• Published 10th Dec 2013
  • 1,750 Views, 19 Comments

Super Friends of Equestria - cornholio4



Equestria is in danger of a great threat, that lives in the centre of the planet itself, the heroes of Equestria have to band together to stop this menace!

  • ...
4
 19
 1,750

Uh Oh....

“On the planet Mars our race was able to change our shape into any form that we wanted. Our technology was about a billion years ahead of Equestria’s and we lived in relative peace.

But then tragedy struck.........

Mars ran out of muffins!

So I created a rocket ship and with my daughter Ditz’ae we came to Equestria where there were plenty of muffins. We took the shape of ponies (though I made a mistake during mine hence the eye but when I looked in the mirror I decided I liked the way i looked so I kept it) and we started new lives in Ponyville where I took a job as a mail carrier!”

Applejack and Dash both looked at Derpy slack jawed, “so let me get this straight......” Applejack asked with a disbelieved look on her face “you are really a Martian scientist who took her daughter and abandoned her home and everyone she ever knew all because THERE WERE NO MUFFINS LEFT?”

“I like muffins....” Derpy responded and they then noticed Mare Do Well, Pinkie, Tydal and Fluttershy who were clapping to the story.

“How long have you all been there, sugarcubes?” Applejack asked wondering why they didn’t notice them there.

“Since Derpy started wailing on that caped alicorn.” Pinkie said excitedly “that story is so cool!”

“So Derpy do you want to help us take these Shadow Ponies down?” asked Dash and Derpy nodded excitedly, then the group of now seven superheroes then began to work fighting the Shadow Ponies.

As they were doing this they saw the sun in the sky was going down for something and being replaced by the moon. As the heroes were busy fighting the Shadow Ponies one lingering thought was among them:

What force were they fighting that was powerful enough to lower the sun?

**

In Ponyville a white unicorn with a megaphone for a Cutie Mark by the name of Rabble Rouser was standing on a wooden block with a bullhorn he telekinetically had to his mouth shouting “beware my friends for the end of Equestria is here! The Guards and the so called Princess Celestia has failed to protect us from this apocalypse! The so called superheroes that have been popping up are nowhere to be found and we are all doomed thanks to the negligence of...........”

“AH PUT A SOCK IN IT!!!” shouted a civilian who started throwing stuff as Rabble causing him to run away. Most of the ponies were running in terror or in the case of the military fight back against the Shadow Ponies.

“Princess Celestia I must go and make sure Twiley is alright!” Shining Armor told Princess Celestia who looked worried and thought it over.

“Okay since we need to save as many ponies as possible in Equestria you are authorised to bring a squadron of guards to Ponyville.” Princess Celestia as she went to see her sister Princess Luna to try and think of a reason why the sun went down.

Shining Armor smiled in appreciation, he need to have hope that Twilight will make this out okay. “Okay who wants to come with me?” Shining asked and several of his closest friends in the Royal Guard put their hooves up.

Flash Sentry was one of those who volunteered; he was worried for the mare he was getting closer to........ he might even liked her as more than a friend.

“Shining I am coming with you.” Princess Cadence said flying up to Shining’s group; Cadence had recently accepted a marriage proposal from Shining which they had yet to tell Twilight about.

“Are you sure Cadence? I don’t want you getting hurt....” Shining said but was silenced by a kiss from his fiancé.

“She is the filly I foalsat for years and she is practically my sister in all but blood.” Cadence told Shining and the look in her eyes made Shining realise he was not going to win this argument.

“Fine then....” Shining said after sighing making Cadence smile, he and his selected group began going into chariots that would take them to Ponyville.

“See? Our Royal Guard have realised how hopeless this all is and are fleeing....” Rabble said noticing this only to start running away again as rotten tomatoes began being thrown at him.

**

Twilight, Trixie and Captain Alicorn managed to get to the centre of the Everfree Forest where they saw a large colourful tree.

The place was covered with Shadow Ponies who then laughed as they faced the trio and said in unison.

Come to your demise heroes? Welcome to the Tree of Harmony source of all magic in Equestria, once I harvest it’s power I will rule all!

“Come out and show yourself!” Captain Alicorn snarled and the Shadow ponies shared a collective laugh.

“He is in the middle of the center of the entire planet.” Trixie explained to the shock of the fellow heroes.

Indeed I am, I was banished here long ago but soon I will escape my prison, truth be told a thousand years ago I managed to get a piece of me through that latched onto the jealousy that Princess Luna felt and offered to help her make her dream of eternal night a reality!

Wait so you were the one who corrupted Princess Luna!” Twilight exclaimed growing furious and the Shadow Ponies nodded their heads in unison.

Yes it was part of a plan for there already be an eternal night world for me to rule once I escaped but you foiled that plan Green Lantern! You will not foil this plan for once I have destroyed you all I will destroy the Princesses and use the Tree of Harmony to rule this entire world!

Not as long as we stand to fight!” Twilight shouted and the three superheroes began fighting against the Shadow Ponies.

Twilight began using a boxing glove construct to fight the Shadow Ponies, Trixie began blasting them with her gauntlets and Captain Alicorn was fighting them with his lightning bolt powered punches.

He then remembered something, the Pony of Shadows said he was at the centre of the planet, he now had an idea!

Grinning he started tunnelling to the ground, “What is that big purple cheesecake up to?” wondered Trixie wide eyed as she and Twilight looked at this in confusion.

Captain Alicorn managed to reach the part of the underground the shadows that was the Pony of Shadow’s physical form, right underneath the Tree of Harmony. He then started punching at it.

Unknown to him the Pony of Shadows had managed to merge with the Plunderseeds that Discord planted underneath the tree before Princesses Luna and Discord defeated him with the Elements of Harmony (which were still in the castle due to in this universe Twilight never managed to go search for them before she was recruited into the Green Lantern Corps).

The Pony of Shadows managed to use a tentacle to snatch a piece of Discord’s mane from Captain Alicorn’s cape (Told you that it would be important).

The shadow then became a multicoloured blob and it flew out of the hole and Captain Alicorn managed to fly out of it as well before it sealed up. The blob then merged with the Shadow Ponies that was in the area.

Combined with the piece of Discord and the magic of the Tree of Harmony that he managed to absorb, he then transformed into a giant cross between Discord and a stallion version of Nightmare Moon.

The Pony of Shadows had a new physical form, “Time to continue my triumph, I will finish destroy you all later!!” the Pony of Shadows then said that was a cross between Discord and Nightmare Moon’s Voice. He then began flying to Ponyville to make his presence known.

“Nice going you big purple cheesecake!” Trixie shouted enraged with a glare at Captain Alicorn who was looking down and Twilight was looking a bit worried.

Captain Alicorn was supposed to stop this menace but he only managed to make it worse, what would his mentor Discord say if he knew that he basically let him and all of Equestria down with this?

**

Back in the Rock of Eternity Discord had been watching this through a portal, he simply shrugged and said “hey at least I tried, oh well time to prepare for the end of Equestria!"

**

Come on, we may still have a chance to stop him!” Twilight said flying after the pony of Shadows along with Trixie who was still glaring at the caped alicorn and Captain Alicorn who realised he had to stay strong if there was going to be a chance to still stop this monster pony.

He also had his showdown with his rival Black Garble to do, unaware that said Black garble was at the moment lying unconscious in the middle of the Dragon Wastelands.

The final battle would be starting soon with the fate of Equestria at stake:

Get your popcorn ready and start placing your bets!

Author's Note:

Rabble Rouser comes from Darth Link 22's awesome story Families who he has allowed me to use.

The tree picture belongs to xPesifeindx of Deviantart.

Two more chapters left: a two final battle and an epilogue.