wonder Mare, the big purple cheesecake Captain Alicorn, the pie throwing vigilante known only as the Pink Pie-Er, the mysterious alien known as the Martian Ponyhunter, Ponyville’s night time vigilante Mare Do Well, and the showboating technological hero known as Trixie Gold.

“I am so proud of my student and her new friends.” Says our own monarch Princess Celestia.

“Twiley has done me so proud!” says Shining Armor the Captain of the Guard and big brother of Twilight Sparkle. Their parents expressed similar statements.

”I could hardly believe that the filly that I had looked after and had fun with managed to help save all of Equestria from a great evil, words cannot express just how proud I am of my little filly of what she has accomplished since becoming Green Lantern.” says Princess Cadence niece of Princess Celestia and the marefriend of Shining Armor.

However this new group has attracted some critics, some high authority ponies have questioned this new group that has saved us all.

”I do not know nor understand how these vigilantes can even be considered heroes. The Pink Pie-Er for example is nothing more than just an anarchist who has been targeting my business. I had to hire my own bodyguard in the form of the Dark Pie-Er, who is a REAL hero who does her job of protecting me and my group from pie throwing vigilantes. This is what sugar does to ponies, make them play dress up and decide they have the right to put the law into their own hooves, I urge the good citizens of Ponyville to put a stop to these menaces before it is too late.” says Arthur Edward Taylor Figure, Head of the Equestrian Dietary Association and Canterlot politician.

”The one known as Supermare who we are led to believe protects Ponyville, but she has admitted she is an alien visit so how do we know she is planning an invasion. How do we know that these so called heroes are not just trying to gain favour so that they can gain control.” says Filthy Rich, owner of Rich’s Barnyard Bargains one of the most successful and respected businesses in Ponyville.

Whatever you believe it seems we have a group of guardian Angels to look over Equestria. What do you, our readers thinking about this new team called the Super Friends of Equestria?

In the base of the soon to be well known Sunset Corps, Sunset Shimmer was angrily reading her paper about what had happened. The so called heroes including Twilight Sparkle was supposed to fall so that her Sunset Corps could make their debut and start gaining popularity and attention to their cause.

But no, not only did Twilight Sparkle lead the heroes to victory and save the day, they were now more famous than ever before. Not only that but her partners in crime Stolen march and Slade Eiling would be wanted by their superiors for questioning on why they did not respond to this invasion.

She looked over the matter with both Slade and Stolen March, they all agreed they would have to wait another time to make their move and make the presence of the Sunset Corps known.

Besides they still had at least one weapon under their control:

The still hibernating form of King Sombra! With the power of this fallen tyrant at their command, not even Twilight Sparkle and her stupid Super Friends group will be able to stop the might of the Sunset Corps!

At the moment Stolen March and Slade were busy at work looking through more possible candidates to join their illustrious Corps and their noble cause and to think of what to do when spotted by their soon to be former superiors.

**

The alter ego of the big purple cheesecake and now Super Friends of Equestria founding member Captain Alicorn and the wielder of the Power of SHAZAM, Spike was now back at the Rock of Eternity and was talking to his mentor Discord who looked pleased. “So you managed to stop the evil I gave you the power of SHAZAM to defeat, good work!” Discord said in a cheery tone but then Spike felt sad when he realised something.

“Does this mean I have to give the powers that you gave me back?” questioned Spike who looked a bit relieved when Discord shook his head.

“Not at all my little protégée, there is still plenty of evil that I may need you to defeat!” said Discord with a fatherly smile on his face as he patted Spike on the head softly “besides there is still the matter of the fact that Black Garble is still at large so you will still need your powers in order to stop him once and for all!”

“See you soon Discord!” Spike said while waving to his mentor as he went out of the Rock of Eternity, the pathway would take him back to his room in the Canterlot Palace and Twilight was at the house of the parents of Flash Sentry her new coltfriend so she would not be able to see him sneak in unexpectedly.

“You Know Starswirl.” Discord said to the statue of Starswirl the Bearded as he sat down onto a chair “I am kind of glad that I chose that little dragon to be my champion and the wielder of the Power of SHAZAM, he made a much better hero than any of the candidates I had considered. How bad would things have turned out if I had ended up choosing that Diamond Tiara?”

Discord then gave a shudder on the very idea of a brat like Diamond Tiara gaining superpowers, no good at all would come from something like that.

Good thing that will never happen....

Right?

**

In Ponyville the civilians as well as construction crew from Canterlot pitched in to help restore the damaged buildings in the city, it should take a small while before the buildings damaged in all of Equestria would be repaired and the Equestrian cities would all be as good as knew.

It would have been a lot worse if the superheroes of Equestria had not managed to stop the Pony of Shadows and save the day.

At Sweet Apple Acres the alter ego of Supermare the Mare of Tomorrow and now founding member of the Super Friends of Equestria, Applejack smiled as she along with her brother Big Macintosh and their grandmother Granny Pie watched Applebloom demonstrate her superpowers who she had just developed the day before.

She was now wearing her own uniform complete with the insignia of the House of El which on their home planet of Coltron was the symbol for ‘hope’ and to help disguise her identity she was missing her bow.

“This is so cool, Superfilly to the rescue!” Applebloom shouted with excitement as she was flying around in a small circle “do you think I can be your sidekick Applejack?”

“Continue practicing your powers and we might see.” Applejack chuckled along with her brother and grandmother.

**

Derpy Hooves was in her house laughing as she and her daughter Ditzy was having fun eating muffins and practicing their shape shifting. Ever since coming to this planet and to Equestria the mother and daughter had some of the best memories that they had ever had.

Now Derpy would have triple duty being a mum, a mail carrier and an alien superhero:

Eh, hardly a challenge at all, seems to be a breeze to be honest.

**

Trixie was now in a mobile home that she had set up with Skeets, for them to live in this time. She sighed knowing the task that the time travelling pony known only as ‘the Hunter’ gave her when he sent her and Skeets back to this time in the past.

The mission was simple: find and stop any possible time travelling super villains from changing the past for the worse. She was chosen for the mission as she was Goldstar the leader of the Super Friends of Equestria and a well respected and popular superhero in Equestria, of course due to a slip of tongue she in the past was now known as Trixie Gold.

She had superheroing in her blood, her mother had helped start the current age of superheroes. She was relaxing on her bed looking a photo of her fifth birthday party. There in the background smiling for the camera with her was her loving parents:

Twilight Sparkle still the Green Lantern of Sector 2812 as well as the current keeper of the Book of Oa in the future and Flash Sentry who in her future was now the current Captain of the Royal Guards.

How proud her mother was when she began her superhero career and at her induction into the Super Friends of Equestria, she had used her scientific know how to create her gadgets just so she could be like her famous mother and Skeets was built to be a close friend of Trixie.

Too bad in the past she could not let Twilight know she was her daughter from the future or what she was sent there to stop.

Trixie Sentry sighed as she rested upon her bed and she realised something:

What other pony could honestly say they were there in person to see their parents’ first kiss?

**

Months later the biographical book by the famed author A.K. Yearling had hit bookstores all over Equestria and ended up being an instant best seller.




SUPER FRIENDS OF EQUESTRIA


A CORNHOLIO4 PRODUCTION


BROUGHT TO US BY EARTH 52


BIG THANKS TO Defender2222 FOR ALLOWING ME TO PLAY IN THIS UNIVERSE YOU THOUGHT OFF
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
GREEN LANTERN TWILIGHT SPARKLE & EARTH 52
.
.
.
.
.
.
WILL RETURN
.
.
.
.
.
.





My name is Ganthet of Oa, I am a member of the Guardians of the Galaxy. Unlike most of my fellow Guardians I do not totally believe emotion is nothing more than a weakness, i believe emotion is also a strength, Fellow Guardian Sayd believe this sentiment. Some of my fellow Guardians have started to believe even our greatest weapon the Green Energy of Willpower is enough to take down every single threat of the universe.

The other Guardians believer these fears are unfounded and that the Green Energy of Willpower is more than enough. I do believe it is the strongest weapon we have but I do not believe it has to be our only weapon.

There are some beings in the universe, who doubt they are safe if they come under attack. I believe the simply need one thing:






HOPE

Author's Note:

That is that story done.

Comments ( 6 )

3671883 neo buddy can you please start giving comments other than just the word bravo
What do you I think of theme last chapters

I'm hesitant to read anything with the title "Super Friends": I'm reminded of that cartoon. *Shivers.*
Still, I'll give this a read.

Someone should make a youtube movie or video series of this. Hey I have you tube channel I could do that!

cornholio4,

Which MLP character did you choose for Black Canary? I noticed that you identified the others:

- Twilight Sparkle / Green Lantern
- Rarity / Batman
- Applejack / Superman
- Rainbow Dash / Flash
- Pinkie Pie / Green Arrow
- Fluttershy / Wonder Woman
- Derpy / Martian Manhunter
- Spike / Shazam
- Lord Tydal / Aquaman (awesome name, BTW)
- Trixie / Booster Gold


But, Black Canary’s alias isn’t named. Who did you choose for that hero?

10854204
Wasn’t me who decided most of them but I think it was cheese sandwich as the canary stand in

10854204
Plus tydal is an oc of someone else so credit belongs elsewhere

Login or register to comment