• Published 27th Nov 2013
  • 703 Views, 12 Comments

Hearthfire The Sands Of Time - Predman1227

  • ...
6
 12
 703

Chapter 27:The Golden Egg

Chapter 27:The Golden Egg


(Theran Razorblade)

It had been sometime after they made camp by the road. Theran figured it was a better idea to wait till morning to approach Splinter bay rather than night, like he had originally planed. In that time Haze’s concussion had dissipated and her pupils had returned to normal size but she was in no way fit to use magic yet. Sapphire was still groggy from her injuries and was still complaining, to Theran’s annoyance. But she too was on the mend but still not ready for a fight if one came their way. Which only left him, Violet and Teven.

Teven had been nursing her damaged shoulder ever since their encounter with the strange per of so called traders they encountered yesterday, but was overall in fighting shape. As for Violet, well that was another story entirely. The way they had acted yesterday was still playing in Theran’s mind, how close they had been, the alluring feelings. It bothered Theran, bothered him to how he could be so careless, to deny what he truly felt. One side of him wanted that affection, yearned for it. He knew full well the messages, the signals she was sending him and yet he made it seem like there was nothing at all, that they could never be more than friends. Maybe he should just give in to these feelings and let fate take its coarse. Then again there was his other side, his logical side that told him such a thing was a foolish thing to want and only led to more pain.

Still he couldn’t forget the gesture Violet showed to him by giving him something he didn’t even ask for. He’d have to repay her some how but right now there were more stressful things to attend to.

The morning sun hung low but bright in the sky and from the far hill Theran and the others found themselves on, they could see the river-side village of Splinter Bay. Even from this distance Theran could smell the different scents of cargo from the ships that sailed in and the ponies that lived and traded there. He could see them coming and going, his wolf like eyes giving him almost perfect long-rang vision. Teven must of seen more though since she was pure Wolven, but even with her keen sight she couldn’t see what he was looking for.

“Sooo why are we up here again?” Sapphire asked, knocking Theran out of his thoughts.

With a grumbled sigh Theran turned to the young Pegasus who was standing next to Haze, who still wore the eye-patch Tinker Joe had given her. “We’re up here so that who ever is down there canny see us.”

“And who are these ponies exactly?” She asked, frustrating Theran more.

“I dinny cen.” Theran stated, then said to Violet who was next to him. “But we have a rough idea don’t we.”

Violet nodded. “Yeah. It’s still a little hard to believe that these same ponies have been after you and Haze all this time.”

Theran nodded but Sapphire still persisted. “But I still don’t get why we’re up here.”

Theran sighed and gestured for her to come up beside him. “Let me show you.” She came up beside him, looking a little worried at to what he might do. “Look down there.” She did and he continued. “We dinny know if the ones who’ve been after us are down there but if they are, they’ll have spies watching every pony coming and going and most likely taking note. If we walk right in there, we’ll be walking into a trap.”

Sapphire looked confused but seemed to be grasping what he was saying. “So…how do we get in there without them seeing us?”

Theran half smiled as he chuckled. “Oh you and Haze are staying up here while Violet and I go down there and look for the Golden Egg inn.”

“What?! But we can help.” Haze protested.

“No.” Violet stated, her voice firm and absolute. “This is no game Haze and you two are in no shape for a fight, even if the possibility of a fight is low.”

Haze huffed in defeat. “Fine! But what’s Teven gunna do?” She asked as she glanced at the tall Wolven.

Theran’s grin increased. “That’s where things get really interesting.”


(Teven)

“You sure this is a good plan Pack Leader?” Teven asked into the Trotty-talky. The device was so small in her paw it was almost hidden from view. She didn’t really understand how the thing did what it did but she could not deny its usefulness.

There was a crackly sound from the device and Theran’s voice came in. “Why not? How often dose a Wolven just walk right into a pony village and get ignored?”

Teven gulped slightly as she walked on the dirt path leading into Splinter Bay. “I would not know, I have never done this before.”

“First time for everything.” Theran replied in an enthusiastic way. “Now just remember, no sudden movements, walk like you belong and if things do go south do not hurt anypony and get the hell out. Understand?”

“I understand that this is crazy.” Teven remarked.

“You’ll be fine, now pipe down and stick to the plan.”

Teven hide the Trotty-talky in one of her pouches and continued to walk toward the village. There were no guards on the road nor were there any watch towers or any form of defences. She guessed since she was so deep in the Barrier lands, such defences were not needed since no one ever thought a Wolven would get in so far. A few passers by noticed her and stared at her in disbelief as she walked on by paying them no heed. “All a part of the plan.” Teven assured herself.

The more she walked toward the village the more Thunderfoots she passed by and the more eyes that followed her stride. She was expressionless as she strode two legged into Splinter Bay and eyed the crowed that parted before her. There were so many smells here she felt almost overwhelmed by them. The smell of salt, iron, socked wood, damp, baked bread and so many others. But there was one smell that grew the more she walked.

Fear.

The scent was so potent it sent chills down her spine and to the tip of her bushy tail. The predator in her yearned to give that fear meaning, to give it something to feed off of. But she had to control herself. She was a disciplined warrior not a mindless monster that these hooflings made her out to be. She was so far in now that the crowd was getting thicker.

She had never seen so many Hooflings and she betted they had never seen a Wolven this far in land before. So many eyes, so many colours, shapes and sizes. Just when she thought this was too easy, a lot of the Thunderfoots stood their ground and stopped her from moving any further.

She stood there and eyed each and everyone of them, sizing them up with the intensity of her eyes. Then one of them spoke, a larger green Earth male with a straggled beard. “Turn back dog!” The Earth male stated in a threatening tone. “Your kind ante welcome here.”

Teven didn’t even flinch as she said calmly. “Why, I am not doing any harm.”

The Earth male scowled at her and so did his followers. “Your kind has killed more ponies than we can count. You’re a monster and a murderer.”

Teven placed her paws on her hips and gave him a dismal look. “And yet you are able to speak to me. If I were a mindless monster, I would be eating you instead of talking.”

The male knew what she was doing. She was toying with him and cared little for what he was saying. It wasn’t her who killed the countless many so why should she care? “Don’t play me you two legged freak!” Teven raised a brow at that as the male continued his rant. “I lost good friends and family to your kind, we all have.”

Teven sighed deeply and she rubbed the bridge of her snout with one paw. “That is tragic and all, but I did not kill your friends or family so your words are meaningless to me.”

That sparked a rage in the male as his face distorted into an angry scowl. “Get out our village!” He yelled and so did many others. Her ears twitched as she ducked under a rock that was thrown at her. The anger in the air was so thick it was all she could smell. All around her the hooflings advanced on her, throwing mud and rocks left and right. She was backed up into a corner and some rocks and mud hit her armour.

They chanted harsh words like, monster, savage, bitch and many others. She wasn’t scared of them but their sheer numbers of was a little unsettling. She could tear through them all with her bare claws if she wanted to. But she would honour Theran’s wishes and not cause physical harm. But he said nothing about scaring them. “You are making a mistake.” Teven stated confidently.

“And why’s that!” The same green male asked in anger.

Teven smiled lustfully and caught a glint of fear from the mob in front of her. “You never heard the rule?” She flexed her claws. “Never corner a wild animal.”

Before anyone could move Teven eyed a stack of tied down barrels and with her sharp claws she cut them free. They all rolled out into the crowd and Teven then used this distraction to make her escape by leaping onto one of the building’s roof tops and made a beeline for the forest by jumping from roof top to roof top, damaging roof tiles as she went. Many winged ones procured her and a few horned ones, but Teven was too quick for them as she dodged rocks and spells. But she couldn’t loos them this way, she had to find a way to get out of sight.

As she landed on a lone rooftop she caught the scent of something. Baking flower, there was a whole cart full of it stacked neatly in sacks below her. She grinned madly as she looked over her shoulder and saw the winged ones closing in. “Cannon ball!” Teven roared and jumped flank first onto the pile of flower.

The sacks exploded from her sheer weight and kicked up a massive white cloud that destroyed all visibility. Hooflings cried out in fright and confusion while a massive furry shadow darted away out the fog and into the forest.


(Theran Razorblade)

“Well…she defiantly made a distraction alright.” Violet stated as she and Theran witnessed the massive flower cloud over yonder. The two had made it into Splinter Bay completely ignored do to Teven’s unexpected show.

“She did a good job.” Theran said with a smirk. “Now let’s make the most of it.”

While everypony was preoccupied Theran snatched two hooded cloaks from a vender and gave one to Violet as he strapped on his. Her one was light brown while his was black. Keeping as low a profile as possible they moved away from the startled crowd and explored the village together. After Teven’s show died down the streets resumed its normal atmosphere and the ponies went about their day again. He had never really been to a river settlement before so all of this was new for him. The smell, the sights everything was fresh. He liked this feeling, discovering something new. “This place is so…different.” Violet said as she too, took in the sights around her.

Theran smiled at that. “Well this place is new to me too. I’ve never really been to a place like this before.”

Violet looked shocked. “Really? I thought you of all ponies would have been to a place like this.”

“Nope.” Theran stated. “First time. I’ve been more of a highland pony and never really seen these places before.”

Violet chuckled at that, making him raise his brow in amusement. “Well I guess we’re both out of our depth here.”

“Did you just make a river pun?” Theran asked in astonishment.

Violet made a stupid grin and rolled her eyes. “Maybe.”

Theran smiled but shook his head. “Ha well call me pleasantly surprised.” They laughed as they passed the docks and Theran looked over to it in wonder. The ships docked there were something to behold, finely crafted, perfectly balanced and large, carrying 40 maybe even 50 passengers at a time.

“Wow what…what are those things?” Violet asked as her eyes fixed on them.

“They’re boats.” Theran answered. “They carry ponies from place to place by the river.”

“Wow.” Violet said in awe. “Can we use one to get to the Heart Land?”

It was a good question, one Theran hadn’t considered. “You know that’s not a bad i…” Theran stopped mid sentence when his eyes scanned across a gold sign on a lone building by the docks. It was the Golden Egg inn. Theran put a hoof up and Violet stopped, looking at him in confusion till he pointed at the inn. “That’s our target.” Theran stated, now more serious.

“How do you want to approach this?” Violet asked.

There weren’t many ways they could approach this, not without string up something. But one thing was certain. “I can’t go in there.” Theran finally said in a low voice.

Violet looked confused as she stared at him. “What? Why not?”

“If I go in and this Silver is in there too, she’ll recognise me even with this get up.” He gestured to his cloak.

“Then what are we gunna do?” Violet asked.

“Simple.” He placed a hoof on Violet’s chest plate. “You go in.”

Violet looked taken aback. “W-what, why me?”

Theran explained. “They know what I look like, but they don’t know what you look like. Go in, scout the place and if you find any silver mares you come straight out, back to me. I’ll wait here.”

Violet looked unsure for a moment or two as she looked at the inn with calculated eyes. Then sucking in a deep breath she pulled herself together and walked up and endured the inn.

Theran watched her as she went through the door and felt something odd. He felt a sense of worry so strong he felt his hooves twitch. He said he would wait but he couldn’t stand here, he needed to do something. He looked around for well, anything and noticed a few venders. One of which was selling trinkets. “Well…I guess it couldn’t hurt.” Theran thought as he looked one more time at the inn and then moved to the vender across the street. He guessed he would blend in better this way.

He approached the stale but no pony seemed to be attending it. He read the sign above it and it said ‘Gold Rush’s Golden accessories’. Just when he was about to take a look a pure white Pegasus Mare with a black and white mane popped out from under the stale and startled him. “HIYA!” The Mare greeted in a high pitch voice and intense but delighted golden eyes. “I’m Sally Gold Rush, welcome to the Gold Rush’s accessories.” She had a very kid-ish but gentle voice and Theran relaxed.

Her eyes went wide when she saw his startled expression. “Oh my I’m sorry I didn’t mean to scare you.” She looked worried but Theran cleared the air.

“It’s ok you just surprised me is all.” The look of relief on her face eased Theran’s tense mind.

“Oh that’s good then, I thought you were going to turn away for a second. Any whooo, how can I help you good Sir?”

Theran was a little lost for words till he noticed the mark on her flank, a golden crown. “You’re from the Heart Land I take it?”

Sally nodded with a warm smile. “Mhm, sure am. I travelled up here to sell my wears to the Ponies of the Barrier Lands…that and I’m bankrupt so I’m hoping to make some bits here to pay off my bills…yeah.” Theran nodded in sympathy. “You from around here?” Sally asked.

Theran shook his hooded head. “No, I’m from the Highlands of the Barrier Lands.”

Sally looked amazed. “Wow really? I hear it’s really cold up there.”

“It’s always cold in the Barrier Lands, ever in summer.” Theran stated with a sigh. He eyed the many trinkets, all made of gold. “You make these yourself?” Theran asked with a hint of interest in his tone.

Sally’s golden eyes lit up. “Oh yes every one of them. I’m hoping to sell them all and get enough to pay my bills back home. See anything you like?”

Theran looked at the different trinkets and there were so many. Some were cups, rings, ear-rings, necklaces and even cutlery. There was one that caught his eye though. A round pocket watch with a chain long enough to fit around a Mare’s neck. He levitated it in his magic and smiled. “How much for this?” He asked, with a happy glint in his eye.

Sally closed her eyes and smiled. “That will be 50 bits please.”

His smiled vanished. 50 bits was a lot of money and was he really willing to spend that much on a pocket watch? Violet was getting better a reading time now and this watch would help with her practise a lot. But then he thought about how much it would cost for a boat ride to the Heart Land. He grit his teeth. “Sod it.” Theran thought. What he said was. “I’ll take it.”


(Violet)

The doors swung shut behind Violet when she entered the inn. It was a small place, nothing like Rest Pit’s where the walls were nicely far apart and not cramped like this one. It also smelled different too, like salt and not oak like in Rest Pit. There were ponies in here, lots of them, almost too many. She still had room to move as she walked in but she couldn’t help but feel like any movement from the others around her would get her squished.

“Stay calm Violet.” She thought to herself as she breathed slowly. “Everything’s fine.”

She didn’t like small spaces. She wasn’t Closter photic but something about tiny areas made her feel uneasy. No other knew the feeling of being trapped in a small place better than her and she physically shivered at the thought of cages.

She had to keep it together though, she had it find a silver Mare and report it back to Theran. Now question was, where were the silver Mares? All the ponies in here were many colours except silver. She walked among them and still couldn’t find any silver Mares. There was an upstairs with a few rooms but she couldn’t just go up and knock on every door to see who’s inside, that would just cause suspicion.

With an annoyed frown, Violet walked up to the bar and took a load off on one of the stools lined up by it. There appeared to be no pony attending the bar so she swivelled around and leaned back on the bar, resting her weight on her elbows. She gazed out at the ponies in front of her and some glanced in her direction but only for a second before looking back at what they were doing. She sighed heavily. “Appeases there’s no silver Mares in here.” Violet thought, a bit of frustration setting in. “Just great.”

She lost her focus and drifted of into her thoughts while she sat there. She was still having flash backs to the cabin and all those Mercs she killed. She had been angry then and wasn’t thinking straight, now that it had been sometime she felt a little regretful. Some of them hadn’t even drawn weapons on her and she just cut them down like it was nothing. Had she killed them for nothing?

She shook her head and tried thinking of something else. She thought of Theran’s expression when she gave him the compass and then the moment they had after that. She was sure he felt something he had to. He just had that look in his eyes, that told her he did, but how was she going to approach this? How was she going to make a move? Those thoughts will have to wait cause Violet felt a tap on her right shoulder and she jumped in her seat.

She half spun around one her and came face to face with a Mare, but not just any Mare. This Mare was a Unicorn with a silver coat. “Oh I apologies.” The Mare said in an elegant voice. “I didny mean to startle you.”

Violet’s mind was blank for a long moment as she just stared at the Mare. Her fur was more white than silver but when the light hit it, it reflected like silver. But that’s where the silveryness ended. The rest of her like her mane was ginger and she had sharp blue eyes. She also had a very noticeable scar on her left cheek, a little like her own.

“Uh are you alright Miss?” Violet blinked and looked straight into the Mare’s gaze. “You look like you’ve see a ghost.”

Violet coughed and her cheeks turned a shade of red. “Oh uh sorry I just uh…spaced out. Yeah I spaced out.”

“That happen often to ya?” The Mare asked with a questioning look.

Violet felt her stomach tighten as she thought of what to say and just sorta blurted it out. “Uh y-yeah I space out all the time. Ponies say I think too much and should just relax but I can’t help it ha…ha.”

The Mare gave her an odd look as she leaned on her bar. “Ooook? Take it you’re new around here? I don’t recognize you.”

“Yep, yep I am completely new and have never been here before.” Violet was cursing herself on the inside for looking so stupid and bloody questionable.

The Mare slowly leaned away. “Right, and you are?”

Violet thought about using her own name but thought better of it. “My name is…Vi-V-Violin.”

“Violin?” The Mare questioned with a raise of her brow. “That’s…an interesting name to have.” Violet just coughed awkwardly into one of her hooves and the Mare seemed to ease off, for now. “Ok well, my name is Silver and this is my inn the Golden Egg. Would you like a drink?”

Violet found that offer tempting since she hadn’t had a good drink in a while but she had to stop herself. “Um, no thanks I’m good.” She tapped her hooves. “So uh…what’s the word around here?”

Silver stepped back and returned to all fours as she looked out the window near them. “Not much really. Ships come and go and with them come many stories of some sort of disturbance in the far West. Could be nothing really, but luckily I’m not sticking around for very long to find out if they’re true.”

Violet’s ears perked up at that. “Oh you’re going on a trip?”

Silver shrugged. “You could say that. This isn’t the only inn I own so I have to check up on them once in a while. Speaking of which I have to leave you now, talk to one of my boys if you ever change your mind about that drink. Ta ta.”

Silver turned a disappeared behind a door leading into a back room and Violet waited for a second before she got up and calmly walked out of the inn. It felt freeing to get out of there and into the wide open space of the streets again. A cool breeze blew by as she tried to spot Theran. After a few seconds she did, seeing him by a building’s shadow and blending in rather well. She quickly approached him and he noticed her coming. “Vi, you were gone for a while there. I was just about to come look for you.”

Violet came up close to him a kept her voice down. “Sorry I got held up but listen. I found a silver Mare in there the only one and she was speaking to me.”

“She spoke to you?” Theran questioned, also keeping his voice down. “What about?”

“Nothing really important but she did say she was leaving for some other inn.”

“I take it you got a good look at her?” Theran asked.

“Yeah, she was right up in my face. She’s also not that silver either, she’s got a ginger mane and blue eyes.”

“Is her name Silver?” Theran asked suddenly.

“Uh yeah.” Violet confirmed with a raise of one side of her brow.

“Did she also have a scar on her left cheek?” He also asked suddenly.

Violet narrowed her eyes in confusion. “How do you know that?” She asked.

Theran cast his gaze to the ground as he seemed to be recalling something. “Cause we’ve met before.” And as if on point, the Mare herself came out of a door from behind the inn carrying a bag with her. Theran looked over and narrowed his eyes as the Mare walked off. “Come, let’s see where she goes.”



(Sapphire)

Scratching one of her many itchy wounds, Sapphire pouted in boredom as she gazed at the fire of their hidden camp. Teven had showed up again out of nowhere covered in white powder, which she discovered was nothing but flower. Now the massive Wolven was cleaning herself, licking off and rolling around in some snow and dirt in attempt to get the flower out her fur. It was actually pretty amusing to watch, you never really think of them as dogs until you see one rolling around in dirt making funny sounds.

While Teven rolled around, Sapphire looked over to the other side of the camp and noticed Haze sitting alone, staring off into the distant mountains, her lovely mane gently blowing in the wind.

Sapphire had been fighting with her inner self, of how to tell Haze how she felt. The more she thought about it, the more she wanted to tell her and now the wait became too much to bare.

Without much thought she rose from her spot and started to walk slowly toward Haze. “Damn it what am I doing?” Sapphire thought as she approached Haze. “What am I going to say? How am I going to say it?” Her heart began to race the closer she got, and by the time she was half a meter away, Haze’s ear twitched.

“OH, hi Sapph.” Haze greeted as she turned her head to look at her.

Sapphire’s heart was beating so fast she felt woozy and her face was heating up so much it was hard to think. “Uh h-hi Haze.” She stammered. “En-enjoying a view?”

Haze looked back out onto the vast landscape once more. “Yes, it’s very peaceful up here. Make’s me almost forget there’s ponies out there who want to hurt us.”

Sapphire felt her heart grow heavy as she listened to Haze’s words. She also felt a lump in her throat as she tried to speak. “Haze…uh…I…I was, uh…I…um…(deep breath) Haze I was wondering…”

Before Sapphire could finish what she wanted to ask, Haze turned around and with her uncovered eye, looked Sapphire right in her own. “Sapphire before you ask me whatever it is you want to ask, I want to ask you something first.” Sapphire’s blood went cold at that. Had she done something wrong? Haze’s gaze suddenly wavered and she looked to the ground as she asked in an unsure way. “Do…do you…like me?”

Sapphire swore her heart stopped beating for a full 2 seconds for her body went completely numb. She just stood there wide eyed and staring at Haze, as if the sun goddess herself had appeared before her and offered her a cookie. A wheezy sound escaped Sapphire’s mouth and she repeated this sound three times before she spoke. “Uh…um…YEAH!? I like you, why wouldn’t I…”

“That’s not what I mean Sapph.” Haze cut in and drew a little closer to her. “Do you…like, like me?” Sapphire was speechless and after a moment of awkward silence, Haze continued to speak. “I ask this cause I…I’ve noticed you’ve been acting rather…differently since we left Rest Pit, and…and there’s something else…” Haze was blushing from ear to ear now as she glanced anywhere but Sapphire’s eyes. “I…I don’t know how…but I…sense something between us. And to me…it feels like you…”

“Yes!”

Haze looked surprised as she was cut short. “Wh-what did you say?”

Sapphire’s heart pounded so hard it felt like it would explode. She sat down and took hold of Haze’s hoof and everything she wanted to say for ages all just came out. “Yes, yes there is something between us, I really, really, really think you are a wonderful Mare, with a cute voice, gorgeous eyes, A WONDERFUL WAY WITH WORDS!!!” She started feeling light headed. “You have an adorable nose, AMAZING HIPS!!! And the nicest pony I’ve ever met and the only pony I want to be with forever and ever and EVER!!!”

Silence engulfed the camp.

Sapphire felt so drained now and thought she was going to pass out. Her head hung low and she weakly looked up into Haze’s eyes. Her face was so red it looked like her skin was on fire. She just stared at Sapphire with a blank expression and that’s when a rock like feeling formed in Sapphire’s stomach. “OOOOHHH I screwed up!” Sapphire thought in alarm. “I’m sorry…” She said. She covered her face in shame. “I should have known you didn’t feel the same way.” She was on the brink of tears this was so humiliating. Just when she thought she was going to fall in a pit of madness, she felt something on her shoulder. She moved her hooves from her face and looked up again.

Haze was smiling at her and, she looked like she was tearing up. “That…was the strangest, most confusing, but sweetest thing anypony has ever said to me.”

Sapphire’s eyes widened and they widened even more when Haze suddenly moved in and kissed her on her left cheek. Her wings extended out in a sudden ploomf and she didn’t care that her other wing hurt cause of it.

Haze backed up after a few seconds and took up a very shy posture, while Sapphire stayed stiff and rigged like a statue. The shock of what just happened had left her paralyzed and Haze finally looked at her in concern. “Uh…Sapph? Sapph are you ok?” She leaned over and pocked her once and still she was as stiff as a rock. “Oh no I broke her.” Haze said to herself.

Sapphire regained her senses and relaxed her body. A question played across Haze’s face and Sapphire asked her own. “You…you felt the same way...all this time?”

Haze rubbed the back of her neck, nerves. “I never really knew what I was feeling, but all this changes that. Yes Sapph, I do.”

Sapphire smiled with a tear in her eye and embraced Haze. “This is so surreal I can’t believe it.”

“Yeah, me either.” Haze said as she returned the hug.

They pulled away slowly and Sapphire asked. “So is it alright now if… if I…” She pointed at her lips and then to Haze’s cheek.

Haze smiled with a giggle. “Yes Sapph I guess you can.”

Heart racing, Sapphire leaned in and quickly kissed Haze on her cheek and she blushed and made a silly grin. Sapphire squeaked with delight. “OOOOOO You have no idea how long I’ve waited to do that!”

They both began to laugh at their awkwardness till they heard a gruff cough and looked over at Teven who was sitting by the fire with most of the flower out her fur. “Dose all this touching and kissing mean you are going to mate now?”


(Theran Razorblade)

Following at a safe distance, Theran and Violet stalked the silver Mare through the streets of Splinter Bay for a good 30 minutes. They hadn’t said a word to each other as they waved through crowd after crowd in the narrow part of town. The Mare had stopped on occasion, looking back and scanning the area for anything out of place. Theran had no clue if she had seen them or not but the Mare just kept on walking. Soon the crowds lessened and their cover dwindled, making it difficult to stay unnoticed. Soon there was only them walking the streets and Theran got a bad feeling in the pit of his stomach, as he and Violet had to stay way behind to make sure the Mare didn’t see them, hiding behind crates and corners of buildings.

Then suddenly she was gone. She had completely vanished and alarms went off in Theran’s head. “Where did she go?!” Violet asked in alarm.

Theran narrowed his eyes as he scanned where the Mare was last. “I don’t know, I dinny like this. Keep your eyes sharp.” He stood on his hind legs and drew his sword, as did Violet. They slowly advanced down the lone, eerie street, keeping their wits about them. A damp fog had blow in, reducing their visual rang. “Steady Vi, steady.” Theran stated and she nodded without a word.

A masked and hooded pony in black leather gear suddenly sprang out of a dark ally way wielding a dagger and with a loud battle cry, tried to downward stab Theran in his head. Letting reflex take over, Theran back stepped away from the pony, undone his cloak and threw it at him. The pony got enveloped in the cloak, thrashing his forelimbs wildly in attempt to get it off but Theran quickly stepped forward and drove his blade into the pony’s gut. There was some loud guttural cough before the pony fell over dead and Theran removed his blade.

Violet had already drawn her own weapon by now and was dealing with another pony in a similar fashion. But he couldn’t help her out since two more of the buggers appeared from on top of the buildings, wielding stun sticks. Theran quickly took up his stance and parried the first wild strike from the nearest pony, knocking his weapon to the side.
Gritting his teeth in concentration he elbowed the first in the face with his sword arm, then side stepped the second’s strike and fluidly counter swung his sword for the pony’s wrist. He didn’t sever it off but he did nick the pony’s main artery as blood squirted out of the tiny wound with each beat of the pony’s heart. While the second fell to the floor in panic as he live blood drained from him, the first came back in for another go, swinging for his hind legs.

He barely had enough time to jump up in the air, the stun stick sparking on contact with the bottoms of his metal boots. As he came back down Theran quickly thrust his sword for the pony’s neck and cut a neat hole in his jugular vain. As the pony fell gripping his throat, Theran got no break as an arrow pinged off his right shoulder guard.
He took a quick glance up at one building and saw an archer loading another arrow in his bow. He fired and with a fluid move, Theran deflected it with the flat of his sword. Using his magic he gathered up and then throw a simple fireball at the archer. It didn’t hit him but it did explode over his target, showering him with burning embers. The pony archer bust into flames and screamed in agony as his leather barding melted to his shin and he fell from his perch giving Theran a chance to catch his breath.

Violet was a whirlwind of cuts, slashes and stabs as she blocked and parried her attackers with speed and grace. Theran took a moment to admire the beauty of her movements before he had to act. Teleporting to her side, he popped a kinetic blast right in the face of one pony and stopped another from stabbing Violet in the back, by kicking him away. Slamming back-to-back, Theran and Violet pointed their weapons out ward toward their foes whom gathered around them like moths to a flame. There had to be a least 10 or 15 of them and they didn’t move, keeping a safe distance from Theran and Violet’s blades.

“Well…this was bloody predicable.” Violet stated as she panted slightly, catching her breath.

“And yet we walked right into it.” Theran also stated as he twitched his sword slightly, making the hooded ponies jump. “How do you want to play this?” He asked her.

Violet sounded surprised. “Ha you’re letting me come up with the plan? That’s new.”

“Hey just thought I’d be nice for a change.” Theran joked, as their enemy inched closer.

“Don’t start being a gentlecolt on me now Theran.” Violet also joked over her shoulder. “There’s a time and a place for that.”

“Maybe we should focus on the guys trying to kill us huh.” Theran suggested.

“Yeah let’s. I got the six on the right.” Violet stated in a more serious manner.

“I got the nine the left.” Theran also stated. “Ready?”

“You only live once!” Violet confirmed.

As Violet lunged at her targets with speed and power of her blade, Theran extended his free hoof and with his magic he let forth a jet of flame that spat out at his targets. Four of them caught fire and fell to the ground rolling in panic while the rest staggered back from the heat. Theran wasted no time jumping in amongst them and took three out with a few well-placed stabs and slashes for their vitals. Blood fountained everywhere, staining his face and armour. Metal clanged on metal as Theran blocked and parried his enemy’s attacks. Some attacks got through and clanged off his armour but two got through the gaps on his left arm and right hind leg. Sensing he was getting overwhelmed he spread his hind legs apart and brought his free hoof down hard on the ground as he let loose a concussive wave of energy. All his foes went flying into building walls or nearby crates with enough force to kill two of them but most were still breathing as they struggled to get up. He quickly finished off the nearest ones with swift stabs to their throats or stomachs, or grabbed them by their manes to either slam their heads into a wall or cave them in on the ground.

It was brutal, messy and it tickled at his blood rage. He had to fight it, stay in control. This distracted him from the fight and he didn’t notice a ball of kinetic energy come flying toward him and it was too late to react as it slammed into his chest plate. Even with armour it still hurt like hell as he was sent flying off his hooves and into a wall, cracking its surface. He hit his head hard enough for his vision to black out of a second before he found himself face down on the muddy ground.

There was a ringing in his ears as he tried to shake off the dizziness. Through his blurry vision he saw Violet getting overwhelmed. There were too many of them for her to handle on her own and as she drove her sword into one’s chest before others stuck stun sticks in her back and she cried out in pain. Her screams snapped Theran out of it and he sprang to his hooves. He was about to charge when the Silver Mare appeared a meter in front of him.

“That’s far enough Razor!” She said with a confident tone in her voice.

Theran halted in his tracks and stared down the Mare in front of him. Passed her Violet was being held hostage with a dagger pressed against her throat. He took in the Mare’s radiating anger with a complement. “Nice little trick you got there.” Theran pointed out in a none humorous way. “Invisibility is no easy spell to pull off, especially for one so young as yourself.”

The Mare scoffed at him. “Your flattery is wasted dog. I don’t need it nor much care for it.” The hate in her voice was resilient and her eyes burned with contained rage. “You ruined everything for me six years ago!”

Theran frowned. “I let you live you ungrateful brat, I stopped a Dracony from impaling you into a wall.”

“WHAT?!” Violet shouted despite the blade to her throat. “Theran you idiot!”

“Silence harlot!” The Mare sneered at Violet. “I knew you were false the moment I saw you. Violin? Ha fakest name I’ve ever heard.”

Theran was trying to wrap his head around why she said violin when Violet shouted. “You didn’t just call me a harlot did you? That’s it, you’re dead.”

“You are in no position to threaten me harlot. I…”

“ENOUGH!!!” Theran shouted. The Mare looked back at him with glare so sharp it felt like she could cut him with her gaze. “What do you want Silver? What dose all this blood shed get you?”

Silver narrowed her eyes and her lips formed a sneer. “You killed my father and the Stallion I was to be wed to. You stole everything from me!” Her eyes took on a made glint. “And now I think it’s only fitting I take everything away from you.”

Theran’s eyes went wide as she turned to give a nod to the one holding Violet. “NOOO!!” Theran screamed. He was shocked at his own emotion, the sense of fear in his heart was so great he felt breathless.

His scream actually startled them for a split second, long enough for Violet to pull out her hidden knife in her chest plate and rammed it hard into her captive’s neck, arterial blood gushed from the wound and all over her face. The fighting kicked off again but this time it was hoof-to-hoof combat, as Theran regained his senses and joined the fry. Before Silver could cast a spell, Theran cast his own spell, a spell called Magic Lock that blocked other mages from using magic. It struck her but caused no damage. Instead her horn sparked and her magic fizzled out.

“You’re not running this time Silver!” Theran stated as he took up a fighting stance. “This ends now.”

“I will have my do Razor, YOU WILL DIE!!!” She brandished a knife and came at him.


(Violet)

Years of dirty and gritty training in hoof-to-hoof combat came flooding to Violet. She ducked, weaved and fought as dirty as possible. Kicking up dirt to blind her foes, grabbing and directing their weapons into each other and destroying the manhood of every Stallion that tried to touch her. Bones broke, teeth shattered and necks snapped as she took on one after another.

Something hit her from behind, a club and fell forward onto the bodies of her fallen foes. Her armour wasn’t as good as Theran’s since hers was mostly leather and she felt the full impact of the club. She coughed and wheezed as her back pulsed with pain and she tried to stand but the club came down again. Barely able to breath, Violet looked passed her shoulder and saw the pony with the club. He raised it over his head to bring it down on her skull and all could do was watch, helpless. Just as he was about to end her life an arrow found its place in the pony’s own skull and was dead before he hit the floor.

“What?” Violet stammered as she tried to find where the arrow had come from. There was another whooshing sound and a dull thud as another arrow found its mark. Then she saw him, a Pegasus on top of a far building. She couldn’t make him out in the fog but one thing was for sure, he was on her side. Still unable to move she watched as the last the black geared goons took cover from as Violet’s new alley rained arrows at them, while Theran was locked in a struggle with Silver.

The Mare was fast with her knife getting a few cuts in but not fast enough as Theran blocked and countered most of her attacks with his blades and by the end of it she had slash wounds all around her unprotected body. She fell first, her wounds overcoming her while Theran still stood but looked out of breath. Violet wanted to get up and help him but her back just hurt too much to move.

Some for the goons tried to aid Silver but another mystery pony just appeared out of nowhere wielding daggers. The pony made quick work of them, slashing their throats with flawless precision. The last goon fell with an arrow in his skull and suddenly silence fell on the area.

It was over, it was finally over. Violet thought it was never going to stop but the fighting was finally over. She moaned loudly as she rolled onto her back and stared up at the grey sky.

She was breathing heavily as the pain in her back throbbed dully, feeling mixture of relief and shock. She heard somepony rushing over to her and soon discovered it was Theran. He fell to his knees by her side and looked worried. “Violet? Violet are you alright?” Theran asked in alarm while panting. He was bloody and had cuts on his face that were already healing. He also looked slightly panicked as he held her hoof.

Violet sucked in a breath as a new wave of pain shot up her spine. “My back…my back, it hurts…” She found it hard to speak.

“Is it broken?!” He asked again as her pressed his hoof to her back. It hurt but not as much as she expected and when she moved a little there was no agonising pain, just a dull pulsation that made it hard to move.

“No…no I don’t think so…just…winded…” She wheezed.

“I’ll take it from here.” A feminine voice said and Theran was startled.

Violet looked up to see a cream blue Mare with a bluer mane. Her had red eyes though an eye patch covered the left and she wore light leather barding. They immediately recognized her from the broken Unicorn horn.

It was Teara the former goon from the same ponies that had just attacked them. Theran had integrated her long ago before one of her partners tried to killed her to keep her from talking and almost did by putting a crossbow bolt through the back of her skull. But she survived the attempt on her life though with a cost. Do to the damage to her brain she lost her memory and with it all knowledge of the ponies she was working for. Ironic now since she had just helped them defeat the very ponies she used to work for. It was also ironic since with was the same Mare that nearly killed Violet all those years ago and now she was helping her.

“Teara?” Theran said in confusion. “Wh-where did you come from?...Wait is Tim with you?”

“Theran!” Came the familiar light hearted yet shocked voice.

“Tim!?” Theran called out. He looked back down to Violet. “You sure you’re alright?”

Violet felt her breath coming back to her and as it returned the pain faded. She waved him away. “I’m fine Theran…really, just go.” After a moment he let go of her hoof.

He got up on all fours now and gave her a nod. As he went over to Tim, Teara offered her a hoof. “Can you stand?” She asked.

Violet wiggled her nose and sucked in one more breath before taking her hoof and stiffly sat up.


(Theran Razorblabe)

Theran felt a limp in his left arm but it lessened with every second. He hopped and passed over body after body till he reached Tim. The young Stallion had grown over the years and was no longer the skinny little teenager he met when he first came to Rest Pit. He was now strong, fit and a bit taller. Like Teara he wore an eye-patch over his left eye, since the same ponies had taken it from him.

Theran was glad to see him and extended of hoof to him. “You’re a sight for sore eyes Tim.” He said, tired.

Tim smiled and took hold of Theran’s hoof and they had a respectful shake. “Like wise my friend.”

Theran backed up and half smiled. “What are you doing all the way out here?” He asked him.

Tim adjusted his quiver with his bow slung across his back. “I would ask the same thing about you. These guys who I think they are?”

Theran looked all around him at the ugly sight of all the bodies. “Afraid so Tim.”

A flash of anger played on his face as he took in the dead bodies. “Animals, I thought you got rid of them all?”

“There seems to be more out here. Why is the question.”

“For you!” Theran snapped his head around to see Silver still alive. She was struggling to get up as her many wounds bled profusely. Theran narrowed his eyes as he approached her. She was trying to crawl away as she dragged herself along the ground, leaving a trail of blood in her wake. “Ever since that day…I have wanted you dead…” Her voice was weakening with her vein attempt to get away. “And bring back that changeling brat so that I can bring back some honour to my family name!” She tried to stand but her legs gave in and she flopped back to the ground in a pool of her own blood. Theran stood over her as he looked down on the dying Mare. She looked at him with a burning hate. “But now…I won’t be able to…”

“You can still redeem yourself Silver.” Theran said with sympathy in his voice. “It’s not too late. Tell me, who gave you your orders?”

She spat blood out her mouth as she grinned up at him and started to laugh. “…There’s no point…we’re all going to be dead soon anyway.”

Theran frown at that. “What do you mean.”

“A storm is coming for you Razor…it comes for us all, hahaha…”

Theran’s eyes widened as a cold chill formed in the pit of his stomach. That was the third time he had heard that. Standing on his back legs again, Theran reached down and grabbed Silver by the scruffs of her chest and pulled her close to his face. “You’re going to answer me now Silver. WHO, who gave you your orders.”

“I’m free now…” She gasped as the light began to leave her eyes. “Long live…Black Sun…”

Then her eyes glazed over and the light left them. She went limp in his grasp and her final breath felt her lungs. “NO!” Theran growled as he shook her body. “WHO ORDERED YOU?!”

Her eyes stared off into space and her mouth hung open. Theran felt his rage fill his mind as he held her there, till a hoof touched his shoulder. He looked to his right and it was Violet. “She’s gone Theran, there’s nothing you can do.”

Theran looked at Silver’s body and realised what he was doing. He lowered her softly to the ground and respectfully closed her eyes. “Come.” Tim stated. “I have a place I’m staying here while I’m here. You two will be safe there.”

“We need to get Haze first.” Theran stated. “I don’t want her out here, I want in sight and close by.”

“I can go get her for you.” Tim offered. “Just tell me where I can find her. Teara can take you to the safe house.”
Theran told him where she was and he nodded and took off.

He pulled out his Trotty-talky and called Teven. “Teven this is Theran, I’m sending a Pegasus to get you and the girls, so if the see one approaching don’t be alarmed he’s friendly.”

A moment passed before Teven answered. “Understood Pack Leader, I await his arrival.”

With that dealt with Theran and Violet gathered their weapons then turned to Teara. “Take us to your safe house.”

She nodded and they made they’re way there, leaving the bodies and mayhem behind.

………..

Some time later after making sure they weren’t being followed they arrived.

“We’re here.” Teara stated as they approached a large stone, cubeular building. She pulled out a key from one of her pockets and unlocked the door. “Come in quickly.” She ushered them and they went inside.

The inside was rather roomy, with a living room, a tiny kitchen built into the wall and an upstairs area with three rooms. Theran had to admit he was impressed with the quality of the house. He guessed the town got so much trade that ponies around here could afford.

“You two get cleaned up.” Teara told them and pointed up the stairs. “Bathroom is on the right. Now if you excuse me I must check the situation outside.” Without around word she left and locked the door behind her.

Now alone, Theran and Violet looked at each other and grimaced. There was a lot of blood on them and no simple scrubbing would get it off. “Mares first.” Theran gestured up to the bathroom with an awkward half smile.

Violet made an even more awkward smile and not really looking at him she went up the stairs, followed shortly by Theran. Once through the door they found that the bathroom was a lot bigger than first thought. It had what looked like some sort of hoes or sprinkler attached to the wall with a drainage hole below it.

“I guess this is what we use to clean yourselves.” Theran assumed as he locked the door, he’d never seen this kind of contraption before.

After a few moment of helping each other get their gear off, they removed their cloths and examined their wounds. Theran’s had already healed do to his cures, but Violet didn’t have that. She had a few cuts including a busted lower lip but nothing life threatening. She had no broken bones but had a massive bruise on her back and it was a sore looking purple. He toughed it and she flinched with a pained growl. “Be careful.” Violet muttered through clenched teeth.

“What hit ya?” Theran asked as he checked her for any other injuries.

“A club…big ass heavy club.” Violet said as she sucked in a breath.

Theran found no new wounds so he backed up. “Well I see no other injuries. Good thing I taught you well.”

Violet laughed at that, a sarcastic filled chuckle. “You forget, I know how to fight. Sometimes even better than you.”

Theran felt his spirit lift at her teasing. He could take her criticism. “Anyway shall we get this mess off of us?”

“Let’s.” Violet agreed, and they got to it.

Theran used his magic to turn the latch on the wall and warm water fell from the hoes. It sprinkled down on them and they both let out content sighs as they cold bodies welcomed the warmth. “That…wow that is an amazing feeling.” Theran stated as he let the water wash over his face.

“Yeah…” Violet agreed in a calm whisper. “It is.” In a sort time all the blood and dirt had washed clean out there fur and normally this was the point they would stop the water, dry up and sit about doing…nothing really, but not this time. They stayed there in silence for a good while, listening to the sounds of the water raining down on them. Emotions started bubbling in Theran, emotions he hadn’t felt in a long time, started to creep back into the hollow gaps in his heart. The voice in his head hissed and whispered of pain.

“Theran?” He jumped slightly at his own name and looked at Violet through the down pore of the water. “There’s something I wanted to tell you for a long time, but…I n…”

Theran cut in, stopping her from talking. “D-don’t…I…I know what you’re about to tell me and…I can’t hear it…I don’t want to…”

The hurt expression on her face left a cold, sickening feeling in Theran chest and he found his breathing had increased. “Why?” Violet asked in a breathless whisper.

Theran’s jaw tightened as he fought back his emotions. “I…I…” He knew why, he was immortal and she wasn’t but still he couldn’t find the proper words. “I just can’t.”

Violet looked so hurt she moved closer to him and he flinched. They stared at each other with such an intense look in their eyes, it was almost as if time had lost all meaning. Violet looked determined though as her eyes narrowed. “I understand what you may think is more important, really I get it…but you can’t just hide from it.” She inched closer and Theran felt his heart start to race.

“Why not?!” Theran snapped but he didn’t intend for it to sound so harsh. “Last time it only brought me pain in the end…this will end just the same.”

Violet narrowed her eyes in cool, calm anger, as she didn’t take her gaze off him. “So that’s it? You’re just going to deny what you feel? Cause I’m not blind Theran I can see it in your eyes, you want this just as much as I do, maybe even more.” She was blushing madly now.

“DON’T YOU GET IT?!” Theran shouted, making her flinch. “I can’t die, I can’t age…I’m like a fixed point in time where I stay the same and everything else dies around me. Do you have any idea what that’s like?!” He felt himself loosing his cool as emotion seeped through his brain. “Every time I get close to somepony, every time I think that it’s going to work out every thing falls apart.”

“Then why have you stuck around for so long?” Violet suddenly asked sharply.

Theran was taken aback. “W-what?”

Violet was very close to him now, her nose inches from his. She looked him straight in the eye. “If you’re so afraid of attachment why are you still here? Why did you help me help Haze? If you’re so afraid why did you save us?” Theran was speechless. “Cause let me tell you that you are not the only one who has suffered loss. I have lost ponies I cared about, I watched my parents get tore apart by Ophlidites when I was only a child. And what about Haze? She lost her parents too, one died and the other abandoned her when she needed him the most. So don’t you dare stand here and tell me what lose is…cause I know all too well how it feels.”

She was breathing heavily now as she added and her face was bright red. “And what would your wife have wanted?”

Theran felt a ping of anger threaten to explode as his face also turned a shade of red. “Don’t you dare talk about my…”

She didn’t let him finish. “Would she have wanted you to be alone forever?! To push everypony you got close to away. Cause the truth is I could die at anytime. Could be tomorrow, could have even been today. I’m a ticking time bomb Theran we all are. So why deny what you want when you still have a chance to make something out of it?”

Theran felt his anger subside as her words hot him hard. What would Ash have wanted for him? He had loved her more than anything but she was gone had been for a long time but that longing still remained. He sat down and pressed his hooves to his temples. His mind was burning from the swirl of emotions swimming in his head. “I…I’m scared to Vi.” His emotions threatened to overwhelm him. “I don’t know what to do…nothing is clear.”

He felt her touch on his arms and he looked at her face. He could finally see how much she wanted this, how much she wanted him. She sat with him, moved his hooves away from his face and placed them on her hips, but she never took her eyes away from his. Then she started to sing a slow, heart-warming song and her words paralysed his mind. “My heart is beating, it beats fast and strong. My heart keeps beating, and I will never fall. And as long as you’re beside me, it will always live on. And if darkness comes to take me, I will not go willingly.”

Theran felt a tear leave his eye as a warm feeling filled his chest, a feeling he hadn’t felt so strong in such a long time, banishing all his earlier worries. “This…is a terrible idea Vi. You know that right?”

Violet had her hooves behind his neck and stared longing into his eyes. “Maybe…” She smiled. “But it was you who let me do the planning.”

Smiling also, Theran and Violet kissed for the first time in six years and their bodies joined as one.


(Summer Haze)

Haze had been quite surprised to see Tim and he was even more surprised to see Sapphire and Teven. She’d had to explain to him how Teven came to be with them and only after that did he put his bow away. After that he helped smuggle them into Splinter Bay unnoticed and she had asked him how he planned on doing that. Turned out it would be easier than she thought since Theran and Violet had caused such a disturbance that the locals wouldn’t really be paying attention that much. And before long as the day slowly turned to night they made it to where Tim had been leading them. “Here we are.” Tim said as he tried the door and found it was unlocked.

Upon opening the door a creamy blue Mare nearly sprang out the door with daggers in hoof when she saw Teven. “Wogha Teara it’s cool the Wolven is friendly.” He stated and quickly she backed off.

“If you say so boss.” She said after a moment and put away her daggers. She sat back on her chair near the door and stayed quiet after that.

They entered the house, first Haze and Sapphire then Teven who had to squeeze through the door do to her sheer size and then Tim came in last, locking the door. “Make yourselves comfortable.” Tim said as he took off his bow and quiver and set them aside to one corner. Haze and Sapphire did the sam as Tim looked around. “Where’s Theran and Violet?” He asked Teara.

“Upstairs still in the bathroom.” Teara stated. “They’ve been in there for a while now.”

Haze wondered if they were ok. From what Tim had told her on the way here, they had been in a pretty nasty fight with a same ponies that tried to kill her six years ago. “Huh, I’ll go check on them then.” Tim suggested.

“I’ll come too.” Haze offered and she followed him up the stairs.

When they reached the door Tim knocked on it a few times. “Theran, Violet, are you two ok in there?”

A moment passed and nothing, but then the door unlocked and Theran was standing in the doorway clothed and with his mane all damp. For some reason he looked different to Haze, mostly in his eyes. He looked so…tired. “Yeah Tim, we’re fine.”
He looked over his shoulder and Haze saw Violet gathering up her cleaned gear. She looked tired too but she had a happy smile on her face, one Haze had never seen before. She could sense something, something very strong between the two and that’s when she realised. She didn’t say anything though it was none of her business but she did smile. Theran noticed this smile and gave her a half one. “Hey Pip how’s your head?” Theran asked.

Haze flapped her ears and winced a bit. “Better but still sore.”

Theran nodded at that with a big sigh. “Ok good.” He looked to Tim. “Hey Tim, we’re all gunna hit the hay for the night. Got any free rooms?”

Tim’s face brightened and he pointed at the door in front of the bathroom. “Sure, just take that one right there but that’s the only room big enough for two. The other one is very small with a single bed.”

Theran nodded. “Alright.”

Tim glanced down the stairs at Teven who awkwardly leaned on the wall with her arms crossed trying her best to stay out of the way. “Man Theran, how’d you manage to get a Wolven to follow you?”

“With great communication skills.” Theran joked. “Well me and Vi are gunna rest now. That also goes for you too missy.” He pointed at Haze.

Haze knew better this time than to argue and she was pretty tired herself. “Yeah (yawn) I guess that’s a good idea.” Haze agreed.

“Good.” Theran said. He picked up his own cleaned armour and weapons, wrapped in a bundle and carried it to his and Violet’s room followed shortly by Violet herself.

“Thanks for letting us wash up Tim.” Violet said with her smile still beaming.

“No problem Violet, you have a good night.”

She nodded and looked at Haze before she went to her room. “Good night Haze.”

“Good night Violet.” Haze said.

Violet carried her things into the bedroom and closed the door behind her. Haze sleepily smiled. There was a warm sense in the air, a sense similar to hers and Sapphire’s but much stronger. Speaking of which, Sapphire came up the stairs and smiled at Haze. “So where are we sleeping?” Sapphire asked when she reached the top.

“Downstairs I guess.” Haze answered as she gestured to their room door.

“I guess I’ll let you two do your thing then.” Tim said and for some reason both girls blushed. Tim didn’t seem to notice though and went inside his room. “Good night.” He called back before shutting the door.

Haze and Sapphire looked at each other in awkward silence for a moment before Sapphire spoke first. “So uh…you tired?” She asked Haze.

“Yeeeep.” Haze said with a silly grin as she exaggerated the word.

Sapphire smiled at that and motioned to the door. “Let’s set up then, I’m tired too.”

They both went down the stairs looked around for a good spot. The only good spots where the floor or the couch but the couch was a bit narrow for Haze’s liking so she looked at Teven. “You can sleep on that couch Teven, it’s big enough.”

Teven shook her head. “No you and your mate should sleep there, not I.”

Haze blushed at that but she didn’t back down. “Come on Teven, it would be better for your shoulder.” She walked up to the big Wolven and gripped her slender wrist with her hoof. Teven seemed surprised by this gesture as her eyes widened and Haze wasn’t sure if she was going to react kindly to this. But Teven was very passive and slowly she walked forward with Haze and guided her to the couch.

She sat down on the soft furniture and it creaked under her weight. Teven still looked unsure as she glanced around. “There see, it’s not so bad.” Haze said.

Teven ran one of her paws on the surface of the couch, feeling its softness. “Thank you.” Teven said and it sounded like she meant it. “You are too kind little Haze.”

“It’s what I live for.” Haze stated.

Teven took off her upper armour and then lay her body out on the length of the couch, her feet the only thing dangling over the edge. She let out a rough sigh and closed her red eyes.

Satisfied, Haze turned to Teara who was sitting on a chair in front of the door. “What about you?” Haze asked her.

Teara just sat there dull eyed with her arms crossed. “I’m fine here. I’m keeping watch while you sleep.”

With no objections from Haze, she and Sapphire got to setting up their beds on the floor and as always, they placed them side by side. They took off their tops and quickly got settled in. With her magic, Teara turned out all the lights save one in the corner and the room was bathed in a soft glow.

Haze and Sapphire hugged each other for warms and comfort and for the first time this embrace meant something. “Haze?” Sapphire asked.

“Yeah?”

“I love you.”

“I love you too.” Haze said with a sigh.

“I love you more.” Sapphire said in a cheeky whisper and kissed Haze’s cheek.

Haze just smiled. “Ok Sapph that’s enough.” She said playfully.

Sapphire just made a little happy huff and snuggled in with Haze. “Night Haze.”

Haze yawned. “Night Sapph.”

Slowly but surely, Haze’s eyelids got heavy and she nodded off in the warm embrace of her beloved.


(Stat System)


Theran Razorblade:
Strength: 78+10
Endurance: 110+10
Intelligence: 76+5
Agility: 89+5

Perks: (Blood Rage)(Combat Expert)(Quick healer)
(Keen senses)(Sneaker)(Strong back)(Magic expert)(Cheese lover)
(Heavy fit)(Quick reflexes)(Immortal)(Pack Leader)


Violet:
Strength: 83+10
Endurance: 109+10
Intelligence: 72+5
Agility: 75+5

Perks: (Survivor)(Swordsmen)(Strong back)(Strong Stomach)
(Head strong)(Stallion killer)(Swift knife)(Quick reflexes) (Battle Rage)

Gained the perk (Strong willed) and (Unbreakable bond)


Summer Haze:
Strength: 23+10
Endurance: 48+10
Intelligence: 71+6
Agility: 31+2

Perks: (Shape shifter)(Love sense)(Natural healer)(Book Junky)
(Cookie monster)(Survival instincts)(Heavy sleeper)(Magic deflect)
(Quick reflexes)(Cannon ball kick)

Gained the perk (Love syphon) Now when in close proximity to her lover, Haze gains a buff in magic.


Sapphire:
Strength: 27+10
Endurance: 39+10
Intelligence: 64+5
Agility: 28+2

Perks: (Hot head)(Heavy hoofed)(Light weight)(Sneaker)(Rebel at heart)
(Two heads)(Fast Flier)

Gained the perk (Lover’s strength) Now when in close proximity to her lover Sapphire gains a 10% buff in strength and endurance.


Teven:
Strength: 160-5
Endurance: 205-5
Intelligence: 54+5
Agility: 63+5

Perks: (Battle Born)(Blood Rage)(Keen Senses)(Berserker)
(Duel Wielder)(Savage Blow)(Pain Lover)(Charger)(Deviant)
(Exile)(Paws or Death)(Loyal Servant)